Game-Labs Forum

Why Naval action is dying

gimli_balinson

s1. The game lacks players because it's not working (not the other way round).

2. the game is not working because it's boring, too time demanding and impossible to enjoy by a casual player.

3. the game is boring and too time demanding because it is too grindy and monotone.

4. the game is grindy, monotone and not casual player friendly because Game Labs shifted the monetization model to DLCs and has no resources to dedicate to the game (due to the development of other projects).

5. due to 4 nothing will actually change.

6. the population will slowly fade as it always happened in the past after big patches.

7. the game will survive only until (and if) die hard veterans will go on in purchasing alts or DLCs.

8. Also die hard veterans (except Redii, Reverse, Heathwill and Vernon Merril) will get bored some day.

9. Since four players cannot spend in DLCs the sum that is required to keep up the servers, the future is uncertain.

Edited by toblerone
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tenet said:

How many are actually in Russia? Did you look at the number reports before complaining?

Why the hell would I look at the numbers? RvR because of Russia is not fun and because of this people don't engage in it as they did. I don't have to check numbers, I only need to listen to people and leaders from all the nations, which I do.

Of course, you're free to have your own theory. I'm sure on global server clans which killed the game also had  theories supporting their actions, up until the end.

24 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

There is some truth in this post. 

Main problem of NA is that PvP and RvR are luxury entertainments which have to be paid by spending hours and hours of super boring grinding, trade runs or PvE missions. To fullfill a  PvP line ship mission you have to sink 10 line ships. To do it with PvP or RvR you need a kill death ratio of 10:1 only to get the combat medals back you invested in your Ocean with a navy structure upgrade. To fullfil a PvP frigate mission you need a kill death ratio of 5:1 to get back the combat medals you invested in two navy hull upgrades for your frigate. Only if you have luck and the battle allows it, you might be able to loot the doublons you need additionally to built line ships.

After you have fullfilled your PvP mission under highest risks for your ships you get rewarded with an admirality or a captains chest. There you can find a permit of a great ship, which turns out in 70% of cases being a new Niagara or Rattlesnake. Guess how many of them one can find In REDS clan warehouse only. As book you get the twentieth fencing master or the sixth water book. The urgently needed Expert Carpentry handbook for a new Master Carpenter you risked in your battles or the art of steering the rudder you might find in one of 20 admirality chests.

So already players with an average kill death ratio of 3:1 are ways too bad to do RvR or PvP only. They are forced to do cargo missions for all the reals and doublons they need to pay for the ships they lose too often. Or they have to gank trader brigs who do those cargo missions to get enough gold chests and CMs to replace their losses. They also can do group kill missions and sail one hour in line with their mates to kill AI after AI by focusing since their fire power is ways to strong now for a nice brawl which could cause at least a little bit of fun. Or those bad 3:1 players search for AI fleets to get their upgrades, CMs and doublons. That generates at least some fun, but is paid by the risk of getting ganked by enemies since they have to sail into enemy waters to find them.

Not to be missunderstood. I would love a game with a good trade mechanic. I liked doing PvE missions before AI firepower became so strong. But the way they are implemented in the game right now they are not entertainment but punishment for all those who wanna play the fun part of the game.

Russia? Russia has nothing to do with that. Russia suffers in the same way that its most experienced players don't play anymore or do the minimum needed to wait for a better future. And at least in my case this minimum gets less and less and less. Since I like the teamplay most. But my team is gone ...

Exactly the reason why I left. There is so much to do befor you can have real fun! Guys like me play this game as a casual player (1-2 hours a day, if not less, mostly after dinner).. since I have  a new job that requires 60 hours  a week ... good luck with endless grinding ships and finding those beloved super OP upgrades..

NA was way funnier to play, a few years ago.  Since the complexity it has killed the playerbase.  But hé, its just a game but not for a casual player ;)

o7

• Like 1

I stopped playing because of the massive Imbalance of the nations. As some people already said, smaller nations cant do anything in RvR without the will of a superpower. So, without a balance in nations, the RvR will never wake up again. The Question is: How to balance nations? With the current mechanic I see no way. The Nation Switch DLC makes it impossible to switch a big clan without splitting it and loosing players with that. On the other side: Why are the smaller nations don't group up against the superpower? Because the lack of of an well designed ally system, wich is supporting that. That is the most important thing to fix in my point of view. 

