Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

I heard someone mention that the damage of the towers has been lowered to the point that even rank 6 ships can sail past them with little concern. Is this true and if so than what point is there to building them now considering that the amount of resources has not changed?

Edited by Raekur
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Raekur said:

I heard someone mention that the damage of the towers has been lowered to the point that even rank 6 ships can sail past them with little concern. Is this true and if so than what point is there to building them now considering that the amount of resources has not changed?

first .because some forts are placed in some destructive places 

second reason is the mortar brig has to come in the game 

thirth reason ,forts destroyed to many ships to fast

i have a question : @admin

because of the gun balancing in the last updates:  

can the mediums in the shop :

can get a new prices where they fit in the pricing of the guns and do not unbalance the gun (long /caro) production. 

or can the bigger calibers  be removed ,  and only hold the 2 /3/4/6 pd for the starters in the shop?

its like a walhalla at the moment.

Edited by Thonys

9 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

@Thonys What was balanced with the guns?  Do you have link for that update Information?

i do not have a link , sorry 

can give you this :

a60ac523bdb7dd45d6c905a63c8f5c10-png.jpg dpm

gift              elite drop    shop           elite drop   elite drop   Player          player        elite drop

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thonys said:

first .because some forts are placed in some destructive places 

second reason is the mortar brig has to come in the game 

thirth reason ,forts destroyed to many ships to fast

Well it seems that it has gone from the towers doing too much damage to not enough to be a threat even to shallow water ships. So now deep water port battles there seems to be little reason to even build them. How exactly did that improve the game other than help the attacking side take the port?

Sad moments in game for me:

1. Absolutely do not understand why Victory slowest ship... (Maybe historically, but its not playable for her) 😧
  2. Сongreve guns very week... Same DPS as medium guns but worse penetration. Very bad for guns from elite NPC. Quick option: equalize damage. Now default Medium guns better 😔
  3. Art of cargo distribution have 1.25% speed + heel bonus. What price for it book? 3kk reals? Navy loodsman have only 1.25% speed bonus for 250 combat medals (25kk reals?) At least up to 1.5% or more 🙏

Thanks for attention ✌️

Edited by Moscalb
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moscalb said:

Sad moments in game for me:

1. Absolutely do not understand why Victory slowest ship... (Maybe historically, but its not playable for her) 😧
  2. Сongreve guns very week... Same DPS as medium guns but worse penetration. Very bad for guns from elite NPC. Default Medium guns better 😔
  3. Art of cargo distribution have 1.25% speed + heel bonus. What price for it book? 3kk reals? Navy loodsman have only 1.25% speed bonus for 250 combat medals (25kk reals?) At least up to 1.5% or more 🙏

Thanks for attention ✌️

devs did promise some "love " for the victory. There is also a special edition vic in the works sometime IIRC 🙂

On 1/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, --Privateer-- said:

@admin I have questions about the privateer fleets:

• Are they working as intended?
  • Is there really supposed to be a instant kill zone around enemy capitals?
  • How can the AI 1st rates catch a 30.0 kn ship in the open world?
  • When the Trinc main ship of the privateer fleet tags me at the edge of the circle, are the 1st rates supposed to spawn 500 meters ahead of that location right next to me?

If they are working as intended, then I have many suggestions. If they are not working as intended, I would like to report the incident recorded below (f11 sent at the time) and request my ship back.

@admin exactly the same thing happened to my group, but in this case on the peace server, we want to check if it is a bug and if so, that the ship is returned to the fallen companion, I only insert the entrance to the combat but I have all the recorded battle, if you are interested .... 

in the second 10 there is a slow motion process to observe the space between ships, it is not as detailed as the previous video but within the battle you can observe the respawn of the fleet

On 2/3/2020 at 11:51 AM, Thonys said:

i have a question : @admin

because of the gun balancing in the last updates:  

can the mediums in the shop :

can get a new prices where they fit in the pricing of the guns and do not unbalance the gun (long /caro) production. 

or can the bigger calibers  be removed ,  and only hold the 2 /3/4/6 pd for the starters in the shop?

its like a walhalla at the moment.

can you rephrase? i dont understand

On 1/22/2020 at 12:39 PM, --Privateer-- said:

@admin I have questions about the privateer fleets:

• Are they working as intended?
  • Is there really supposed to be a instant kill zone around enemy capitals?
  • How can the AI 1st rates catch a 30.0 kn ship in the open world?
  • When the Trinc main ship of the privateer fleet tags me at the edge of the circle, are the 1st rates supposed to spawn 500 meters ahead of that location right next to me?

If they are working as intended, then I have many suggestions. If they are not working as intended, I would like to report the incident recorded below (f11 sent at the time) and request my ship back.

• Yes they are working as intended but of course suggestions on improvements are welcome. 
  • They are not insta kill and people are farming them successfuly daily. Its just a Solo frigate would sink very fast (but could get lucky)
  • Wind boosts. They use windboosts, you can too. 
  • They spawn like AI always spawns, the main goal is to remove the desire to hunt around enemy capitals.

Overall they work well. Safety around capitals is a lot higher these days. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, admin said:

• Yes they are working as intended but of course suggestions on improvements are welcome. 
  • They are not insta kill and people are farming them successfuly daily. Its just a Solo frigate would sink very fast (but could get lucky)
  • They spawn like AI always spawns, the main goal is to remove the desire to hunt around enemy capitals.

