Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 35 - 11 September

admin

Captains.. 

Small patch has been deployed today 11th September 2019

Main changes

• All ships (with the exception of imported ships) will be allowed to capture by the Admiralty on the War server.
  • Oak, Fir, Mahogany, Sabicu planking has been allowed for NPC captured ships
  • NPC captured ships will have from 1 to 4 upgrade slots (compared to previous 3). 
  • Increased the probability to get a better ship from the admiralty notes and for premium ships
    • crafted ships still have a 3x higher probability to get a better ship
  • Added the following ships to NPC fleets compositions
    • Niagara, Rattlesnake, Pirate Frigate, Trincomalee
  • Removed the following ships from NPC fleets 
    • Bellona, Santisima Trinidad

Other changes

• Fire shock bug fixed - it is now correctly showing when ship is in fire shock, and is not showing when ship is not in fire shock.
  • Increased the amount of people required to fight the fire from 6 to 15 per square meter of fire
  • Increased the size of the fire that causes ship to go into fire shock.
  • Speed for all ships of the line with the exception of bellona, christian and santisima (rare lineships) slightly reduced

• Like 41

So if this is correct AI 1st rates can now be captured by players...but will be drastically inferior to crafted ships?

If the goal is to increase port battles wouldn’t it make more sense to lower the permit and crafting costs of lineships instead?  No one will bring captured ships into a battle vs crafted ones.  If you want to put more fans in the seats you need to lower the price of admission into RVR.

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains.. 

Small patch will be deployed tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (11 or 12th September)

• All ships (with the exception of imported ships) will be allowed to capture by the Admiralty on the War server.
  • Oak, Fir, Mahogany, Sabicu planking has been allowed for NPC captured ships
  • NPC captured ships will have from 1 to 3 upgrade slots (compared to previous 3). 
  • Ships created from dropped notes from chests and imported ships will have slightly higher chance to get additional upgrade slots than before (crafted ships will still have 3x higher probability)

Goals. Promote more pvp, more port battles and give more options to players and reduce imbalance for nations. Crafted ships (especially with port bonuses) are still better, but captains will no longer will be locked by convoluted rules. You can capture what you see (except for premium imported ships)

If I could, I would give you a hug and pound you on the back!

manhug.jpg

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

I think this is a wonderful change!

Although I feel it isn't fixing the underlining problem for me - which is BR on ports is just too high.

I can imagine a fleet commander in a battle finding out that half his fleet is just captured ships when they wanted a full fleet of crafted ships...

Again though, this is a good change, just not the one I want...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Although I feel it isn't fixing the underlining problem for me - which is BR on ports is just too high.

br updates will be delivered with main "treacherous waters patch" they cant be deployed faster

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

How do you expect ppl sailing in inferior ship,  will lose there fear of losing there crafting port, if they take part in a screening, and the zerg get mad about it?

I hope I am wrong, only time will show. But for me it dosent get me back in RvR.  But do hope lot of ppl feel different than me.

I just stick to a hour of OW PvP now and the tradeing once a week.

Fair wind to all.

This is exactly what they expect.  Fodder for crafted and well organized fleets that look good on streams.  This won't actually help RVR in the long game, but it'll make for some good forum screenshots for a little while.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I agree this is a good solution for throwaway ships to level up and open slots in, but people would be crazy to take them into port battles and if they did majority of the PB leaders would not want to take charge of such a fleet.

Fleet of them as fireships could be nasty though.