Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

What's troubling me is that the British nation ports are spread throught all the possible timers, being the 10-12 Timer the one that has the most ports and that exact timeframe being when there are least players overall on the whole british nation/server. This is a serious flaw of the game that is actively driving people from the game.

What brits don't get is that people is not really complaining about port timers because they cannot win it's because they cannot even play the game the way it's right now. I've taken ports at those timers and there is literally nobody coming to defend them.

Why always Brits? I looked for five minutes on the timers of other nations and found six ports of other nations set on 0 - 2 and 4 - 6. So why is it always "Brits"? This is just hypocrite, sorry. And it is so sad that it is not possible just to chat with people here about just having fun while battling without Britbashing complaining about some mechanics the game allowes and every nation in someways is using but just one is always to blame for it.

No Gentlemen. This is silly. So for me it is just about I was fighting some frenchies and I enjoy the PvP in the south. And I am looking forward for some good fights in the future. This is what this discussion is about. Timesettings is something you can discuss on another base on this forum. But please do it without this "just the Brits" - thing while the timer-map is proofing other nations are using this mechanics too.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 2

This is one reason I have held back from moving to PVP1:

It's going to be a Euro server so even when you don't have players being intentional trolls when setting port timers, actual legitimate port timers will be too early in the day for US players to fight in and vice versa. I would attack a port and set the time to 02-04 which is going to be way too late for most Europeans to want to attack but is a good time for me. (04-06 is legit prime time for U.S. west coast.)

Moving to PVP1 really does not solve anything and seems likely to make people quit the game even faster overall.

The real fix is going to be "a better system for port flipping" but that's going to take time.

This would not be such of a problem if more non-European players joined the smaller nations aswell. Then it could be fighting round the clock so to speak. But right now its seems everyone joins British, Pirates and some  USA. This gives these nations a tremendous upper hand and frustrates its enemies and burns them out.

In the Danish nation, it was the same players that had to get up in the middle of the night to take a port, that had to defend those same ports for 2-4 hours later that day. And then inbetween you want to do some trading, and cap some ships and gold on the side. This just demands tremendous dedication to work and will burn them out eventually. Heck, many times you set your alarm clock on and woke up and logged on only to find that not enough people had logged on.

• Like 2

I dont know where you guys get this from, i feel like most of you havent even been involved in the fighting because you are all just repeating what you have heard from others.

Its not true that all our ports are set to 4AM, its not even true that most of them are. they are set to all different times and many of them have been set to times that are good for the french because we have been having a lot of good battles defending them. there have been loads of defensive battles between 8-12pm euro time over the last 2 weeks. Aria I have personally fought you many times in the 'good' hours in huge battles so what are you on about? we haven't been hiding from you or avoiding battle. we have been fighting as often as we can. in fact often it is the French fleet who avoids combat. you know this as you have literally been there. so I have no idea why you are here not telling the truth.

You are complaining because we dont just kindly set ALL our timers to your favorite time. there are a number of good reasons for this:

- doing what your enemy wants is stupid. you don't do what we want, which would be to go away and stop being a puppet of the danes, so why should we?

- It would be impossible to defend if they were all at the same time. it doesn't make us cowards, it makes us clever. we have like 40 ports, how can we defend 40 ports all at the same time? of course we cant, so we have to set different ports to different times so that we can defend them one at a time depending where we want to be. the French set 20 ports in panama to the same time and what happened? we attacked and they were all undefended because the French didn't know where to defend. it was a huge mistake by them and it lost them the campaign. guys this is WAR and you have to make good decisions without breaking the rules.

- We have lots of different nations playing with us, they do play at different times. so what if sometimes the aussies dont defend ports on their timer, NOBODY defends all the ports on their timers. so why should they?

- We are getting attacked on 3 fronts, how could we defend them all at the same time? we cant, we have to move ships around. its alright for you nations who belong to the danes, you only have to fight in one place at one time every night. we often have to fight for 12 hours straight. how is this fair?

But most importantly I agree with the first poster. the actual French in battles with me have been superb enemies because they are skillful and well behaved. we have had a lot of fun. its a shame a load of people with second hand information like this moron claiming we were port swapping have to come on the forums and spew their idiocy. shame they had to ruin this thread so soon.

