Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

17 hours ago, Nixolai said:

unknown.png

Fix RAIDERS

they have over 1k BR in 900 BR port battle... if this was like a 20k BR port battle it would have been +2 Oceans or something

It has been stated, that raiders will fill up all the BR, not overfill the BR.

I even recall the BR limits were changed to account for AI raider Br discrepancy because the "Pavel" fleets were 600 BR over, which was the change from 10,000 to 10,600 BR. Or am I wrong?

obviously a feature that players love and enjoy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nixolai said:

Then how come the danes get Pickles in their NPC PB?

This NPC setup fills the BR to exactly 900 BR, Pickles has 55 crew and the snow with 120+ crew, means i would not have been rageboarded and died that PB.

20200703223257_1.jpg?width=1204&height=677

I wanted to give a different answer but i see you registered in Jan here so you probably dont know how it worked before. 

Raiders have different fleets but they always use the same ship and same traders. 
Raiders for very low level port pick from brig or pickles. Sometimes its brig, sometimes its pickle. Nothing else. 
Same system for other ports. Sometimes its easier sometimes its harder, but in general if you know what you are doing its easy.

These ships and system was tested well last autumn. Those who know how raiders worked and attacked have no issues and know raider sometimes can slightly exceed the BR limit but this difference is never more than 20%. And only happens for lower level ports. For higher level ports this difference is of course smaller (almost never exceed them)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

by that logic - there are ports with literally no investments that haven't been raided yet....

there are loads of ports with no investments or low investments or low or no income. Raiders pick the region at random and then chose one of the ports that they like (its always underdeveloped but its picked by the raider - so it could be not the lowest on the list)

• Like 1

I have to say I fought a lot these raids, but there have never been real AI raids on 900 BR ports before you removed them. The only shallow that was attacked was Nassau. How could we know? Also, you must know there's some difference between a pickle and a brig.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

Does it mean the brig is the new king of the shallows?? 

I don't know about king of the shallows but I've done a little pvp in one a while ago and remember it as ranking on the more fun side of the scale.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

We stated before that NPCs will try to fill 25 ships limit - this limit can exceed BR due to changes in BR over time or because they cant find a lighter ship in this category. 
Brig is the lowest low of the ships in this category. There is literally nothing worse than a brig. There is nothing else to pick as a low rated 6th rate.

Please consider mortar brigs where the BR limit will be exceeded.  Mortar brigs are the worst 6th rate, in my opinion.   It might also make the ai pb more interesting if ai mortar brigs would stop and target forts with their mortars.

Edited by Greysteak
clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greysteak said:

I don't know about king of the shallows but I've done a little pvp in one a while ago and remember it as ranking on the more fun side of the scale.

Brigs and Rattlesnakes (both regular and Navy) are very fun to sail but tough against some of the heavier shallow ships. 6th rate events would be a blast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farrago said:

Brigs and Rattlesnakes (both regular and Navy) are very fun to sail but tough against some of the heavier shallow ships. 6th rate events would be a blast. 

imagine nassau patrol zone limited it to 6th rates. what a time to be alive.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, admin said:

there are loads of ports with no investments or low investments or low or no income. Raiders pick the region at random and then chose one of the ports that they like (its always underdeveloped but its picked by the raider - so it could be not the lowest on the list)

fair point - I just dislike how random it is. I wish there was a better indicator so players could be more prepared instead of scrambling for....PvE content.

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

imagine nassau patrol zone limited it to 6th rates. what a time to be alive.

It should be easily possible to limit Deadman's Cay to ships with BR limit 99.

Nassau is very popular. Let's make no change to something that works!

Hotfix 9th July 2020

• War server - raiders now only attack top 5 nations by the number of ports.
  • Patrol change - Patrols zones now only allow attack by ships within the patrol zone limit. For example 1st rate will no longer be able to attack 5th rates in the 5th rate patrol.
  • Wood distribution
    • Malabar Teak and Greenheart now allow contracts
    • Additional trading source of all new woods added to a secondary cities in counties that had them.
      • For example Rangoon Teak, Greenheart and Malabar Teak woods can now be traded in St Joseph near Bridgetown.
  • Like 5

On 6/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, admin said:

• Wood distribution
    • Additional trading source of all new woods added to a secondary cities in counties that had them.
      • For example Rangoon Teak, Greenheart and Malabar Teak woods can now be traded in St Joseph near Bridgetown.

Thats  -to small a- step but at least in the right direction....

34 minutes ago, Ink said:

Hotfix 9th July 2020

• Patrol change - Patrols zones now only allow attack by ships within the patrol zone limit. For example 1st rate will no longer be able to attack 5th rates in the 5th rate patrol.
  • Wood distribution

As a member of one of those top 5 nations i am getting now twice as much PvE ?

43 minutes ago, Ink said:

Patrol change - Patrols zones now only allow attack by ships within the patrol zone limit. For example 1st rate will no longer be able to attack 5th rates in the 5th rate patrol.

Good thing

43 minutes ago, Ink said:

Wood distribution

That won't much change current situation, just more ports to put contracts
and BTW you could put contracts for Greenheart before.

@Ink  I don’t think that the fact that you can put contact on the wood will change anything before everyone had a chance now only the richest people can buy it if you put it in comparison malabar teak and African teak to have 1000 units you need 3 millions for malabar and let’s say 15’000 u for the african it’s 15 millions...

i really wonder if you think of the casual player... because it seem not really far this system 

Oh, so the minimum buy price for the new logs is now 10k per log.

So any contract below 10k is not filling and you can buy from straight from NPC. 

Awesome, the price for some of these logs were at least somewhat reasonable, staying in the 3k-6k range per log. 

Now, the only thing this those is super inflate the prices widening the gap further between the 1% and the rest of the player base. 

Hell, the 1% already had an advantage when it came to the new woods, so let's make it so they are the only ones that can afford it by making the minimum buy price 10k per log. 

These prices won't hurt rich players, but congratulations on ensuring 99% of the players never have a chance to afford these logs. I mean hell, just the frame parts for a Connie is going to cost you over 6 Million with the new woods. 12 Million if you included the planking and that's if you can buy it at 10k a log, which for a lot of these you can't. Not to mention some of these logs aren't even worth 10k per log. I'm not paying 10k per log for Danzig Oak or Riga Fir as it is simply not worth it, where as before I I could see paying 3k - 5k per since it wasn't in high demand. 

It wasn't like inflation in this game wasn't high already. 

image.thumb.png.6c05bc34308a69707bf851e4c21cfb96.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ink said:

Hotfix 9th July 2020

• Wood distribution

Good news! Thank you very much @Ink

23 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

That's 73 ppl man. Many clans have more than that.

Some of the New Feature Proposals already implemented in game had less votes, yet they have been introduced or at least Devs assessed them.
This one for example:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Devs assessed them

This is the important part.

Devs will assess and decide.

Using a crowbar to force their brain will not work.

That was the intent of the comment. Sorry for not being clear.

Edited by Hethwill

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Using a crowbar to force their brain will not work.

That is how it works in real life. Usually you have to force people to see reality, not their own image of it.

Besides being able to attack the 2 nearest enemies ports--- why not be able to plant a flag on any neutral port anywhere on the map? that would be a fun way to enhance RVR and spread new fronts across the map. Yes i realize it could be fudged up by alts- but maybe give the home country a warning their port is turning neutral?

• Like 2