Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

@Felix Victor not sure if its just me, but the Map doesnt seem to work correctly anymore. and Essex with Teak/Fir  vs Teak/White Oak has the same Health and Thickness now. I tried it with several ships. looks like it does  calculate the differernces between the Woods anymore

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Meraun said:

@Felix Victor not sure if its just me, but the Map doesnt seem to work correctly anymore. and Essex with Teak/Fir  vs Teak/White Oak has the same Health and Thickness now. I tried it with several ships. looks like it does  calculate the differernces between the Woods anymore

Thanks for the report. Hotfix will come asap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Have you thought about adding gun weight and repairs weight when comparing ships?

Yes. I decided against it as the modal already contains so much information and I do not want to add more selects such as for cannons. There are some spreadsheets around for this, a very good one from @SS Minnow, for example.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the great site. While trying around with the mods i noticed to thing that might need double checking, one the Rudder Half Time seems to go higher and not lower when adding improving mods and the splitter protection boni might have the wrong decimal (they all seem to add only below 1% boni, even when the in game stats say 5 or 7%). But keep up the great work.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, balticsailor said:

Many thanks for the great site. While trying around with the mods i noticed to thing that might need double checking, one the Rudder Half Time seems to go higher and not lower when adding improving mods and the splitter protection boni might have the wrong decimal (they all seem to add only below 1% boni, even when the in game stats say 5 or 7%). But keep up the great work.

Thanks for the report. Can you give me concrete examples, please?

Doctor Bloods Chest has 0.07 Boni (7%) but doesn't seem to add any to splinter protection, if you use it with oak planking you go from 10% to 11% protection, so i guess it might be a rounding thing there.

As for the Rudder Half Time, if i got it right it is the time from no rudder to full rudder (or visa vi) and it should decrease with mods like rum ration but it does increase. For ex sample 3rd oak oak 5 s half time goes to 5.6 s with extra rum. If you take a Fir/ Fir trim (no rum) you get 5.2 s again by my take it the time should be shorter then with Oak/Oak. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, balticsailor said:

Doctor Bloods Chest has 0.07 Boni (7%) but doesn't seem to add any to splinter protection, if you use it with oak planking you go from 10% to 11% protection, so i guess it might be a rounding thing there.

As for the Rudder Half Time, if i got it right it is the time from no rudder to full rudder (or visa vi) and it should decrease with mods like rum ration but it does increase. For ex sample 3rd oak oak 5 s half time goes to 5.6 s with extra rum. If you take a Fir/ Fir trim (no rum) you get 5.2 s again by my take it the time should be shorter then with Oak/Oak. 

Thanks. Will check.

Hi Feilx,

Ship Blueprint --> select any ship ( it dosent matter ) 

select Mahogany / Mahogany 

and u get the resources overview.

image.png.f9a0fb7097b98376ef9162d607dd67b9.png

then switch the second wood type to (for example) fir. 

It seems, after change the second wood type,  that the values are not recalculated.

Value of Mahogany change , but not of Fir-Wood.

it seems only oak and fir not recalculated ??  when u change the second wood type. 

image.png.594595171c8fa08b8328399fb0f7c10d.png

Edited by asdf
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, balticsailor said:

v8.11.8. Well spotted.

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1