Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

4 hours ago, Lord Reginald said:

Say, do you know when this next change is going to come about regarding Nassau being Pirate capital

Thou shalt not mention the P word here.

On 8/22/2017 at 10:07 PM, admin said:

Stay on topic - last warning. If you are interested in talking about pirates - start your thread in suggestions.

Please use http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22451-the-pirate-nation/

(Ironically the mods censored my earlier advice, giving way to Lord Reginald's question again. Can we keep this one standing? ^_^)

Edited by Skully

I do not understand why clans will capture ports, except for one case

The port is going to buy Iron Ingots and Iron Fittings.  :D

For example.

There are 105462 Iron Ingots  in Hat Island. If tax set 30% then income from Iron Ingots equal 105462*260*0.3=8226036.

260 is price in sell column in port shop.

And port will not buy Iron Ingots about 4-5 months.  If clan is going to keep port then maintenance will equal 4*30*500000=60000000.  60000000>8226036

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, qw569 said:

There are 105462 Iron Ingots  in Hat Island. If tax set 30% then income from Iron Ingots equal 105462*260*0.3=8226036. And port will not buy Iron Ingots about 4-5 months.  If clan is going to keep port then maintenance will equal 4*30*500000=60000000.  60000000>8226036

But the investment to make that happen would be roughly 10000000 (105462 * 100.95 (ex lh) - 'initial profit').

It also means dumping Iron Fittings at the price of 1, before which surely a buyer will pop into port.

Just now, Skully said:

But the investment to make that happen would be roughly 10000000 (105462 * 100.95 (ex lh) - 'initial profit').

It also means dumping Iron Fittings at the price of 1, before which surely a buyer will pop into port.

Maybe you don't understand me :)

My profit is tax rate.

My clan QW Hevy Industry capture Hat Island. Traders sail to port and sell Iron Ingots and my clan get income. I don't matter how much money traders spend to craft Iron Ingots.

3 minutes ago, qw569 said:

My clan QW Hevy Industry capture Hat Island. Traders sail to port and sell Iron Ingots and my clan get income. I don't matter how much money traders spend to craft Iron Ingots.

After the initial triple Indiamen trader does his drop, the price of Iron Ingots will drop to 1. Can you do a recalculation of your profit? ^_^

22 minutes ago, Skully said:

After the initial triple Indiamen trader does his drop, the price of Iron Ingots will drop to 1. Can you do a recalculation of your profit? ^_^

You can sell Iron Ingots until restart server.

Edited by qw569

31 minutes ago, qw569 said:

You can sell Iron Ingots until restart server.

Grand. :lol:

On 6/30/2017 at 2:35 PM, Skully said:

The bad:

• same bugs as last year
  • new bugs

When will the lottery bug be properly fixed? 

On 25/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, Slamz said:

Random thought of the day:

All current "free ports" become permanent pirate ports. They cannot be captured. Pirates get free outposts in all of them and can teleport between them (captain only -- no ships, as usual).

Pirates cannot capture ports.

This turns Pirates into, well, pirates. Points of threat all over the map, free outposts, but OW PvP-only.

Any current pirates who want RvR would simply join a nation. (Conversely, anyone who does not care about RvR would probably join pirates.)

I like most of what Slamz says here, only I think that a free outpost in every freetown could be excessive, why not think of choosing let´s say, 5 of them?

11 minutes ago, Red Dragon 13 said:
On 25.8.2017 at 10:46 PM, Slamz said:

Random thought of the day:

All current "free ports" become permanent pirate ports. They cannot be captured. Pirates get free outposts in all of them and can teleport between them (captain only -- no ships, as usual).

Pirates cannot capture ports.

This turns Pirates into, well, pirates. Points of threat all over the map, free outposts, but OW PvP-only.

Any current pirates who want RvR would simply join a nation. (Conversely, anyone who does not care about RvR would probably join pirates.)

I like most of what Slamz says here, only I think that a free outpost in every freetown could be excessive, why not think of choosing let´s say, 5 of them?

