Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

Well the British/French war in Panama seems to be coming to a speedy conclusion now.

It has been strongly suggested amongst British clans that a topic such as this be posted to thank the French for giving us such a fun couple of weeks in-game.

From a British perspective I can honestly say we have never fought such friendly, respectful and honourable opponents as the French have been. Both factions have behaved courteously and enabled enjoyment for all involved whether in victory or defeat. Both the British and French players deserve great credit and have demonstrated the spirit in which this game can and should be played. I must emphasise that this is not just my own opinion but has been unanimous amongst all the very many (and often senior) British players I have spoken to.

At the start of the conflict, we British expected a quick and easy victory over the French - we were proven to be far too overconfident! The French have been courageous, resourceful and above all skillful opponents and gave us quite a shock! We shall certainly not underestimate them again but look forward to renewing our rivalry...

Thank you to France - we tip our hats to you!

• Like 28

Well the British/French war in Panama seems to be coming to a speedy conclusion now.

It has been strongly suggested amongst British clans that a topic such as this be posted to thank the French for giving us such a fun couple of weeks in-game.

From a British perspective I can honestly say we have never fought such friendly, respectful and honourable opponents as the French have been. Both factions have behaved courteously and enabled enjoyment for all involved whether in victory or defeat. Both the British and French players deserve great credit and have demonstrated the spirit in which this game can and should be played. I must emphasise that this is not just my own opinion but has been unanimous amongst all the very many (and often senior) British players I have spoken to.

At the start of the conflict, we British expected a quick and easy victory over the French - we were proven to be far too overconfident! The French have been courageous, resourceful and above all skillful opponents and gave us quite a shock! We shall certainly not underestimate them again but look forward to renewing our rivalry...

Thank you to France - we tip our hats to you!

Indeed. Very good fighting and behavior. Loved it and I am looking forward for more.

The move from pvp2 to pvp1 has proven to be a rewarding decision. This past weekend was by far the most fun I have had since I purchased the game from Steam. Hats off to the French and British for being such good sports. I had a fantastic time battling with the various British Clans and getting to know several of you on this server. Sons of Britain continues to work hard and rebuild on this server. Our hope is to once again become a powerful British clan. Thank you Britain for all of your help. Cheers.

• Like 5

Friendly? you put shitty timer on your ports, you are locking the game,  their is any fun in this war right now. 

Grap your balls and put 18h 20h  timers.

Edited by Aria
  • Like 3

It has been pretty great so far. Even if there was some minus: some day without real Resistance from your part, probably trying to stop the Pirates and cie.
There was also some timer, but hey. I guess it's War. (In fact, for sometimes, we were bored because they was NO resistance. :/ Same thing happened yesterday probably because of the period we are in.)
Too bad we got trashed yesterday, Easter Week-End wasn't a friendly time for us to play. Lots of people were apparently still eating at 22pM! :P
(Yeah, because let's be honest... Timers weren't from time to time fairplay.)

Still, congrats to you and I look forward to fighting your tea drinkers in the future! :)

Capitaine de Frégate KuroNyra, sailing the Surprise named "La Sentinel".

Edited by KuroNyra

Friendly? you put shitty timer on your ports, you are locking the game,  their is any fun in this war right now. 

Sigh. I know you've lost a lot of heavy ships, but do try and not be too salty. It has been an excellent fight. We were fighting for hours against you yesterday and it was excellent.

War?

to me it looked like massive port trading, and should be investigated, that also allowed Brits to set timers after retaking them. 

Ahem you noticed france declared war to britain? And they tried to recapture their lost ports right? I don't know where are you coming from but seriously. Get outa here thanks.

Since many clans are not from europe why should they change the port timers? Why should they set times for attack when they are all sleeping? Why?

We attack your port, and instead of defending it, you buy a flag yourself, so we end up with two tower defense PBs which are no fun either.

See, we both can throw mud.

• Like 1

We attack your port, and instead of defending it, you buy a flag yourself, so we end up with two tower defense PBs which are no fun either.

See, we both can throw mud.

You call that mud?

Capturing replacement ports is a tactical necessity for France. If they defended battles instead of taking new ports, even a 50:50 win/loss ratio would quickly see them lose their fragile footholds in the region. Britain has plentiful forts and fleets compared to France, and you are blaming them for not playing to your strengths?

More like throwing pink skittles, not mud.

• Like 3

Ahem you noticed france declared war to britain? And they tried to recapture their lost ports right? I don't know where are you coming from but seriously. Get outa here thanks.

Since many clans are not from europe why should they change the port timers? Why should they set times for attack when they are all sleeping? Why?

European server, European friendly timers i guess??? Mostly because a lot of people is dropping the game because of this.

• Like 3