Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I am old yep.  AND they did change it Battle groups your betting a dead hourse

holy hell. This goes beyond just 1 stupid mechanic. God you're so narrow minded and self serving it hurts. 

The game doesn't revolve around pirates.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

On 31.07.2017 at 5:04 AM, koltes said:

Mate, I respect you in every aspect I can think of. You know that. It shows in our conversations. Do you cheat? Nope. I do not believe you do. Do you use exploits? I dont know and I also dont care. Exploit means bad game mechanic and using it to your advantage is always going to be present as its all fair in love and war.

moderators only have access to 2 chat tools. warning and chat ban. These tools are only for cases where situations get out of hand. If you feel some mods are abusing their power there is a topic about this 

Please provide the info if you feel you were treated unfairly by the mods and action would be taken.

But mods are players and volunteers and we cannot afford non-player pro-mods. Perhaps this will help you to somehow understand that sometimes they can also make mistakes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

Guess if u got to learn.  Just a FYI our battles stay open come get us, yours close in 3 mins lol. 

Yes, rat on rat battles stay open, and screeners have attempted to join those battles. However, rats run for miles and miles away from the original battle spot. So when a screening fleet joins in, there is no way in hell they can catch up to the running rats.
The devs need to fix this and place the joining enemy down wind near those already in the battle rather than in the battle's original location.  or...
they could make an In-Battle circle that if you sail outside the circle for too long you are automatically thrown back into Open World.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

Yes, rat on rat battles stay open, and screeners have attempted to join those battles. However, rats run for miles and miles away from the original battle spot. So when a screening fleet joins in, there is no way in hell they can catch up to the running rats.
The devs need to fix this and place the joining enemy down wind near those already in the battle rather than in the battle's original location.  or...
they could make an In-Battle circle that if you sail outside the circle for too long you are automatically thrown back into Open World.

thats actually a resonably possible thing to do....with the controlperk they already have the code to keep people in so the reverse should be possible.

2 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

There's nothing you can do to catch up to a fleet that has already had a 10 minute head start.

Face it, RVR mechanics are borked and we've had nothing but problems and headaches with it since wipe.

The only reason to have a 10 minute head start is that the opposition gives it to them. You can join at any time, no one is stopping you. If you bring a proper BR fleet then you will have no trouble screening. But if you think that you can draw in a fleet with only a surprise or two, those days are long gone. Which is why their hasn't been a PB fight since the implementation of the new BR fleet mechanic. Guess GB and US can't fight a proper PB.

3 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

This have never happened we never start one and run you know that if you joined 1

Just now, HoneyBaddger said:

The only reason to have a 10 minute head start is that the opposition gives it to them. You can join at any time, no one is stopping you. If you bring a proper BR fleet then you will have no trouble screening. But if you think that you can draw in a fleet with only a surprise or two, those days are long gone. Which is why their hasn't been a PB fight since the implementation of the new BR fleet mechanic. Guess GB and US can't fight a proper PB.

I have a solution.

Remove RVR from pirate faction. 

No more worrying about trying to counter abusive outlaw battle mechanics.

• Like 1

Just now, JobaSet said:

This have never happened we never start one and run you know that if you joined 1

Eehhhh, my statement was from experience of joining a rat vs rat battle where they were hiding from screeners. It's been mentioned many times by many folks who have tried it. We join in, we are placed where the battle was originated, and all rats aren't even visible; they're 600 miles away from the original spot not even visible, so you have no idea which way to sail other than to try downwind...but even then there's no catching them.

@admin I propose in the Battle World, that you create a pretty large circle that prevents running. If a player leaves the circle they'd be ejected from the battle and back into Open World.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Eehhhh, my statement was from experience of joining a rat vs rat battle where they were hiding from screeners. It's been mentioned many times by many folks who have tried it. We join in, we are placed where the battle was originated, and all rats aren't even visible; they're 600 miles away from the original spot not even visible, so you have no idea which way to sail other than to try downwind...but even then there's no catching them.

@admin I propose in the Battle World, that you create a pretty large circle that prevents running. If a player leaves the circle they'd be ejected from the battle and back into Open World.

That is the main problem no1 has yet joined a battle we have not moved.  You going on what people say we are doing when it is not the case.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Already there is that in game.  If you leave the grid you will exit to OW.  

20 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Already there is that in game.  If you leave the grid you will exit to OW.  

yea give nats a free escape not going to happen, u out side circle you die sounds way better to me way way better.  The code already there for this.