-

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 5

San Andres last night was great. French were heavier, made the mistake of capping towers not destroying them and we managed a valient defence once we got there (Spanish screening fleet thought we would come from a different direction).

There was no smacking in chat, just tipping of hats and pleasantries exchanged.

San Andres was indeed a superb PB, we France really screwed up with the capture tower thing but... we had a huge BR disadvantage, we we'rent heavier ^^

lus4QL5.png

putting them side by side and given you had captured the towers by the time the British fleet arrived, you were at an advantage

(Shish and Delattre 3rd, pinpin trinc)

Gives you BR 11650 + Towers

Britain had 10320 BR

I don't see how you had a huge BR disadvantage.

And hidden in this picture lies the reason why Aria is so angry.

Edited by Quineloe

Problem is, because of theses timers. People are actually LEAVING the game, and not on US or Australian side, but ALSO on EU because of that.

So yeah, if I had to choose over loosing US and Non-EU player, or everybody from everyplace. I'd rather have EU only.

People on US are leaving other PvP server because some already did that and thus the PvP 1 got bigger population. AND IT CREATE EVEN MORE PROBLEM.

Seriously, if every US go back to US server, the population on other PVP server woud already be much better.

So where we just took so many french ports undefended we should perhaps say you are also griefing us because you didn't defend them?

but anyway this isn't about timers, its about the great fights we had.

We see tonight that the french defended their shallow water port, and the Spanish have bent the knee and allowed them a port - me hopes it is to allow the French to move up into the US territory.

San Andres was indeed a superb PB, we France really screwed up with the capture tower thing but... we had a huge BR disadvantage, we we'rent heavier ^^

You had the advantage of BR, you had slightly heavier ships on average but only by a small amount.

We won because we entered by surprise when you were not ready for us and we were prepared, we were all unharmed and some of you were damaged by the towers and because you captured towers instead of destroying them, thus allowing us to attack your fleet in small parts.

however it was an excellent fight and it was really a draw in the battle tactically, we lost the same number of ships and we both lost our best ships. it was a good battle for everyone.

• Like 2

This would not be such of a problem if more non-European players joined the smaller nations aswell. Then it could be fighting round the clock so to speak.

Except that's not how it works. If the front line ports are set by Europeans to European times then the US players will not get to fight there. There's no "round the clock fighting" when all ports are just set to Euro times. You'd have to either try and partition out the map ("US French players attack over here and Euro French players will attack over there and hopefully our respective counterparts will fight us!") or else do some kind of timer hopscotch where 6 ports in a row are set like Euro/US/Euro/US/Euro/US, and then do that everywhere "so everyone has a chance to play".

It's not realistic. We can't even get these moronic players to set PVP2 port timers to times when US players can play there, even when they are captured by US players. They intentionally undermine their own port battles and then neither team gets to fight (and then they complain "there's no fighting here!" and they move to PVP1, thinking that will somehow fix the problem).

Separate servers was the better plan, if we could just stop people from doing blatantly stupid things.

Long term we will have to code the ability to play stupid out of the system. Short term, I dunno. Disable port timers? Set the windows to 12 hours wide? I dunno. I predict PVP1 isn't gonna last 2 months in the current state of things.

No time to speak about winnnig side althought the war is not over. We've lost players complaning about fighting empty ports but you reinforce the idea for all french captain you are not playing fair and you desserve to be destroyed.

You're hiding behind australians players never seen.

Here are you timers: http://mdb-dev.es/NavalPorts/

You just have 3 ports set up on your own primetime because you're only way to win this war is to use anything to make you survive.

The battle is fun for you  because you're fighting fair opponent and you enjoy being able to rvr our port in attack on your primetime when we can't attack yours on the same time.

In a french perspective, you are a nation of trollexploiter that don't desserve any respect. The war is not fun, the war is necessary

• Like 2

Ha. Kinda funny looking at that.

PVP1:

US ports are mostly set to US prime time -- 02-04 (Eastern/Central) and 04-06 (west coast).

French ports are mostly set to 20-22 which I guess is Euro prime time.

British and Pirate ports are mostly set to 10-14, which I guess is prime time for Siberia and Australia?

PVP2:

US ports are mostly US prime time, though there is a fair selection set to Australian time.

French ports are 100% American prime time

British ports are mostly 12-16, so Australia again

Pirate ports are almost entirely US time (east coast, 00-02 which is 8pm-10pm).

