Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

2 hours ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Please change the mechanic for leveling up the ship knowledge. We should level for ship rates and not for single ship types. So e.g. leveling the Endymion should include leveling ship knowledge for every other 5th rate.

++++++++

Would go a long way to making a lot of vets much more accepting of the xp wipe and also would spare new potential players of a mindless ship exp grind. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 3

On 2/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, admin said:

There is no final decision on the ranks or how they will be distributed.
If new ranks happen they will be added above the current rank increasing the number of total ranks.
Missing ranks based on the table of ranks
Vice- Admiral
Admiral
Admiral of the Fleet
Sea Lord
Lord of the Admiralty.

@adminif you want to introduce this, wich im fine with the idea. could be linked to PVP experience?
 for example, yo can craft and sail frigates up to certain rank, after that if you want to crew bigger ships or posible do another stuff u have may had to gather some experience in PVP or RVR to rank up and had more crew. 
for example you can recon a "new guy" only by his rank and not his skill... a some sort of mercy would happen if a "lord of the admiralty" attack a Master and comander for example.
also give's you ( as a player) some sort of reward to wear a high rank in battle due your own previews experience.

could also be some "frigate admiralty mission" in wich you are searching specifically traders and small ships for PVP? wich a reward in reals, dubloons and mission chest (silver, gold).
this will encourage more people to sails in search for traders and try to disrupt enemy economy.

im just thinking some ideas...
hope you can give a thought and put something similar to this in game. would be Great

Edited by Carlos_Condell

Is there any way to get a detailed summary of EXACTLY what will be wiped on 4th-8th March? Admin says reals over 50000 - does that apply to clans? Are fish and salt material? Will they be wiped? Sugar amd hemp? Hull and rig repairs? What exactly are trading goods? Isn't everthing tradable? Like sealed bottles? Details boys please!!!! and Dubloons? what happens to them.  Unharvested forest, farm and mine assests? Heaps of questions and who can traul through 25 pages of virtriol looking ar every post to work it out. Crappy communication!

PS What about upgrades not yet on ships?

Edited by Rumplestiltskin
PS

Made a forum account just to weigh in on the unending drama which has invariably run from here to there and mostly devolved into repeating loops of the same arguments on either side of the "keep" vs "wipe" fence. Until roughly six months ago, it was widely understood by every single purchaser of the game that there would be a wipe at the end of the release period. People are clearly agitated that the Admin promised one thing and is delivering another, but I would beg they keep in mind that the situation on the ground has changed in that 6 month window, and it is likely more important to test out all economic and balance changes with varying levels of wipe to ensure that they'll function after "the big one" at the release. Am I disappointed? Yes. Will I quit, uninstall, and leave a bad review? Probably not.

Edited by Isaac Le Maire
Readability
  • Like 2

I think most of us understand the reasons for wipe, I even argued for full wipe but was told it didn't make sense and would be pointless to do it by @admin himself. I think most of the backlash and drama could have been easily avoided if the announcement included an apology for being unable to maintain the previous statements and a commitment to make it up to the testers. An offer any sort of compensation that is adequate for it and the community of players would feel much less in need to complain and argue. 

typo

Edited by Draymoor

Isaac you just did not understand what it is about because you are too short in the game.

We are the customers and have paid for this game.
And Devs has been clearly said that Rank XP and Crafting XP are preserved after the release they are save. POINT!

And it is true that the customers have paid for the music and demand a say as well as the keeping of promises.

haQjZB3.png

I've had a lot of fun in the game, met some great people, and enjoyed actually improving as a player. It was fun to try out a new ship but hard going working my way up the knowledge slots. I found that with 3 or more slots open the ships are fun, less than that and they are frustrating and tedious to sail and fight, and I lose them in PvP. If I lose my rank I could live with that. But I simply won't be going through the ship knowledge grind again. It is NOT FUN grinding slots. And it is NOT FUN sailing underperforming ships about. I've dedicated a lot of time to the game, too much, and it represents a substantial investment of time to get to the point where I can enjoy the PvP rather than dread it. But I cannot face repeating that grind  before a ship is fun to sail again. If the ship knowledge XP goes then I go with it. There's no money for the devs in the 'longterm supporters' other than DLC and look what a mess the Herc and the Req DLC made of anyone's ability to enjoy shallow water battles. I don't think they care if we drop out.