Edited by JobaSet

5 hours ago, van der Decken said:

From experience?  When exactly have you joined one at a port battle? I been in almost every port battle we have had and I haven't seen your name on any of the screen shots of the ones I didn't make it.  We have only used the Pirate vs Pirate battle to stage for one contested port battle.  PnP the second time around.  The first time we used an AI fleet.  Both times we still got screened and seperated so not every one made it in.  So that isn't a full proof means to get your fleet in.  Hell I spent the whole Savanna fight in two fights out side the port and never made it nside with my Vict.  First fight we cleaned house of the scrub screener fleet that tagged me and Jean, but we lost the Mortar Brig so it was to some successes.  I think Jean made it into the port battle, but for some reason I had an UI bug where I couldn't click on anything and got tagged again and just ran.  Duncan had the same bug and was pulled into another fight. I Believe all and all we had 7-8 guys that didn't make it into that port battles.  So these means weren't even fool proof.  Screeners did there jobs as they keep some of the PB fleet out of the Port Battle.  The new Fleet Mechanic hasn't been tested by us cause as soon as it came out every one stop showing up for the port battles cause they can't beat us in side. Well we assume that is what they think and with that attitude it's prob true.

Every time I been in a FFA battle to do staging we sat right there at the point we joined and never moved.  You would know this if some one actually got the balls and joined one.  I keep hearing this they run and can't catch them.  You want to know something about FFA battles?  They are position join battles.  There is no join circles.  Joba can join the fight and tell me that we are running North.  So in OW I will go north of the battle marker and join.  Than I can tell the next guy I joined to soon or need more distance and they can join.  So I tell Duncan hit it about 2 more ships from where I join back.  Bang he does.  We took out HELL clan like this cause we are organized.  We had guys dropping right next to there ships as they ran from us.  There is a limit though for the join but by than your so far into the battle before some one gets to that point any way.

I think half you have never been in a FFA and just assume stuff.  Maybe you should try jumping into one at a safe distance some time and actually learn the mechanics of them.  I'll honestly never jump into one right at the cross swords cause they would put you right in the middle (like combat missions you join late.)

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

From experience?  When exactly have you joined one at a port battle? I been in almost every port battle we have had and I haven't seen your name on any of the screen shots of the ones I didn't make it.  We have only used the Pirate vs Pirate battle to stage for one contested port battle.  PnP the second time around.  The first time we used an AI fleet.  Both times we still got screened and seperated so not every one made it in.  So that isn't a full proof means to get your fleet in.  Hell I spent the whole Savanna fight in two fights out side the port and never made it nside with my Vict.  First fight we cleaned house of the scrub screener fleet that tagged me and Jean, but we lost the Mortar Brig so it was to some successes.  I think Jean made it into the port battle, but for some reason I had an UI bug where I couldn't click on anything and got tagged again and just ran.  Duncan had the same bug and was pulled into another fight. I Believe all and all we had 7-8 guys that didn't make it into that port battles.  So these means weren't even fool proof.  Screeners did there jobs as they keep some of the PB fleet out of the Port Battle.  The new Fleet Mechanic hasn't been tested by us cause as soon as it came out every one stop showing up for the port battles cause they can't beat us in side. Well we assume that is what they think and with that attitude it's prob true.

Every time I been in a FFA battle to do staging we sat right there at the point we joined and never moved.  You would know this if some one actually got the balls and joined one.  I keep hearing this they run and can't catch them.  You want to know something about FFA battles?  They are position join battles.  There is no join circles.  Joba can join the fight and tell me that we are running North.  So in OW I will go north of the battle marker and join.  Than I can tell the next guy I joined to soon or need more distance and they can join.  So I tell Duncan hit it about 2 more ships from where I join back.  Bang he does.  We took out HELL clan like this cause we are organized.  We had guys dropping right next to there ships as they ran from us.  There is a limit though for the join but by than your so far into the battle before some one gets to that point any way.

I think half you have never been in a FFA and just assume stuff.  Maybe you should try jumping into one at a safe distance some time and actually learn the mechanics of them.  I'll honestly never jump into one right at the cross swords cause they would put you right in the middle (like combat missions you join late.)

Wooosh

6 hours ago, admin said:

moderators only have access to 2 chat tools. warning and chat ban. These tools are only for cases where situations get out of hand. If you feel some mods are abusing their power there is a topic about this 

Please provide the info if you feel you were treated unfairly by the mods and action would be taken.

But mods are players and volunteers and we cannot afford non-player pro-mods. Perhaps this will help you to somehow understand that sometimes they can also make mistakes.

@admin I dont have a problem with the mods. If anything, I wish they would have been more strict :)  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archaos said:

Again people get into the you did this and we did that argument rather than admit that there is a problem with the game mechanics.

There is a problem with the game mechanics. Mmmm... I'm glad I've got it out of my chest

4 minutes ago, koltes said:

There is a problem with the game mechanics. Mmmm... I'm glad I've got it out of my chest

they have no problem attacking another nation to wait out side in peace with a 3 min timer. but then again we dont either just ours are open all the time and dont disapear

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

they have no problem attacking another nation to wait out side in peace with a 3 min timer. but then again we dont either just ours are open all the time and dont disapear

^_^
Let them whine. Best we can do is to let them clock this thread to 100 pages while sitting back and crunching popcorn.

