Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

On 18.06.2020 at 19:23, admin said:

текущая механика там, чтобы провести стресс-тест и найти проблемы. 45 минут - одна из проблем.
в финальной версии будет статичный круг гибели. Его просто нет, чтобы увидеть все возможности.

Сколько уже проходили эти "флаги" ранее ))), но вы к ним вернулись. Флаги больше подходят под рейды. Когда приехал, разрушил, ограбил и унес ноги. И там если пришел на торговом корабле, то на нем будешь "воевать". Либо загружать товар позднее.

А вы, не пробовали привязать флаг к кораблю. Т.е. поставил флаг на торгаше, то идешь на торгаше на ПБ. Правда, есть проблема, будут активно использовать твинков для флагов и уже на нужных кораблях идти на ПБ. Замкнутый круг ))).

Выскажу свое мнение - вы зря вернулись к костыльной механике флагов для ПБ. Надеюсь, вы имеете четкое представление как это должно работать ))), на этот раз.

@admin

Pass the stress test I am presuming and with high hopes that all the non used Conquest chests to be wiped and all unused test flags to be wiped as well.

Just to avoid situation of Conquest chest hoarding, for example. And even Flag hoarding. Before new system even starts. And then render it all a mess because some fellows just amassed them to "loophole" the necessity to go hunt for flags when system is up.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 8

On 6/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, Hethwill said:

@admin

Pass the stress test I am presuming and with high hopes that all the non used Conquest chests to be wiped and all unused test flags to be wiped as well.

Just to avoid situation of Conquest chest hoarding, for example. And even Flag hoarding. Before new system even starts. And then render it all a mess because some fellows just amassed them to "loophole" the necessity to go hunt for flags when system is up.

No.... cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Buster (poor man's Mark Anthony)

On 6/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, admin said:

please propose improvements if you still see useless woods. We really want every type of wood to be useful for something - at least in some situations.

To be honest I don't like the new woods - I don't know whom decided to add this who asked for it. I don't know if everyone shares the same opinion but we had statistic that we knew and combinations that we all like.

fir - good for speed but fragile as hell
teak - was good in speed - not as thick, not as much hp but good speed and agile
white oak - lost in speed and agility but fare more hp
cag - lost even more in speed and agility but pretty strong in terms oh hp / thickness

live oak - very slow but best thickness and best hp

This was linear and the curve was balanced in my opinion.  I know that you guys are adding new woods to make more diversity and so players don't get bored right. But
psychologically speaking - less choice makes people more happy.  Just watch this study and you'll understand yourself:

Before it was good - maybe not perfect right for all players and nothing will be But keep in mind that having a lot of choices doesn't make the players happy. You want to keep the new woods devs? Well I guess You might lose some of us on that one. Maybe not all. Your goal is to satisfy and create balance? I don't think adding more choices will do the trick. Adding new woods with alot of different stats is harder to balance and harder to satisfy the players.

If you want to satisfy players add diversity in gameplay and not shipbuilding as it. new missions? mission with woods chests? group mission with wood chests? mix fleets? (so an admiral can fight with a captain), Improve your UI? better loot system ? rare ships? more events? fixing furstrating shallows in front of the port so it's easy to go in?

I don't really undestand you sometimes. You have simplified the shipbuidling by deleting crafting provisions/barels/ballast etc. The old ones knows the days when crafting ships acctually felt like I was building a ship and not just putting some mats in a cauldron to make a ship. But now You are over-complicating things with the new woods and a lot of us are losing our minds of this change because before it was so simple.

Want the best for speed and agile with some good hp/ thickness -> use teak - a bit resistant

Want the best for HP ? use white oak - resistant / a bit of a loss in speed

Want to be tanky ? use live oak - high loss in speed

This is not really a suggestion of improvements for the new woods but more of a "we were more satisfied and happier without them"

Anyways I hope you are doing all the best you can make your players happy and if you are doing testing - please do it on a seperate server so our main account isn't affected and money/time isn't lost.

Kind regards,

Paulo de Antigua

• Like 4

On 6/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, admin said:

PVP Hunters are encouraged to sink conquest flag carriers and generally interfere with flag placement. We might give something mildly interesting to those who sink the most.

2 players fulfilled the request

z4ys- Sank most flag carriers
njordhir - Sank most flag carriers
All other participants had less kills than these 2 players.

Fort commanders also participated
Cabo Rojo Tower 1 - 3 kills

Battlezone also helped to test
Battle zone - 2 kills 

Rewards will be sent into redeems for these players tomorrow.
Fort commander and battle zone declined the request to contact them.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, admin said:

2 players fulfilled the request

z4ys- Sank most flag carriers
njordhir - Sank most flag carriers
All other participants had less kills than these 2 players.

Fort commanders also participated
Cabo Rojo Tower 1 - 3 kills

Battlezone also helped to test
Battle zone - 2 kills 

Rewards will be sent into redeems for these players tomorrow.
Fort commander and battle zone declined the request to contact them.

Any reward for whoever ( 🙄 ) tested the most conquest flags? 

(300+ flags successfully planted, didn't get sunk once)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Any reward for whoever ( 🙄 ) tested the most conquest flags? 

(300+ flags successfully planted, didn't get sunk once)

100 admiralty chest/ wooden chest should be enough. 

30 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

But the question remains, why should the admin reward those actively using alts to gain an unfair advantage over others?

To promote sales 😂

Edited by Serk

14 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

But the question remains, why should the admin reward those actively using alts to gain an unfair advantage over others?

the chest was buyed, and any kind of advantage when he need hours and hours for make that.

13 hours ago, Never said:

So abusing a testing phase to get in game richer is worthy of rewards now? But I'm sure his interest was in helping to test as much as possible. 

where is the abuse? he buy most of chest and he spend time and time making the missions.

and btw, all player have the rigth to spend his money in whatever they want, if some guys are happy in this game and have 5-10 or 100 alts is their bussiness

Edited by Despe
  • Like 2