Edited by Rumplestiltskin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacques de molay said:

Isaac you just did not understand what it is about because you are too short in the game.

We are the customers and have paid for this game.
And Devs has been clearly said that Rank XP and Crafting XP are preserved after the release they are save. POINT!

And it is true that the customers have paid for the music and demand a say as well as the keeping of promises.

haQjZB3.png

I bought this game release day January, 2016, and have 3,500 hours in it. Please do not attempt to discredit somebody based upon what you perceive, wrongly, their status to be.
We are the customers who bought a game knowing there would be a wipe in the end. From January "there'll be a wipe at the end" 2016 to March "there'll be a wipe at the end" 2019, nothing has changed except for people feeling entitled over a quote from the Admin which simply no longer stands up in the current situation.

Edited by Isaac Le Maire
Grammar
  • Like 4

Oh my,  so much drama.

Final wipe on release is most probably months away,  and  whatever it finally is will be the same for all.

Personally i'm happy books will be kept,  the other stuff doesn't take so long really.  Rank/craft xp are quite quick to skill through and ship slots although will take time everybody will be in the same situation.

It does make me chuckle a bit when i read  "i bought the game so...." , we all bought the game and knew it was Early access so would be wipes along the way. Yes ofc last year i started a thread about what would remain on final wipe, and things have changed some from that answer but isn't the end of life as we know it as some say.

People need to step back from rant mode i think, but probably won't happen. All this from a game community that is on average i expect older than your usual game crowd is kinda hillarious really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draymoor said:

I think most of us understand the reasons for wipe, I even argued for full wipe but was told it didn't make sense and would be pointless to do it by @admin himself. I think most of the backlash and drama could have been easily avoided if the announcement included an apology for being unable to maintain the previous statements and a commitment to make it up to the testers. An offer any sort of compensation that is adequate for it and the community of players would feel much less in need to complain and argue. 

typo

I'm actualy kinda fine with the wipe, but as you and many said it's the way they went about saying it.  That and there is no compensation other than keeping book knowledge.  I would been happy with ship and books cause ships take for ever to grind out slots on.  You can rank up just grinding out the first few slots on the 1st rates.  That and I did it on mulit accounts.  I'll prob be max level on my main in both rank and crafting in a week or two so not even sure how the wipe is going to do anything.  I mean all we have to do is Tutorial and we are MC and than the grind starts for the reset.  

My biggest issue was the Pandora being DLC that others can buy after release.  That was suppose to be a special ship that only we got, but now it seems any one can get it.  Biggest way to fix this is to give us the BP for it too.  I mean if other games can give  you items for preorders and helping with alpha/beta testing by giving them in game why can't they figure out a way?  It's honestly lazy coding.  

23 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Question:   What about ship notes?

Ships  and notes aren't being touched next week as they aren't part of the econ they are testings.

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Biggest way to fix this is to give us the BP for it too.

Then no one would buy the DLC because people with the blueprint would just craft and sell them. Best option would be a unique paint or skin for the Pandora. Or just give us the yacht. Or any unique item.

It is very disappointing that the Pandora won't be unique to testers. And it'll look like I bought the DLC when sailing it.

Edited by --Privateer--
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Oh my,  so much drama.

Final wipe on release is most probably months away,  and  whatever it finally is will be the same for all.

Personally i'm happy books will be kept,  the other stuff doesn't take so long really.  Rank/craft xp are quite quick to skill through and ship slots although will take time everybody will be in the same situation.