Analysis:

There is a large and mysterious Australian presence on the British team on both PVP1 and PVP2. I recommend an immediate investigation into who these mysterious Australians are and how so many of them log on during American and Euro prime time just to capture ports and flip them to their own time zone. Are they jobless? Do they need help? Should we raise a collection for them? I worry that they can spend so much time playing this game, during all hours.

Clearly we need an Australian server to service these huge numbers of Australian players (who mostly play on the British team).

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 4

We see tonight that the french defended their shallow water port, and the Spanish have bent the knee and allowed them a port - me hopes it is to allow the French to move up into the US territory.

... Huh... No no It's just we forgot the popocorn there! No special movement programmed! Nothing at all!

It was just to get back some stuff!

#nothingtoseecarryon

putting them side by side and given you had captured the towers by the time the British fleet arrived, you were at an advantage

(Shish and Delattre 3rd, pinpin trinc)

Gives you BR 11650 + Towers

Britain had 10320 BR

I don't see how you had a huge BR disadvantage.

And hidden in this picture lies the reason why Aria is so angry.

Wow i have lost a victory with grey speed and grey rigging, i am so fucking mad of this. 

If you think crafting rank 1 is a problem for us you will disappointed. 

So where we just took so many french ports undefended we should perhaps say you are also griefing us because you didn't defend them?

You are locking your ports, it is not a question of defeat or victory, we can't play at all. 

Honestly do not understand why certain people are so salty. Its only a game. I really hope you realise that.

I personally set some of the timers in the Panama area and if i am allowed to set them to anytime within the conqest screen i will set them to whatever time strategically helps us.

If you cant be arsed staying up to attack ports, or waking up to attack ports, do not moan at us for being smart with our timers. You all have the same option haha.

I personally fought in over 12-15 PB's over the weekend and only 3 of them i was in where contested by the French.

I have however met the French Captains in OW battles, and even within the PB's they are brilliant. Fantastic fun, great to have a little bit of banter with and i fully agree with the original post.

I have heard of pleasantries such as not sinking each other or "ganking" individuals 4/5 on 1 etc which is just nice to see. We even tried to set up a fun 1v1 scenario in a PB as we stared each other down for 45 minutes.

Anyway i personally have had great fun in this war, and i do not have any complaints against the French. Except i wish i was only the French we were fighting on this front. ;)

No time to speak about winnnig side althought the war is not over. We've lost players complaning about fighting empty ports but you reinforce the idea for all french captain you are not playing fair and you desserve to be destroyed.

You're hiding behind australians players never seen.

You just have 3 ports set up on your own primetime because you're only way to win this war is to use anything to make you survive.

The battle is fun for you  because you're fighting fair opponent and you enjoy being able to rvr our port in attack on your primetime when we can't attack yours on the same time.

In a french perspective, you are a nation of trollexploiter that don't desserve any respect. The war is not fun, the war is necessary

And what are you?  A people who got destroyed by the Danes and begged them for mercy?   Now attack a nation hiding behind Danish and Spanish fleets?

I do not want your respect and you are most certainly not worthy of mine.

I only speak here as an individual English captain and my thoughts are my own but I shall dam well have my say.

And what are you?  A people who got destroyed by the Danes and begged them for mercy?   Now attack a nation hiding behind Danish and Spanish fleets?

I do not want your respect and you are most certainly not worthy of mine.

I only speak here as an individual English captain and my thoughts are my own but I shall dam well have my say.

Say the guy part of a Nation that managed to piss almost every other nation off and who didn't keept there accord.

I think if there is a nation that really don't deserve respect in the long term. It is the Great Britain. And that's sad.

Funny, you guys just moved Brewers to midnight to 2am CET.

Pot calling the kettle black? You're playing with the timers just the same.

No worries your australian roster will do the job.

Wait....

Port timers will be set to whatever is the best strategic advantage for that surrounding region. If that means directly locking them from attack via awkward timers, so be it.

As for respect between nations, those accords people are complaining about were more often than not agreed upon before the game even entered Early Access, and so were unlikely to survive the massive increase in players within factions.

Other than that, I congratulate the French for having us Brits on the ropes for a good week or so. With any luck, we might end up fighting alongside one another rather than against over paltry insults.  ^_^

• Like 1