Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

35 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

How would u know if Pirates crying about the NATIONALs blockading Mort ?

14C6AC77E8D38770DE046A1F0CC3635BDC3129D7

Puppies to the west, pussies to the north. :P

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

... because it was on Global...?  And the Brits sailed past me...  We chatted a bit too.

You lot really need to get this idea of "super mod powers" out of your heads.  They simply don't exist.

Edit:  But, I'm glad you confirmed that it was also going on in nation chat.  That means morale is being sapped, and the blockade was effective.

LOL!!!!! why would a MOD for a development team want morale to be sapped from another team ??? see my point ? Its all about perception and how you put it out there, yes true you play and should and have a blast and besides we like trying to catch you , but some of the things you gents (MOD team)have been putting out there sure gives some of the community a sense of "Wow is that being BIASED ???"

I know what u are dealing with...been there and done that and threw up on the Tshirt...sucks...but dam it I hear it on TS see it on chat and even say it myself sometimes about the perception of the MODs

6 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

LOL!!!!! why would a MOD for a development team want morale to be sapped from another team ??? see my point ? Its all about perception and how you put it out there, yes true you play and should and have a blast and besides we like trying to catch you , but some of the things you gents (MOD team)have been putting out there sure gives some of the community a sense of "Wow is that being BIASED ???"

I know what u are dealing with...been there and done that and threw up on the Tshirt...sucks...but dam it I hear it on TS see it on chat and even say it myself sometimes about the perception of the MODs

So, first you accuse me of abusing mod abilities (which don't exist), then when it's pointed out that you're making baseless accusations, you shift to something else to attack me on?

Alright, let's play.  In my experience, morale in this game is a zero-sum game.  As one goes up, another goes down.  The very thread we are commenting on shows that the pirates, in particular your own clan, BLACK, suffer from an excess of morale.  By bleeding it out a bit, other factions that currently have a low morale can regain theirs.

The very reason I focus on pirates right now is because I want a healthy game.  That's why I focused on the Brits before, when I figured they were the power to beat, and the US before that (immediately post-wipe, when the US was the power to beat pre-wipe, as I understood it at the time).

Once a new power to beat pops up, I'll probably focus on them.  But maybe not.  Your clan in particular seems to try to make an enemy of me ;)  And Pirates as a whole seem to have some serious issues with accusing moderators of hacking and exploiting.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

So, first you accuse me of abusing mod abilities (which don't exist), then when it's pointed out that you're making baseless accusations, you shift to something else to attack me on?

Alright, let's play.  In my experience, morale in this game is a zero-sum game.  As one goes up, another goes down.  The very thread we are commenting on shows that the pirates, in particular your own clan, BLACK, suffer from an excess of morale.  By bleeding it out a bit, other factions that currently have a low morale can regain theirs.

The very reason I focus on pirates right now is because I want a healthy game.  That's why I focused on the Brits before, when I figured they were the power to beat, and the US before that (immediately post-wipe, when the US was the power to beat pre-wipe, as I understood it at the time).

Once a new power to beat pops up, I'll probably focus on them.  But maybe not.  Your clan in particular seems to try to make an enemy of me ;)  And Pirates as a whole seem to have some serious issues with accusing moderators of hacking and exploiting.

Moderating sucks...that's why I encouraged my guys to only use the Known MOD tag for duties specific to the role and never give any wrong preceptions...unintentional..just helps. different time and world

Just saying :)....

Just now, Mike the Mongel said:

Moderating sucks...that's why I encouraged my guys to only use the Known MOD tag for duties specific to the role and never give any wrong preceptions...unintentional..just helps. different time and world

Just saying :)....

Having a green name isn't under my control.  Mod powers mean green name.  However, this is the second time I've been accused of exploits in two days, and The Red Duke was yesterday as well.  All by pirates.  However, BLACK should know better.

@koltes, @Sir Texas Sir, care to weigh in on this?

1 hour ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Pirates are currently crying about a blockade around Mortimer Town...  Of course, the next step would be to actually start stripping them of ports, so they cannot simply teleport elsewhere.