Edited by koltes

6 hours ago, koltes said:

So from your sarcastic tone I take it you are one of the people who believe that there is nothing wrong with the game mechanics that allow people to tag and run to prevent people entering port battles or that you feel there is nothing wrong with using pretend battles to enable the PB fleet to get into a PB.

All I see is people justifying and defending why they use such mechanics rather than trying to come up with suggestions to fix it. Whether a certain mechanic is within the rules of the game or not does not matter, if enough people feel that it is bad enough that they will stop playing then in the end it will be bad for the game. But it appears I am in the minority with my way of thinking so I will let you all get back to your mud slinging and abusing each other.

3 hours ago, Archaos said:

I am in the minority with my way of thinking so I will let you all get back to your mud slinging and abusing each other.

You ain't. Albeit the numbers are rocket low due to different %% allocated to several reasons there's certainly a feeling of "unfair".

Those that love the game for what it is just shrug and dismiss "beardies" as nuisances as long as they stay away from the liberty they enjoy. Those that like a elevated involvement can be affected and stop pressing play.

In truth we all make the universe we play in and everyone is the king of the hill once there's no one left, figuratively :) and statistically.

We all to blame.

10 hours ago, Archaos said:

So from your sarcastic tone I take it you are one of the people who believe that there is nothing wrong with the game mechanics that allow people to tag and run to prevent people entering port battles or that you feel there is nothing wrong with using pretend battles to enable the PB fleet to get into a PB.

All I see is people justifying and defending why they use such mechanics rather than trying to come up with suggestions to fix it. Whether a certain mechanic is within the rules of the game or not does not matter, if enough people feel that it is bad enough that they will stop playing then in the end it will be bad for the game. But it appears I am in the minority with my way of thinking so I will let you all get back to your mud slinging and abusing each other.

We longer care about these things. We have a massive fleet going to the port battles and the devs have fixed it to where you can't tag a fleet like this with snows or frigates. Bring the BR bro. Seems the whining is coming from the other nations, not the pirates. We are defending our assets and will continue until the US, GB and France learns their lesson. You guys can gloat all you want about ship sinking in OW. You called us out last night and then ran back to the free port. Talking about OW PvP and you guys didn't put a single ship in the PB or attack our fleet when we left 

7 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

You ain't. Albeit the numbers are rocket low due to different %% allocated to several reasons there's certainly a feeling of "unfair".

Those that love the game for what it is just shrug and dismiss "beardies" as nuisances as long as they stay away from the liberty they enjoy. Those that like a elevated involvement can be affected and stop pressing play.

In truth we all make the universe we play in and everyone is the king of the hill once there's no one left, figuratively :) and statistically.

We all to blame.

You speak as if this is a fully released game. Aren't we testers afterall? Aren't we supposed to kill the server as much as possible to point out to the devs what they need to fix and prioritize them? Wipe the server again after the next patch drops and test these things on a fresh start?

2 minutes ago, HoneyBaddger said:

We longer care about these things. We have a massive fleet going to the port battles and the devs have fixed it to where you can't tag a fleet like this with snows or frigates. Bring the BR bro. Seems the whining is coming from the other nations, not the pirates. We are defending our assets and will continue until the US, GB and France learns their lesson. You guys can gloat all you want about ship sinking in OW. You called us out last night and then ran back to the free port. Talking about OW PvP and you guys didn't put a single ship in the PB or attack our fleet when we left 

So you are happy that the Devs fixed a problem that you used to whine about, yet you have no interest in them fixing an issue that other people see as a problem. I dont care about what battles are going on at the moment, I havent even been able to play for the last 4 weeks due to being stuck out at sea with work and a limited internet connection, but I do care about broken mechanics getting fixed. 

I am glad they fixed the tag mechanic, but I wish they would also fix the possibility to use outlaw/AI/alt battles to circumvent the screen and enter port battles. And before you jump on me for saying it, NO I am not accusing you of using that tactic, but the possibility exists that it can be used and thus it requires fixing same as the tagging issue.

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

So you are happy that the Devs fixed a problem that you used to whine about, yet you have no interest in them fixing an issue that other people see as a problem. I dont care about what battles are going on at the moment, I havent even been able to play for the last 4 weeks due to being stuck out at sea with work and a limited internet connection, but I do care about broken mechanics getting fixed. 

I am glad they fixed the tag mechanic, but I wish they would also fix the possibility to use outlaw/AI/alt battles to circumvent the screen and enter port battles. And before you jump on me for saying it, NO I am not accusing you of using that tactic, but the possibility exists that it can be used and thus it requires fixing same as the tagging issue.

I totally agree with you, but this is Alpha and there are going to be many more changes that that we are not going to like before this thing is released. This star power thing ridiculous but I can put up with it. Player kills is also wack. Players sinking their alts, ridiculous!

Edited by HoneyBaddger
  • Like 2