Game-Labs Forum

Patch 32: Elite NPC Admirals, New Ranks and other changes

admin

26 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

Dude, with all due respect, you don´t get it. There is no point in lowering the port BRs, simply because there will be no diversity in it. You will always have a quasi mono PB fleet, no matter how low or high BR is. If some day Prussia decides to take Nassau, i am looking forward to see a fleet of navy brigs, snows, rattles and mercs bravely attacking a wall of russian surps. In the name of "diversity"....

Or are you talking about defending? Works the same way. Savy now?

Please.. the reason it was full bucentaure fleet over 3rd rate and bellonas was because the BR on the 3rd rates was beyond insane, the 2nd rates should be right below HMS Victory, while there should be a gap between the 3 deck sols vs 2 deck sols. If there would be a gap on 2-300 br like we have today with the mix will be even better.

35 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

Lol..That is the whole point omg......Lower the BR, the others will adjust. Increase the BR, the others will adjust. PLAYERS CHOOSE THE SHIPS WITH HIGHEST HP AND MOST FIREPOWER for PBs, ADJUSTING THE FLEET TO BR, not the other way around, and not because of some "diversity".. You don´t get it either :)

Good grief... for someone who has maybe seen the inside of half a dozen PBs you sure are opinionated about them....
Let me paint a clearer picture for you:

1. Before the BR limit increase you could freely interchange 3rd rates, Bellonas, Christians and Bucentaurs to suit your needs and the player numbers you had at your disposal. That was because their BR differences nowadays actually make sense with regard to their effectiveness in battle.
    For example you could say let's change one Buc to a christian to get in one more Herc for flexibility.
    Or exchange five Bellonas (2kBR) for two Bucs and Christian (=2k BR) because we don't have enough people to fill the spots.
    You could choose between lighter fleets with higher numbers and overall more tactical flexibility or take heavy setups and brawl it out.
    When every PB Fleet has to be 25 Oceans that is impossible.
  2. Before the BR increase a small elite clan could defend a port with 7 or 8 good payers. With 25 Ocean monofleets that is gone. Either go zerg or go home.
Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 8

36 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

Lol..That is the whole point omg......Lower the BR, the others will adjust. Increase the BR, the others will adjust. PLAYERS CHOOSE THE SHIPS WITH HIGHEST HP AND MOST FIREPOWER for PBs, ADJUSTING THE FLEET TO BR, not the other way around, and not because of some "diversity".. You don´t get it either :)

wrong! people have different ship knowledge's and outfitted ships to port battle. I would rather bring 2 players in gold bellonas full ship knowledge instead of a player in a blue l'ocean with 1 ship knowledge

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, admin said:

Next hotfix plan

additional stabilization
finalization of rank threshholds
upgrade final balance
port bonuses changes
port points distribution changes
acceleration changes and additional improvements of ship overall balance

Are you planning to change the BR limits for ports?

Let clans choose the BR for ports, everyone happy then.

• Like 5

When will PvE Players get to test / experience Port Investments/Upgrades?

@Admin you said that we should not give up. There are simple solutions to your concerns, please pick one and implement before release!

9 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I get an 'O' sign in OW screen claiming my ship is overloaded which isn't true. Speed is unaffected. Guess the old weight of notes is still triggering 'O' for overload while we have actually reduced weight.

Happens when you "sort" somehow the addition goes wrong. Split a stack again and the "O" vanishes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Lower BR leads to more variation. More variation is better plain and simple.

What we used to have was infinitely better then now. The limits just needed to be adjusted slightly.

I'm going to suggest this one more time. Port battles should have 2 BR numbers. The first BR number goes toward the number of 3rd rate and lower ships allowed in the port battle. The second BR number goes toward the number of 1st and 2nd rates allowed.

BR numbers for 1st and 2nd rates should be no higher than to allow, at the most, a combination of four to five 1st/2nd rates. 

BR numbers for 3rd rates and below would constitute the largest number of ships in the port battle.

Guaranteed ship diversity.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I get an 'O' sign in OW screen claiming my ship is overloaded which isn't true. Speed is unaffected. Guess the old weight of notes is still triggering 'O' for overload while we have actually reduced weight.

The problem will be hotfixed tomorrow

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quiet Assassin said:

These new port bonus ships are too strong. The top-level capabilities turn them into super-ships that are so unrealistic that it turns the game into a battle between the "haves" & the "have-not's". Skill of the captain is far less important. Money is now the ultimate determiner.

Not sour grapes, as I have capped several ships with port bonuses. Not against the idea, I just think increasing capabilities as high as 10% (or, more) is too much. Super-sails, super-hulls, super-mast& rig, etc. makes a ship too strong & the fight too lop-sided.

Suggestion: Make the top-level capabilities in each category (hull, sail, etc.) just a bit better than upgrades available to the "average" player, but not as strong as they are currently.

+1  They did say that the port specialization will be limited, less points per port, but I agree the highest levels should be nerfed. 

• Like 1

I have to ask why is 25 1st rates or 25 4th rates such a bad thing.  When this game was at its best back in the old Eastern vs Western Alliance days the port battles we had with the 25 v 25 were fine we had lots of action and I think better fights.  if we bring back alliances you will never have a problem filling 25 ship PBs  and why do people hate on things like towing or telephoning with a map this huge and a population this small you have to allow some quality of life mechanics to trump this blind devotion to "MAKING IT REALISTIC"  

The Congreve cannons are, in almost all situations, "slightly worse mediums." the lower reload and the lower damage pretty much just equate to nearly the same damage per second as normal mediums.

