Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

Gentlemen. How about we let the developers decide what is, or is not an exploit?

I am sure you could drag ship into combat across that small piece of land would that be an exploit too?

People will always push the game rules to a limit some people are very clever at using game mechanics to get an advantage are they exploiters or simply clever thinkers? Its an age old argument but it takes these out the box thinkers to highlight the issues in the first place.

The only people who can pass judgement on such matters in my opinion are the ones who made the game.

We are all here in early access stage of the game and the more issues that get raised the better the end product will be. Instead of flinging exploit accusations at each other inform the devs and lets have their response copied and pasted here to see who is or in fact isn't exploiting.

Yeah its actually not an exploit, its really just a poor game mechanic that both sides have used. when the spanish kept using it against us we didnt even complain it was so minor compared to every other dirty trick that has been used against us.

However, now that it is convenient to use it to fuel the hate campaign against the British suddenly spanish players think it proves we are a nation of cheaters.

I think the main problem is the French have not been exposed before to the nasty style of warfare that we british have been exposed to by our attackers. so it is all new to them and upsetting. given how well they behave in game and how good an opponent they are i think we should be more careful to return the favour. its difficult when the spanish and french fleets are mingled and working together but the french deserve a lot more respect for the way they conduct themselves in game, which is admirable. they are fun to fight each and every night and i had a lot of people send me messages congratulating me for the port battle last night. apparently i was being watched by 100 people on twitch! from the spanish players i have only had troll messages offering me tissues or insulting me. shame.

We should make sure we keep the war with them friendly so that it stays fun. the spanish, well we can use their tricks against them to be fair.

I do not complain of placing the flag but the disappearance of the fleet of boats port attack.

The purchase of 2 flags at once by the same player.

Nobody understands what this means, the disappearance. when? how? where?

And is it impossible for one player to have 2 flags? i dont know. if it is not impossible, what is the problem?

Edited by JCDC

I do not complain of placing the flag but the disappearance of the fleet of boats port attack.

The purchase of 2 flags at once by the same player.

The server crashed twice last night for a lot of people during the skirmishing and many lost connection me included.

I heard on TS from those that did not loose connection that fleets had disappeared this would of been quite early along the coast from Xpu.  If this is not what your talking about, report it to the developers. 

when the spanish kept using it against us we didnt even complain it was so minor compared to every other dirty trick that has been used against us

Pics or it didn't happen.

Coming from the guy that shed a river of tears on the tribunal just yesterday saying that if port handling wasn't an exploit should become illegal this is hilarious and pathetic equally.

Now you cry about tricks. If you have had a single proof you would have ran to the tribunal just like a toddler goes to cry to mom and dad. Since you haven't done that it means that you are just making noise and trying to mess it up.

You have recognized that you got that port circumventing the geography so stop trying to tell the rest how we are supposed to play this game.

Edited by Migui

Yeah its actually not an exploit, its really just a poor game mechanic that both sides have used. when the spanish kept using it against us we didnt even complain it was so minor compared to every other dirty trick that has been used against us.

However, now that it is convenient to use it to fuel the hate campaign against the British suddenly spanish players think it proves we are a nation of cheaters.

I think the main problem is the French have not been exposed before to the nasty style of warfare that we british have been exposed to by our attackers. so it is all new to them and upsetting. given how well they behave in game and how good an opponent they are i think we should be more careful to return the favour. its difficult when the spanish and french fleets are mingled and working together but the french deserve a lot more respect for the way they conduct themselves in game, which is admirable. they are fun to fight each and every night and i had a lot of people send me messages congratulating me for the port battle last night. apparently i was being watched by 100 people on twitch! from the spanish players i have only had troll messages offering me tissues or insulting me. shame.

We should make sure we keep the war with them friendly so that it stays fun. the spanish, well we can use their tricks against them to be fair.

Nobody understands what this means, the disappearance. when? how? where?

And is it impossible for one player to have 2 flags? i dont know. if it is not impossible, what is the problem?

The fact is that you used it and you are excusing yourself, so if somebody will use it, i hope you will not protest about it,  about spanish behaivor, really now? don´t  throw shit against us, your behavior against us didn´t were  respectful so don´t expect respect from all spanish faction.

• Like 1

What's all this about a disappearing fleet? Can anyone elaborate? Regardless, sounds more like a server-side issue if large numbers of ships are vanishing.

And why don't we keep this thread in line with its beginning, if you guys think you have a case against the evil, cheating British nation, take it to the tribunal. Frankly I think you're blowing a lot of hot air over nothing just to draw attention from what you and your Pirate masters have done.

Lol, its a broken record, you guys just go round and round. you invented this trick, you used it against us many times. now you cry and rage against us when we use it back.

Migui you are a very poor quality troll, your words are pure hypocrisy and everyone here can see it.

