Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

Man, I'm done with you. We lost 30 ports or more during the weekend....we had a meeting and tried to coordinate the defence of what we think we can defend right now.

And that's what we'll do. 

Is it so difficult for you to understand that we don't want to surrender? If we do so, the next step would be going against France or Danmark with the same plan and what would we earn from that? Nothing.

You want to secure this area in order to fight in the east, but we don't accept that and we will try to recapture ports.

Jesus.....

With the current mechanics you can do that. I don't have a problem with you trying to get your ports back.

I still think there should be war-goals set by the game you can achieve and a following peace mechanic. I believe that would take some emotions out of the equation. You don't have to agree with me in the topic.

Just cut the port timer whining. It's part of the current game mechanics and we set the timers that suit our needs and you set them like you want them to be set. No more, no less

you lost all your ports on southern cuba on your timers.

Yes Chimera that's true, but you don't give us neither the opportunity to try to recover then......

You can't say......... Spanish players can't play...... Why?........ Because we don't want.......  

I'm very disappointed with british players (or british faction if you want that was less personalized) more than the game mechanics......... Someone told me once....... Weapons don't kill.......... kill the person who has this weapon...... Mechanics are here.......... the problem is how we use these mechanics...... You can't say..... I'll kill you..... ¿why?..... Because I have a weapon and I use it......

I thought you will have more fair play, not win at all cost....

Is your right......... The ball is yours and if you wanna we don't play........... but........ 

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 1

This is only a game, I don't care for pixels, that's what it is. The vast majority of Spanish players want to fight, the big clans want to fight, so we will fight.

Maybe you could have thought that 90% of people in that Spain chat are from Spain and you are telling us to speak everytime in English? No, mate, we understand that we have some english-speakers playing for Spain and we have no problem at all if someone asks something in English or if they want to be informed. If that's the case, just ask whatever you want and you will be aswered in English.

But you have to understand that if 90% of us are from Spain, we will use Spanish. No wonder why.....

You can say that someone is defeated when they have no resources to fight back or no will. We have both, so why should we stay quiet and bend our knee? We have ships, money, and people willing to fight. 

We only have a problem: timers. 

I wasn't complaining about Spanish language being spoken nor was i saying that only English should be spoken. I was just saying that non-Spanish people join Spanish nation so it shouldn't be strange or automatically expected that only Spanish language will be spoken there.

Like I already stated several times, people are very nice and friendly and when I ask for a translation to know what is going on people always help me without any problems.

As for fighting on, at one point it becomes pointless and a drag. Thing is, with less ports you will get less and less money and ships, but also you will lose players. And those players when they reroll other nations won't be coming back later. And that's the problem.

Unbalanced completely in favor of British and Americans. Little progress since January gameplay and always benefiting them.

And that's why I really can't understand the actions of the Spanish and their attitude.

If you believe that the situation favours Britain, why on earth would you choose to go to war with them when they have tried nothing but to pursue peace with you? Why when warned and knowing what the consequences of choosing war would be, yet still choosing that war would you complain when those consequences happen?

I think the real truth is that the Spanish thought they were going to have an advantage over Britain by joining a 5v3 alliance that surrounded British waters and presenting a difficult multi-front conflict for them.

I think the Spanish were actually looking forward to wiping Britain out with their allies (something they have always longed and tried to do), but are angry and salty after being well-beaten by a better organised and coordinated GB/US/VP alliance whilst abandoned by their 'friends.'

Rather than throwing accusations around following your defeat, try looking at your poor initial strategic choices when choosing your enemies and the lack of support from your allies.

• Like 1

So, are you saying that non-spanish players will only play for Spain if they have a lot of ports?

We currently have 11 ports, that's our minimum in months and if you don't stay right now when you are really needed....

A few days ago we had 45 more or less. What happens now that forces those players to leave Spain?

You can trade, do missions and other things.

You just have to adapt yourself to the current situation....

• Like 1

You can't say......... Spanish players can't play...... Why?........ Because we don't want.......

Again, I cannot understand the accusation that Britain is stopping your players playing with their setting of port-timers. More specifically I don't understand your view that Spanish players want to play in port-battles when Britain and her allies rolled through 30+ ports (with timers set by Spain) with little or no opposition.

Sure, if there had been at least a minimal resistance you may have had more of a grievance.

And don't fall back on the 'it was our holiday and, therefore, we could not play' excuse when other nations (Including Britain) were having a national holiday also.

Edited by Captain Underpants

Sorry, say something new........... we barking like a chihuahua, we cry and everything happen is our fault has ben said many times..... We need new  ofences........

We neither have the possibility to fight until the end....... at least to try to recover ports close our capital...........