It does make me chuckle a bit when i read  "i bought the game so...." , we all bought the game and knew it was Early access so would be wipes along the way. Yes ofc last year i started a thread about what would remain on final wipe, and things have changed some from that answer but isn't the end of life as we know it as some say.

People need to step back from rant mode i think, but probably won't happen. All this from a game community that is on average i expect older than your usual game crowd is kinda hillarious really.

Ofc you can’t keep books. Make no sence. Fresh start for all. Just wait and see. Yes admin said so, but my guess he will be wiser close to release, and wupti they are gone. 

Expect all to be gone, because thats what happens. So from now and til then, just play the parts you think is fun. No need to try to get anything, because it will be gone.

So just play, have fun, take s break if thats what you need.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

Then no one would buy the DLC because people with the blueprint would just craft and sell them. Best option would be a unique paint or skin for the Pandora. Or just give us the yacht. Or any unique item.

It is very disappointing that the Pandora won't be unique to testers. And it'll look like I bought the DLC when sailing it.

I brought that up saying give us a unique skin if your going to sale it, but @admin gave this long thing about keys and what they can and can't give out linked to steam or has to be sold.  Ok if it's sold as DLC make it very limited time....one month at the start and than no one else. 

The point of the BP is that only us old timer EA users would have the BP and could craft the ship. I honestly would prefer to be able to craft my own ships and have my name on it than redeem or buy a note.   Many ships we have as notes should have some means to get the BP's too.  

I'm all for the skin thing, they could do it by allowing us a or day head start.  They give them out to every one that has a char.  Than upon release you can buy the DLC but only those before got the skin for it.

As for craft and sale, the ship can still remain none tradeable even if you craft it.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

1 hour ago, Irenicus said:

I don't think we're stunned about a wipe as such.. Just that devs lied to us. A bunch of times they've referred to developers like EA for breaking promises to their communities or Star Citizen for "selling dreams".. Well NA apparently isn't so different afterall..

So you blame devs that they did it on purpose? Shame! Sure it's always bad to revert a promise. But I don't know any mmo where pre testers could keep their assets. Stuff like that is bad for a release glad devs noticed.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, z4ys said:

So you blame devs that they did it on purpose? Shame! Sure it's always bad to revert a promise. But I don't know any mmo where pre testers could keep their assets. Stuff like that is bad for a release glad devs noticed.

Well if thats the truth abouth EA games, wouldn’t devs not know that too? If thats the case they should never have made the promise. 

Problem is partly for this game most, but who would in the future trust GL on other EA games. From no on they can write what they want, we all know we only will know what is what on the day on release.

22 minutes ago, staun said:

Well if thats the truth abouth EA games, wouldn’t devs not know that too? If thats the case they should never have made the promise. 

NA is our first game. We never made massive multiplayer games before
This promise stopped making sense, and everyone knows that It is better to launch in the clean slate. 
It is a great litmus test which shown everyone the landsmen who only care about their XP and do not really care about the game long term state.

Quick reminder. The game is in alpha, is in early access and based on these two facts everything might change.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, admin said:

This promise stopped making sense, and everyone knows that It is better to launch in the clean slate. PVP server will be wiped.
 It is a great litmus test which shown everyone the landsmen who only care about their XP and do not really care about the game. Its good for the long term health of the forums and that the community that they will be leaving. 

I am fine with wipe. Not so fine with broken words. But I lived long enough to know things changes, but if your word should make any sence it should be a total wipe. Actually I am just waiting for you to announce it.  Right now I personally feel you hold that back, so ppl will play until release. Thats my biggesr issue.

The key word : Clean slate.

Edited by staun

14 minutes ago, admin said:

This promise stopped making sense, and everyone knows that It is better to launch in the clean slate. 
It is a great litmus test which shown everyone the landsmen who only care about their XP and do not really care about the game long term state.

Quick reminder. The game is in alpha, is in early access and based on these two facts everything might change.

Yeah what about the books? Why not have it all out in the open so we know what to expect. Finally.

• Like 1