Game-Labs Forum

pls change timers

ScipioTortuga

1 hour ago, vazco said:

You should simply separate map into sections which have timers in different hours. This way you will make map smaller, and action can eg. move from W to E with time. Example:

• Swedish, Danish, French ports - 16-22,
  • Haiti, Kuba - 19-1
  • West coast, Jukatan - 23-4
  • Mexican bay - 2-7

People could go to action based on the hour of the day. Map in reality would get smaller this way, which is good.

Then, with a system like this, you could have an eco wars to switch timers for certain ports to different ones. That's important eg. for Cartagena and Copper ports, but not others.

while this is not a bad idea. I am opposed to the usa timezones being in the gulf of mexico. no one gives a _______ about the gulf of mexico. while I can see why that would be appealing @admin to put the usa timezone players out there it would yet again be unfair tot he usa player base. Gulf of mexico shouldn't even be in the game to start with. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I could but why should I bother? Or anyone else for that matter? You guys will have a really fun time fighting AI I'm sure.

Without someone to organise them (read, me or someone else involved up there) nothing will happen and as I said earlier, I'm busy tomorrow and I'm not cancelling my plans for multiflippers. I reserve effort for people I respect.

Nope, I won't be fighting AI or captains in RSC ports. I'm not involved.

BTW I found a teddy in the corner with an ear missing...

Buster (sewing kit to the ready)

6 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I reckon most people would get salty if 3 nations multiflipped 8 ports at the same time. The point of the game is to have fun after all. The term "bad sport" comes to mind but hey ho, not my problem at the end of the day. As Batman said earlier, some people take this way too seriously.

You tribunal post showed you take it too seriously. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

I think this time it is declaring war on you and your clan.

We actually have no beef with any other British Clans at the moment, it was just his attitude and the fact they owned over half the Bahamas and put the ports in stupid timers.  I wonder why those timers weren't changed friday when the weekend started?  And it went from only doing one in different timer to doing almost half of them.  Hmmmmm wonder why that happened?

7 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

I dunno. Are British captains going to dare defend their ports?

Buster (just curious)

I hear they are going to hire the neutral nation to defend them for them, but that just a rumor.

7 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

A couple probably of them probably. I'm not cancelling my plans for tomorrow for a game to defend the ports so we'll see if they can get themselves organised.

No nation can defend against so many flips so we'll have to pick our battles.

So you set port timers when you can't even be on to play a game that your talking so much smack about and than wonder why you loose the ports?  

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

I always did want to attack esteros ...

Well we can add it to my battle plans.  I mean I'm all ready suppose to be taking all of Bahamas according to that spy/traitor Kennyway guy.   No I said officially our plans when we join the us was to remove the threat in LR, help clear the US coast line and take some Bahamas ports cause it's great training grounds and fighting area for lower level and new players to PvP/RvR.  Never said all of Bahamas, but with that I'm going to add we may or may not ever go into the Gulf, but one day Texas wants to own Texas in game and I"ll leave it at that.

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

u loose 2 for it.

They will be loosing way more than that tomorrow.  French will move into number three spot on the conquest board.  You think a lot more brits would be upset about that than anything...lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

while this is not a bad idea. I am opposed to the usa timezones being in the gulf of mexico. no one gives a _______ about the gulf of mexico. while I can see why that would be appealing @admin to put the usa timezone players out there it would yet again be unfair tot he usa player base. Gulf of mexico shouldn't even be in the game to start with. 

good news is you'll get on the conquest board this week....

12 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

That's just an example :) I guess having East Coast in  US timers could be good. I forgot about timers for Australia, eg. those could be in Mexican bay.

The point is - map is too big now, while having ports next to each other set to different timers makes RvR harder (people don't care about distant ports which have timers they can attack). A nice solution is to make map smaller, but in the same time have everyone on the same server.

If in EU I want to play at nigth, I can simply sail to a different area of the map, which is good.

16 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I agree. They should at least spawn in actual shallows rather than in deep water.

There is a problem tho with ports like Mosquito Cay, Hitten Hatcha, San Marcos or Siguanea which hardly have any shallow around them.

• Like 1

Are the nations that took ports today going to now attack other ports individually? No, they are going to keep multi flipping now that they've found something that works. 

All of these nations have got enemy ports right next to them yet they complain about there being no RvR content for them and use that as an excuse for needing the entire server to help them take ports.

The 3 ports successfully defended today had plenty of numbers on both sides (think one lacked as many yanks as there could've been) which just goes to show there are people online to fight during that timer and therefor it is perfectly valid.

14 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Are the nations that took ports today going to now attack other ports individually? No, they are going to keep multi flipping now that they've found something that works. 

All of these nations have got enemy ports right next to them yet they complain about there being no RvR content for them and use that as an excuse for needing the entire server to help them take ports.

The 3 ports successfully defended today had plenty of numbers on both sides (think one lacked as many yanks as there could've been) which just goes to show there are people online to fight during that timer and therefor it is perfectly valid.

change the timers then, if you do that we have no reason to do multi flips.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

Are you a mind reader or something? well if you are you are a really bad one.

Prime time multi flipping is the main cause for the change in the first place if I remember correctly. So no I am not a mind reader, I just go use past experience to make my assumptions. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christendom said:

As long as the 11-14 timers are used to dodge fights, multi flips will continue.  If you want to hide your money port, Little Harbor, behind a timer...yea I get it.  But all the ports?  That's bullshit.

Three fights were fought today at the same time, would you call that "avoiding"?

45 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Wow.. Multiflipping works? - Not like that's been tried since before the great wipe.. The problem with multiflipping is that its boring as hell and difficult to organize on a weekly basis..

36 minutes ago, Christendom said:

As long as the 11-14 timers are used to dodge fights, multi flips will continue. 

Sooo... if the timers would be changed to lets say 18-21 all the multiflipping nations would just bugger off and start fighting each other?

Or would they simply keep multiflipping Brit ports, despite the timers being changed?

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Sooo... if the timers would be changed to lets say 18-21 all the multiflipping nations would just bugger off and start fighting each other?

Or would they simply keep multiflipping Brit ports, despite the timers being changed?

Having your timers set to US prime time is a stretch, I'm not asking that.  But when 1 brit clan owned most of the bahamas and set the timers ALL at 11-14, it made it difficult to even conduct operations for US based players.  In particular now that the spread of ports is a little bit more diverse, we can plan things that are not at 7am in the morning for us.  Scipio owns a port or 2, I don't think he'll mind if we have some friendly fights down there.  It's not like any of these ports matter.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3