Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

10 hours ago, Felix Victor said:

Updated beta version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• Port battles zones, forts and towers are named/numbered

Looks strange on Firefox, will check it. Please test whether you can confirm the numbers 🥂

@rediii @HamBlower

the A circle is clearly labelled.

seems B and C "circle" is now invisible or not showing.

for reference:

Screenshot_189.png

Hi Felix -- I bow down to you -- the work you are doing with this map is phenomenal.

I am tinkering around with the Naval Action API data and I have a question (I am developing NavalGaming.com for the US).

It appears that you have access to real-time data, like port hostility levels and port battle results. From where do you get that data? Also, where do you get port timer data?

To do this you'd have to have a list of attackable ports per port in the api, then you could cross reference who the owning country was, but I don't remember there being a list of attackable ports in the ports api file...

Edited by woodenfish

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

frontline mechanic

You are not the first asking for it.

I have made a list based on the direct distances between county capitals but it is not correct. After the wipe missions from Tumbado were available for Santa Fe (201k distance) but not for Salamanca (178k). Barberouge hinted something about regional shapes or deep water routes but nothing specific. As long as the devs do not disclose their algorithm I can't add it. As I said earlier a half right list does more harm than no list at all.

@adminare you willing or able to give more details about the front lines?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Spikes said:

That is the biggest issue imo, there isn't a clear-cut definition. There are 7-ish capitals and 2 free ports that are closer to Les Cayes and not across the sea, but Santa Marta was allowed to pull missions because the Dutch had a lot of ports (but the number is unknown as to the required number to start pulling random missions).

It's just simple. 3 closest enemy county capitals. The range is estimated by closest sea route.
For example we have Campeche, the nearest counties are all Russian so the nearest attackable capitals are Salamanca, Pinar del Rio (sic!) and Belize. For Veracruz it's the same ports, though Omoa is closer to it by straight line (as raven fly).

So in case of Santa Marta Les Cayes are nearest county. The other two is Portobelo and Old Providence/Pedro Cay I guess

Hi @Felix Victor,

Could you add the following fields to your ships.json from the NA API file:

Premium (bool): true=Premium (DLC) ship
ShipType (int): 0=combat ship, 1=trade ship

I could merge that data from the NA API into your data, but I like your processed API data a lot better and it would be handy to have that information all in one dataset. 

On 7/17/2019 at 1:12 PM, Felix Victor said:

I avoid manual intervention and will not add the requested fields. If the devs were to add this information to api data I would be happy to oblige.

These fields are in the API.