What is supposed to be the "perk" of Congreve type?

17 hours ago, admin said:

XP and real bonuses updated. Rewards for sinking enemy ships in reals increased. 

• Granted XP (damage, crew and kill xp) and reals reward is now influenced more by the battle rating difference. If you sink cutters in a first rate you will get minimal rewards. If you sink ships of higher BR your rewards will become higher (up to 2x more)
    • Example (numbers are for illustration purposes)
      • Sink first rate in a first rate - you will get 1500 xp and 30000 reals
      • Sink first rate in a cutter - you will get 3000xp and 60000 reals

You guys have the right idea... but WHY nerf it that much.  I mean c'mon this needs to be adjusted.

I hit 3 x 5th rates, normally i get 1200 xp or so for the damage (which feels like NOTHING when i have to get to 80,000 xp to get to next rank, that's 80 battles).  Now i get 300 xp....

C'mon guys... you were meant to be buffing xp rewards, not killing them.  I get you don't want people pounding 6th rates with 1st rates, but it already worked that way because you could only do so much damage against a 5th rate vs a 1st rate.  But now we have to try hit higher fleets, and with the NPC's the way they are now its just not enjoyable.

we get barely any Reals out of OW fights, (6k per fight maybe) and yet we want to be able to replace ships we lose to NPC's with 180 degree firing arcs and outboard motors strapped to them...

If you want to nerf xp this much, nerf the NPC's.  Please dont make this game grindier.  I do enjoy grinding, but when it makes sense.  1:1 vs same ship class as the ONLY option to level sucks.  And with these NPC buffs it be enjoyable sometimes, but having to port and spend reals on reps consistently takes a lot of the fun out of it after a while, and whilst killing higher tier is fun and risky, it's not worth it as a grind because you'll end up spending too much on the occasional lost ship (its going to happen cause of the amount of fights you take).

Please fix this or just roll back the old XP model cause this doesn't work.

Edited by Reginulfr
  • Like 1

Why these "elite" ships if the normal Ai is almost impossible? Bellonas are almost immortal, belle poules are harder, even LGs are strong. Please, no. Give up with these elite ships. 

BTW what now about pvE "vug" and all ships gone? 

7 hours ago, Teutonic said:

The Congreve cannons are, in almost all situations, "slightly worse mediums." the lower reload and the lower damage pretty much just equate to nearly the same damage per second as normal mediums.

What is supposed to be the "perk" of Congreve type?

how much shorter reload? i guess that if you manage to trade 2 broadsides for 1 that's already an advantage. my point is that with faster reload you also get more opportunities for a good shot, and a bigger window where the opponent is vulnerable and you aren't, cause he's still reloading. that's the whole point of reload speed.

20 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

Good grief... for someone who has maybe seen the inside of half a dozen PBs you sure are opinionated about them....
Let me paint a clearer picture for you:

1. Before the BR limit increase you could freely interchange 3rd rates, Bellonas, Christians and Bucentaurs to suit your needs and the player numbers you had at your disposal. That was because their BR differences nowadays actually make sense with regard to their effectiveness in battle.
    For example you could say let's change one Buc to a christian to get in one more Herc for flexibility.
    Or exchange five Bellonas (2kBR) for two Bucs and Christian (=2k BR) because we don't have enough people to fill the spots.
    You could choose between lighter fleets with higher numbers and overall more tactical flexibility or take heavy setups and brawl it out.
    When every PB Fleet has to be 25 Oceans that is impossible.
  2. Before the BR increase a small elite clan could defend a port with 7 or 8 good payers. With 25 Ocean monofleets that is gone. Either go zerg or go home.

I see you writing only about defending, and it perfectly suits your theory. You should maybe consider that, because you were in probably 5000 port battles.

8 hours ago, Reginulfr said:

You guys have the right idea... but WHY nerf it that much.  I mean c'mon this needs to be adjusted.

I hit 3 x 5th rates, normally i get 1200 xp or so for the damage (which feels like NOTHING when i have to get to 80,000 xp to get to next rank, that's 80 battles).  Now i get 300 xp....

C'mon guys... you were meant to be buffing xp rewards, not killing them.  I get you don't want people pounding 6th rates with 1st rates, but it already worked that way because you could only do so much damage against a 5th rate vs a 1st rate.  But now we have to try hit higher fleets, and with the NPC's the way they are now its just not enjoyable.

we get barely any Reals out of OW fights, (6k per fight maybe) and yet we want to be able to replace ships we lose to NPC's with 180 degree firing arcs and outboard motors strapped to them...

If you want to nerf xp this much, nerf the NPC's.  Please dont make this game grindier.  I do enjoy grinding, but when it makes sense.  1:1 vs same ship class as the ONLY option to level sucks.  And with these NPC buffs it be enjoyable sometimes, but having to port and spend reals on reps consistently takes a lot of the fun out of it after a while, and whilst killing higher tier is fun and risky, it's not worth it as a grind because you'll end up spending too much on the occasional lost ship (its going to happen cause of the amount of fights you take).

Please fix this or just roll back the old XP model cause this doesn't work.

What part of example you didn’t get.  He wasn’t stating exact numbers for that ship.  It’s a buff not a nerf.  Also should wait for the patch before you complain that it’s a nerf.  Should be the hotfix today though