Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

I was in the french fleet and I must confirm that british fleet didn't disappear from my screen.. I followed them between Tumbado and Conil..

Every time they "popped out" of the open world it was because they were tagged and engage in a battle.

But, some of us wasn't able to see the battle swords..

(The only thing that bother me is that i'm not sur to understand the "flag drop" mechanism and if there is really a way to stop it in the 2 minutes..

It seems that some member of our fleet had the flag carrier in a battle, and the PB starts "2s or 10s" after he escaped from it. I've seen this twice, so maybe it supposed to work like that)

By the way, Yesterday was a great fight, and lots of french enjoy it. I think that is the way the game is suppose to go !

Have fun and see ya on OW

Edited by horail
  • Like 1

Was that a different flag carrier? you had 3 of our flag carriers intercepted but 1 did get through. i was there when he planted the flag and he was not in battle. possibly you mistook cunil for cuyo flag?

Anyway, glad you had fun too. maybe see you tonight ;) for another 'victory'.

HuTmsOq.png

Can you justify this now Brits?

Once again it has been proven that this faction abuses port timers to completely deny any retaliation from other factions. The red dots faction has fallen so low now it's unbelievable.

The sad thing is someone will come and attempt to defend the indefensible.

This is such a dumb argument. The flag needs to be within X miles to be planted. You know this. You tried to blockade directly in front of the port, and that doesn't work. If you defend by the port itself, you need to fight the port battle. 

You want to intercept the flag? Then intercept the flag. But don't sit on port and expect you have BOTH a shot at intercepting the flag and fighting the port battle. 

I wouldn't even dream about complaining and accusing the other side as cheaters if they did that to us, I'd rather ask my own side why we didn't move out to intercept the flag. But you can only blame others, every time. Never yourself, you are never at fault.

Of course we can, read the same posts two weeks back when this was first brought up. Why do we have to repeat this over and over?

Well i suggest we'll all calm down, i'm sure this kind of thing don't happen anymore between our nations, cause we're all smart ppl :)

Just take some popcorn, sit down confortably in your sit and look this great battle :) Hopefully, i sink early in the battle and i can film it :)

or on our guilde website (free advertising i must admint ^^ and yes we are recruiting :Dhttp://www.alliance-corsaires-royaux.fr/?p=391&preview=true

See u all

OMG.  I lost it when the British showed up with a "SURPRISE F#*&ERS!" on the chat...... Hilarious!!!

-Ski

HuTmsOq.png

Once again it has been proven that this faction abuses port timers to completely deny any retaliation from other factions. The red dots faction has fallen so low now it's unbelievable.

The sad thing is someone will come and attempt to defend the indefensible.

Oh for gods sake, every other nation in your alliance apart from the french uses this same timers against us. how can you be so biased to say that it is only us who is wrong? the pirates do this, the spanish do this, the danes do this. why is it ok for them and not for us? where are your posts complaining about them?

Pathetic argument. its part of the game. deal with it.

Oh for gods sake, every other nation in your alliance apart from the french uses this same timers against us. how can you be so biased to say that it is only us who is wrong? the pirates do this, the spanish do this, the danes do this. why is it ok for them and not for us? where are your posts complaining about them?

Pathetic argument. its part of the game. deal with it.

Neither the Danes nor the Spanish nor the Pirates are spearheading your territory with 4-6 timers (Like the red dot nation is doing and has done in the past) so quit saying that everyone else is doing it against you. It's a petty lie.

Well i suggest we'll all calm down, i'm sure this kind of thing don't happen anymore between our nations, cause we're all smart ppl :)

Just take some popcorn, sit down confortably in your sit and look this great battle :) Hopefully, i sink early in the battle and i can film it :)

or on our guilde website (free advertising i must admint ^^ and yes we are recruiting :Dhttp://www.alliance-corsaires-royaux.fr/?p=391&preview=true

See u all

Can anybody explain what happened at 23:18???  The flooding disappears.  Is this a hack???

-Ski

Edited by Teamski

Neither the Danes nor the Spanish nor the Pirates are spearheading your territory with 4-6 timers (Like the red dot nation is doing and has done in the past) so quit saying that everyone else is doing it against you. It's a petty lie.

WRONG!!!!

The danes captured Serrana and did that 2 days ago. its an island in the middle of our territory and they set it to 4-6AM to make capture harder and that is just the latest example. i have'nt exactly kept records of when it has happened before but it happens a lot and its just not important enough.

Not only that but the spanish captured Santa fe, Daguilla, siguanea and Cocodrillo from us last week and 3 out of 4 of those are set to 4-6AM RIGHT NOW. so, yes the spanish do it to us.

I am not lying just because you dont actually bother to check your facts.

What did we do about Serrana? we didnt whinge on the forums, we dealt with it. 