Not sure how effective that will be since the closest port of the group blockading them was a 90 min sail away. 

18 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Attacking people that seem to be afk and run away when they raise sails isn't pvp. Also jumping in people's mission and shooting sails and stern while ai does all the work isn't pvp. If you guys call that blockading then I'm not worried. 

You apparently haven't been logged in or paying attention. 

30 minutes ago, Vllad said:

Not sure how effective that will be since the closest port of the group blockading them was a 90 min sail away.

They using Atwood and La Tortue as bases to work out of....got word that ALTs buying the bigger ships from RATs in Mort and taking them to La Tortue and handing them over so they didn't have to sail all that distance to get good ships close

5 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

They using Atwood and La Tortue as bases to work out of....got word that ALTs buying the bigger ships from RATs in Mort and taking them to La Tortue and handing them over so they didn't have to sail all that distance to get good ships close

Never underestimate the power of greed and the need to pvp. 

Ultimately it doesn't really matter. France has been operating out of Neutral ports for weeks now and can continue to do so from now until the server shuts down. We are spread out from Great Corn, La Tortue to Tumbado. For hungry pvpers no amount of sail time is too big to over come. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vllad said:

Never underestimate the power of greed and the need to pvp.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter. France has been operating out of Neutral ports for weeks now and can continue to do so from now until the server shuts down. We are spread out from Great Corn, La Tortue to Tumbado. For hungry pvpers no amount of sail time is too big to over come.

True that :)

Personally, I'm enjoying it. I don't real global much anymore because it has gotten toxic, but i know in our TS no one is complaining .... most are actually excited about the PVP opportunitys. Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but when I lose a ship, or get jumped, or in a PVP... if I loose, i'm just as happy as when I win, i learn and don't make the mistake again. I got comfortable around Mort, and that was my bad, you guys are keeping me on my toes and making the game fun for me personally.

Last night PVP with King of Crowns and his lot was a freaking blast. the reverse tag put me smack in the middle of the enemy fleet... my slow computer brings me to the battle screen to the sounds of cannon and timber being ripped from my ship, i get to full sails, dish out some damage and snake out of the battle group, pop a repair while taking water and sail away to beam reach... my ship still getting riddled, adrenaline going and i'm laughing and enjoying the game for the first time in awhile... I almost get away... I went the direction my team said to look around and see no one to assist and KoC , aster and a crap load of ships in chase... aster goes for a stern rake, i deny and give one back... KoC gets in gun reach, cuts over and sends a broadside my way... water comes back up after finally being sent down to a third, I sink... GG! GG indeed. was a lot of fun, i was able to spectate and see how everyone handled their ships, the fighting formations, and the strats used.. learned a lot...

This is what the game should be... after the fight, there was compliments... GG's all around, and friendly jabs... we can all play and be civil and have fun... it showed me a glimmer of hope for this game. The toxic stuff needs to stop, and we need to have more fun gentlemen... see you at sea!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Khyron said:

most are actually excited about the PVP opportunitys. Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but when I lose a ship, or get jumped, or in a PVP... if I loose, i'm just as happy as when I win, i learn

Memorable moments. There are battles that no matter the outcome stay imprinted in the NA memory of each.

OW PvP has the diversity that is seldom found anymore in Conquest, save some notable cases.

It is the bread and butter, the bone and muscle and sinew of PvP servers.

Despite all the taunts, loud banter or misplaced offenses the majority is having a blast I am sure.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Like water unto stone. A drop at a time.

We seen it all Iroquois. Lessons learned and applied.

o7

23 hours ago, Christendom said:

Looks like the BLACK clan alt information campaign out in full force today in brit nation chat.

bb23b53eac04b6d742480b245b161fe8.png

e9da0ac84c67f6116620307e1982a368.png

Clearly they have the best interest of the server in mind  :-)

Are you going to be at the PB tonight?

5 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Having a green name isn't under my control.  Mod powers mean green name.  However, this is the second time I've been accused of exploits in two days, and The Red Duke was yesterday as well.  All by pirates.  However, BLACK should know better.

