Game-Labs Forum

Patch 32: Elite NPC Admirals, New Ranks and other changes

admin

4 hours ago, Hawkwood said:
On 5/29/2019 at 3:09 PM, Tom Farseer said:

Good grief... for someone who has maybe seen the inside of half a dozen PBs you sure are opinionated about them....
Let me paint a clearer picture for you:

1. Before the BR limit increase you could freely interchange 3rd rates, Bellonas, Christians and Bucentaurs to suit your needs and the player numbers you had at your disposal. That was because their BR differences nowadays actually make sense with regard to their effectiveness in battle.
    For example you could say let's change one Buc to a christian to get in one more Herc for flexibility.
    Or exchange five Bellonas (2kBR) for two Bucs and Christian (=2k BR) because we don't have enough people to fill the spots.
    You could choose between lighter fleets with higher numbers and overall more tactical flexibility or take heavy setups and brawl it out.
    When every PB Fleet has to be 25 Oceans that is impossible.
  2. Before the BR increase a small elite clan could defend a port with 7 or 8 good payers. With 25 Ocean monofleets that is gone. Either go zerg or go home.

I see you writing only about defending, and it perfectly suits your theory. You should maybe consider that, because you were in probably 5000 port battles.

My theory, as you call it, is in fact not theory but knowledge gathered in practise. How much pratise is really hard to estimate, to be honest but I'd say somewhere between 70 and 100 PBs may be realistic.  But let me adapt my abovementioned statements.

1. Everything stated above behind this numeral goes for attackers as well as defenders.
  2.  Before the BR increase a small elite clan could attack or defend a port with 7 or 8 good payers. With 25 Ocean monofleets that is gone. Either go zerg or go home.

There.. happy?

17 hours ago, Teutonic said:

The Congreve cannons are, in almost all situations, "slightly worse mediums." the lower reload and the lower damage pretty much just equate to nearly the same damage per second as normal mediums.

What is supposed to be the "perk" of Congreve type?

lower reload means lower time to reload

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, admin said:

lower reload means lower time to reload

I completely understand that. I just look at the lower damage as well and in the end the congreve's have almost the same damage per second as normal mediums. only their accuracy is "better" when you put them side by side.

9pd congreves to 9pd mediums for example:

Medium - 65 dmg - 40 sec reload = 1.625 dmg/sec
Congreve - 59 dmg - 36 sec reload = 1.6388 dmg/sec

12pd comparison

Medium - 79 dmg - 45 sec reload = 1.755 dmg/sec
Congreve - 71 dmg - 41 sec reload = 1.732 dmg/sec

18pd comparison

Medium - 104 dmg - 53 sec reload = 1.962 dmg/sec
Congreve - 94 dmg - 48 sec reload = 1.958 dmg/sec

Overall - statwise they aren't "better" then normal mediums. They are just more of the same or very slightly worse in some cases.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not finding a reason to use Congreve's over normal medium cannons. even putting on mods/port bonuses/books - They are still nearly identical. 

My worry is that Congreve's don't have any meaningful difference and they won't be used. Obrusiers may have lower damage, but they have increased crew damage, which is a meaningful decision for a player who may value that more. Navy and Blomfield are just straight up better than Longs and will be highly sought after.

My current conclusions is that I'd do 2 things with Congreves - Sell them to a player and laugh because they don't seem to understand that they are worse than normal mediums....or I'd destroy them since they take up inventory space.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What part of example you didn’t get.  He wasn’t stating exact numbers for that ship.  It’s a buff not a nerf.  Also should wait for the patch before you complain that it’s a nerf.  Should be the hotfix today though

The changes were already live and my numbers were based upon the experience i had last night, not what was written by the Admin.  I consistently hit 5th rate fleets of 3 so i know what the approximate xp I should be getting out of it, so when I tested it last night it was considerably lower, meaning they had deployed that 'hotfix" you were referring to.  

Put simply, they nerfed the xp from smaller ships way more than I think they needed to.  i get buffing xp for higher ships, but if doesnt have to be so aggressive going down.  They have already modeled that balance into the differenct in XP you need to get to the next level.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, Hawkwood said:

Dude, with all due respect, you don´t get it. There is no point in lowering the port BRs, simply because there will be no diversity in it. You will always have a quasi mono PB fleet, no matter how low or high BR is. If some day Prussia decides to take Nassau, i am looking forward to see a fleet of navy brigs, snows, rattles and mercs bravely attacking a wall of russian surps. In the name of "diversity"....

Or are you talking about defending? Works the same way. Savy now?

