Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

Recommended Posts

Just use up your materials before the material wipe (date tba) as was suggested weeks ago. As we are still in EA, Devs could go the easy way and just wipe all the stuff. Think about it.  ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ships and ships and all goodies for those ships for "years". Who needs economy that works like this or does it really matter to discuss "economy broken" ? Think about it. It is a hoarding economy :)  Who needs a nation when the captain ( the player ) is a Navy Board / Nation on its own ? It skims on the "obscene", and this is just a simpleton captain, not a ultra dedicated one. Multiply it by 1000x and you can guess some of the hoarding made by some fellows out there

image.png.f96b2827990ef166f1934785ce65ecce.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Ink said:

Some information about material conversion, please note that this is not a final decision and changes are still possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wskSxkK0nJXCQ-Z-DxJcVFXu_ztPKo0huf4SUHbKQ24/edit#gid=0

 

gold coins (and ingots) and silver coins (and ingots) give coal?

They should give (at least a small amount) of gold and silver.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, victor said:

gold coins (and ingots) and silver coins (and ingots) give coal?

They should give (at least a small amount) of gold and silver.

 

How when silver and gold will get deleted at all?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

How when silver and gold will get deleted at all?

they will? Thanks for info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing I found about silver and gold:

On 4/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, admin said:

Old legacy coins and ingots removal

  • Current Gold Coins and Silver Coins will be removed from game (you can start dumping them or use for craft if you have huge stocks) and stocks left will be compensated at denominated prices
  • Current gold ingots and silver ingots will be removed from game and mines will be removed (and building costs compensated) 

Anyone knowning more about actually removing gold/silver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Ships and ships and all goodies for those ships for "years". Who needs economy that works like this or does it really matter to discuss "economy broken" ? Think about it. It is a hoarding economy :)  Who needs a nation when the captain ( the player ) is a Navy Board / Nation on its own ? It skims on the "obscene", and this is just a simpleton captain, not a ultra dedicated one. Multiply it by 1000x and you can guess some of the hoarding made by some fellows out there

image.png.f96b2827990ef166f1934785ce65ecce.png

Holy shit, you do a lot of pve!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this be the big patch, or just another hotfix?  @admin @Ink?   Well either way I'll have to find out when I get home from work tonight as I have to leave before the servers come back up.

 

If is not the big patch it would be nice if hey give us a day or two heads up before it drops.  That way we can convert stuff at the last moment into other things if need be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Holy shit, you do a lot of pve!

I don't do a lot, albeit this latest character i've been doing a lot of PvE testing. :) 

Also, we get Combat Marks with PvP as well if you haven't noticed. I recall it is equal number of combat marks as pvp marks.

Plus nothing in the screenshot says it is mine, it is just a player's character that was never deleted since the wipe a while ago. Go figure. He needs nothing from the "economy" anymore. He is out of the "eco" game, same as thousands of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I don't do a lot, albeit this latest character i've been doing a lot of PvE testing. :) 

Also, we get Combat Marks with PvP as well if you haven't noticed. I recall it is equal number of combat marks as pvp marks.

Plus nothing in the screenshot says it is mine, it is just a player's character that was never deleted after the wipe a while ago. Go figure. He needs nothing from the "economy" anymore. He is out of the "eco" game, same as thousands of others.

Well I was looking more at the books the screenshot shows. It 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well I was looking more at the books the screenshot shows. It 

Yep. In the end it is a showcase of how things are across plenty of captains. That's we wanted, right ? Tid and bits dropping everywhere and growing on trees so we could enhance our ships in win-win ways.

Given the amount of hoarding I wonder if anti-eco crew is right after all and it is a faux-feature in the end... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Could this be the big patch, or just another hotfix?  @admin @Ink?   Well either way I'll have to find out when I get home from work tonight as I have to leave before the servers come back up.

 

If is not the big patch it would be nice if hey give us a day or two heads up before it drops.  That way we can convert stuff at the last moment into other things if need be.

most likely minor patch we will get wipe and UI in one patch so we are waiting for 120min downtime not 90min

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin The higher chance for good trims and 4-5/5-5 ships only in capturable ports is still planned? Any details yet on how high what chances will be, yet? I want to move my assets and it would be convenient for me to know before the patch drops. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Julien Davenport said:

EA1B65E1DA86655682FC81B5A83082D77A8899F8

Is crafted in FORT ROYAL 

Teak/Fir? A runaway ship?

🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

Your thinking is flawed. It's not a 'present'. Labor hours are just as much a constituent of components as any other materials. In fact by wiping them out the devs are removing a substantial part of the economy. The labor hours I put into my materials are ones that I paid for mostly so they represent in game gold at a minimum - and that gold equivalent is being withdrawn from the economy. Think about it.

