Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

Oh for gods sake, every other nation in your alliance apart from the french uses this same timers against us. how can you be so biased to say that it is only us who is wrong? the pirates do this, the spanish do this, the danes do this. why is it ok for them and not for us? where are your posts complaining about them?

Pathetic argument. its part of the game. deal with it.

We do?

This is seriously boring.

Really guys, it's a good thing you don't represent the majority of our nations because flamewars like this are boring, useless and stupid.

Why don't we make a break about that timer stuff and just enjoy the game?

• Like 1

Once again, port timers have nothing to do with this thread.

Warnings will be handed out if this keeps up.  Stay on topic.

Everything in this war is about the timers and british exploiting the game to wipe the french from the area.

They finnaly admit they use it to not allow us to attack their port and not to put them on a timer where they are able to defend them.

They arge about pirates or dans putting wrong timer too but this topic is about france and britain. Althought i have great respect with our spanish friend, it's the same this topic is french/british focus.

We can intercept your flags and we already did.

Days ago, one more tme, britiain show this darkest face. After have been attack and attack on OW and not able to join conil and put the flag in, they finnaly succes to put the flag althouhth 2 fleet were in front of the town by jumping UPPER the land on the north on the port.

They finnaly reach, the port, attack it, lost 3 santissima and won the port.

And guess what???

***** TIMER!!!!!!!!!!

The port is no more on 20-22 but on 4-6! Awake up boys and sacrifice your night to play!

The fact is that britain lost most of they port battle but they will finnaly succes to push us out of this land. Not because they are more, not because they are better, but because even if french win 4 on 5 port battle, each time we lost a port we are not able to capture it back.

We are spending our entire evening defending our port against ennemy that show up or not depending on their forces but we are not able to attack them as they are hiding behind false timer.

Henri, you can close this topic or at least rename it. I respect the guys that fight us because they are good opponent and able to sunk with bravery around but we can't respect british council neither british nation. Using all this traps to defeat a nation they were insulting few weeks ago will not make us our friend neither this war a friendly war.

We have fought the dans, we have fight the dutch, but we alwais respect their captain and their tacticians. British is falling in that marking his nation for weeks (maybe not month) to wash up their reputation.

If you can't control a large portion on the map it's maybe because you don't desserve it or because it's too big. Using the game mecanic to still get it it slowly but surely killing players motivation to pllay against you but more sureley play the game before this kinds of things are fixed.

I could barely understand your point to use this ***** tactics to protect your vital ports but you are now using it for all your ports. You don't want to make a war, you want to get a victory at all cost.

French reputation, honnor and hand will stay as clean as before. You can troll us, and you already did in this thread treating us as traitor, coward but for thoses asking why french turn up in british ennemy after have been ally with you, just looks on what you are doing and what you have done.

A short summary starting 1 week before black friday for the french perspectiv. It's probably not the britih perspectiv but i hope it will help the british captain to understand while we are in war althgouth we don't have any hate against you in particular, just with your instutitions.

- British refuse to help french

- One more time britain (slrn) is ask to open a front against dutch to make the french able to breath. The french were in war for 3 weeks, the frontier was setup on pampater and both nation failed to go further.

While the british should have attack our mutual ennemy they choosed to attack our mutaul...allies.... RAE wich was in the 4 way alliance SLRN/HRE/RAE/EdR allies treaty. So dons were wipped out of panama by dutch+britain.

So the dutch were not forced anymore to fight on west and we begin to feel the pression into the fight. We ask then our allie to attack the dutch to not make all of them come on us as they destroy the RAE who were doing the job. SLRN affirm they were in war with dutch but in the same time refuse to make a fake attack on them to not direct the dutch on their side.

While refusing this small action, it allow all of the ditch to turn on east on french and organised their now called black friday with the dans. British (slrn/charles) were ask several time to put pression on dans what has been made to take haiti but neitehr further to really help sweden/french. They organise attack many times with french/sweden on dans to decrease their number but alwais launch the flags after us to be sure to have the less pression in their fight. It allow them to take haiti back on 100% against the dans but this tactic didn't allow the sweden/french to take port on west as our flag were launch before the british one althought we planned on paper to make them on same time.

