Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

12 minutes ago, Vllad said:

If you are already closed minded about the things players can do to circumvent these tactics then there is no point in having the discussion with you.

If you want developers to do all your thinking for you than you will never be on a winning side no matter what format they put in front of you.

There's nothing you can do to catch up to a fleet that has already had a 10 minute head start.

Face it, RVR mechanics are borked and we've had nothing but problems and headaches with it since wipe.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

32 minutes ago, Vllad said:

If you are already closed minded about the things players can do to circumvent these tactics then there is no point in having the discussion with you.

If you want developers to do all your thinking for you than you will never be on a winning side no matter what format they put in front of you.

So please enlighten me as to how you can circumvent the tactic of using the outlaw battle to avoid the screen fleet? Its no good to keep saying that there are tactics that can be used and then keeping it a big secret. Tell me how it can be countered and then by all means I will drop the subject. As far as I can see from your argument is that you say there is a way round it but you are not telling, well that same argument could be given for every problem in the game.

The speed cap is not good for the game, well just work out a solution and dont be so close minded!!!!!!

The revenge fleets are a problem, well just come up with a solution yourself, dont expect the Devs to do anything about it.

The list could go on, but I think you get mt point.

Just now, Archaos said:

So please enlighten me as to how you can circumvent the tactic of using the outlaw battle to avoid the screen fleet? Its no good to keep saying that there are tactics that can be used and then keeping it a big secret. Tell me how it can be countered and then by all means I will drop the subject. As far as I can see from your argument is that you say there is a way round it but you are not telling, well that same argument could be given for every problem in the game.

The speed cap is not good for the game, well just work out a solution and dont be so close minded!!!!!!

The revenge fleets are a problem, well just come up with a solution yourself, dont expect the Devs to do anything about it.

The list could go on, but I think you get mt point.

You can't, RVR is all about who can abuse the system the most. Tag an AI fleet and sit in the battle no one can join for an hour. Tag another pirate and Sail away from the battle enterance until you want to leave. After either of these sail invisible past any screeners. Its all types of hello kittyed up, underdeveloped nonsense mechanics.

45 minutes ago, Vllad said:

I am interested to see your solution to the hiding in battle screen before port battle issue?

I agree with Slim on this one, it is extremely difficult to catch any fleet in battle that has a 10min head start.   Unless I am sailing something fast and flimsy, like a Endymoin or a Renomee, which are no match for any 4th rate, let alone a 1st rate.   

There are somethings players can not correct themselves, without some kind of code re-write to fix the core issue.

28 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

There's nothing you can do to catch up to a fleet that has already had a 10 minute head start.

Face it, RVR mechanics are borked and we've had nothing but problems and headaches with it since wipe.

I call BS.   When we fought US at Wilmington prepatch it was 19 vs 25 and we where about to loose as US had 960 points.  Than we started to sink the US ships and brought it down and brought our number up to 1K and recapped all the circles.  A lot can be done in 10 mins.  Remember the first 10 mins no one gets points too.   Wasn't PnP GB was up to something like 860 before we started to sink them and take control of the fight.  US or GB has never won a fight like that cause as soon as they start too loose ships they all give up and run.  When we are fighting we fight to the last ship if we can even if it means we loose them all.  Cause we fight like this we tend to win against odds stacked against us.  You know at Savanana if ya'll had even tried with he forts and the fact you had numbers if not as many first rates you might of beat us. 

We have came late into many fights or short numbers and still won.  If you think you can't do it than you will never be able to.  That is the down fall of many that don't win fights. 

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

I call BS.   When we fought US at Wilmington prepatch it was 19 vs 25 and we where about to loose as US had 960 points.  Than we started to sink the US ships and brought it down and brought our number up to 1K and recapped all the circles.  A lot can be done in 10 mins.  Remember the first 10 mins no one gets points too.   Wasn't PnP GB was up to something like 860 before we started to sink them and take control of the fight.  US or GB has never won a fight like that cause as soon as they start too loose ships they all give up and run.  When we are fighting we fight to the last ship if we can even if it means we loose them all.  Cause we fight like this we tend to win against odds stacked against us.  You know at Savanana if ya'll had even tried with he forts and the fact you had numbers if not as many first rates you might of beat us. 

We have came late into many fights or short numbers and still won.  If you think you can't do it than you will never be able to.  That is the down fall of many that don't win fights. 

We're not talking about INSIDE the pb ya big derp.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

He wasnt talking about port battles.  

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

I am interested to see your solution to the hiding in battle screen before port battle issue?

I agree with Slim on this one, it is extremely difficult to catch any fleet in battle that has a 10min head start.   Unless I am sailing something fast and flimsy, like a Endymoin or a Renomee, which are no match for any 4th rate, let alone a 1st rate.   

There are somethings players can not correct themselves, without some kind of code re-write to fix the core issue.

To be honest and we have said it before. If they brought proper fleets and the fight was out side on the OW we wouldn't even bother with the port battle.  We would just have the fight out side.  We can always flip a port later if we don't win the first time.  

I not sure why you/they keep saying they could never catch us in a Pirate ver Pirate they/you have never joined EVER .  You/they assume we are running in all direction.  That tactic was never use even tho it does sound smart.  We sat there waiting for you to come in, we be lazy like that.  But you never did just cried on forums.

The tacit was use to keep fleet together not avoid Fights

Edited by JobaSet

1 minute ago, JobaSet said:

I not sure why you/they keep saying they could never catch us in a Pirate ver Pirate they/you have never joined EVER .  You/they assume we are running in all direction.  That tactic was never use even tho it does sound smart.  We sat there waiting for you to come in, we be lazy like that.  But you never did just cried on forums.

The fact that affirm running away from entrance is a valid tactic, proves that whole mechanic is borked for RVR. 

This is why no one is bothering anymore.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

The fact that affirm running best POS away from entrance is a valid tactic, proves that whole mechanic is borked for RVR. 

This is why no one is bothering anymore.

But we didn't lol only Nations try to avoid fights

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

But we didn't lol only Nations try to avoid fights

But you easily could. See the problem now? Stop making this little topic about Pirates v nationals btw. You pirates always do it and its so frustrating because you aren't looking at the REAL issue, which is game mechanics. To you its like they're set in stone and everyone should just cheese them as much as possible, instead of we can change these broken mechanics to something fun, enjoyable, and not completely fugged.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

But you easily could. See the problem now? Stop making this little topic about Pirates v nationals btw. You pirates always do it and its so frustrating because you aren't looking at the REAL issue, which is game mechanics. To you its like they're set in stone and everyone should just cheese them as much as possible, instead of we can change these broken mechanics to something fun, enjoyable, and not completely fugged.

O please stop your crying mate.  It not like you are not doing the same thing right now around mort with your 3 way Alliance attack each other to get into battle to hide(o wait that closes in 3 mins) and so you can have star power.  How many turbunal u see from Pirates on this?  So go eat something, I have a snickers bar for you.

11 minutes ago, Hodo said:

LOLWHAT?

Last I checked US, GB, and FR havent hid in a battle to avoid a screening fleet.   Just sayin. 

They doing it all the time in mort last few days. and we dont care

Edited by JobaSet

Again people get into the you did this and we did that argument rather than admit that there is a problem with the game mechanics.

Does it really matter if what you actually did was create a outlaw instance and were waiting in there for someone to enter so you could have a battle, No, the fact is that it could be used to avoid the fight and thus it is a bad mechanic. Does it matter that some screeners actually do look for a fight while others just tag an run, No, the fact that they can tag and run without any intention to fight is the issue with the mechanics.

Just now, Archaos said:

Again people get into the you did this and we did that argument rather than admit that there is a problem with the game mechanics.

Does it really matter if what you actually did was create a outlaw instance and were waiting in there for someone to enter so you could have a battle, No, the fact is that it could be used to avoid the fight and thus it is a bad mechanic. Does it matter that some screeners actually do look for a fight while others just tag an run, No, the fact that they can tag and run without any intention to fight is the issue with the mechanics.

FACT:The goal was to keep fleet together.... end of story.

You can SAY What ever the Shit you want but our goal was to keep Fleet together.

FACT: YOUR goal was to pull it (the fleet) apart 2 or 3 at a time and kill with massive number advantage.  FACTs you wont or dont say.

For fugg sake. Pirates zealots are hopeless to get through to.

Continue your petty defense of broken game mechanics. Just don't get involved when people are trying to make suggestions to make the game better as a whole, if you feel the need to be the salty old men of the community that despise any change the the way THEY want play the game.

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

FACT:The goal was to keep fleet together.... end of story.

You can SAY What ever the Shit you want but our goal was to keep Fleet together.

FACT: YOUR goal was to pull it (the fleet) apart 2 or 3 at a time and kill with massive number advantage.  FACTs you wont or dont say.

I'm not talking about any particular incident, I am talking about game mechanics, but you still prefer to argue about some specific battle rather than look at what the underlying problems with the game mechanics are.

FACT - outlaw/alt/AI battles can be used to avoid the screening fleets.

FACT - many screeners tactics are to tag and kite the PB fleet to stop them getting into the port battle.

The sooner people start discussing the problems with this rather than accusations and counter accusations regarding particular battles and peoples intent at the time the sooner a solution can be found. The biggest problem I see right now is that people on one side or the other dont see these things as problems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

if you feel the need to be the salty old men of the community that despise any change the the way THEY want play the game.

I am old yep.  AND they did change it Battle groups your betting a dead hourse