Game-Labs Forum

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

From my understanding the idea is that ships recipes will change to only require resources and not materials. How it currently work is that the making of the materials for the ship take a certain amount of labour hours and same for the ship. An example is that the L'Ocean needs 1957 labour hours currently to be able to press the craft button and the materials for it being made out of white oak/white oak(excluding the labour hours for the resources) takes a total 3782 labour hours to make(with material inefficiency due to not being able to make exact amounts of materials) bringing the total amount of labour hours to construct a L'Ocean to 5739 labour hours. Currently the max amount of labour hours you can store(with perks) is 2500. My question then becomes how will we be able to construct a L'Ocean? Will the labour hour cost change, will the wallet size change or maybe will the labour hour cost of materials be moved to the collection of resources?

Just wondering about the pieces of eight and Reals...the two currencies after the update. Will their values be fixed against the other? Or will they change, allowing money manipulation? I wonder, as well, if we will ever see 'the Funds' as in the bank where British seamen would invest their prize money? Changing exchange rates, and a stock market, would add interesting wrinkles to NA....

Hi,

Can you tell us what compo wil be wipe exactly from this list ? so we will know what we should use immediatly :

(Maybe, edit this list into the 1rst post)

Ressources :

• Coal
  • Food Supplies
  • Gold
  • Hemp
  • Iron ore
  • Lignum Vitae Log
  • Silver
  • Stone block
  • Fir log
  • Oak log
  • Bermuda Cedar log
  • Caguairan log
  • Compass Wood
  • Live Oak log
  • Mahogany Log
  • Sabicu log
  • Teak log
  • White Oak log

Compenants :

• Gold coins
  • Gold ingots
  • Iron ingots
  • Silver coins
  • Silver ingots
  • Ballast
  • Cables And Hawsers
  • Furnishings
  • Iron Fittings
  • Wooden Fittings
  • Barrels
  • Large Carriage
  • Medium Carriage
  • Provisions
  • Small Carriage
  • Knees
  • Rudder part
  • Tar
  • Blocks
  • Canvas Rolls
  • Cordage and oakum
  • Rigging Parts
  • Bermuda Cedar Frame
  • Caguairan Frame Parts
  • Fir Frame Parts
  • Live Oak frame parts
  • Mahogany Frame Parts
  • Oak Frame Parts
  • Sabicu Frame Parts
  • Teak Frame Parts
  • White Oak Frame Parts
  • Bermuda Cedar planks
  • Fir planks
  • Mahogany planks
  • Oak planks
  • Sabicu planks
  • Teak planks
  • White Oak planks

Thanks o7

13 hours ago, Neuville said:

Hi,

Can you tell us what compo wil be wipe exactly from this list ? so we will know what we should use immediatly :

(Maybe, edit this list into the 1rst post)

Thanks o7

On 5/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, admin said:

No action needed.

• Raw materials will be converted as is with no loss or gain (for example Oak logs). If you have 1000 oak logs in the warehouse and the conversion rate is 100 to 1 - you will get 1 oak log (load) (number used is for information purposes only)
  • Money will be converted as is with no loss or gain. For example 1,000,000 gold will convert to 1000 Pieces of Eight (number is for illustration purposes only). 
  • Building productions and costs will also reduce according to conversion rates.
  • Repairs, upgrades, ships are not going to be affected.

Action recommended but not really required (the effects of loss or gain will be minor)

• Intermediate materials will be converted into raw materials. For example frame parts will convert into logs. Barrels might convert to logs or logs and ore. Carriages will convert to logs or logs and hemp. Et cetera.

As a result

• Crafting BPs will be cleaner and more easy to understand. 
  • There will be less unnecessary clicks
  • there will be less unnecessary materials to craft and hold
  • There will be less zeroes.

Like admin declared: "Intermediate materials will be converted into raw materials", "the effects of loss or gain will be minor". If you will be totaly shure use all intermediate materials (in your list the "compenants")

Forum could be so much slimmer if everybody reads the announcements carefully.

The "wipe" isn't a wipe where you loose things. You have to expect a slimmer list of materials that are needed to craft a ship.

Edited by HamBlower
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HamBlower said:

Like admin declared: "Intermediate materials will be converted into raw materials", "the effects of loss or gain will be minor". If you will be totaly shure use all intermediate materials (in your list the "compenants")

Forum could be so much slimmer if everybody reads the announcements carefully.

The "wipe" isn't a wipe where you loose things. You have to expect a slimmer list of materials that are needed to craft a ship.

I can see why people still want exact clarification of what will change, because when they merged the servers they said most stuff should transfer across and although they mentioned somethings that could not transfer they never mentioned that sealed bottles would not transfer and then acted as if we should have known that these items were not transferable. If they had been clear as people were requesting people would have had time to use the items in advance. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, Oberon74 said:

Nice!  It should open up some warehouse space

Maybe.  If the Devs force Modules to be stored in warehouses and transported by ship rather than via the common chest, then we may use up all the extra space quickly.  Currently I maintain one outpost with 40+ different modules in it - but in the future we could easily have 30-40 modules in our main crafting warehouses.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, Neuville said:

The list should come soon. It's better to craft finish products, but in any case the intermediate materials will be converted into their most expensive components (raw materials), thus the gains or losses should be minimal.

• Like 1

Thanks for the precision. Indeed, refind the raw material is good. We will just lost the labor hours used for craft, but it's the reason we should craft ships quikly ^^

Well, any idéa about the day of this update ?

1 hour ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Any update on this yet? I feel the majority of NA player base are waiting for these updates to drop. (myself included)

I stoped playing will return when new stuff arrives.

But i daily check forums

On 6/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, Intrepido said:

Ink has already said that at the end of the next week they will say something about the ETA.

So you saying, we got an eta on a post about an eta.... lol

• Like 2

I would rather the patch come out working then come out early and screw up everything and have to have a server roll back like last crafting changes.

Although communication is always nice.

Edited by Aster
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, admin said:

Building productions and costs will also reduce according to conversion rates.

I want to move my production buildings, shipyards and workshops...  would it be more beneficial to me to do this before the patch or after implementiong or doesn't it matter at all ( in terms of building prices ) ?

It should cost the same before and after, only the amount of 'Gold' you have and the amount of 'Gold' it costs to build a building might have changed. The ratio of your riches to building cost will be the same if I understood the dev's OP correctly