In every freetown is excessive indeed and 5 is not enough... it's easy really, just give them 8 but they have to pay every slot just like nationals.

On 2017-08-21 at 11:20 PM, admin said:

• All uncapturable major regions will provide protection to players of their nation (minor regions and all other towns will not provide this protection)
      • If the player is attacked in that region he will be able to call to heavy reinforcements that will spawn within 500m of the player with the only goal - get his enemies to the bottom of the sea. 
      • Reinforcement fleets will be sufficiently buffed to both defend a player and not let the enemy escape.
      • Skilled captains will of course be able to sink the person who they attack (if they bring good numbers) but they will sink too giving some closure to the defender if he sank.

So this makes me wonder. As a swedish player, how will this be around gustavia since the gustavia area of protection is quite small or atleast appear so due to 3/4 of it is on land?

I know all the jibberjabber about sweden being awfully hard but we might also want new players to thrive. As people who lives in Sweden (IRL) sometimes only want to play as Sweden and therefore won't start out in an easier nation just to switch nation once their level is high enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

In every freetown is excessive indeed and 5 is not enough... it's easy really, just give them 8 but they have to pay every slot just like nationals.

yes, there is nothing wrong with the pay system with outposts as it is now.

It would actually be 9 in total with Nassau being the only pirate port to buy from admiralty/pirate den. Lets not forget though that there will be neutral regions to facilitate international trade which pirates will have access to.

Edited by Johnny Rotten

24 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

It would actually be 9 in total with Nassau being the only pirate port to buy from admiralty/pirate den. Lets not forget though that there will be neutral regions to facilitate international trade which pirates will have access to.

I hope we will be able to teleport from freetowns to Nassau then.

3 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

idk, I suppose it would be "hard mode" but I'd hate to think thats what they mean by it...

EDIT : saying that, would nationals get the TP to freetown also?

Edited by Johnny Rotten

1 hour ago, Captain Lust said:

Freetowns the few that will be left still won't be able to telport to so why would that change?   Now neutral towns are going to be a thing, but unlike in the past pirates now can use them. In the past ports like Pitt's which was the last Neutral town all Nationals (except pirates) could use.  My clan used it as it's base before we went Pirate when we where US.  It was great spot to raid the US.   With that though I can all ready see the great use of Neutral towns.  You go raid a port close to where you want and set it up as neutral and get folks to come trade there and well that means more targets to hunt.  You can also take important ports like Flatts in Bermuda, set up killer taxes for all nations and than just enjoy the rewards as it's the only port you can get cedar from.  Since it's neutral instead of pirates any one can use it.

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Freetowns the few that will be left still won't be able to telport to so why would that change?   Now neutral towns are going to be a thing, but unlike in the past pirates now can use them. In the past ports like Pitt's which was the last Neutral town all Nationals (except pirates) could use.  My clan used it as it's base before we went Pirate when we where US.  It was great spot to raid the US.   With that though I can all ready see the great use of Neutral towns.  You go raid a port close to where you want and set it up as neutral and get folks to come trade there and well that means more targets to hunt.  You can also take important ports like Flatts in Bermuda, set up killer taxes for all nations and than just enjoy the rewards as it's the only port you can get cedar from.  Since it's neutral instead of pirates any one can use it.

It was about a suggestion from another comment...

1 minute ago, Captain Lust said:

It was about a suggestion from another comment...

I'm going to bet since this isn't all what the last post was talking about and only part of that concept we prob won't see Mort or any other main ports moved.  Though it makes me wonder if the other nations are getting moved more to the coast lines than wonder where they would move pirates.  Kidd's maybe would be more a pick away from the center, but that is so far away.  Nassau is a shallow port so it would need to be either made deep water (which it was real life) or something else needs to be picked.  Though I would be fine with kidds.  Pirates should never be a starting nation for any new players, should be something you become in game, but that is a topic for another discussion as this is not about any pirates mechanics.   