@koltes, @Sir Texas Sir, care to weigh in on this?

So you admit MODS have powers that normal players don't have?  Every game I been in that has Moderators they did so too.  Including game powers.  I been MODERATOR in a few games over the years and one thing we did was you had two accounts. You had your moderator account with the special powers that you had log in while doing your duty as a moderator and the only time you played the actual game with that account was when doing special events and tournaments set up as judge and event coordinators not as an every day player.  When you do every day play you used your actual player account that has no powers what so every.  I called @The Red Duke out about this last night cause while not accusing him of exploiting, but some one did with some other broken game mechanics that even he admitted has been reported, he pulled his MOD card as soon as some one made that accusation.  Than he pulled the same mod card saying he has a bunch of powers at hand (I assume chat bans type stuff not special in game powers) so I dropped the subject cause I didn't want him to abuse his powers he only selectively wants to use.  Which both of you been in GLOBAL chat when myself and my clan has been accused of exploiting or cheating over and over even to the point folks where calling me Sir Cheater Sir (I wasn't even in the one tribunal battle).  That is a form of harassment and part the very rule your saying folks is breaking by making accusation you ignored when they did it.  One of your job as a moderator is to prevent folks from abusing the rules in chat.  You personally have laughed about it and than blew it off and just keep playing your game.  That is not a very professional image you both give off as Moderators.   That green tag means you should be above the par than the other players and show professionalism.   This why other games do not let there Moderators play with there moderator accounts too.

It's a little hard to trust a moderator that is on one side sitting in a fleet that just used a bad game mechanic that he even admits is broken and been reported many times and than pulls his moderator card. Your job is to be moderators of the forums and game chat not pick one side or the other of a struggle.  To be honest I feel ya'll are more just some ones best buddy that got a green tag cause your special and you abuse it a bit more than you should.   The only thing I ask is ya'll need to tone down some of your comments that aren't game related as a moderator are do what just about every game out there does.  

MODERATORS is not your playing char. And have a separate char for that.

mod·er·a·tor
ˈmädəˌrādər/
noun
plural noun: moderators
  1. 1.
    an arbitrator or mediator.
    "Egypt managed to assert its role as a regional moderator"
    • a presiding officer, especially a chairman of a debate.
    • a Presbyterian minister presiding over an ecclesiastical body.
  2. 2.
    a person who moderates an Internet forum or online discussion.

The only thing I ask of any Mods is to watch how you present yourself when your suppose to be an unbias mediator and moderators of both Global Chat and the Forums is all.  Some times you guys come of very biased about things (mainly in game) cause you are still in your playing Char mode and not being a Moderator roll is all.  I don't know how it is on EU cause i haven't played on there in ages, but from what I remember you didn't see Moderators getting very involved in the fighting or politics in game when I was last playing. Just like I assume the Devs have there own chars they play that aren't named Ink or Admin or have the brow/red name tag to them.  That is cause they separate the roles from there jobs when they play.  Hell for all I know that solo guy with no clan tag that I sanked the other day could been INK For all I know or any one else on the dev team.   

Now for moral of the game.  We where not crushed last night and I'm glad some of the BLACK guys got sunk cause we keep telling them not to go out there and not to go with a half arse mixed fleet of guys with no clue.  IF that was all BLACK members in that fight it would of turned out a lot different.  Not saying we would of won, but the numbers of reds would off been a bit different.  I was in the Gulf doing the NO flip watching two guys twitch the fight.  One of them (on pirates side) I felt so sorry for the guy as it was prob one of his first real PvP fight and i think he made every mistake in the book and got very frustrated and it showed in his fighting.  I'll be honest a lot of the pirates need training and experience.  What I saw was some very good PvPers take on a half scrub team and beat them.  Exactly what BLACK does all the time and I think it was good some of our guys got taken down a notch. If it helps the server Moral that is even a bit better to show folks we can be beat and do loose fights.  