If they don't tag ships with less than 100BR. Isn't there a loophole to be used by raiders?

36 minutes ago, admin said:

Он считает, что продаваемые в магазине Medium Guns слишком дешевые и просит, чтобы их цена коррелировала с ценами на длинные пушки и карронады, продаваемые игроками, а также просит убрать из магазина Medium Guns от 9фн и выше.

46 minutes ago, Montagnes said:

If they don't tag ships with less than 100BR. Isn't there a loophole to be used by raiders?

You can take a cutter and have a 600BR ship in fleet. Privateer fleets will only see the cutter and ignore the fleet ship BR. (Not sure if that changed with one of the recent hotfixes)

On topic:

Is it allowed to offer a service to flip ports to make them unattackable for others?

1 hour ago, admin said:

The thing with the gun rework is, that a medium gun compared to long and carro is very, very cheap available, and have the fastest reload, the most base damage vs distance. So long guns and carro's are not or minimal be sold at the stores. 

3 hours ago, admin said:

Hello @admin
it's more about the following:
it's about production for gun makers who trade on guns that you can buy in the shop.

it seems that long and carro guns are no longer attractive given the damage output and people apparently no longer opt for the longs since port battles take place more close. and therefore there is massive choice for medium cannons, the damage output here is larger with mediums which puts pressure on the sale of long guns and carros. these can be purchased in the shop for almost dump prices. (the difference between for example 42 longs and immediately available 42 medium guns in the shop at the trader drop.)
that is especially true for the higher calibres (from the 9 pound mediums) I am not taking into account the small medium caliber guns for the new players, since they need direct access.

scenario: port battle (ocean) close range 250 Mtr + sufficient penetration. ) ((for the sake of convenience, the choice between long and medium)
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
and hereby I leave the upper deck aside for a moment since carro shows a damage difference of 1972 DPM compared to mediums (choice 9 medium / 42 carro). (and I'm really only talking about the difference between long and medium)

in this example I will leave the carronade discussion for what it is, but this can be very important for other ships.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
So...
firing speed is important:

The base damage between a damage output long and medium is per minute: M 60 / 65x182 = 167 Base damage per minute. and. L: 60 / 71x168 = 141 base damage per minute.
the difference between a damage output medium and long is: 26 Damage pm times = is 832 base damage extra per minute more.

this can have a decisive significance in choosing medium cannons instead of carronades and long, which puts heavy pressure on sales, also in view of the price and availability in the shop.

I hope I have informed you a little better about this specific combination between the guns on the ship and the user's choice on the one hand, and the gun manufacturer who cannot trade his trade given the profit margin on the other.

incidentally, this applies to the medium guns and the long guns (DPM) for every ship across the board. especially if you look at close combat. and the availability of the many medium guns available in the shop. therefor i plead for a change on the availability of medium guns , produced by the AI shop trader (not the medium guns for the rookie)

*long range in this case is a tradeoff for the player choice. but in my opinion long range battles are mostly not happening. (considering the mechanic what involves demasting meta /  and chain distance impact and speed boats )

ps.in short  i do not want the damage removed from the guns, but more the availability of the AI mediums in the shop.

(and not the medium removed for the 2/3/4/6/ pd mediums for the rookies)

that is why i asked you to solve this particular issue for the gunmakers (witch also include many other aspects for doing trade , like coal and iron production set back. labor hours and other mechanics)

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, admin said:

2. They are basically insta kill for anyone unless you go to them with the sole purpose of farming them, which will require significant amount of big ships.

4. Their goal is to remove the desire to hunt around enemy capitals - so then you give them (S) Wood chests and those drop exclusively from those fleets.

You don't think those 2 things conflict one with another?

Capital noobs are still getting rekt on daily basis by princes, snows, and requins. Major contribution to capital safety was removal of BIG AI around them which forced carebears to move elsewhere. Players who like to PVP moved after them. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

They spawn like AI always spawns, the main goal is to remove the desire to hunt around enemy capitals.

Wouldn't it be smarter to NOT have one of the best items ingame to drop from these fleets then? Doesn't this contradict the reason to have them?

We have the elite events that roams around in distress being bypassed by all these big fleets that are not interested in them, because compared to admiral chests the loot in the elite events are anything special :( 

On 2/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, Beeekonda said:

2. They are basically insta kill for anyone unless you go to them with the sole purpose of farming them, which will require significant amount of big ships.

4. Their goal is to remove the desire to hunt around enemy capitals - so then you give them (S) Wood chests and those drop exclusively from those fleets.

You don't think those 2 things conflict one with another?

Capital noobs are still getting rekt on daily basis by princes, snows, and requins. Major contribution to capital safety was removal of BIG AI around them which forced carebears to move elsewhere. Players who like to PVP moved after them. 

To 2: i got tagged several times by privateer fleets, one time even in a Santi ... and escaped all of this attacks ... of course i had good luck (mostly tagged in upwind Position), but they are Not "insta kill"

To 4: Groups that go out to farm Privateers dont care for enemy Players around ...  maybe they will attack an other lineship fleet, but they definitly wont attack noobs around enemy Capital ...

To give noobs a better chance to fight the Snow/Prince/Niagara-Gankers i strongly recommend a change of the ROE outside Capitals ... why not let Battles Open 20 min ? Maybe only for the Capital-Nation?

• Like 1