Hopefully they will have the stuff ready for testbed soon or @admin any luck on getting a map of the region/port changes for this patch any time soon?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hopefully they will have the stuff ready for testbed soon or @admin any luck on getting a map of the region/port changes for this patch any time soon?

Would like to know this aswell. I understand the mechanics and stuff needs work but the map should be easy.

• Like 1

The clan-controlled towns may be realistic, but I feel that the whole system will go down in flames. Clans in the same nation may start to have rivalries, and jack up tariffs so high that trade in that region is completely unprofitable. Additionally, allowing clans to set defense levels for regions (I know it's a possibility and not concrete) could mean that many regions have barely any defense, and the critical regions have unbeatable massive fleets barring access to other nations. I feel that people will abuse the system of defense, and trading might become even harder than it already is...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AimForTheKnees said:

The clan-controlled towns may be realistic, but I feel that the whole system will go down in flames. Clans in the same nation may start to have rivalries, and jack up tariffs so high that trade in that region is completely unprofitable. Additionally, allowing clans to set defense levels for regions (I know it's a possibility and not concrete) could mean that many regions have barely any defense, and the critical regions have unbeatable massive fleets barring access to other nations. I feel that people will abuse the system of defense, and trading might become even harder than it already is...

Good comment, but I think this is why there is a new function (tax) so it encourages trade, if your clan wants its tax it will get traders to come to them and even possibly protect them whilst in those waters cause if you don't then people won't trade there 

48 minutes ago, Destraex said:

Reduce this too much. Nobody has anything to do in six months.

well....... if you sail only a surprise like pirates do.......(Huu-Uuh....how on earth is that possible -_- )

you are done in two weeks...

how about that....and that is allowed..and other casuals are allowed nothing.

ohw ...and i have plenty to do...after two months i have only one slot open from the indefatigable still 30 ships to go...it is to much for the first 4 slots

Edited by Thonys

47 minutes ago, Destraex said:

Are the knowledge books really that powerful? The game I don't think, can offer no progress and no advantage to people. It has to allow some progress.

I would say yes and no, they can give you a big edge over some one that doesn't have the slots open, but also I captered a 4-5 slot ship from some one that had no clue how to manual sail still.  He just did a lot of AI grinding and my 2 slot ship raped him, but that was more player skill than opened slots.  Though you add the two together it can be nasty over some one with 1 or no slots, but most folks that don't have slots open are prob going to be less on par than some one that took the time to build, mod and grind out a ship.     It's like any MMO, your going to have folks that grind out epic events, dungeons and so far and if you match them up against some one that never don these stuff and is still in basic gear they are prob going to great creamed.  Just to prove this once I took my maxed out char on a game and fought some one with basic gear, slaughtered him.  Than I took the gear off and pretty much fought him naked,  Slaughtered him again but not as fast.   It was just to show that skill means a lot but add in skill and gear your deadly to some one that has neither. 

Now the problem I seen with the skill slots is that for some one like me that plays a lot cause I'm semi retired right now and not working I have time to grind, but even the high teir ships just are a pain and turns me off from playing.  Some of the first few slots on SOL"s are enough xp to level up your char two times over.  What is the last slot on the 1st rates 100K? Don't know I still haven't made it past doing my first slot on my Vict on one char and l'Ocean on the other cause of the grind and how bad fleets missions are or even the solo ones.  I normally got tons of xp in port battles, but when no one shows and you get more xp for PvE fights than PvP than why bother?  It's only 80K to max out your chars level.  I think some of the grind is way to much.  You should be able to get the first slot on any ship after one or two missions/fights as that is saying you have basic knowledge of that ship.  Than get the 2-3 slots fairly easily as that is a norm according to the Devs average player should be able to easily unlock 2-3 slots.   The 4th and 5th can take a good while, fine with that, even be more cool if the 5th slot could only be unlocked through PvP play and can be unlocked with the 1st two easily if that is all you do is PvP.