- After balck friday, Dutch and Dans themself come to negociate with french. We didn't ask for it but we wouldhve been stupid to not listen them. British start to moke us and insult us when dans and dutch propose us a cease fire (it's the key point on the destroy on our relation when you could just have give us a kiss and a hug and say you will be ready for the fight in two weeks after cease fire)

-  British try hard ot divide the nation saying we are like in WWII colaboring with ennemy ; i've read insults making comparaison between me and petain (rest of relations destroyed). A topic is open by britain asinf french to desobay the treatys.

- CSNF change. 6 more society join it making it a 11 way organisation

- British continue to treatus dogs pupetts and more

- Frtench declare war with britain planning to move on panama to attack it on a new front. (the one they were supposed to have with dutch if they would not have cheat on us with amsterdam)

-  British captain treat us as stupid coward when french declare war, saying we can't join you cause of the dutch why you supposed we declare war

-  British captain treating us stupid and idiot when we reach panama saying we will be wiped in 1 day

- Britain is loosing most of  PB in primetime against french in 25v25 ports

- Britain stop to defend their port calling south forces on north against pirates/dans and loose a large part of territory on south. A territory they were not able to defend in 25v25 btw.

- British switch port timer to noght to prevent french to continue on yucatan

- Britain start negociating with french about a safe war area where they would not fuck up the timer if we accept to not continue to attack them. => no negociation without spanish=no negociation

- British council decide that the tactic to use false timer is working (it is) and is legit (it is) (and that a victory is better than a reputation.)

- British switch all of their port in night /mid day timer to prevent any attack of their port)

- British post a "GG topic" thinking the war was over

- French reorganise and build an united front with dons (the only 2 nation still in total war with english))

- Altought the british are fighting on one front, their council don't change their timer seeing it's work. They abandon there first defense "we need false timer to help against 4 front battl" and have a new tactic "destroying the game better thant loosing useless port")

- Into the GG topic, british captain go back to insult french like in last topic as the war is not over. French continue to argue about false timer, british about their good intention to fight fair ennemy but not in defense just in attack

This summary is the war seeing on our side, we are not asking why the british are attack by all the nation, we know why. What i've said is what we think has happend. you could get an other view of the reason on the war and sme may come to say it's false and they make all they can for allies blablabpa but one more time this summary is not the truth, it's the french ttuth.

I'm enjoying to play the game to have fights, even if you exploit to put conil flag i enjoyed the battle in, but not allowing any ennemy to attack you as first doctinr will not make your nation or your council loved by ennemy.

Come to discut with it, maybe with diplomats of other nation and organising something to save the game before you crappy ideas, copying by some nation lead the game in a dark hole.

Thks for the attention, no potato for you you don't desserveit atm :-p

• Like 7

Of course timers are relevant on this war. Because every capped port goes to AUTZ straight up. There is nothing wrong in setting up the timers in your best timezone. Conil was set to Australia TZ, as we expected. Yesterday we prevented 3 flags from reaching our ports, because we were there to fight them, even if our enemy is bigger with better ships. We don't care, as we will play and we will fight for what is ours. If we had lost them, I'm pretty sure the timers would be also in AUTZ. I'm willing to believe they have a huge AUTZ playerbase which i'm glad because I have great australian friends.

What i have a bit of a hard time to believe is that all of this australians are also playing at 5am their time to fight us in our primetime. This is, of course, unless they want to completely deny the possibility to fight back because the vast majority of our playerbase shares the same european timezone. Of course the narrative falls appart quite soon.

Denying fights is a valid strategy from a gameplay point of view, covering your back, etc. I see no reason to do this when the odds are not against you, but still. It is not a bad idea.

Whatever the outcome of this war is, i'm glad that we can tag along with french because they are great to play with.

See you in OW.

Edited by Migui
  • Like 1

Henry D'Esterre is right. Timer has nothing to do with this 

THREAD.

