Game-Labs Forum

Patch 32: Elite NPC Admirals, New Ranks and other changes

admin

38 minutes ago, Routan said:

Did it? 

But I did not surgest the stop of teleport, I said maybe limited it to freeports. Just something wrong imo, that you can teleport ships to a port you want to defend/ attack in RvR.

It's like we learned nothing from the Austerity patch days. The game shouldn't require 8 hours of active preparation for a 1.5 hour battle. e.g. sailing from FR to Navasse every time a ship needs to be brought up to the front lines. It's not preventing or hindering combat or game-play in its current state, so there is no need to change it. 

Regardless of the Admin teams original vision of not originally including a teleport, I'm sure there are many initial things that we have today as not being a part of the vision. The game has evolved since the initial planning stages.

There is nothing wrong with not wasting your players time doing mundane tasks that eat time like a cancer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

Hi

a question in general: was there a change in books  (removed or added or renamed or abanded recently) on pve and pvp server? 

No there were not such changes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knobby said:

You must have a very selective memory. When we did not have tow or tp, pvp just ground to a complete halt because nobody who was interested in pvp wanted to spend 90% of their playing time on a shippng company simulator just to get their ships or character into a pvp hub from the other side of the map.

Just no, NO to even more pointless time sinks taking away from the part of the game that's actually good!

We used to have still those battle rooms starting like every 15mins you could join in from any port. I loved that one. If i had little time i could always que up for mid frigates room there for action. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Routan said:

But it was also fun if you had the time to be around the area where the Pb should be and pick up ships sailing for the pb. 

That is still very much a possibility with limited number of outposts and needing atleast half of them for economy and must-have freeports. It's just now with 80% of server pop being either Russian or British that the rest of the pvp nations don't need more than a few outposts to cover their tiny territory...

37 minutes ago, Capsize More said:

Simple question: Where do we find out what the port bonuses on elite ships that come from notes do?  Specifically on pve, on war server I imagine you could ask someone with a shipbuilding port.  

The stats are subject to change but I’m sure some one can post them up

good morning ...

a question ... if I use an Elite Ship Note ... is there a dependency from the port I am?

Will I get the possible ship/port bonuses also if I use the note in the capital?

Edited by Karpfanger

2 hours ago, Karpfanger said:

Will I get the possible ship/port bonuses also if I use the note in the capital

I used them twice in capital and got ships with 3 bonuses so I guess rather yes.

• Like 1

I looted an elite ship note the other day, and when I converted it I never got the option to select the wood types. So it came out Cagurian/Sabuco. That is not bad if your looking for a slow tanky Wasa, but I was not hoping for..  

Could we maybe get the option to select the wood types our self when converting it? Or if the wood combinations are supposed to be some RNG magic, then let us chose between fast or heavy build..  

45 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

I looted an elite ship note the other day, and when I converted it I never got the option to select the wood types. So it came out Cagurian/Sabuco. That is not bad if your looking for a slow tanky Wasa, but I was not hoping for..  

Could we maybe get the option to select the wood types our self when converting it? Or if the wood combinations are supposed to be some RNG magic, then let us chose between fast or heavy build..  

There is no wood type option cause you are getting a copy of that exact ship you fought.  If you fought a Cagurian/Sabuco ship you get that wood type.  I assume they do the note thing cause other wise AI has totally diffrent stats they use when fighting us.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:37 AM, Knobby said:

You must have a very selective memory. When we did not have tow or tp, pvp just ground to a complete halt because nobody who was interested in pvp wanted to spend 90% of their playing time on a shippng company simulator just to get their ships or character into a pvp hub from the other side of the map.

Just no, NO to even more pointless time sinks taking away from the part of the game that's actually good!

Agree.

To me (please note the 1st person singular, not talking for everyone) the worst part of the game is staring at the butt of my ship for an hour moving between ports.  Some of this will always be necessary but to introduce more makes the game even more of a niche product.  We are already an odd group of gamers (ok, I'd better use 1st person again - I am an odd group of gamers) who are willing to defer action while preparing this way.  Doubt that the average MMO player would tolerate this.  I myself quit for the months when towing between ports was disabled and will do so again. 

I think we are close to a point where the game appeals to as wide a group of players as possible.  PvP has their zones.  Crafters have their specialty ports.  RvR has squabbling over these ports.  Only trading has been nerfed to oblivion (I do nothing but local cargo missions for $ now).  I hope that will be fixed.

So let's keep the game as accessible to as many gamer-types as possible.  I don't want the game to model my desires and mine alone.  That wouldn't attract the necessary player base, and neither would anyone else's desires.  I want the game to be successful, make the devs loads of money and so encourage them to keep it alive. 

• Like 6

A question about the server pve ... is the hostility missions working to be able to attack a port later ?. I ask it because we have been some clanmates doing hostile missions and we do not see that we cause hostility in the port (islamorada in this case).

1 hour ago, Maloco said:

A question about the server pve ... is the hostility missions working to be able to attack a port later ?. I ask it because we have been some clanmates doing hostile missions and we do not see that we cause hostility in the port (islamorada in this case).

