Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

This thread is again diverted from its primary purpose: Some of our English  opponents thank us for our  fair play The only real answer is "Thank you, sir, it was a pleasure to fight you."!

The real problem is that the timers are turned in this game of their first destination was to allow attackers to meet a real defense.

They are used as a weapon of dissuasion or disturbance of the game, because the game allows it.

Can we blame an opponent using all the weapons at his disposal? Obviously not!

If the French had alternating timers impossible along the coast of Panama, the British simply could not conquer all in one weekend!

Currently, timers are a weapon that we can and should use to our advantage in the hope that developers ll bring one next day  an answer that allows to recover the port battle aim with  defensemen !

I wish, however, to return to the first object of this thread: "Thank you, English friends, for those times, but do not believe the case ended with a simple momentary tactical victory!"

Alanxo Friendly Privateer

Edited by Alanxo
  • Like 3

Thing is, IceShade. If they did that, the Danes would probably just roll south and demolish them back to one port. Like they've done, what is it now? Twice? Sweden and France? But of course, let's not bring that up.

Only the British can be the bad guys in this narrative, it's not like the Pirates happened to have as many ports as us a day or two ago.

Again, I'll reiterate my appreciation towards those Frenchmen I've actually met in battle. Some good fights to be had down by Playon at the start.

Why didn't Sweden and France and possibly Holland ally against the Danes and roll them back to one port? Makes no sense to me if a nation poses such a threat its better to remove the threat rather than live under it.

Edited by Edward the Black

This thread is again diverted from its primary purpose: Some of our English  opponents thank us for our  fair play The only real answer is "Thank you, sir, it was a pleasure to fight you."!

The real problem is that the timers are turned in this game of their first destination was to allow attackers to meet a real defense.

They are used as a weapon of dissuasion or disturbance of the game, because the game allows it.

Can we blame an opponent using all the weapons at his disposal? Obviously not!

If the French had alternating timers impossible along the coast of Panama, the British simply could not conquer all in one weekend!

Currently, timers are a weapon that we can and should use to our advantage in the hope that developers ll bring one next day  an answer that allows to recover the port battle aim with  defensemen !

I wish, however, to return to the first object of this thread: "Thank you, English friends, for those times, but do not believe the case ended with a simple momentary tactical victory!"

Alanxo Friendly Privateer

Mon amie, Alanxo. Always kind, helpful and level headed. o7

I'm American, but i don't play during US Timezones unless it's the weekend because of the hours i work. I'm usually at the tail end of US Time and during AU Time and just getting off around early EU time.

I guess because i'm not from Australia means i'm non-existent and couldn't possibly be around during those hours... so the forum has told me.

• Like 2

Again, I still don't see why you lot are complaining about timers being set to deny prime-time attacks. It's nothing new in this game. Every faction has done it.

I think there is some justification in using this tactic to narrow down a front. Instead of 4 ports open for convenient sacking on a particular front, maybe you close 2 off with timers and leave the other 2 open to fight.

If you do it to shut down an entire front then you are the problem with this game.

If you can't defend an entire front then yeah, that is the definition of being over extended.

I'm American, but i don't play during US Timezones unless it's the weekend because of the hours i work. I'm usually at the tail end of US Time and during AU Time and just getting off around early EU time.

I guess because i'm not from Australia means i'm non-existent and couldn't possibly be around during those hours... so the forum has told me.

Question is, are you having glorious fun port battles in that time zone? Lots of big attacks? Lots of fun defenses? Plenty of defenders join you and you have a great time? So there's solid justification for putting ports in those time zones because a good number of people have fun with it all the time?

....or do they just sit there empty because nobody attacks them anyway so it's literally useless to give you more of them?

• Like 1

Question is, are you having glorious fun port battles in that time zone? Lots of big attacks? Lots of fun defenses? Plenty of defenders join you and you have a great time? So there's solid justification for putting ports in those time zones because a good number of people have fun with it all the time?

....or do they just sit there empty because nobody attacks them anyway so it's literally useless to give you more of them?

Yes we do, against pirates, we also had fun in that timezone against the US, plenty of defenders and attackers, and besides why is your Fun only relating to port battles, there is more to this game to have fun with that does not require a port battle. There is fun in OW PVP against all nations, so to answer you question yes there is SOLID JUSTIFICATION for those ports in that timezone.