Why? Because there are a thousand threads about port timers already. And this thread wasn't started to argue about port timer but to thanks opponents FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE OP for the fun he had the last couple of weeks. That's what this thread's supposed to be about. Not more arguing about port timers and lack of balance in the gameplay. There are no good guys here. Everyone decided to keep vomiting barely hidden insults and sterile debates, which was precisely what the OP wanted to forget, just for this thread. It pains me that people find pleasure in seeking fights in every situation possible, especially if no fights have been started before hand. Is it possible for someone to share an opinion and a point of view without people reminding him that he can't say GG because pvp was a mess? In a fucking early access STILL IN DEVELOPMENT game? I swear to god, wether it is here or on Star Citizen forums it's always the same, people feel the need to complain everywhere, spam the forum with it, even when specific threads have been made about it, because, you know. People don't have the right to be happy about something when there is a problem. It's way more important than everything they think was good in their experience, 

Edited by Castillon

Just my two cents: since the OP speaks about a supposed "friendly war" between France and GB and since some players of the French faction argue that such claimed friendly attitude of GB towards France in this war actually never existed (due also to timers, among other things), one could infere that also the Timer problem belongs to the object of the THREAD.

Edited by victor
  • Like 4

Just my two cents: since the OP speaks about a supposed "friendly war" between France and GB and since some players of the French faction argue that such claimed friendly attitude of GB towards France in this war actually never existed (due also to timers, among other things), one could infere that also the Timer problem belongs to the object of the THREAD.

It saddens me, but I have to agree with Victor at the current state of game mechanics - port timer metagaming plays a huge role in how civil or uncivil the wars are being fought these past weeks. As such, I admit that I am in disagreement with Monsieur d'Esterre Darby.

• Like 2

Everything in RvR is about timer. When a nation donesn't need to defend and have the initiative of attack, the game is totally broken. 

Their is no fun, no fairplay, no friendly war, the original thread is hypocritical. 

• Like 4

And yet, the map keeps changing... So clearly the timers are not an insurmountable obstacle for everyone. If you NEED that port badly enough, you'll do what everyone else does. Make a plan and set an alarm clock. Do you think it's a coincidence that ~90% of port flipping happens Thurs - Sunday?!

The port timer system may not be perfect, but EVERYONE has the same advantages and disadvantages. So deal with it until they decide when/if they want to change it.

• Like 3

Everything in RvR is about timer. When a nation donesn't need to defend and have the initiative of attack, the game is totally broken. 

Their is no fun, no fairplay, no friendly war, the original thread is hypocritical. 

Agreed. So unless the policy of National News is changed to "strictly roleplay" or something, there is no way to keep the discussion of port timer metagaming out of any thread in here.

Edit: DISCLAIMER - I am not in any way involved in the Franco-British war personally. I am commenting strictly on the effect of port timer metagaming on the player community at large and on national wars, not pointing fingers at anyone in here.

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 1

If you really want to know the object of the thread, just ask Captain Underpants.. he is the one who created it..

Well the British/French war in Panama seems to be coming to a speedy conclusion now.

It has been strongly suggested amongst British clans that a topic such as this be posted to thank the French for giving us such a fun couple of weeks in-game.

../..

Thank you to France - we tip our hats to you!

This thread is only supposed to be mutual thanks between French an Brits for the fun they had in the pas fight in Panama.

But as i see, know one here seems to be able to confess that most of the fights we've got was fun and pleasant.

So i can just thanks the brits for the fight we had, had hope that we will continue to fight each other with fun..

Timer have nothing to do in this thread.

If you want to create a troll timer thread please create one.

• Like 5

Horail said it. Exactly my point. Playing with words to allow yourself to copy-paste the same debate again is trolling. And it clearly wasn't the op ambition when he opened this thread. Does that mean you don't have the right to talk about it? Of course not. You're free to write whatever you want. But by taking hostage every single thread about this war you're denying everyone else from having a discussion from another point of view. No one said there wasn't any problem with pvp right now. But that does not mean it's the only thing we should care about in the game.

La liberté des uns s'arrête là où commence celle des autres.

you're denying everyone else from having a discussion from another point of view.