You cannot go over your cap of maximum labor hours. Ever. You're asking for a cheat code in an entitled manner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Archer11 said:

Only thing I found about silver and gold:

Anyone knowning more about actually removing gold/silver?

If mines will be removed, I assume gold and silver will be removed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victor said:

If mines will be removed, I assume gold and silver will be removed too.

They will be converted into COAL !!! So I assume they are removed :)

They published a spreadsheet showing what will turn into what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

They will be converted into COAL !!! So I assume they are removed :)

They published a spreadsheet showing what will turn into what.

actually the spreadsheet only states that ingots and coins will be converted to coal, but about silver and gold ore they do not said anything. But I assume they will be just wiped.

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Yep. In the end it is a showcase of how things are across plenty of captains. That's we wanted, right ? Tid and bits dropping everywhere and growing on trees so we could enhance our ships in win-win ways.

Given the amount of hoarding I wonder if anti-eco crew is right after all and it is a faux-feature in the end... 🤔

And it's sad cause some folks are still hunting for some of the books he has and he has mulit of them.  I still don't have 1-3 planking on any char and I"m looking for some 6-7 for alts that play in the shallows......RNG hates me all I get is basic mods half the time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And it's sad cause some folks are still hunting for some of the books he has and he has mulit of them.  I still don't have 1-3 planking on any char and I"m looking for some 6-7 for alts that play in the shallows......RNG hates me all I get is basic mods half the time.

not everyone is suppose to have these mods, that's why they're rare. Imagine if everyone had planking, or five rings, or AoSH, pvp would be horrible. I was lucky to find 1-3 for cheap and now I use it for all my SOLs. I literally wouldn't feel safe without it.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@victor yes but gold coin is crafted with gold ingots and coal. So it is weird they are being converted only into coal, which means gold/silver can be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us hope for a full disclosure before the patch comes as it is not only the 44 crafted materials removal affected here , with denomination comes repricing on all items, those under the thresh hold for example if 1000 gold becomes 1 piece of new currency then they will have to be altered too , maybe into packs of 10 or 100 its all a bit unclear.

A last minute fire sale of trade goods will fail as markets will drop to 1 gold when limit is reached, some clarity would be nice, will trade items be rounded up to 1 or will we have part loads that can only be sold when a full pack has been made for example an item priced 500 gold today after patch may be worth 0.5 and i dont think we can have prices under one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SadisticDentist said:

:Rookieschutz bis zur 5-6 rate(sollte zum deaktivieren durch den spieler sein dann jedoch verfällt der schutz)Safezonen bis zur 5-6 rate spieler ist nicht angreifbar(deaktivierung durch spieler möglich)das ist ein muss!!!

 

 

Das würde nur funktionieren wenn wir wie in Wold of warships oder anderen moba games in tiers denken würden. Fakt is aber das jeder jedes schiff benutzen kann. Sollte also ein max lvl Spieler den gleichen Schutz genießen nur weil er ein 5th rate segelt? Oder sollte ein Alt (zweit account) eines Veterans geschützt sein nur weil der alt dem ersten Rang entspricht? Dann kommt noch dazu das weit über 50 ehr 80% des Spiels in der Sicherheitszone erledigt werden kann. Also warum jemals verlassen?

Das ist das Dilemma mit der Sicherheitszone. Sicher neue Spieler sollten Schutz genießen. Das Tutorial ist ein guter Weg dafür. 100% Sicher kein Verlust von Schiff und Gut. Außerdem kann man rund 400.000 Gold + repairs + 2 Schiffs notes + 250 crew Rang als Belohnung erhalten wenn man das Final Exam abschließt. Sicher dadurch wird man nicht zum Pro. Und ja die Sicherheitszone RoE (Rule of engagement) ist zur Zeit fraglich, aber im Großen und Ganzen hat sich das Spiel doch sehr dem Uerfahrenen Spieler angenährt. Sicher es geht immer besser!

Nochwas wenn du die Devs erreichen willst. Schreib zumindest in englisch. Ansonsten bist du darauf angewiesen, dass jemand das in englisch an die devs weiterleitet.

-----------------------------------------------------

That would only work if the game would be like any moba game  like "World of warships" for example. But in fact everyone(newcomer /vet) can use any ship at anytime. Should a high lvl player be protected because he uses a 5th rate? Or should an alt be protected because he is low rank? Furthermore 50 to 80% of the game can be achieved in the carezone. So why should anyone leave that zone?

Thats the dilemma regarding the carezone. Sure newcomer should have protection. The tutorial is a good way because you cant lose anything and it doesnt throw you into the evil and hostile open world. After passing the final exam the player gets around 400k gold a lot of repairs +2 ship notes and a rank able to command 250 crew. Ofc the player wont be a pro after that and yes the RoE regarding the carezone is debatable, but overall the game got more player friendly over the last patches and I guess they are still working on it to improve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×