@admin already stated in several posts they tried to improve RvR, but always failed. And with that I come to my second point why I stopped playing this game: The devs looks like they have no idea what to do, to fix the problems above and gave up. But for me, the RvR gameplay is the core of content creation all over the carribean. 

Of course there are other things, like the massive grind wich need to be addressed, but without a healty RvR, there is not enough content, and without content there are no players and without players we have the situation like Graf wrote: "I like the teamplay most. But my team is gone …"

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 3

I must agree with GreedyGriffin 
Most of the time Im able to play only at weekends like 1 day or something and most of the time I have to spend all my time afk sailing around with trading missons to get the gold, mats to start crafting ships. Its a bit boring in that way. But... but... its not that hard and complicated to get all mats needed to craft or to buy ships and have pvp/pve fun on daily basis. Few days of saling like that and you probably will be ready to build all buildings and starting to craft ships.

Find a clan - find a good teamates and you are ready to roll.
1 delivery mission is enough to buy 6-5th rate (or to craft one) , more over you can just have 1 properly fitted ship and just cap 5 rates and then you can go to PZ (patrol zone, get 3-6 medals, sell it for 100k+ each and buy 3-4 rate). But yes, NPC grinding or/and trading non stop is boring.
Im really miss that Trafalgar battle when the online was super bad (like 400 ppls or something) and once a day at evening time we had that huge battle. You dont need to sail anywhere, just jumping and shot everything. was pretty fan. but now we have PZ. Its a bit complicated but still possible to find teammates to fight with in a group.

Now - when there is noone in the game to play with - im mostly crafting/doing trading/missons and when the clan comes up - we are trying to do some PvP/RvR. Good clan in the right time zone could do the trick. 

About OP post - well. Russia is suffering from having too much resources and no where to spend them. They want some actions. They even fake attacked polish to make France and Swiden show up and fight. But no one did that. There was tons of ppls crying that they dont have ships to fight... and days after attaked pirates (???)
about 
> russia could bring 3-4 ready for BR fleet.
Mb thats a true, but only 1 fleet could join PB. Get the fleet ready and fight. You got tagged on your way to PB - you was looking for a fight and you get it. Whats the problem with that? With a new mechanic about BR - this should not be an issue.

• Like 1

Because developers want the game to die! 

They do not have a vision for this game. 

Most importantly they do not know about their own game. They do not know how their game plays. 

It is very obvious this game can be 10 times better with some small fixes and improvements. They are still working on the game, but consuming their energy on the unneeded stuff, they do not want to solve real problems. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, vazco said:

Why the hell would I look at the numbers? RvR because of Russia is not fun and because of this people don't engage in it as they did. I don't have to check numbers, I only need to listen to people and leaders from all the nations, which I do.

Of course, you're free to have your own theory. I'm sure on global server clans which killed the game also had  theories supporting their actions, up until the end.

How do you know that the other "people and leaders" are not just as confused? Did THEY conduct the research, or did they also hearsay it from "people and leaders"? Your claims aren't theories - theories require facts. All you have is a hypothesis based on rumors - garbage in, garbage out. 

the game has gotten 5000 new accounts since release, yet only 1300 or something is left during prime time (counting both servers).

also the less players they have active and circling around from new to finished player the more profit the devs make, since you pay the full price for the game and have bought it for probably the same price as a player that has 3 hours played vs 1000 hours

TLDR; less time played for each account = the more profit they make from that customer

30 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I want to WIN !

Game is not working !

ruskileaderbordski.jpg

1016, and approx. 25% of that number is active. This is quite the numbers still.

I don't blame Russia. Russian players are just bored to death. And this is probably why they engage in e.v.e.r.y. port battle there is.

So in short, Russia die of boredom, we, the rest, die from russian boredom. But it's cool, there's other games to play.

PS. When I grew up we banned WTJ.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I want to WIN !

Game is not working !

