Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

5 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

No, not yet. Only cap I know is 16 knots for top speed, do you happen do know the others for hit points and thickness?

The ship can be repaired by 50% with 4 crew bonus, captain's perk, 4 books and 2 upgrades. I did not find any more items that can increase the repair in the game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Felix Victor said:

No, not yet. Only cap I know is 16 knots for top speed, do you happen do know the others for hit points and thickness?

Only integrity caps were increased for hull structure and thickness. as far as i remember they were increased by 10 % (absolute increase)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Only integrity caps were increased for hull structure and thickness. as far as i remember they were increased by 10 % (absolute increase)

Can you please announce latest hard caps, all of them including the changes. It is really difficult to find anywhere aside from some old outdated posts.

• Like 2

not that it matters that much, but there seems to be a slight discrepancy between speed, turn and hp values:endy.thumb.png.030b54d6feb43af6b4d27ee79831cbe4.png

no books installed, i do believe i managed to select the right woods and port boni. hold difference due to cargo perk.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:23 PM, Durin said:

discrepancy between speed, turn and hp values

Thanks for the report.

• speed: map speed values are always estimates, cannot change it
  • turn rate: new data, will be deployed with the next upgrade (coming soon)
  • hit points: calculation corrected, will be deployed with the next upgrade (coming soon)

Rounding differences will continue to happen.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2019 at 2:05 AM, admin said:

After the next upgrade, the map considers the following caps:

• Armor thickness 40%
  • Armour hit points 40%
  • Mast thickness 30%
  • Mast hit points 30%
  • Turn rate 25%
  • Max speed 16 knots

I am not sure whether or not the mast caps should also be 40%?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

v9 2019-12-08 (celebrating the third year of the map)

• improved colour scheme
  • compare ships: ship and wind directions can be set to read and compare the (theoretical) speeds
  • list ship blueprints: costs for extracting materials and crafting seasoned woods added
  • lot of minor changes and updates

Expect some bugs here and there. Make journey does atm not take wood changes into account.

Screenshot_2019-12-08 Naval Action map.png

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated beta version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• frontlines: shows available ports for an attacking or defending nation, use Select ports on | Frontlines

The data is based on the shortest distances between all ports, taking land but not shallows into account (exceptions shallow water channels between Salamanca and Congrios as well as between Siguanea and Santa Fe, Isla de Pinos). As the game uses AI fleet routes which are not the shortest distances, the result may differ. For example, Charles Town is closer to Aves than Basse-Terre. The latter is attackable but not the former.

Please test and report possible differences. Please also indicate whether or not you want this feature on the map although it is not and never will be fully accurate. 😀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tea Bag said:

Absolutely the best map out there great job. But always a but, the port battle circles the a,b and c what do they mean and there are some other things in the circle what are they 🙂

946610d6df922fedd2a26fe5d8858308.png

A B C are the Port Battle circles.

Red 1/2 squares are where square forts are going to be located if built.

Black 1/2 circles are tower locations, if built

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

v9.1 2020-01-29

• Frontlines added, use Select ports on | Frontlines (distances are an approximation as I do not have the AI routes, Charles Town is closer to Aves than Basse-Terre although the latter is attackable in the game but not the former)
  • Trades uses shortest distances considering land
  • Some bugs fixed
  • Server scripts completely re-written (node instead of bash), expect some bugs in updating the map
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3