The chihuahua comparison was aimed more towards a few RAE members, not you. Anyways fact is most of the British players (there are exeptions ofcourse) dont enjoy trampling over Spain and try to engage in talks of a peace treaty over and over, but your nation is dominated by 1-2 clans that don't want to hear any of it and keep the hostility's going towards us, which makes us respond. So again i would suggest looking in the mirror, realizing that Spain is mostly killing itself, and try to change that. Band some players of your nation together that want piece and time to rebuild and engage in talks with Brits and US. 

The chihuahua comparison was aimed more towards a few RAE members, not you. Anyways fact is most of the British players (there are exeptions ofcourse) dont enjoy trampling over Spain and try to engage in talks of a peace treaty over and over, but your nation is dominated by 1-2 clans that don't want to hear any of it and keep the hostility's going towards us, which makes us respond. So again i would suggest looking in the mirror, realizing that Spain is mostly killing itself, and try to change that. Band some players of your nation together that want piece and time to rebuild and engage in talks with Brits and US. 

Maybe 10 times in the same post....... If we are about 20 or 30 person defending ports and they attack us simultaneously close to your capital and in the other corner of the map...... what will you try to defend????....

Contrary to what people may think, I (and other British players) have an enormous amount of sympathy for regular Spanish players and we don't want to see the Spanish player base decimated. Rather, we all want to see a competitive and active Spanish nation.

I believe you, but you hire very very well....... 

30 ports lost in one weekend is stupidity. That is not good game play that is a group of player taking advantage of a circumstance that has absolutely no other good outcome but damage to the game period. " We will teach you a lesson"

When you saw the ports were not or could not be defended that weekend you took advantage and didn't have the honor or the good sense to stop.

Had nothing to do with honor or fair game play was all revenge and you know that was what it was.

You all could of seen it wasn't in the games interest to go so overboard as you did to try to humiliate the player base to the extent you did for no other reason other than why you did it.

Doesn't matter the reason you know you did wrong doing it and it didn't need to happen like that. You wanted pvp ? Then why didn't you wait till their player base was on because unless your clueless 20 ports into that crap should of been an indication something was wrong so why didn't you stop ?

Sad to see players seem to have lost the honor of the fight and have turned into greedy i'll wipe you out if you don't follow our ideals and don't you dare try to give us pvp and attack us or we will outnumber you 20-1 and go to great lengths to stop any pvp with you. That's what your great nations want ?

You want pvp and the fun that comes with it but I think you forgot the fun for all factor as your killing the ability of the exact nations you want to pvp with to do that so in reality your cutting your own throat and going to end up killing your own fun by doing this crap.

Higher command showing no common sense and not seeing 30 ports in one weekend is NOT an  intelligent thing to do for a nation wanting PVP from another nation or good for the game makes me wonder if they shouldn't step back and rethink their mistake. Unless your goal is to kill most of your PVP and go fishing keep it up,  your success destroying your enemy is going to destroy your enjoyment not just theirs. :)

Think about it.

• Like 8

So, are you saying that non-spanish players will only play for Spain if they have a lot of ports?

We currently have 11 ports, that's our minimum in months and if you don't stay right now when you are really needed....

A few days ago we had 45 more or less. What happens now that forces those players to leave Spain?

You can trade, do missions and other things.

You just have to adapt yourself to the current situation....

ha? No, of course not. Those were two totally separate topics, one regarding languages and the other regarding the port situation.

And no, you can't normally trade nor do missions nor craft because there aren't enough materials for crafting, not much to trade and a lot of people have shipyards and mats in Robras which is cut off from the rest of the Spanish area. And sailing with a trader past ports occupied by British is like a Russian roulette played with an AK 47. You higher ranks maybe have millions of gold and dozens of ships, but we lower ranks don't.

And people will play if they see a hope that the situation might improve, but won't stay if they see that their gametime will turn into endless underdog pvp just for the sake of fighting and not giving up.

So, either get organised and start winning back ports or lose casual players. 

EDIT: You say that if players don't stay now when they are needed. How do you think players will stay and help if they can't advance? I want to help but I need ports to get materials and gold for ships so i can actually rank up and be of some use to our nation. I sail in Mercury, so I can't realistically help that much, I can't enter real battles where I can do damage in order to get experience, I can no longer afford to lose this ship and when I rank up I won't be able to afford better ship because we are locked in. And I'm sure there are other lower rank players in my situation as well. Also, i want to enjoy other aspects of this game like crafting and trading as well.  And now you say you want to fight to the end? Why would I then stay stuck at my rank and my ship and watch you all get all stubborn and banzai until the port reset (and I don't see any reason to believe that this situation won't happen AGAIN after reset, since this is the second time it happened)?

And one more thing, I don't want charity. i don't want other players to give me ships and gold. i got a snow and some gold when i first came to this game from a great guy and entered CAZA clan who would give me ships and everything if needed. But I want to create and earn my ships and my gold.