I'd say people are saying more something like "I want to have FUN. Game is not working"

Besides that, mind that, if too many player think the game is not working (whatever the reason may be), the game will die.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wyy said:

nice attitude from a moderator +1

National News my good chap. Plus yes, player first and moderator second, and as a player I want to WIN :) all the time. And yes, as i don't WIN all the time game is not working proper :( ...

1 hour ago, Rigge1988 said:

ruskileaderbordski.jpg

1016, and approx. 25% of that number is active. This is quite the numbers still.

I don't blame Russia. Russian players are just bored to death. And this is probably why they engage in e.v.e.r.y. port battle there is.

So in short, Russia die of boredom, we, the rest, die from russian boredom. But it's cool, there's other games to play.

PS. When I grew up we banned WTJ.

Yep.

They congregated a massive amount of players.

That's clanwars sandbox.

Clans will do whatever they feel like, no matter "alliances".

Your clan will attack some clan port. What stops a clan from whatever other nation to appear there and find fights !? Nothing.

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Yep.

That's clanwars sandbox.

Clans will do whatever they feel like, no matter "alliances".

Your clan will attack some clan port. What stops a clan from whatever other nation to appear there and find fights !? Nothing.

besides its not clan wars, if it were a clan wars game as you say, reds and BF would be able to attack each other and there wouldnt be any nation barrier, but this is something you clearly cant understand, if you want to i can explain how the mechanics work :) 

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, LegoLarry said:

So when you moving to Russia? ;)

I'm good with the clan i am with. Don't care about nations. Ceased to be about nations when clanwars were announced.

I thought that's what majority wanted. Clan controlled ports and clan vs clan wars ( with other clans jumping into the pot of rvr on one side and the other ).

7 minutes ago, Wyy said:

besides its not clan wars, if it were a clan wars game as you say, reds and BF would be able to attack each other and there wouldnt be any nation barrier, but this is something you clearly cant understand, if you want to i can explain how the mechanics work :) 

Nah all good. Who says RED and BF want to fight ? Maybe they don't.

But who stops Clan A from attacking Clan B ? Oh yes, no WIN. Big bad CLAN will come and take it away from us :( 

So...eff it. No content for me ? No content for you ! Game dying bla bla bla

22 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

That's clanwars sandbox.

8 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Nah all good. Who says RED and BF want to fight ? Maybe they don't.

But who stops Clan A from attacking Clan B ? Oh yes, no WIN. Big bad CLAN will come and take it away from us :( 

So...eff it. No content for me ? No content for you ! Game dying bla bla bla

None have said that BF and REDS wants to fight.

Im just stating the facts that you say its a clanwars sandbox, admin wants it to be a clanwars sandbox, however its a nation barrier that wont let clans attack each other. You're not being able to acknowledge something wrong here is your own problem, and thats why we have the BL4CK vs VCO situation right now. VCO keeping the pirates hostage by having PDP open so they can dock up with their russian clan and hunt from there, while BL4CK wants to stop it and the only way to do it is to simply abuse a broken mechanic that now VCO complain about.

Also since this ISNT a clanwars game this game needs some kind of alliance system to balance out the population difference between nations

7 hours ago, PYR said:

With a true alliance system, you could see a mixed Danish/sweedish/french (for example) fleet go in the gulf challenge the Russian domination…. without an alliance system, it is very difficult to recapture ports that they have been lost in their own territory…. so sending national fleets into the gulf is simply impossible …. 

With an alliance system we would have a russian-dutch-english power block that's waiting for the other nation player to unite and deliver content... wait, there wouldn't be any other player ... 🤔

The old alliance system also created a stalemate, i really doubt there could be another result

• Like 1

We don't need clan wars. We need some more content and a system that slows expansion of nations down.

A small nation should be able to fight larger nation in a way it hurts.

Therefore I suggest that ports require weekly supplies of certain goods, no money, but goods. Those have to be hauled from somewhere and these transports can be raided. Big nations will have a big issue to supply their ports, small nations a smaller one.

If a port is nor supplied properly, first the port facilities will be destroyed, one each month without supply, and finally the port turns neutral.

The important thing is it must be goods, that can be capped on the high seas, not money.

A good example for this is Sid Meiers Pirates.

Even AI traders can become importent, when they supply some base for the upkeep, which has to come from players if AI is sunk.