Edited by JCDC

Just last night we attacked Serrana and took it from the Danes in the 4-6 window. If that wasn't spearheading an attack with a 4-6 timer, then what is?

Edit: As JCDC says, a lot of these 'exploits' (the ones that aren't really exploits) get used against the British, we just don't come here and scream about it.

Edited by DarkFenix

Wrong

The danes captured Serrana and did that 2 days ago. its an island in the middle of our territory and they set it to 4-6AM to make capture harder and that is just the latest example. i have'nt exactly kept records of when it has happened before but it happens a lot and its just not important enough.

I am not lying just because you dont actually bother to check your facts.

What did we do about Serrana? we didnt whinge on the forums, we dealt with it.

Ask the danes about it.

Try harder with the "Everyone is doing it" fallacy.

Edited by Conde

So what? Maybe they're doing it too now since you've been doing it against everyone else since the beggining of time. Either way it doesn't shine any good light on you.

Try harder with the "Everyone is doing it" fallacy.

quit moving the Goal posts

Sorry, you just punched me in the irony with your answer and it really threw me off.

'Maybe' they are doing it because we did it first? that's the best you can do after telling me that i am lying that our enemies do it?

I understand that you dont have the courage to admit you were wrong in public and that you were throwing around accusations without checking them (being THAT wrong in public is embarrassing) but the best you can come back with is:

'they're doing it too' followed by 'everyone is doing it fallacy'

So pls, while i go get some more popcorn, tell me. is it or is it not true that the others do it too? you seem to be contradicting your self very heavily in your desperate retreat.

Thanks

Edited by JCDC

I don't post that often unless I really see an affront to my colleagues.

@Conde please as has been pointed out to you before other nations do set thier timers to 4-6 as well as Spain and have been doing so since the server went live.

We the British nation do not deny that we set timers to suit ourselves its part of the game we do not complain repeatedly about the times set only when other nations are complaining about ours so we respond.

Yes I agree it's probably bad form form but we have been fighting a war on 4 fronts luckily we have two three nations that because of thier own issues do not want to fight us right now.

Can you tell me that if Spain was in the GB position in the map and was under attack from 4 nations that you would not try to close down a flank tactically by setting the timers to a time that favours Spain! I can tell you for sure after three months of fighting you would be doing the same as we do as we cannot fight 4 fronts at the same time so we closed a front down.

Please tell me what timers are set to on Jamaica no wait I will do it for you 16-18 prime time for the euros fighting in the British nation.

Denmark and the Pirates have stopped attacking there every day because we can get the flags intercepted in open waters and smother them out before they reach port.

The flag at Conil was originally set for 22-24 the tactician in our council said no change it to 4-6 as it gives us a FOB tactically much better for us, now we can buy flags from 2 close ports :)

Sorry, you just punched me in the irony with your answer and it really threw me off.

'Maybe' they are doing it because we did it first? that's the best you can do after telling me that i am lying that our enemies do it?

I understand that you dont have the courage to admit you were wrong in public and that you were throwing around accusations without checking them (being THAT wrong in public is embarrassing) but the best you can come back with is:

'they're doing it too' followed by 'everyone is doing it fallacy'

So pls, while i go get some more popcorn, tell me. is it or is it not true that the others do it too? you seem to be contradicting your self very heavily in your desperate retreat.

Thanks

"They're doing it" As in 3rd person. Go ask the danes about it. The faction which I belong to doesn't hide behind port timers so I'm not contradicting myself because I do not stand behind this practice. An isolated case of Danes setting 4-6 timers against you doesn't make me any less right or wrong.

Now proceed to tell me how denying 3-4 factions the opportunity to strike back by setting these timers (Conil and Tiburon) right next to EU playerbase factions is OK. Show some guts and defend these ports during prime time.

I don't post that often unless I really see an affront to my colleagues.

@Conde please as has been pointed out to you before other nations do set thier timers to 4-6 as well as Spain and have been doing so since the server went live.

We the British nation do not deny that we set timers to suit ourselves its part of the game we do not complain repeatedly about the times set only when other nations are complaining about ours so we respond.

Yes I agree it's probably bad form form but we have been fighting a war on 4 fronts luckily we have two three nations that because of thier own issues do not want to fight us right now.

Can you tell me that if Spain was in the GB position in the map and was under attack from 4 nations that you would not try to close down a flank tactically by setting the timers to a time that favours Spain! I can tell you for sure after three months of fighting you would be doing the same as we do as we cannot fight 4 fronts at the same time so we closed a front down.

Please tell me what timers are set to on Jamaica no wait I will do it for you 16-18 prime time for the euros fighting in the British nation.

Denmark and the Pirates have stopped attacking there every day because we can get the flags intercepted in open waters and smother them out before they reach port.