Edited by Todbringer

I don't get it

Spain Declares War to support their allies France and break the 3 admiral treaty, which is fine.

Enemy comes up with a plan to attack Spain in the weekend and take back most of the ports they lost in that 3 admirals treaty + some others

Spain does not want to surrender, (that is a choice u make but that is also that u accept the consequence of that decision which is that u will be brought to a 1 port nation)

Spain complains about that? Look don't complain to your enemy about it, go complain to your leaders who made the decision not to surrender.

If u want to take ports back then do it on a Weekend like they did, put some effort into it and talk with your allies about it.

16 Pages of emotions and all this about a wargame. Spain attacked, Spain chose to declare war to the Brits. Brits hit back. End of story.

A lot of time is invested in this game. it is like sailing for over two hours with a trader and then losing it literally 1 minute before reaching your goal. Oh man, I still feel angry and sorry for those two hours of my life spent staring at the horizon.

• Like 1

Man, I'm done with you. We lost 30 ports or more during the weekend....we had a meeting and tried to coordinate the defence of what we think we can defend right now.

And that's what we'll do. 

Is it so difficult for you to understand that we don't want to surrender? If we do so, the next step would be going against France or Danmark with the same plan and what would we earn from that? Nothing.

You want to secure this area in order to fight in the east, but we don't accept that and we will try to recapture ports.

Jesus.....

Alucard you have my respect but don't spoil it we do not expect you to surrender never have but maybe come to a lasting agreement that would see Spain grow and stay strong this could have been sorted out a long time ago but for the arrogance of some on both sides. Lasting peace deals could have been arranged several time but for the impatience of some who forget that some who play this game do not spend 24hrs a day in it expecting things to happen overnight.

Spain could have kept it's position gained at the Three Admirals treaty but declared war here instead and now you find yourselves once again reduced to a certain number of ports.

I really do wish that the arrogance of the few can be swayed by the need of the many and we can get back to the position of a couple of weeks ago.

Is it so difficult to understand that betrayed us, they threaten us on leave us without ports and waged a campaign to discredit us without precedents?

On this server we will ally ourselves always with whoever be necessary against Britain.

And if one day they destroy us or force alliance we will fill their battles with our ships without firing once against the enemy.

They have made a strong bet against the wrong enemy. Their wiles and lack of sportsmanship will not go unpunished. Spanish players never forget.

^

And this my dear Spanish is one of the few people destroying your nation with his ego and narcissism. 

To sum it up you have a few of these people in your largest guilds who would care less about their new players or their nation so long as their pride and ego are fed. Im sad to say that unless you rebuild a new council and somehow oust their monarchy, they will continue to take your nation to ruin.

• Like 4

ha? No, of course not. Those were two totally separate topics, one regarding languages and the other regarding the port situation.

And no, you can't normally trade nor do missions nor craft because there aren't enough materials for crafting, not much to trade and a lot of people have shipyards and mats in Robras which is cut off from the rest of the Spanish area. And sailing with a trader past ports occupied by British is like a Russian roulette played with an AK 47. You higher ranks maybe have millions of gold and dozens of ships, but we lower ranks don't.

And people will play if they see a hope that the situation might improve, but won't stay if they see that their gametime will turn into endless underdog pvp just for the sake of fighting and not giving up.

So, either get organised and start winning back ports or lose casual players. 

EDIT: You say that if players don't stay now when they are needed. How do you think players will stay and help if they can't advance? I want to help but I need ports to get materials and gold for ships so i can actually rank up and be of some use to our nation. I sail in Mercury, so I can't realistically help that much, I can't enter real battles where I can do damage in order to get experience, I can no longer afford to lose this ship and when I rank up I won't be able to afford better ship because we are locked in. And I'm sure there are other lower rank players in my situation as well. Also, i want to enjoy other aspects of this game like crafting and trading as well.  And now you say you want to fight to the end? Why would I then stay stuck at my rank and my ship and watch you all get all stubborn and banzai until the port reset (and I don't see any reason to believe that this situation won't happen AGAIN after reset, since this is the second time it happened)?

And one more thing, I don't want charity. i don't want other players to give me ships and gold. i got a snow and some gold when i first came to this game from a great guy and entered CAZA clan who would give me ships and everything if needed. But I want to create and earn my ships and my gold.

Point 1: Maybe you don't know that you can enter enemy ports with the smuggler flag enabled....

Point 2: you can do as many missions as you want/need near La Habana, can't you? So, you can earn money, XP and you might even want to capture some AI's traders to get free materials....but this is only a suggestion...

Point 3: maybe those considering moving to another nation have the good will of giving the spanish captains a little bit of time to talk, coordinate and organice something.

If we are not asking too much, would you do us a favour and give us this time or do we need to take those ports back inmediately if we want to keep you playing for Spain? You do know that when you lose a port you can't attack it for 48h, don't you?