Besides why is it so hard for you to get up at 10am to attack some ports?

• Like 1

Being British the advantage and disadvantage we have with our starting location so that we can head anywhere but at the same time we are in the middle and get attacked from everywhere so its a double edged sword to where we can go and when timers are all over the show its hard to be at all of them and when there are multiple nations bashing you so to speak it can get quite annoying having to try defend multiple fronts.

We enjoy the fights but most attacks made are made on front they know wont be defended most of the time, otherwise why would they attack it if they are looking for a fight, the Danes and Pirates have attacked Jamaica multiple times as they want to have fun fighting so they go to the area where they can get 1, as for our Australian timers that is self explanatory and the other crazy timers which every nation sets also is there to try provide a protected zone for new players to try grind XP and try crafting without getting seal clubbed in the main PvP hotspots, i find this a fair to give them a chance to breathe rather then getting smashed all the time.

• Like 1

I suggest the moaners, whiners and complainers should have a new game designed just for them.

Negative Action

The Age of Whingers

I salute all the people who make positive and/or whitty posts and would probably like them in real life.

And I thank whatever/whoever that put me on this planet that I won't have the displeasure of meeting the rest of you except ingame, where I can just ignore you.

Smile, enjoy a great game and try being positive, if only for your own state of mind

Hans

• Like 2

well guys, I am really surprised by the battle of conil .

I 've never had problems with English, always nice battles, but the way you have bypassed the game to put the flag is really a shame .

Go over the earth in this way , bypassing the blockade , although if in the end it's the game fault allowing this kind of exploit, using it shows the shameful mentality of some of your players .

I hope the next fight will be as intense and enjoyable as this one, even if i'm the first french to sink ^^ and your players will be polite chat , the "Surprise Fucker " from Dreadgnouth was instantaneously reported !

See you in battle, sail safe.

Edited by charognard666
  • Like 4

Hey French bros last evening was insanely fun even with these strange events only one out of three flags succeeded and considering the size of both sides the outcome was not so bad.

Tons of fun were had.

• Like 4

Hey French bros last evening was insanely fun even with these strange events only one out of three flags succeeded and considering the size of both sides the outcome was not so bad.

Tons of fun were had.

Yea it's true, it was really fun and epic, but, but with this exploit, the great work of the spanish navy was bypass and it's a shame, cause your navy made a great work ! 

It was a loss, but we know in what side the honor and glory is... 

Edited by charognard666
  • Like 4

I 've never had problems with English, always nice battles, but the way you have bypassed the game to put the flag is really a shame .

Go over the earth in this way , bypassing the blockade , although if in the end it's the game fault allowing this kind of exploit, using it shows the shameful mentality of some of your players .

I hope the next fight will be as intense and enjoyable as this one, even if i'm the first french to sink ^^ and your players will be polite chat , the "Surprise Fucker " from Dreadgnouth was instantaneously reported !

To be promoted every Brtitish captains must read the handbook "How to compensate lack of skill by exploiting all unbalanced mecanics on alpha/beta game" Tome 1 By John  Cowardson.

Tons of fun were had.

Yes you did a great job. Muchas gracias por todo.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about bad language, mate. This is something I really find unhealthy in this game no matter what side.

I For myself would to say thank you all spaniards and french for 4 hours of Pvp yesterday. Loved every Second.

• Like 5

Funnily enough, yesterday our two nations were accused at the tribunal of exploiting the game because of port transfering happening using in-game mechanics.

However, apparently ships that can walk above land is regular and legit gameplay :D :D :D

• Like 7

Yes we do, against pirates, we also had fun in that timezone against the US, plenty of defenders and attackers, and besides why is your Fun only relating to port battles, there is more to this game to have fun with that does not require a port battle. There is fun in OW PVP against all nations, so to answer you question yes there is SOLID JUSTIFICATION for those ports in that timezone.

Besides why is it so hard for you to get up at 10am to attack some ports?

Which Pirates are you fighting exactly? Since the vast majority of ports we take in that timezone are undefended.

In fact I have never met a defensive force of more than 3 in that Time Zone.