Here are your mirrored port battle fleets we had in port battles before this BR rework, these are just the few i've found and i know there are many more, since i know we lost some that i couldnt find atm. And these are screen shots from august (when  the br rework started) to approx december. And these are pictures of both attacking and defending ports.

My only comment to this is that the bucentaure was meta at the time because it was 10 more BR then the Bellona, but with todays BR rework those bucentaures would probably be bellonas or 3rd rates with some 2nd or 1st mixed in between them

So please.. convince me that there wont be diversity in port battle fleets with the old Port BR

https://imgur.com/gallery/TpYSdd9

Edited by Guest

I attacked and sunk today a wasa elite ship and all fleetships.  There was no elite note in the hold.  It is normal that not every elite ship has the note in hold?

7 hours ago, PaladinFX said:

Damn they took away F11 coords; now we have to waste a perk on Sextant. That kinda sucks.

Its a good decision. You can always triangulate from trade tool on the OW , and no f11 means that when you are in battle no more calling for help with exact coordinates.

Edited by Jan Bellaq
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jan Bellaq said:

Its a good decision. You can always triangulate from trade tool on the OW , and no f11 means that when you are in battle no more calling for help with exact coordinates.

You do realize that they said they will be removing the trader tool too.

1) Until now the f11 coordinates were the only way to do long distance trading on PvE server and still find your ports in rain and storm when sailing with 3 ships in fleet.

Their removal was the removal of a usefull game feature...

You should at least have compensated for that by making the sextant perk free, since sailing with sextant perk reduces fleet by 1 ship.

2) an other great flaw of the elite note system: While on PvP server all ships crafteable can have port bonuses, on PvE server Endymion or Trinco eg (crafteable, but no ai ship) will not be available as elite. Also, my question still remains: why do elite ships from notes never come with crew bonus ??

Suggestion: make elite notes class random ( a elite 5th rate can randomly drop any crafteable 5th rate elite note) and include crew bonus, so we on PvE server get the same as PvP.

In the long run: make port bonuses on PvE crafter based as further extension of the shipyard 1,2,3 upgrade line.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

How na-map can still help finding and sharing your position although the game will not show F11 coordinates anymore

Thanks, complicated and less precise, but a workaround for something the game should have  in itself. Method 2 will stop working when trader tool is removed .

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

In the long run: make port bonuses crafter based as further extension of the shipyard 1,2,3 upgrade line.

Supported.

And refits for existing (well, after crap release wipe to-be-existing) gold and purple crafted ships, who lose their quality substance opposite converted elite ships if not refittable with similar port boni. Crafting ships becomes meaningless without their adaptation to the new port boni system (all talking done here about PvE server particularities).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

after crap release wipe 

it's not a crap wipe, its a political (well, thats the same as crap...) wipe.

It makes no sense at all to wipe PvE server, you and I will (with the help of the PvE community) sail a decent capped or crafted sol within 2 weeks again,

but it will get less "oh no, we lose all and pve looses nothing.." whines.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

but it will get less "oh no, we lose all and pve looses nothing.." whines.

in absence of a decent argument by devs of why suddenly the 'tranquility' of our server had to be disturbed by killing our ships, I have to suspect into the same direction. Envy of the PvP toxic faction towards us. So the "now carebears lose their ships, hehehe" satisfaction serves as compromise to us still keeping rank, knowledge, opened slots. But what a disappointment in our developers!

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:08 AM, admin said:

Captains

Patch 32 will be deployed today. Monday 20th May.

Fixes

•  
  • Fixed crashes of client on exiting the game from port
  •  

Admin, this is not fixed.  It continues to happen for me.

14 hours ago, Routan said:

Trust me no PvP player Think so. 

We might like you forced moved to the war server. But even that is the fewest on war server that think so.

No this is all admins work. 

You mean that fantastic idea of the pve safe zone inside the pvp server, ah, good times indeed.

Well it's surely important they wipe everything but rank and knowledge, so, given crafting is completely dead, people don't even waste time with it, or gathering money, when what we need is just capping elite ship notes. And literally nothing else

• Like 1

Yesterday, in front of KPR I sent a full broadside from my 32 pounds carronades (Belle Poule) into an Agamemnon (90°, aimed in sides, from 150 metres). None penetrated. Probably port bonuses and Carta and so on stacked. 

The question is, if fifths rates cannot deal with fourth anymore, what is their place in battle? 

Do we need Monitor and Merrimack in game?

8 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

The question is, if fifths rates cannot deal with fourth anymore, what is their place in battle? 

I had the same question but it got since unanswered ... I guess there simply is no reasonable answer to this.

• Like 1