In which way posting about something denies someone else from having a discussion from another point of view?

If you want to bring up something, just do it. Just like everyone else does?

Fair Play is an English word!

I am convinced that by refusing to apply the weapon timers, the French, at least in this game, have appropriated the word.

I can, however, understand that, cornered, the English was able to use it.

We must all hope that, very soon, developers will offer us a better battle system.

Now I say that the next one will add an insulting word for the other party will qualify himself as a fool, a boor and an insult to his own nation.

I wait with impatience, the name of this one.

Alanxo accommodating privateer :)

Edited by Alanxo

In which way posting about something denies someone else from having a discussion from another point of view?

If you want to bring up something, just do it. Just like everyone else does?

Of course you'd say that.

Well. I'm sure it's very easy to have a discussion with someone with:

"Friendly? you put shitty timer on your ports, you are locking the game,  their is any fun in this war right now."

"Really? A Spanish player is telling another nation that something "doesn't shine any good light on you." That's like a thief complaining that someone else is littering."

"Haha, no. The French are driven by two things, and neither of them would fit with an attack on the US."

And a couple pages of that kind of posts in between. 

10 posts. 10. Before this thread get derailed for 13 pages. That's not a proper way to "discuss". Imagine 2 people talking to each other and 25 people shouting 2 meters from here.

Wich words you didn't understood in 'Friendly War', frendly or WAR ?

Most of the post avec the page 5 is just french & spain smacktalk against brit.

The thread creator told it more than once ! 

Please keep this thread friendly guys and free of saltiness and arguments etc - that iwas not the purpose of my post.

Ok - this isn't what I intended this thread to be when I started it. So is it possible for a mod/admin to lock it now?

Brit want to avoid the battle with timer, that is their choice ! it's what we call WAR.

The admin/dev/moderator seems to have sayed that those timers aren't concidered like "exploiting/un-sportmanshiplike behavior/players of low moral standing/etc."

If you want to change things go post in suggestions topic. but please stop troll every post with thoses timers.

as i sayed earlier If you really want to create a troll post about thoses trimers, please look before how many ports have thoses timers and look which nation used them... there is only 3 nation that doesn't use them..........

Edited by horail
  • Like 2

Yada yada yada and the merry go round continues!

Now if when France decided they wanted a bit of PVP fun they could have come to us possibly right at the start and said we would like to have some friendly pvp / port battles can we take port x as a base of operations and fight over ports y and z at a set time every day I am sure you might of got a friendly arrangement out of it.

Now that's what I call a friendly war.

Now I know France came to us and offered a similar thing but this was once they reached Gracias Dios but by then the writing was already on the cards and the so called friendly war that could have been ceased to exist.

While fights were all ways met with good grace and gentlemanly conduct for the most parts things only turned sour here when the Spanish pitched up to help France and the forum pvp started.

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN

Plerrick de baddas you said one very important thing that is correct. you said your description was from YOUR point of view. it was, it is very biased and of course we have our point of view too. your level of anger is totally inappropriate and unfair. just a few points for you to help you understand.

- The british nation was not united when you had your alliance. there was no council and no agreed alliances. you WERE NOT allied with britian. you were allied with a minority of clans. Thus it WAS NOT your allies who attacked RAE. there were a lot of internal problems and discussions that you did not see, that made it impossible for Britain as a nation to help you.

- You talk of our failure to do what you want as betrayal. no. some of our clans were your allies, not your troops to order around as you like. you requested help and we were unable to provide it the way you wanted. really it was innappropriate to have allies so far apart anyway. we couldnt save you anymore than you could save yourself. quit blaming us for your problems.