LOL at 'pics or it didnt happen'. rofl. where are your pics of last night? you offered none. we didn't complain because it was so minor. i shed no river of tears, i asked a question about a game mechanic exploit and got the answer i wanted that it is not allowed, despite all the trolls posting in the topic trying to end it. it is not me telling you how to play the game here, it is the opposite. all you have is lies and hypocrisy.

And typical spanish we DIDNT protest about it, when the Spanish invented it. so what is the point of what you are saying? and it is Spanish throwing shit against us here and us replying. so, i really dont think you understand anything?

That screenshot was taken after the flag carrier had been killed in a open sea battle while trying to get to Mugres and Conttonoy. All the time the flag carrier was in combat last night the timer did not show up the flags were lost at sea the ship carrying them was a 3rd rate the fleet which that ship was tagged in was just east of Xpu hu. It was not an exploit it should be reported as a bug.

As a result the flags were lost and the flag carrier could not continue his journey.

There is not a rule that says anyone player could buy multiple flags if he had the cash available.

The flags weigh 100 each a 3rd rate can carry 3 flags this is not exploiting it is using the game mechanics as designed.

• Like 2

Lol, its a broken record, you guys just go round and round. you invented this trick, you used it against us many times. now you cry and rage against us when we use it back.

Migui you are a very poor quality troll, your words are pure hypocrisy and everyone here can see it.

LOL at 'pics or it didnt happen'. rofl. where are your pics of last night? you offered none. we didn't complain because it was so minor. i shed no river of tears, i asked a question about a game mechanic exploit and got the answer i wanted that it is not allowed, despite all the trolls posting in the topic trying to end it. it is not me telling you how to play the game here, it is the opposite. all you have is lies and hypocrisy.

And typical spanish we DIDNT protest about it, when the Spanish invented it. so what is the point of what you are saying? and it is Spanish throwing shit against us here and us replying. so, i really dont think you understand anything?

Look mate i am not going to continue arguing over this because it is pointless and i don't want to contribute to an even more toxic environment. And not even going to bother taking it to a personal level because it is even more pointless and ridiculous.

Being able to enter a port overcoming geography is not a minor thing and i'm sure developers will agree. If it is a broken mechanic, that has been used by one, two or every nation, it should be fixed and people has to report it, because we are here to help in the development. Because exploits are not good for the game. Trying to achieve goals by cheating is despicable and stupid. I am not going to be held accountable for something that might have been done by someone within my nation, i know i personally don't support this, at any level and if you have proof please report it in the tribunal and i promise that you will have my support. Cheaters kill games and have to be prosecuted and banned permanently. A port is not more important than honesty.

I am not going to keep posting over this topic.

Have a nice day and fair seas.

• Like 1

Well now suddenly a reasonable post! i agree with everything you are saying pretty much for a change, as i said i didn't like that we used it but you were holding us responsible as a nation for that decision and branding us all as wrong for it. we didn't plan it, it was a last minute impulse when we got there and the button became active. Its not great but its not worth all this incredible anger that you and others directed. it doesnt support the statements you made. it is highly relevant that it was done to us first. we wouldnt have even known it was possible if it wasnt!

However it is not something that the tribunal would deal with either way, its a game mechanic that isn't finished yet and hopefully it will be fixed. calling it cheating and calling for a ban is misunderstanding what cheating is. cheating is going outside the game rules, like it or not the land is not involved in the rules about planting flags. so be carefull who you call cheaters.

Anyway glad this argument is over, i think you should be more restrained in future with your criticism. as you say, if you think there is something wrong with the game tell the devs in the appropriate forum. this flame war helps no one. When i had a problem i did not flame in this thread or any other, i reported sensibly and factually in the tribunal thread what my concern was, i asked the question if it was allowed and i am happy with the response they gave. this is the correct way to raise problems, it is not 'a river of tears' etc. 

I hope we have more fun battles tonight in game and not on the forum.

Edited by JCDC

Guys please.

The dissapearing trick issue has just been reported in the tribunal. If it was invented by spanish, I dont know, but it should be repaired as soon as possible no matter who "invented" it.

Well i suggest we'll all calm down, i'm sure this kind of thing don't happen anymore between our nations, cause we're all smart ppl :)

Just take some popcorn, sit down confortably in your sit and look this great battle :) Hopefully, i sink early in the battle and i can film it :)

or on our guilde website (free advertising i must admint ^^ and yes we are recruiting :Dhttp://www.alliance-corsaires-royaux.fr/?p=391&preview=true

See u all

Edited by charognard666
  • Like 2

Guys please.

The dissapearing trick issue has just been reported in the tribunal. If it was invented by spanish, I dont know, but it should be repaired as soon as possible no matter who "invented" it.

how close was you? was the weather foggy? i've seen ships pop in and out and put it down render distance/DCed players

yeah an accusation of something that i think is impossible to be real cannot be used against us. wait for the outcome of the tribunal. i dont see any way that this is a real exploit, i dont think the server mechanics would allow it but people will want to beleive it so it gives them more things to shout at us about. i really dont think its true at all.