As i said before, 4 days ago we had 45 ports. I'm sure that number might have been enough for trade, missions and crafting....or maybe not.

Point 4: do you know that if you can man a Mercury or even a snow you are a very capable captain to capture/defend a shallow port? Do you know that you can watch for flags and fleets when we are under attack? The real problem in this game is people don't realise how useful they can be even at a low rank. Everybody can help if they really want to. Just show your will to help and I'm sure you can help in ways you might not even considered before.

Finally: if you are so committed, I can give you money and ships to help you out in your first steps. Just contact me ingame and I'll do it.

Some mistakes expected, I'm from my phone.

• Like 4

^

And this my dear Spanish is one of the few people destroying your nation with his ego and narcissism.

To sum it up you have a few of these people in your largest guilds who would care less about their new players or their nation so long as their pride and ego are fed. Im sad to say that unless you rebuild a new council and somehow oust their monarchy, they will continue to take your nation to ruin.

Whats worse, those ppl in Spain who do this or the people from other nations who legitimize their wayward rhetoric through words and actions which undercut any attempt at actually changing attitudes regarding potential diplomatic solutions to our current stalemate from within? Personally i couldn't care less because atm people in Espana are working together as we always do when we get pushed back this far. The timers and their intent as openly expressed by Crowley are nothing but a slap in the face to any and all Espana players pubby or not, who log on to this game to have a good time regardless of strategic intent. Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

Whats worse, those ppl in Spain who do this or the people from other nations who legitimize their wayward rhetoric through words and actions?

From the perspective of new/cassual players of Spain that get their game ruined, it would be most definitely the former.  

From the perspective of new/cassual players of Spain that get their game ruined, it would be most definitely the former.

Like i said i don't really care for diplomacy or forum crusading anymore. No one else has the ability to stop me from finding a good time in this game. At some point all this regurgitated bullshit just loses its appeal. I just want to see more than 200 ppl online at primetime 6 months from now. I hate to see people leave Spain for avoidable reasons, but honestly id even rather see them play for GB then leave the game and a negative review on steam.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

Alucard you have my respect but don't spoil it we do not expect you to surrender never have but maybe come to a lasting agreement that would see Spain grow and stay strong this could have been sorted out a long time ago but for the arrogance of some on both sides. Lasting peace deals could have been arranged several time but for the impatience of some who forget that some who play this game do not spend 24hrs a day in it expecting things to happen overnight.

Spain could have kept it's position gained at the Three Admirals treaty but declared war here instead and now you find yourselves once again reduced to a certain number of ports.

I really do wish that the arrogance of the few can be swayed by the need of the many and we can get back to the position of a couple of weeks ago.

You have my respect too because I once talked to you and you seemed a reasonable person and somebody you can talk to avoiding bad feelings. I even forgot that private chat you sent me :)

But I would want you to put on my own shoes (these might not be the words) as a Spanish captain.

First, we have ships, money and the willing to fight for those ports you took from us in a weekend.

Second, they way some of your captains talk to us here in the forum is doing nothing but get the situation worse (the same can be expected from our people, I understand that too)

Third, we are repetedly told to hold our horses and stay quiet but what would be the purpose?

If we do that, you are free to do the same to France or Danmark ( I don't include the swedish here because although they switched to war with GB they haven't attacked you yet) and we don't want that happening again.

So we just have to try to capture our ports back, nothing less nothing more.

We didn't lose several battles in the same day. It's as simple as we didn't have people that weekend and you just took advantage of it.

When I left my house on saturday morning we had 45 ports, when I came back on Sunday night we had ....well, you know the numbers.

A different scenario would be if we were losing ports for a month and people were tired enough to fight... that's not what happens here and now.

So, we must fight and that's what we'll do.

• Like 3

Everyone knows that "fair play" is an Anglo-Saxon word that our English friends do not apply, only, to foreigners, but also, sometimes, to themselves.

I want to show, to demonstrate it, a little amusing analysis, about timers in place on new british ports, not to prevent any reconquest for sure, but only to allow their US and Aussie  players to play in more comfortable hours for them.

51% of these ports are in the range 0h-8h, which is the evening in the USA from east to west.

28% of these ports are in the range 10h-14h, which is the evening in Australia from east to west.

21% of these ports are in the range 18h-24h, which is the evening in England.

Of course, we can not exclude, completely, that British council  wanted, also give the opportunity to play for the insomniacs unemployed or pensioners, but we are obliged to admit that the English faction must consist of 80% foreigners.

We, also, must admit that 70 % of US players prefer to play in British faction than US faction.

We must, also, admit that  there is more of our Aussie friends than British in this game, except if some of them prefer to play Spanish.

This analysis was, of course, made to silence, finally, all the spiteful critics on this subject.

Alanxo statistician privateer

• Like 3