You cannot conduct port battles on the pve server therefore the hostility missions will not cause hostility to any consequence. 

1 hour ago, Dakk Elleron said:

No puedes llevar a cabo batallas portuarias en el servidor pve, por lo que las misiones de hostilidad no causarán ninguna hostilidad. 

I understood that the developers had said that they would include it ... is not that true?

2 hours ago, Maloco said:

I understood that the developers had said that they would include it ... is not that true?

They mention something like a raid system to be used against PvE ports that will only allow you to own the port temp and than it falls back.  That isn't any time soon.  They are manly working to  the PVP server ready for going live which is why ya'll get scraps of code from that.  I would't really see any big changes to PvE until after rlease awhen they can go and tweak it.

So basicly no one knowns untilthe patch with thenotes say other wise happaanes.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:56 AM, admin said:

port bonuses and upgrade bonuses will be lower

imo considerably lower, like by a factor of 10. It's nice to have upgrades but i would prefer more equality so that non-port bonused ships can still be competitive. The desire for Port bonused ships would still be retained, players desire even the slightest advantage, there is no need to over do it. (Be interesting to finally differentiate between the truly skilful players and those that just always have the best ships)

On 5/23/2019 at 7:58 AM, admin said:

previously all attempts to change progression behind tasks or certain requirements (for example unlocking the previous ship to move on to the next) were always met with resistance from the community

The ship tree knowledge was very very grindy and so met with a lot of resistance yes, I think AeroTR's suggestion would be widely supported

On 5/23/2019 at 10:38 AM, admin said:

(teleports were never planned in this game and was a developer feature to help testers find pvp faster during early testing)

Teleports for managing contracts, buildings, ship building, depositing upgrades and marks/dubs etc is fine. But only being able to sail from the Port you are actually in would be something I would support. 

I do not quite get the concept of the ship note drop from elite NPCs. It seems we get the exact copy of the ship sunk. So it is basically as if you captured that ship, right? So, why can't we just capture all NPC ships? After all, there is a bit more challenge to that, because you have to bring home two ships and might be limited in terms of repairs or crew...

• Like 1

Patch is being deployed today 29th May

Changes

• XP and real bonuses updated. Rewards for sinking enemy ships in reals increased. 
    • Granted XP (damage, crew and kill xp) and reals reward is now influenced more by the battle rating difference. If you sink cutters in a first rate you will get minimal rewards. If you sink ships of higher BR your rewards will become higher (up to 2x more)
      • Example (numbers are for illustration purposes)
        • Sink first rate in a first rate - you will get 1500 xp and 30000 reals
        • Sink first rate in a cutter - you will get 3000xp and 60000 reals
  • New guns added to drops from Elite NPC ships
    • Obusier guns - similar to carronades but with less damage and higher crew damage
    • Congreve guns - lighter medium guns with lower damage but higher reload
    • Blomfield guns - lighter long guns with higher damage and higher reload
    • Navy guns - Best in class long guns having increased damage compared to standard longs
  • Reduced weight of elite ship loot notes

Stability

• Changes to server infrastructure were applied to prepare for the release, additional instance machines acquired for initial tutorial rush

Fixes

• Fixed bug which removed the player from the OW after exiting the game from the instance
  • Fixed crashes of client on exiting the game from port
  • Fixed bug which did not count the weight of the guns in some overloading cases
  • Fixed bug that did not lock the fire zone when pressing left Alt
  • Fixed bug that shown the incorrect number of decks when switching the ship
  • Fixed multiple localization issues (typos, spaces, other issues)
  • Fixed several interface bugs.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, admin said:
  • New guns added to drops from Elite NPC ships
    • Obusier guns - similar to carronades but with less damage and higher crew damage
    • Congreve guns - lighter medium guns with lower damage but higher reload
    • Blomfield guns - lighter long guns with higher damage and higher reload
    • Navy guns - Best in class long guns having increased damage compared to standard longs

Will i be able to loot guns off player ships in the future or see what type of guns they have loaded?

• Like 5

Next hotfix plan

additional stabilization
finalization of rank threshholds
upgrade final balance
port bonuses changes
port points distribution changes
acceleration changes and additional improvements of ship overall balance

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Next hotfix plan

additional stabilization
finalization of rank threshholds
upgrade final balance  <-- needs to happen first
port bonuses changes
port points distribution changes
acceleration changes and additional improvements of ship overall balance <-- needs to happen first

Good! All those points make sense!

I urge you to get this in at least two weeks before launch to ensure proper testing. Especially the ship balancing must be tested while people still have all kinds of ships!

After that the port bonus changes ca be implemented.
My advice would be to set up a Testbed server for testing the final build on release conditions (everyone starts from scratch)!
To incentivise players to help with testing make up some goals and juicy rewards that can then be redeemed on the live server after release (e.g. a chest of rare permits, which can be used once players reach the appropriate crafting level)

• Like 4

Very welcomed changes. All make good sense. Hope the reward in relation to ship size difference yours<>enemy also has effect in weeklies' calculation for awarding more uneven, heroic deeds. Using smaller ship --> more score. Stronger ship --> less score.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac