Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 2 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

1 hour ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I just logged into the test server and redeemed all items.  My ship knowledge unlocks where not ported over.  How can I get these?  Thank you

I lost all my craft xp, all my money (except for the 1 million starter fund, and all my ship knowledge unlocks after the wipe.  If this is to happen in the future, it is not my intention of wasting time rebuilding everything here each time.  Can we please get some clarifications on this and how we can get our money and ship unlocks.  Also the measly 1 million does not pay for outpost and building replacement nor resources that were wiped.  How are we to test stuff if we have to rebuild each time...

But if you redeemed craft xp how could you lost it? please file the F11 report ticket attn to Ink if you lost more than expected.

regarding testbed please dont overwork yourself, by levelling, farming etc. serious changes will require asset removal and you will feel upset - its a test server for testing/wiping/fixing so it happens less on the live. 

17 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I miss several ships in the crafting and admiralty: rattlesnake, rattlesnake heavy, Ingermanland, Wapen, Le gros ventre, Indiaman, trader lynx, trader cutter.

trader lynx and cutter have been forgotten)) the rest of the list is not going to be crafteable and will either be mission chain rewards or... who knows. 

3 minutes ago, admin said:

regarding testbed please dont overwork yourself, by levelling, farming etc.

What is useful for you for us to test?

Edit: Ventre not a normal ship? Very interesting...

Edited by jodgi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquicity said:

15'000 gold per 42pdr cannon. That's 550k to equip a santisima's main deck.

Didn't you say you weren't happy about upgrades being way more expensive than the actual ship? Well now that you got rid off them it's the cannons that is expensive.

Some expensive upgrades were RNG and were sold at millions of dollars. Cannons are a natural replaceable part of the ship. Dont lose them. 

BTW. NPC prices will spike for ships. And lineships will become a lot more expensive than they are now. Expect to dish out from 10mln and more for a 1st rate (not including guns). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jodgi said:

What is useful for you for us to test?

YES. thank you. more than 50 bugs and issues were found and fixed just this week because of you guys. Some very serious.

We just dont want players to be upset when testbed is reset and thus do not recommend to actually try to conquer the Caribbean there as they will burned out and tired doing it over and over. We will try to recover as much as we can during such occasional resets. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, admin said:

But if you redeemed craft xp how could you lost it? please file the F11 report ticket attn to Ink if you lost more than expected.

regarding testbed please dont overwork yourself, by levelling, farming etc. serious changes will require asset removal and you will feel upset - its a test server for testing/wiping/fixing so it happens less on the live. 

I checked with others on global and it seems they are also having the same issues.  Slots are not unlocked on ships that you have already grinded on and unlocked all the slots.  II am ok with having to gather resources again and making money but the PVP, PVE marks and ship knowledge slots should not force us to regrind from start each wipe.  Thans

First sailing trip with new hotfix (basic cutter):

1) Start a battle with traders brig

2) shoot crew to 10 men and then sucessfully boarded the brig

3) Change ship because i have no fleet slots

4) Exit Battle to BS

5) Tried to exit to port -> "You need to deal with vessels" -> I have no vessels in BS coz I have changed to Traders Brig -> STUCK IN BATTLE SCREEN

6) F11

7) Alt + F4

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 1

trader lynx and cutter have been forgotten)) the rest of the list is not going to be crafteable and will either be mission chain rewards or... who knows. 

If Indiaman is not craftable we really need a Trader's Cerberus or something of that nature.

16 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Well leave at least one big trader ship craftable or add new

The trading ships will be the only effective way to move a bunch of stuff. 

Take away the big trade vessels and it's just more grind and time again that no one asked for. I understand the testbed is ever changing though.

We need a "5th rate class trade ship" at the very least to function for heavy trade.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

First sailing trip with new hotfix (basic cutter):

1) Start a battle with traders brig

2) shoot crew to 10 men and then sucessfully boarded the brig

3) Change ship because i have no fleet slots

4) Exit Battle to BS

5) Tried to exit to port -> "You need to deal with vessels" -> I have no vessels in BS coz I have changed to Traders Brig -> STUCK IN BATTLE SCREEN

6) F11

7) Alt + F4

hmmm this was working just yesterday :)

we will check

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

About that ship surrender?  If a player surrenders and the victor doesnt take the ship the player that surrendered SHOULD keep their ship right? 

This would be a good thing for pirates, privateers, and merchants alike. 

well. we cant. there are multiple ship state problem that are impossible to solve. For example he exited. bought another ship and does not a slot any more and you went for a smoke and decided to give him a ship back. We have nowhere to send it.

34 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Basic cutter require 12 guns.

Why i can't install only 6 guns from warehouse?

Cannon magic

does it sail with 24 guns? and shoot 24 guns i wonder. 

You cant currently install less than the max guns per deck. We wanted to see if this basic system will work first.

• Like 3

The battle result screen is in my opinion kind of weird when it comes to your fleet. There are to small windows. the left one shows your fleet the right one shows your ship loottable. When You capture a ship its in the left window. To sink the captured you have to get this ship in the right window ( picture 1). Therefore click on "to vessel" then you get to picture 2 When its in the right window you can tell "sink ship"

This kind of screen isnt in my opinion self explaining. Give the two small windows a heading like Unassigned loot has. And rename "To Vessel" to something more self explaining.

Picture1

LNmBxmc.jpg

Picture 2

9I3hwXq.jpg

Edited by z4ys

28 minutes ago, admin said:

does it sail with 24 guns? and shoot 24 guns i wonder.

I tested it. Installed 100 x 18pdrs on a trincomalee, sailed out to battle. Didn't work though. Would have been funny hehe

43BB84F51CCC1485332D8C373156B109D4F5076E
3EA9271F2F35BF681F079D0EECDC9A026312D47B

• Like 2

I've tested 38, 32 pnd carronades on the bottom of a surprise. it didn't work, cannon amount remained the same in battle. ^^

Heh, yeah it would of been a blast (100 18s vs a surp) gg :lol:

Edited by Sureshot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

no.. we just did not include them yet. next week. 

LOL I think a few of use was thinking the way you worded that was they where removed and only way to get them was not by normal means.  Thanks for clearing that up.

40 minutes ago, admin said:

well. we cant. there are multiple ship state problem that are impossible to solve. For example he exited. bought another ship and does not a slot any more and you went for a smoke and decided to give him a ship back. We have nowhere to send it.

Yah sorry if you surrender or what not you lost your ship, done deal.  Now what would be nice in the future is a surrender option where you can give up a percentage of your cargo and if I accept I take the cargo and you keep your ship and crew.  POTBS had something like this.   Would be nice way to let folks go when your Pirate/Privateering and don't want the ship or all the cargo.  I would let new players go with there ship and partial cargo if given the option to.

30 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Fascinating.  So you are still pretty screwed if you surrender as a trade ship now.  I think it would be great if that could be changed.  Some of us only want the cargo and dont care about the ship.

Well you shouldn't or surrender if you didn't want to loose your ship.  Plan and simple.   See option I put above, it should be a surrender condition option from start that they offer you part of the cargo if you let them live.  

• Like 1