I'm hoping the French do make this a regular thing and we can get some good fights out of it, but I'm also not impressed with there bragging when they clearly knew most of our fleets was up in Bermuda or in the Gulf the last few nights doing other things and than brag about smashing lesser clan/players.   The time will come when a proper fight between the two groups happens and we will see.  I bet you it's going to be a good even skilled match too.  One side or the other might win a few and loose a few, but that is what great about games like this you aren't all ways going to be top dog, some one else will come along eventually and take that spot.

Oh and a few pirates all ready jumped ship to France I heard.  I'm pretty sure they where ex US/GB players so ya'll can have them.   It just blows my mind these guys think they are going to be any better jumping nation.  Maybe they will run out of forge papers and be stuck some where other than in our nation.  Most of these fence jumpers for any nations don't really matter as they weren't the guys out doing PvP and grinding and trying to make there nation healthy in the first place and sooner or later get tired of the game and go off to play something else.  Just think of each of these events for any nation as a good way of cleaning house.  Those that stay and fight get stronger and better.  Those that leave, well you really didn't want them in your nation any way.  Let them go be some one else problem.

Now I'll get off my soap box and go enjoy my family day.....

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So you admit MODS have powers that normal players don't have?  Every game I been in that has Moderators they did so too.  Including game powers.  I been MODERATOR in a few games over the years and one thing we did was you had two accounts. You had your moderator account with the special powers that you had log in while doing your duty as a moderator and the only time you played the actual game with that account was when doing special events and tournaments set up as judge and event coordinators not as an every day player.  When you do every day play you used your actual player account that has no powers what so every.  I called @The Red Duke out about this last night cause while not accusing him of exploiting, but some one did with some other broken game mechanics that even he admitted has been reported, he pulled his MOD card as soon as some one made that accusation.  Than he pulled the same mod card saying he has a bunch of powers at hand (I assume chat bans type stuff not special in game powers) so I dropped the subject cause I didn't want him to abuse his powers he only selectively wants to use.  Which both of you been in GLOBAL chat when myself and my clan has been accused of exploiting or cheating over and over even to the point folks where calling me Sir Cheater Sir (I wasn't even in the one tribunal battle).  That is a form of harassment and part the very rule your saying folks is breaking by making accusation you ignored when they did it.  One of your job as a moderator is to prevent folks from abusing the rules in chat.  You personally have laughed about it and than blew it off and just keep playing your game.  That is not a very professional image you both give off as Moderators.   That green tag means you should be above the par than the other players and show professionalism.   This why other games do not let there Moderators play with there moderator accounts too.

It's a little hard to trust a moderator that is on one side sitting in a fleet that just used a bad game mechanic that he even admits is broken and been reported many times and than pulls his moderator card. Your job is to be moderators of the forums and game chat not pick one side or the other of a struggle.  To be honest I feel ya'll are more just some ones best buddy that got a green tag cause your special and you abuse it a bit more than you should.   The only thing I ask is ya'll need to tone down some of your comments that aren't game related as a moderator are do what just about every game out there does.  

MODERATORS is not your playing char. And have a separate char for that.

mod·er·a·tor
ˈmädəˌrādər/
noun
plural noun: moderators
  1. 1.
    an arbitrator or mediator.
    "Egypt managed to assert its role as a regional moderator"
    • a presiding officer, especially a chairman of a debate.
    • a Presbyterian minister presiding over an ecclesiastical body.
  2. 2.
    a person who moderates an Internet forum or online discussion.

The only thing I ask of any Mods is to watch how you present yourself when your suppose to be an unbias mediator and moderators of both Global Chat and the Forums is all.  Some times you guys come of very biased about things (mainly in game) cause you are still in your playing Char mode and not being a Moderator roll is all.  I don't know how it is on EU cause i haven't played on there in ages, but from what I remember you didn't see Moderators getting very involved in the fighting or politics in game when I was last playing. Just like I assume the Devs have there own chars they play that aren't named Ink or Admin or have the brow/red name tag to them.  That is cause they separate the roles from there jobs when they play.  Hell for all I know that solo guy with no clan tag that I sanked the other day could been INK For all I know or any one else on the dev team.   

