Game-Labs Forum
Felix Victor

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Da Hool said:

Seems you were not notified by GL nor even earned any credits. Shame on you poor devs. 

To be fair: admin asked me a while ago whether I needed anything. I asked for more data 😮

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

hey Felix

is it possible to show in your map which fort and which tower is number 1 and number 2 in port defence?

Edited by HamBlower

58 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

hey Felix

is it possible to show in your map which fort and which tower is number 1 and number 2 in port defence?

Make a test case and report positions for at least 2 ports and I will do my best

• Like 1

Hi Felix, 

here are a few suggestions that could be added:

When you click on a port that displayed, for which ports you can make hostility from that port?

When you click on a port, that displayed what Port improvements have done. e.g. New ressources like Wood ? With colors you can show if only clan/friends or free for all?

When you click on a port, that displayed what Passengers / Cargo delivery are available?!

1 hour ago, asdf said:

Hi Felix, 

here are a few suggestions that could be added:

When you click on a port that displayed, for which ports you can make hostility from that port?

When you click on a port, that displayed what Port improvements have done. e.g. New ressources like Wood ? With colors you can show if only clan/friends or free for all?

When you click on a port, that displayed what Passengers / Cargo delivery are available?!

Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly, such data is not available through the API. And the distance calculation is not disclosed, it is not the direct line (see messages above in this thread)

• Like 2

good job with map 👍👍👍👍👍👍

@Felix Victor Does the API have current port battles in it? It would be nice to have an option on the Select Ports On dropdown that showed a list of all port battle schedules. Or maybe I'm missing something...

@Wraith

Rude question, are you and @Felix Victor playing together?

His map must carry a link to your wiki revival page.

Before in years gone by I built excel ships similar to NA-Craft giving a close cost of build. Could this type of thing be built into your products?

Norfolk

14 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

close cost of build. Could this type of thing be built into your products?

Could do but I am busy grinding atm 🦙

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Could do but I am busy grinding atm 🦙

What do you need ingame, there would be a long list of ppl ready to gift you stuff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Custard said:

What do you need ingame, there would be a long list of ppl ready to gift you stuff

Anything, really. I am a crafter, a collector of books and a fighter.

Pirate Rig and Elite Pirate Rig are missing from the Permanent when comparing ships via the tool?

8 hours ago, Le Vagabond said:

Pirate Rig and Elite Pirate Rig are missing from the Permanent when comparing ships via the tool?

I cannot calculate the effect of Pirate and Spanish rig.

• Like 1

Ship blueprint data is incorrect, as seen in below screenshot, the Sabicu Log count is different then in the game, it was like this for several ships I checked were like this.

e6099262ef.jpg

12 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

This is a rounding error which can't be rectified.

game consume less than it indicates in a lot of cases.

@Felix Victor could you describe how the ship crafting resource quantities are calculated for each ship, frame and planking type? I'd like to that info on the wiki page. Perhaps something like a base cost plus a modifier based on planking or frame type? I would not list all possible combinations on the wiki, as I think this is better solved with an interactive tool like you have already made on your site. 

Cheers,

van Veen

26 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Not a calculation, but contained in API data. It is roughly dependend on the ship mass. https://na-map.netlify.com/data/ships.json

Thank you for replying so quickly!

I might be a little bit stupid, but the link provided contains all ship stats, but not the crafting resources.

And then the question was how different wood types for frame and planking affect these quantities. 

34 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

@Felix Victor Could you include option to see front lines aka which port can be attacked from where? Also including the magic portals created by control of all nearby regions. There is currently no known tool to check all of that other than manually going to port and checking.

According to admin, once all 3 nearby regions are taken by one nation, you can attack 4th closest region (?) - Les Cayes scenario.

There are exceptions to this though, for example being able to attack the secret islands from Marsh before taking all of the Bahama capitals, etc. Unfortunately there's no way to tell how many of these exceptions there are and how exactly this has been implemented.

• Like 1