Game-Labs Forum

pls change timers

ScipioTortuga

9 hours ago, admin said:

we plan to give ability to change enemy timer using a resource bought for pvp marks.
Enemy can of course counter it by counter supplies. 

Let the gold, marks and spice flow.

I totally disagree with this. this is the dumbest thing ive seen in a while. they can spend resources to make a port undefendable? so  its no longer who can with the port battle but now its about who has the most resources to pour into a port... we have been over this 10000000 times. there is no way an EU clan can defend against a USA timezone fleet and vice versa. once again if there are no caps on this bull crap. then sweeden which makes 120mil a day on taxes will be able to do whatever they want. get your head out of ur rear before you  implement this pls. 

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

So what would happen if say Bridgetown and La Navasse were flipped at the same time then.  The US based French would show up and defend their port, rightfully, who would defend yours?

hmmmmmmm

as it stands right now the night time French could easily defend both. 

if this is implemented we may just quit. not going to sit there and watch daytime crew yet again be able to do w/e they want because of devs favor. night time pop simply cannot support the resources that daytime crew does.  @admin you guys have already done so much to kill off the usa player base. don't go and do something stupid like this to kill what little you have left. look that the ports with eu timers opposed to the ones with USA timers. its pretty relational to the amount of players in the timezones. (ignore british ports because they are slime ball cowards hiding behind their timers.) leave crap alone. work other content rather than reverting back yet again on an issue that has already been solved. 

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

So what would happen if say Bridgetown and La Navasse were flipped at the same time then.  The US based French would show up and defend their port, rightfully, who would defend yours?

hmmmmmmm

also not to mention one of the flips would be stopped during the hostility. we don't let people run up our ports without opposing them. 

6 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

if this is implemented we may just quit. not going to sit there and watch daytime crew yet again be able to do w/e they want because of devs favor. night time pop simply cannot support the resources that daytime crew does.  @admin you guys have already done so much to kill off the usa player base. don't go and do something stupid like this to kill what little you have left. look that the ports with eu timers opposed to the ones with USA timers. its pretty relational to the amount of players in the timezones. (ignore british ports because they are slime ball cowards hiding behind their timers.) leave crap alone. work other content rather than reverting back yet again on an issue that has already been solved. 

too funny ,,,,,

3 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

too funny ,,,,,

we all know you have a night crew. CKA clan/ARMED. yet you have no timers set for 03-Reset. we also know you have a EU crew by yesterdays Salamanca pb with Russia. yet everyone of your ports is set for right after resest. or AUSEY timezone. So man up and defend your ports and let the players have what little content this game has to offer. 

Edited by King of Crowns

4 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

also not to mention one of the flips would be stopped during the hostility. we don't let people run up our ports without opposing them. 

If we do 4 missions at a time you have zero change of stopping them.  

9 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

I do however agree with you.  I think this is a stupid idea.  

Just now, Christendom said:

If we do 4 missions at a time you have zero change of stopping them.  

I do however agree with you.  I think this is a stupid idea.  

well @admin said that hostility would get a lot harder soon.... we are still waiting. chances of you getting into a hostility mission around navase and bridge town without being spoted during our primetime is very small. by all means try it. 

1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

and we have players to defend bahamas at 1100- 1400  so your point is ?

Yes you have them, but you do also have people in the evening if not more. You just have those timers because we can barely flip them straight after the maintenance. Doing the pb isnt a hard thing with that timer.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Doing something bad because someone else does it is no excuse.

Clans who do that should auto disband and the clanleader should be moved to PvE server.

Tow to port at bermuda comes to mind. get off that pedestal.

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

im not saying we dont .... and i would in part accept the critism from almost anyone else in the game ... but coming from the games chieif slimeball coward ..its funny

how is it that we are slimeball cowards? we look for fights every night. we offer even group battles every night. no one responds.... every night.  we have set almost every port you guys had that we were available to attack...... then you changed every timer you have out of our timezone. its pretty obvious who the slimeball is. 

13 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

we all know you have a night crew. CKA clan/ARMED. yet you have no timers set for 03-Reset. we also know you have a EU crew by yesterdays Salamanca pb with Russia. yet everyone of your ports is set for right after resest. or AUSEY timezone. So man up and defend your ports and let the players have what little content this game has to offer. 

because CKA dont own any ports ... you are weriously confused we have ports battle timers throughout the day and eveining ... not everyone in uk or europe works 9-5 .. we have enough eu based players to defend 1100-1400 ...