Now for moral of the game.  We where not crushed last night and I'm glad some of the BLACK guys got sunk cause we keep telling them not to go out there and not to go with a half arse mixed fleet of guys with no clue.  IF that was all BLACK members in that fight it would of turned out a lot different.  Not saying we would of won, but the numbers of reds would off been a bit different.  I was in the Gulf doing the NO flip watching two guys twitch the fight.  One of them (on pirates side) I felt so sorry for the guy as it was prob one of his first real PvP fight and i think he made every mistake in the book and got very frustrated and it showed in his fighting.  I'll be honest a lot of the pirates need training and experience.  What I saw was some very good PvPers take on a half scrub team and beat them.  Exactly what BLACK does all the time and I think it was good some of our guys got taken down a notch. If it helps the server Moral that is even a bit better to show folks we can be beat and do loose fights.  

I'm hoping the French do make this a regular thing and we can get some good fights out of it, but I'm also not impressed with there bragging when they clearly knew most of our fleets was up in Bermuda or in the Gulf the last few nights doing other things and than brag about smashing lesser clan/players.   The time will come when a proper fight between the two groups happens and we will see.  I bet you it's going to be a good even skilled match too.  One side or the other might win a few and loose a few, but that is what great about games like this you aren't all ways going to be top dog, some one else will come along eventually and take that spot.

Oh and a few pirates all ready jumped ship to France I heard.  I'm pretty sure they where ex US/GB players so ya'll can have them.   It just blows my mind these guys think they are going to be any better jumping nation.  Maybe they will run out of forge papers and be stuck some where other than in our nation.  Most of these fence jumpers for any nations don't really matter as they weren't the guys out doing PvP and grinding and trying to make there nation healthy in the first place and sooner or later get tired of the game and go off to play something else.  Just think of each of these events for any nation as a good way of cleaning house.  Those that stay and fight get stronger and better.  Those that leave, well you really didn't want them in your nation any way.  Let them go be some one else problem.

Now I'll get off my soap box and go enjoy my family day.....

How quintessentially pirate of you, complaining about abusing game mechanics and lack of morals/integrity of others. Have you seen the title of this thread? Are you daft mate? Did you already forget everything that the pirates have done so far? How much shit do the pirates feed its players before they believe its lobster?

hello kittyin hell, the cognitive dissonance is real.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

All i have to say about that is this.

If you saw an exploit or abuse texas. Report it to tribunal, bringing it to this thread does absolutely nothing.

This isn't nation to nation or whatever, this is as a person in this game. Red Duke doesn't exploit, the mods do not have special mod powers in the game that give them an edge. 

If you truly think an exploit happened, send it to tribunal or keep quiet. 

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

All i have to say about that is this.

Of you saw an exploit or abuse texas. Report it to tribunal, bringing it to this thread does absolutely nothing.

This isn't nation to nation or whatever, this is as a person in this game. Red Duke doesn't exploit, the mods do not have special mod powers in the game that give them an edge. 

If you truly think an exploit happened, send it to tribunal or keep quiet. 

PIRATES DON'T TRIBUNAL EVERY SINGLE THING IN GAME MATE we see it then we use it.  Soon as we figure out to counter it and use it against them they will cry and it will get fixed.  I dont want to see Pirates talking in this thread anymore please.

17 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

How quintessentially pirate of you, complaining about abusing game mechanics and lack of morals/integrity of others. Have you seen the title of this thread? Are you daft mate? Did you already forget everything that the pirates have done so far? How much shit do the pirates feed its players before they believe its lobster?

hello kittyin hell, the cognitive dissonance is real.

Your still not getting Savannah back :)

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Think this post is has had it few laps and is way out of original topic.

Recommend this fourm battle will be set to close this is nothing more than harassment back and forth now.    

The original poster even asked this for the very same reason that it turned into nothing more than just a sling fest and by folks that aren't even in the nations of the original content involved.

Doesn't help the moderators even jumped in on the mud slinging which is why most of us don't trust them to be unbias any more.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir