First of all, I'd like to thank you for giving us this great game! I am truly amazed by all the work. I hope you want to continue good job. If you're interested in some ideas regarding game-play, and game itself here you go:
- It would be nice to have some life in ports, isn't it? Tavern - where some melody comes from. Some drunken man thrown away from the brothel, A lady somwhere, Monkey... Life of the Town by the sea.
All Ideas regards PVP server:
- Ships are great thing in the game, but isn't sailing a little bit to safe ? Under rough weather sails may broke down, cargo may move from one side to the other and change balast. Of course crew shall react to it, but loosing part of supporting lines may force you to sail down or upwind - temporarily, to allow the crew set a new rigging.
-Heavy hurricanes with huge waves, from time to time. With all the difficulties. I see it so: Ship wents automatically into "battle-mode" storm hits the ship. Now, all the trick is to avoid a hit by huge wave from ether of the side of the ship. Sails dropped down to avoid mast damage... Fight for life, against the nature.
- Islands... They're pretty nice, but there's no life. Maybe adding some local population will be possible?
- We all do like campaigns, aren't? so... How about a mission available in Port to take. "Captain - on the Caribbean Water there's a excessive piracy activity! go there, and hunt down Pirate group under the command of (in)famous Bartholomew Roberts. Sounds nice... But where the hell can we find a Bartholomew Roberts?
here we go :-)
In some Caribbean port appears the mission: "Did you ever imagine how it was to be a pirate? In these mission you'll became a famous captain Bartholomew Roberts. On your map, will appear from time to time a position and heading of a trader ship (it shall be player trader on trader mission) go and intercept the ship. Mission shall be well payed in Dublons and Reals. A Ship allowed for the mission, shall be up to 6th class, since pirates used mostly Brigs, Sloops or Brigantines.
Now it's clear, that our pirate hunter shall get some directions too. How about giving our captain on a pirate hunting mission a tip about a trader ship which is under a threat of attack? He shall see his position on the map, doing effectively an escort mission. A Ship used for this mission shall be not bigger as Cerberus ( again - form purely Historical reasons). Mission shall be payed in Chests (Books, Ship Upgrades).
Eavents in game
Games MMO/MMORPG use to use a "special events" to keep players attention. So:
1. How about organizing " Trafalgar Battle" in a anniversary of these Battle? Give players a reason and place to fight. Give them some prize to win :-)
2. How about getting old captains alive again? Nelson day, Jean Bart day, Admiral Spiridov day ...
For example a Nelson Day could be: Britain gets for that day a special mission available in every British port. for the day all the port battles are suspended, to let the players concentrate on the event. After taking a mission player gets a location of fleet concentration area. After concentrating number of the ships they shall be grouped in a fleet automatically. On the OW map appears a battle area - your task is to control it. When opposite fleet arrives in area (the players shall be grouped in only two fleets British/French in these case to avoid chaos) a sword -battle sign appear at sea and fleets are joining the battle!
3. There must be some ruler of the sea. It seems to me, that today a "Российский императорский флот" Rules the sea. There's no doubt about it. It is amazing to see their huge fleet in action! (However it costs me sometimes a ship :-D) I think they deserve some special attention.
- Profits from being a ruler of the sea: once a week there shall came a huge AI fleet from the side of open sea. Big and medium sized trader ships loaded with gunpowder, guns, updates, rare wood, tools, prisoners for slave-work and anything what a Russian colony may need. The convoy shall be marked on the map and appear - For Russians to protect, and for others to attack :-) Convoy shall be created as a group 10-20 ships with 2 ships in fleet in every of them.
Convoy arrives the port then it's loaded with gold, silver, dublons, slaves and sails back - again under an escort. So there are two separate events
For the time of an event, PB and hostility shall be suspended.
4. In a real life, progress has a natural coefficient, that stops every conquest. It's logistics. Currently there's no such thing and the Port once taken regards no attention. There's no need to keep some forces in it, cause it can not be attacked and lost. I see the reason, and I agree - chaos is the last thing we need, but... Every conquest shall has it end and it shall be natural. There are some ideas:
- Robbery. Every port may be robbed. I see it like these: Two frigates are approaching port X. After hitting a button Enter port X (just like we use to do it normally) there appears a battle. On the anchor stays a group of AI ships. now the balance faktor:
If in last 2 months of a Open World game time a frigate (lets say) Cerberus entered and stayed in port - there's one Cerberus protecting. If there was 10 Trincomalees - well... the raiders are very unlucky, if in last 2 months (again game time) no warship entered and stayed in port there's no protection. Battle is automatically won. If the battle is won, it gives acces to a port, and raiders are entering harbor. There appears only one active icon - "Enemy Warehouse" - it's a summary (or average if u'd like) of every Warehouse in these port, including dublons and Reals of Clan warehouses in these ports. Of course amount of money taken by raiders shall be lost by clans owning the port and all players having warehouses in it.
Given time period of 2 months is just a suggestion. In the end it shall be very dangerous and risky mission. Only possible to do, if a port is unused and not maintained by owners by a longer period of time.
5. I would like to have a possibility to name a ship i produced / bought / boarded... Please
Again. Thanks for a game given to us
With my best regards