- In your war against us in Panama you make it sound like you beat us every time there is a proper fight. this is nonsense. i have been in a very large number of the battles between the french and english and we have won more of the 25v25 battles i have expereinced. You claim you are 'better' but there is no basis for this. sometimes you win fair battles, sometimes we do. in my personal experience it is more often us. in the first battles in panama we were actually much more successful than you in the full battles especially in the open water where our frigate screen destroyed yours frequently, since then it has been more mixed as you have got better. You forget that we re-captured all our territory on YOUR time, in the face of your entire fleet. your fleet mostly avoided combat with ours and you abandoned your ports just like we did. why is it wrong when we do that but ok when you do it? You seem to think this war is only for french entertainment and should be fought just according to what you want. but what about us? does what we want not matter? often now you are winning because you are the defenders, who have the advantage. and you have the spanish, so you outnumber us. this is normal i war, the side with the advantage and the momentum changes. but it is nonsense that the british are not good in battles, we are very succesfull. equally it would be nonsense that the french arent very good in battle, as we have found you to be worthy opponents. stick to the truth eh?

- You complain about insults against you from brit players and you are correct that it is unacceptable to refer to WW2 etc. however this is the internet, there are bad people on every side and they do not represent the nation as a whole. you CANNOT say that all of Britain is bad because some players insulted you. spanish and french players have been insulting me personally in this thread and trolling and insulting britian in general too. a lot of it. does this mean all of those nations are bad? no of course you say the french and spanish are lovely, ignoring the fact the spanish use the same tactics (or as you call them exploits) that you hate so much. you cannot apply these double standards where you condemn my nation for doing the same things that you ignore in your own and your allies. 

- I will not go through all your arguments about the timers because we have been asked not to. there is nothing else to say there. our american players defended Conil last night, its in their timezone. quit whinging about legit game mechanics. useing them does not make us bad people. it makes us multinational and sensible.

Your anger helps no one. it is extremely biased and illogical. holding grudges like this against an entire nation is childish. we were not even a nation when the insults you claim were given, we were groups of clans that didnt even agree on what to do. this is a game, if you dont enjoy they way it is going i suggest you change your approach. the original poster of this thread is not 'wrong', he cannot be wrong as it is his experience that he describes. there are a lot of french players who are also enjoying this war. i know that because i have come to know a lot of them though the fighting. we exchange friendly messages after battles congratulating the winner. we arrange 1v1 duels when things are quiet, we have FUN and enjoy each others efforts. WE are having a friendly war because we CHOOSE to. you have decided to just take a biased view and get angry with everything and it will do you no good whatsoever. i have heard members of your own nation say to me in private that you are driven by hatred and a need to destroy the british nation and that they dont like this. so maybe you need to look at yourself more eh? do YOU really represent France? i think you represent a minority and you like to whip up the hatred with exaggeration to help your cause.

Plerrick i would be happy to duel you in equal ships any time so you can gauge my skill and behavior. Ranger in game. message me. we have fought many times in fleet battles and i dont remember being on the losing side very often. I had a duel with horail just last night because we were bored after the fighting. Horail, was it fun and friendly? was i not skillful? how does that fit into Plerricks description of all brits? it does not. i have done the same with Charles le forbe and Bourganville. we have fun and dont get angry with each other. its not hard to do. it really isnt.

Please stop making the problem worse with this nonsense. you are part of the problem not the solution.

Edited by JCDC

not necessary to answer as said it's the point on view of the people i'm playuing on ts that i shared, neither mine neither the real truth, just how we see what happend. You take it personnaly and answer a biased view. We know it's biased because it's OUR point of view.

Duel? Why not, i don't think i'm bad but ofc there is people around playing better.

As said, we got respect for the captain take one per one or 25v25 but not for the tactics of your nation and the trolls around that get the upper hand into this thread because they are trolling people that can't barrely understand them and not answer.

We can't respect this captains.

One more time, it's hard for us to see who is who, dans spanish, british, troll...The only thing "official" we can see is the map, and the timers on it.

The rest is just world spoken from captain thinking they are speaking for their nation, captains thinking they will not be interpret as speaking for their nation, and people trolling about everything.

Having 4 duel or 10 fair battle don't make a friendly war neither changing the fact you use anything you can to get advantage on others players.

Most of the french hate your way of battle, not you personnaly but the tactics you use to get advantage. It's probably why the "friendly war" is as easy as saying "gg" to someone when you just powned him on CSgo.