Game-Labs Forum

Large Content Update: Patch 35 - Massive Paint Drop

admin

7 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Not sure if "performance" is the right word for admin to use.  If a watch can tell time then I don't think it's much tocode a timer in game, and keep it running with little to no trouble. for @Baptiste Gallouédec, maintenance already falls on a prejudice time depending where you live, a flat 24hr timer is the superior choice if for being un-bias and fair.

No, timers are difficult, because you'd have to run them on the server (people logging out etc). With a fixed time the client can check if that time has been reached.

36 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

What i meant was that if one day i redeem a paint late at night,  the next day, if i don't decide to play that late, this mean i will not be able to redeem a paint until my next gaming session, while a maintenance reset would mean a paint redeemable for each daily session.

this happened to me recently, i was online 4 am on sunday and redeemed a paint so i "missed" my redeemable paint night to monday because i couldnt login untill 5pm on monday evening, which ment i missed the sunday to monday redeemable.

That it resets every maintenance would be best for all

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

why a 24 hour timer tho, why not a 3hour timer

Put yourself in Game Labs position and think about it from their perspective. 

If I was GL I would have sold x amount of paints per DLC, not a flatrate. Now think about why they chose that path. 

Missions Changed again it seams that we will get no longer Gold-Chest for Hunt-Missions. So reward for Hunt is now Combat-Medals and what a freaking Mission Chest.

I think that are Important Informations if you change rewards for Missions, Kill-Missions only provides some dubs now, Hunt gives CM and Mission-Chest, Search and Destroy gives CM, Mission-Chest and Gold-Chest and Group Kill provides Dubs, Mission-Chest and Silver Chest.

Okay it takes more time to get a amount of specific Ships together thats fine, but nerfing the Hunt-Missions down from Mission/Gold-Chests to Mission-Chests feels a bit over. It looks like you are putting it again from one side to the other.

So please dont change such thinks in silence.

Best regards.

16 minutes ago, Rusty Cannon said:

Missions Changed again it seams that we will get no longer Gold-Chest for Hunt-Missions. So reward for Hunt is now Combat-Medals and what a freaking Mission Chest.

I think that are Important Informations if you change rewards for Missions, Kill-Missions only provides some dubs now, Hunt gives CM and Mission-Chest, Search and Destroy gives CM, Mission-Chest and Gold-Chest and Group Kill provides Dubs, Mission-Chest and Silver Chest.

Okay it takes more time to get a amount of specific Ships together thats fine, but nerfing the Hunt-Missions down from Mission/Gold-Chests to Mission-Chests feels a bit over. It looks like you are putting it again from one side to the other.

So please dont change such thinks in silence.

Best regards.

Didn't someone say this last week but then realised it was actually not the case.  Its just that not all hunt missions have gold chests as a reward?  You have to wait for the right one?

Or if they actually gave us patch notes like 99% of games out there, there would be no question what was changed or not. I "Love" that NPC with all perks got ninja'd in. Not that the fact that they have those perks on top of all their other immersion breaking cheats bothers me as much as they don't even have the integrity to say what they are changing.

Patch notes would certainly be welcome, as would better communication of any changes to the game more generally, especially since it is now post-release.

There is something strange going on with Hunt quests.  I noticed yesterday and today that early on - soon after the server reboot - the Hunt missions offer Gold chests.  However, going back to the same ports for the same missions later in the day, and they're now only Mission chests.  That's very odd behaviour; it suggests that maybe the Gold chests are limited to a certain number per day or something like that.  Search and Destroy doesn't seem to be affected, or else fewer people are completing those (which makes sense).

Regardless, some official info about this would be helpful.  It takes a lot of real time sailing around different ports trying to find the right quest offering Gold chests and I'd like to know that I wasn't wasting that time.

While I'm moaning about Gold chests, some of the permit drop probabilities seem to have become absurd.  In the last 50 Gold chests, I have had precisely zero Santisima, zero Bellona and zero Endymion permits.  FIFTY chests = 500+ kills, and I don't get a single one of ANY of those three rare permits?  That's just ridiculous.  I've managed to build several complete Gunnery Encyclopedias in that time!

Edited by Karvala

On 8/16/2019 at 7:26 PM, Karvala said:

Patch notes would certainly be welcome, as would better communication of any changes to the game more generally, especially since it is now post-release...

Dream on.  History repeats itself.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, Francois Thurot said:

balls are cool

Mine are sweaty.  Let's paint them too.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:26 PM, Karvala said:

Patch notes would certainly be welcome, as would better communication of any changes to the game more generally, especially since it is now post-release.

There is something strange going on with Hunt quests.  I noticed yesterday and today that early on - soon after the server reboot - the Hunt missions offer Gold chests.  However, going back to the same ports for the same missions later in the day, and they're now only Mission chests.  That's very odd behaviour; it suggests that maybe the Gold chests are limited to a certain number per day or something like that.  Search and Destroy doesn't seem to be affected, or else fewer people are completing those (which makes sense).

Regardless, some official info about this would be helpful.  It takes a lot of real time sailing around different ports trying to find the right quest offering Gold chests and I'd like to know that I wasn't wasting that time.

While I'm moaning about Gold chests, some of the permit drop probabilities seem to have become absurd.  In the last 50 Gold chests, I have had precisely zero Santisima, zero Bellona and zero Endymion permits.  FIFTY chests = 500+ kills, and I don't get a single one of ANY of those three rare permits?  That's just ridiculous.  I've managed to build several complete Gunnery Encyclopedias in that time!

You know what missions always give good chests and never make you cycle through them to find the one you need? PvP.