Game-Labs Forum

pls change timers

ScipioTortuga

Just now, Busterbloodvessel said:

I dunno. Are British captains going to dare defend their ports?

Buster (just curious)

A couple probably of them probably. I'm not cancelling my plans for tomorrow for a game to defend the ports so we'll see if they can get themselves organised.

No nation can defend against so many flips so we'll have to pick our battles.

1 minute ago, Batman said:

You still mad about Les Cayes? :D

No. Les Cayes is in the past. The players in Poland have done their best to get up and move on, going as far as changing their goals and objectives to be reasonable under current circumstances. Only thing you can do. I would still be in Poland if it was not for the new full time job I got restricting my availability to play the game to hours where the majority of the Polish nation would be unavailable.

2 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Everyone keeps declaring war on and attacking GB, how dare they respond?!

Well, then maybe you guys need to figure out why this is happening. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

A couple probably of them probably. I'm not cancelling my plans for tomorrow for a game to defend the ports so we'll see if they can get themselves organised.

Yep pick a few to defend, keep some ports and have some great game time that way? You are one of the better players on the Brits, I would have thought that being the weekend and in European prime time when the Brit TS must swell that there would be plenty of PvP marks to be had and you would relish the opportunity.  

Buster (only defeatist when nudged!)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

Just now, Busterbloodvessel said:

Can't you pick a few to defend, keep some ports and have some great game time that way? You are one of the better players on the Brits, I would have thought that being the weekend and in European prime time when the Brit TS must swell that there would be plenty of PvP marks to be had.  

Buster (only defeatist when nudged!)

I could but why should I bother? Or anyone else for that matter? You guys will have a really fun time fighting AI I'm sure.

Without someone to organise them (read, me or someone else involved up there) nothing will happen and as I said earlier, I'm busy tomorrow and I'm not cancelling my plans for multiflippers. I reserve effort for people I respect.

45 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

you dont have time to defend ports because of the timers you mean? 

ouch

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Yeah 'cus all the French clans have all their players in the US.... Sure thing bud.

yeah and all our ports are on 3-6? no

and MRF actually has Americans in our clan so we can show up to our own ports. 

But you have American clans in the Brittish nation too dont you? they can perfectly fine attack in the gulf 

21 hours ago, Landsman said:

Doesn't really make sense to be honest... if your nation owns 1/3 ports of the map ( assuming perfect balance for the sake of this hypothesis ) then you have only 2/3 of the map to attack, while currently your nation would own 1/11, being able to attack 10/11... it's the same with PvP as redii already mentioned - less allies = more targets. Also having only 3 big players in the game would make it a bit boring imo...

Sure it does make sense...  at any time of the day your nation has more players online with a good possibility there will be enough for rvr.  Right now with 11 nations during off peak hours we have 200 players online... whats that 40-50 gb, 30-40 pirates and the rest scattered through all 9 other nations some likely with not more than a handful of players online.

On 2.03.2018 at 4:13 PM, admin said:

There are two ways were are considering

• Give an option to start changing the timer for the enemy and also an option for a port holder to react (using war supplies for pvp marks for example). This will provoke and create economy wars (which is good).
  • Much cheaper and faster alternative, keeping the control with the port owner. Just make the timer cost pvp marks, lets say 20 per day or just raise the price to an appropriate amount in gold (not the amount that can be gained by killing three rookie brigs), some areas will be outside of the control still but it will be a lot more expensive to maintain. as current cost of the timer is ridiculous

You should simply separate map into sections which have timers in different hours. This way you will make map smaller, and action can eg. move from W to E with time. Example:

• Swedish, Danish, French ports - 16-22,
  • Haiti, Kuba - 19-1
  • West coast, Jukatan - 23-4
  • Mexican bay - 2-7

People could go to action based on the hour of the day. Map in reality would get smaller this way, which is good.

Then, with a system like this, you could have an eco wars to switch timers for certain ports to different ones. That's important eg. for Cartagena and Copper ports, but not others.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Beats me how people have time to play the game and forums as much as they do then complain about content.  

We've done everything they asked.

• Provide top quality content (hostility mission battles) :D
  • Shallow port battle fights (neutral port battles)

They shouldn't complain! They're being good carebears.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

37 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

We've done everything they asked.

• Provide top quality content (hostility mission battles) :D
  • Shallow port battle fights (neutral port battles)

They shouldn't complain! They're being good carebears.

flips a port

owner of port makes port neutral

owner of port calls us carebears

like lol wtf

• Like 5