Ah Chargonard it was you i rammed off our Santi at the start of the battle! you were lucky, i was going to board you but i just missed it. i had full boarding load out and later you saw me use it on the Pavel. :)

You guys put up such a good fight in that battle against our bigger ships. its a really interesting battle when you get more small ships of the line against fewer big ones like that. its totally different to normal 25 vs 25 battles.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

What was the problem in Corrientes?

If I understand the baffling array of dodgy accusations, it's something like:

* Flag planting distance is within a certain radius of the port you want to hit. It's pretty far. Surprisingly far, really.

* For some ports, this means you can actually plant the flag from the other side of some land -- your view of the port is blocked (and a blockading fleet can't see you) but you can drop the flag because you're within the required radius.

* You then get into a battle where your BR is much higher than the other side's -- I think this happens if you let 1 enemy attack 1 teammate and then your team piles in. Now attacker BR is not enough to hold the defender in combat and the defender can just click to exit (this was meant to prevent trolling, I think, but seems ill conceived).

* Now your fleet is invisible/invincible and can sail to the port battle marker.

Blockading a port battle almost never works. Even if you don't have these problems, all you really need is to get hit and have most or all of your fleet escape (which is usually not that hard) and then they have invuln to the port battle.

Those are my assumptions. If that's accurate then really the fixes are:

* Being able to exit a battle instantly due to BR difference should not be allowed. Given the open sea requirements for tackling to begin with, I feel like this is unneeded and used as an abuse by the defender more than a legitimate anti-troll tool.

* Port battle flags drop radius should be reduced by about 75%. Really I think you should just have to drop it at the dock-enter range.

(Or, better yet, just revise the entire concept of how "port flipping" works.)

Nothing in this thread or the tribunal actually explains the "exploit" in detailed steps. It's hard to tell if anyone here has any idea what they're talking about.

[edit: I wonder if it's also possible that they were able to click to join the port battle from the other side of that land, too. "Click to join battle" has a fairly far radius. Not sure if it applies here but I can imagine there are places in the game where you could join a battle from the other side of a small strip of land.]

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

We were not using this thing where you can leave a battle instantly to our advantage. in fact it was something we were trying to avoid as we did not want to get tagged at all. but when the battle says you can leave, you leave! the  'dissapearance' thing is just some nonsense about not understanding invisiblity timers i think. as ever it is spun into 'britain cheats' propoganda.

i agree that the radius for dropping the assault flag should be smaller but they know the port assault mechanics arent good and a change is being planned.

[edit: I wonder if it's also possible that they were able to click to join the port battle from the other side of that land, too. "Click to join battle" has a fairly far radius. Not sure if it applies here but I can imagine there are places in the game where you could join a battle from the other side of a small strip of land.]

From what i've seen from Flag plants from a distance - not across land as personally i have not seen that, the battle pops up in the default place outside of the port. All planting at range seems to do is just that, plant the flag. However as you said if one ship is tagged, the rest of their fleet can and usually will jump in so that the BR is to high and they can exit with Invisibility/Invulnerability. 

Now i do condone this kind of thing, however before when spanish players where accusing us british players of using a tactic (as that's more what it's turned out to be so far due to current game mechanics) that was created by spanish players during the early stage of the British/Spanish war, then that's where all these flame wars and arguments start. 

Now there's been so much hate about the british using tactics that our enemies are using but i don't see why, if its used against us, why can't we use it back, why is there so much hate when we use it but when other nations do it to us, its like "Hey man, that was a great tactic used there against the british, when they use it back on one of us, we'll just cry foul right?"

From what i've seen from Flag plants from a distance - not across land as personally i have not seen that, the battle pops up in the default place outside of the port. All planting at range seems to do is just that, plant the flag. However as you said if one ship is tagged, the rest of their fleet can and usually will jump in so that the BR is to high and they can exit with Invisibility/Invulnerability. 

Now i do condone this kind of thing, however before when spanish players where accusing us british players of using a tactic (as that's more what it's turned out to be so far due to current game mechanics) that was created by spanish players during the early stage of the British/Spanish war, then that's where all these flame wars and arguments start. 

Now there's been so much hate about the british using tactics that our enemies are using but i don't see why, if its used against us, why can't we use it back, why is there so much hate when we use it but when other nations do it to us, its like "Hey man, that was a great tactic used there against the british, when they use it back on one of us, we'll just cry foul right?"

Because even if the spanish fleet was the Tag force, yesterday in Conil you fight French fleet, and i don't think you can say we had use any trick like it with you since we are fighting :) 

But really, the important thing is, we re all alright to say, this is a bad mechanic and the way the flag is planted must be changed and take the land in consideration, simple logic and tactic fact. Lets speack about others and more pleasant subjects now mates...

• Like 1