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

because CKA dont own any ports ... you are weriously confused we have ports battle timers throughout the day and eveining ... not everyone in uk or europe works 9-5 .. we have enough eu based players to defend 1100-1400 ...

you have enough to defend anytime of the day. 

16 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Tow to port at bermuda comes to mind. get off that pedestal.

Because no Russian ever done that... Right, every trader sailed one hour more just to not take the shortest way possible... Towing is no exploit and never will be. Putting ports to timers to take away the possibility to give players content and therefor fun on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, Never Surrender said:

Because no Russian ever done that... Right, every trader sailed one hour more just to not take the shortest way possible... Towing is no exploit and never will be. Putting ports to timers to take away the possibility to give players content and therefor fun on the other hand...

I said that becasue of this:

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Doing something bad because someone else does it is no excuse.

So stop your victimhood there.

10 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Defenders need some kind of advantage when they attack enemy hostility fleet or it will never change.

Defenders can teleport into the port and store repairs there. Attackers can't.

That's potentially a pretty big advantage. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2018 at 5:37 AM, admin said:

we plan to give ability to change enemy timer using a resource bought for pvp marks.
Enemy can of course counter it by counter supplies. 

Let the gold, marks and spice flow.

Generally speaking I think this is a pretty bad idea. This will not create fights, it will create empty port battles. Nothing is more fun than having 12-15 guys in team speak, bored out of their mind waiting for an empty port battle to be won.

We can defend in 2-7 range, when we have the majority of our players online. Once that timer is shifted to 11-14 or some other time, we'll have zero players online. What's achieved here? No PvP, no Content, just punishment for the loser of the resource war. We're checking an empty box that doesn't need to be checked with this proposed mechanic.

Edited by Rabman
  • Like 3

Gregory, your approach to the matter of timers on bahamas is so dumb that I will not even comment on that because I get a ban, I hope that thanks to these timers you will achieve your main goal, i.e. you will avoid pvp.
No greetings.

PS. I remember when i was talking with Hachi about fliping Les Cayes, and he said that the RSC will not help, because Prussia is plaguing them in Bahamas, I do not think it was one of the reasons for setting these timers? Willingness to avoid a fight?

Edited by Wojtek
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

It's good ya'll can prob field two teams with these smaller BR port battles.  What ya'll did last weekend cracked me up cause we had a small group on the way down to help them grind up that port.  Than suddenly we see a few guys get sanked at San Sabastion and than La Navassa and than the grinding stopped.  They prob brought the wrong ships and half assed it too.  We than ported into port and went to do other things as all there numbers logged off.  Saved us from making the rest of that trip.  We do plan to give ya'll some good fights soon and have some fun.  Kinda limited on who we can fight in our prime times any way.  

18 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

As I mention above we got to see that the other weekend, good job on your guys part.  Fast action at both ports.

18 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

Prob cause there are so few US prime time ports for them to attack since most of them are hogged by EU clans that don't even RvR much.  If your not using most those ports than drop them and let others take control of them or change the times of one and let them be in charge of defending it. If they loose the port so what it was one less port you have to worry about.

I don't think this topic is about the port timers of all of GB, it's about one clan that owns 14 ports (over half) of the Bahamas a prime spot for folks to learn and train players in with small cheap ships, but most of the ports are tide up in the time slot that prob the fewest players are on at any time of the day. 

43 minutes ago, Wojtek said:

Gregory, your approach to the matter of timers on bahamas is so dumb that I will not even comment on that because I get a ban, I hope that thanks to these timers you will achieve your main goal, i.e. you will avoid pvp.
No greetings.

PS. I remember when i was talking with Hachi about fliping Les Cayes, and he said that the RSC will not help, because Prussia is plaguing them in Bahamas, I do not think it was one of the reasons for setting these timers? Willingness to avoid a fight?

I actually wonder if any of those ports got flipped just how many would come and help defend them?  In the past I found clans in GB tend to spread out to much as a nation and don't help each other out cause they are to spread out.  So just how many would show for a port battle?  Low BR means defending isn't a problem as you only new a handful of guys.