The flag at Conil was originally set for 22-24 the tactician in our council said no change it to 4-6 as it gives us a FOB tactically much better for us, now we can buy flags from 2 close ports :)

I'd like to point out that I do not belong to the Spanish nation at the moment. With that out of the way:

First of all, Spain hasn't used 4-6 timers since the server went live mainly because they were fighting against the US (4-6 timers against the US? Ouch) and they couldn't change the timers on the base ports.

Funny enough when the Spain-British war started most of the Brit ports that were in the area changed timers to 6-8. (This happened the first week of march) And here is the proof: http://imgur.com/a/NXvbY

Jamaica is easily defended since it's extremely easy to gather people there so setting 4-6 timers there would be foolish (And would furthermore prove how dishonest Brits are)

About your last statement: Yes, It's tactically much better for you since there's no way in hell you're gonna have to defend the port if it's set 4-6. So you'll be buying flags from an untouchable port for days upon days. Seems fair. /s

Edited by Conde

wow, so now your argument doesnt even make sense! 3rd person, 1st person, who cares. i dont care if you personally support it, its irrelevant to the accusation you made. let me remind you.

- I said its common practice and our enemies do it to us, so of course we do it ourselves

- You said that no one else does it to us. you said that i was lying about it

- I pointed out that actually i can prove that they DO do it to us.

- You then said that they do and they dont in the same sentence and tried to make excuses for WHY they do it. (avoiding admiting they do actually do it)

- Now you are saying you dont personally approve of it. and its only an 'isolated case' that the danes did. (basicly admitting that yes, you were wrong, it does actually happen and also ignoring the fact that the spanish are currently doing it more than once so, its not isloated at all.)

So, the question is: Do our enemies use 4-6AM against us or not? please be more clear in your answer this time. no ifs or buts, no excuses or running away. a straight answer. 

you accused me of lying, a gentleman would admit he was wrong if that is the case, not make excuses and avoid the issue. right?

Us not defending certain ports during prime time has nothing to do with 'guts' (bravery is meaningless in a game) and everything to do with strategy. we are being attacked on 3 fronts, we cannot defend everywhere at once. so, we use different timers. other nations do the same. (as you have seen)  :)

Edited by JCDC

Oh my! Conde has said something nearly irrelevant that was after proven wrong! Now we must be right in everything else that We've said ourselves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJxzltbTZU

Point is: 4-6 timers = "f*ck-you you can't do anything about it" against EU playerbase factions.

And as I said on an earlier post, It's sad how some try to defend the indefensible.

Give us all a lesson in humilty and change all your 4-6 timers to 2-4 timers (Maybe even 00-02 timers) if that's isn't too hard for you.

Edited by Conde
  • Like 1

First of all, Spain hasn't used 4-6 timers since the server went live mainly because they were fighting against the US (4-6 timers against the US? Ouch) and they couldn't change the timers on the base ports.

so you're saying spain didn't put the timers there for the exact reason we have.......BTW i didn't see US based players complain about spanish port timers during that war

Ranger, i apologise for accusing you of lying when in fact you weren't. i dont like the 4-6am timers and i should have expressed that in a more mature fashion. please can you guys not use them any more as i think it negatively affects game play.

I think the above would have been more appropriate. just a pointer.

Give us all a lesson in humility and apologise yourself so i dont have to make it up for you?

and defending your personal attack on me with such weak arguments is defending the indefensible. you are skilled at irony indeed.

I tell you what, if you apologise i will argue in the next British war council meeting that we shouldn't do it anymore and that we should aim for better overall gameplay. fair deal?

however if you dont retract your accusations of being a liar, a coward and someone who can only win by exploiting then i dont see why i should be so reasonable.

Edited by JCDC

I think the above would have been more appropriate. just a pointer.

Give us all a lesson in humility and apologise yourself so i dont have to make it up for you?

and defending your personal attack on me with such weak arguments is defending the indefensible. you are skilled at irony indeed.

I tell you what, if you apologise i will argue in the next British war council meeting that we shouldn't do it anymore and that we should aim for better overall gameplay. fair deal?

however if you dont retract your accusations of being a liar, a coward and someone who can only win by exploiting then i dont see why i should be so reasonable.

Why would I apologise to someone I don't give two s**ts about? You've all resorted to shovel dirt at me when I've presented STRONG FACTS that show how putrid these practices are. The one who has been personally attacked has been me in this thread. Once again being accused of "exploiting" and then you pretending to "be reasonable".

Go ahead and tell your council to keep doing what they do. If they do not see that this is for the detriment of all then there's nothing else I can say or do to change your minds.

Edit: Demasting is an exploit. /s

Edit2:

bUN8E8N.png

Edited by Conde