Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

I colored where the nations own ports and currently they are the "unconquerable" ones.

some players on the testbed have taken some conquerable ports.

Neutral ports have 6 Neutral AI ships to defend it when you take them (can vary as I have only popped 2 PBs on the testbed)

Screenshot 2017-09-05 15.25.55.png

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

Is Kidd's the other pirate safe zone? I was on testbed but i didn't sail there... 

No. On the test bed Kidd's is Nuetral at the map start and will revert back to Nuetral if no clan pays to maintain the three ports. yes, I went to the trouble of sailing there and visiting all three ports on the tested.

Pirates are listed as HARD nation to play. Having a 100% secure production and PVE base in the middle of nowhere would clearly move Pirates into EASY nation mode.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bach said:

Pirates are listed as HARD nation to play. Having a 100% secure production and PVE base in the middle of nowhere would clearly move Pirates into EASY nation mode.

I simply don't understand that easy-hard mode discussion at all. Is not the player base the main factor which makes a nation "easier" or "harder" to play? And beside that, the difficulty is the same I guess for all players, or is this just the discussion to make AI combat easier for "easy" nations? Just the RVR part depends strongly on player numbers and this is a part not all players care about. There are a lot of solo / pvp hunters out who don't mind about RVR that much. In my opinion this topic gets way too much attention.

The main focus should be on a good gameplay experience in daily tasks.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 4:19 AM, admin said:

map reset only

Thank you for the info.

like you did for the previous total reset/asset wipe, will you provide some guidance as to how to "protect" our assets/OP's/buildings? At first glance,  it looks like most of them will end up in neutral/free ports, so it might not be a big deal. Otherwise, let us know how to proceed.

3 hours ago, mikawa said:

I simply don't understand that easy-hard mode discussion at all. Is not the player base the main factor which makes a nation "easier" or "harder" to play? And beside that, the difficulty is the same I guess for all players, or is this just the discussion to make AI combat easier for "easy" nations? Just the RVR part depends strongly on player numbers and this is a part not all players care about. There are a lot of solo / pvp hunters out who don't mind about RVR that much. In my opinion this topic gets way too much attention.

Indeed. And to achieve this you need cheap ships and open battles to join. 

It's very, very simple.

4 hours ago, mikawa said:

The difficulty rating is a very very rough idea of what you can expect if you choose to play that nation. It is reasonable to give new players some idea of the game play experience each nation likely has to offer before they choose a nation.  I believe that is all the Devs are trying to do with the difficulty rating.   

A solo/pvp hunter may not mind about RvR. But he probably will mind about long sails to targets. He will mind knowing which ports have easy targets and which will be very hard to assault solo. Nations with uncapturable ports near the center of the map offer short sails from home ports which require less preplanning. In this aspect they are likely to be easier to play.  Target nations that are considered easy, like Spain, has a reinforcement secured set of home ports all the way over in the gulf. This area of Spain is Easy for Spanish PVE/econ but makes it HARD for solo pirate players to assault it due to distance and larger swatch of reinforcement ports.  Sweden is hard mode and only get two home ports.  A solo pirate hunter would find that Swedish players have less protection and less possible travel routes than Spanish players. This makes Sweden a HARDER nation to play and an easier one to be assaulted by lone pirates.  Now Swedish player could turn this whole thing around by capturing all the port around them so the difficulty rating isn't a guarantee.  But just x10 ports would cost the Swedes 1mil gold per day and none but the 2 home ports come with reinforcements. Plus anytime Swedish clans hop to another game those captured ports revert back to neutral.

Anyway, you get the idea, its about guiding new players expectations of game experience.  I would imagine if a mostly PVE oriented player joins Sweden, gets stomped daily by solo pirate hunters that he will quit the game in short order. But if the difficulty rating causes him to choose Spain and he stays in the game because he is ganked less then it will have done its job.

9 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Letting jamaica to britain is still a problem as it's on center on the map the only uncaptaurable area. All natio should have uncapturable area around their capital but not like that in the middle of map

So what you propose is that only KPR should be uncapturable, the remaining ports of Jamaica could be? Do you accept the same to Martinique, you only keep Fort Royal?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

No problem. The problem is not the port uncapturable but their localisation on middle of map

Agreed - it poses an issue both for British carebears who find themselves among the most prolific targets - just check combat news to see that the area is hunted by nearly all nations, and also to RvR groups on all sides - their centralization means they can spread out most efficiently post wipe, while also being on the best position to oppose expansion by other factions in areas other than the extreme western regions of the gulf and the south eastern French/Swedish region. Conversely the swedes cannot expand in any direction without enveloping at least 1 foreign capitol, exacerbated by limited range of host missions. "Breaking out" for the swedes would require leapfrogging to Haiti or panama as done previously.

21 hours ago, Siegfried said:

Sorry, I lost the track about the news about the next patch and this thread is too long for search.

Please, can someone tell me how can a clan to control an uncapturable national port? A battle where only national clans can fight?

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22597-patch-monday-urgent/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-464689

On 7.09.2017 at 1:30 PM, fox2run said:

Indeed. And to achieve this you need cheap ships and open battles to join. 

It's very, very simple.

No, it's not simple. We had open battles and cheap ships before. It only gives lack of purpose and uneven fights with many possible exploits. What is needed are incentive systems to make players create fun encounters which are meaningful (change something in a game world). There are multiple ways to do this and to screw this. It's not simple. 

• Like 3

On 7.9.2017 at 1:30 PM, fox2run said:

and open battles to join. 

You know, you have my support with the fight for more PVP.

But "open battles to join" does as much harm as good. Sure, there would be some more PVP, but it drags glorious PVP down to a mouthbreather level. 

• Like 5