Game-Labs Forum

Alliances - final design

>>The devs decide that only Landlords can vote in National POLITICS.

>>Many players do not have a SAY. Eventually, Landlords run their Nations and Clans according to their whims and preferences.

Alternatively, like in real life. EVERY player votes for a council or LANDLORD to be in a council and run the national affairs.

More complicated. Could work. Like in real life, not the best solution !

Either way, the nation´s going be bankrupt.

Problem with neutrality (as it has been in the game in the past) is that warring nation players can then just role neutral nation alts to carry goods in a war zone at low risk.  There would need to be a much more developed system of RoE, port access and smuggling that would allow for interception of neutrals carrying goods for the enemy (and in reality it was extremely complicated, so not sure if possible.)

Although it could simply be left to players: warring nations can attack neutrals, neutrals cannot attack warring nations, but neutral nations can always go to war against nations that attack them (hello 1812).

A way that might discourage alts from being able to vote is have voting being tied to RvR like Johny Reb suggested.  Have it so that you have to generate so many RvR points to vote.  Participating in a port battle the previous week would give you all the required points to vote.  Contributing so much contention the previous week would give you a vote.  Have the amount be a point where it isn't hard for a casual player to contribute to get a vote but an alt would have to actively work against his nation.  Another way to gain vote points might be to donate resources to defenses (for econ players).  So an alt would have to actively work against his nation or donate resources to his enemy to get a vote.

Easy solution.

Allow to one vote per week, per account. So if you want to waste your vote on some alt in other faction? Ok. But you loose opportunity to do something in your main char faction.

After all, if i remember correctly we`ll be able to have 1 char per account after release ... or did devs changed their mind about it?

Does anyone else see the irony of a pirate asking how he is going to make money and gather materials?

I swear the current mechanics have corrupted any concept of what it means to be a real pirate.

Hahaha "How do I make money and gather materials?"

Youve got to be kidding me. Is he joking??? SMH????

Honestly peeps, I wouldn't worry about people with some ridiculous number of accounts swaying a national vote. How many people have THAT many accounts?? Not every other captain shelled out 300 US dollars to buy enough accounts just so he could cause a war. Ha, quit being so dramatic. Even then, if he spent THAT much money on the game, then great, that's money the devs can use to make it better. Who gives a poo?

• Like 1

Rebalanced exp for trading and crafting then put in an exp threshold you have to meet to be able to vote.

Basically do this then you have to be active in the world to earn your vote. Exp is tracked for officers already so should be fairly simple.

The argument would come about what the exp threshold would be!!

• Like 2

..difficult for INDIVIDUAL players to play successfully without joining Clans and Nations..Individual players (who have paid for the game at the same price as Landlords) are marginalized and forced out of the game. Wasted money and wasted time plus stressful interactions RESULTS.

If individual player is the same as single player I ask: Why a single player choose an MMO to play? Teamplay should be promoted in every MMO. In NA it is hard to survive as a lone player and that is good in my opinion. Interaction with other players is what this game makes exiting. Interaction is needed to be succussful in the RvR. Interaction is needed to play politics in this game. At the moment all players are a part of a nation, a nation should be understand as a big team with rules. Every player should find a useful role in his nation to support his nation. There are some lone wolfs out there, they have found their role to fight for their nation when they are attack the nation its enemies and support the nations its allies. But they interact with their nation by following the politics and that is ok. They should get some "points" for the right to vote. The same at the ship builders and traders, they've also found their role in the game and support their nation by selling successfully ships or goods to players of his own nation. They also should get points for the right to vote.

As more you do for your nation as more "points" you gain and as more votes you should have.

If there is a player, who does nothing than PvE, why the hell he should vote for something he is not interested in or wanna fight for?

And for the players who say: "Damn, I dont like that system of the nations, i wanna have freedom -> go pirate a soon as they have been reworked and not be a nation

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 2

It is already limited to one character per account. However, many people have multiple copies of the game to allow for multiple characters.

Then whats the problem? Someone paid 30 euro to have another account, his will. He gets more then one? Ok he needs to level that up to certain rank and play for certain time every week. He does it? He deserves his votes.

Wtf is wrong with some people this days? They dont know how mmos, sandboxes works? And try to force some ridicoulus mechanics, regulations and other stuff that turns sandbox in to somekind of wow or other game?

Gamers are so disgusting this days :( Miss early 90's :(

Edited by Leku
  • Like 3

Certain people are known to have a buttload of accounts.  Why should they get free votes where they just have to log in and get a vote, specially when their alts are in an enemy nation they are against?  The US nation in the past has had a hard time with alts causing problems.

Honestly peeps, I wouldn't worry about people with some ridiculous number of accounts swaying a national vote. How many people have THAT many accounts?? Not every other captain shelled out 300 US dollars to buy enough accounts just so he could cause a war. Ha, quit being so dramatic. Even then, if he spent THAT much money on the game, then great, that's money the devs can use to make it better. Who gives a poo?

I soooo wish that was true sir but there is no end to what a try hard will do to " win" in his mind. They was talking about some game on global chat that people were spending 2000 real dollars to get some kind of in game ship or fleet or something.

The only thing worse than a try hard is a well funded try hard lol.

I have few accounts but only for make smoother eco. I understand that this can casue problems so just limit voting to Rear Admiral rank - you have to spend a lot time to lvl up.

Deja Vu ;)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15577-alliances-final-design/?p=290573

Treacherous grounds, literally. I'm still pondering.

I have few accounts but only for make smoother eco. I understand that this can casue problems so just limit voting to Rear Admiral rank - you have to spend a lot time to lvl up.

Rear admiral?  Casuals can't take part.  I'm not a casual, and I'm not even rear-admiral.

• Like 3

Rear admiral?  Casuals can't take part.  I'm not a casual, and I'm not even rear-admiral.

4.1k posts ... so i think you are actually here for quite long time.

Im casual too and i hitted max rank arround 1-2 weeks ago. With usually playing 2h 4-5 days a week. And not all the time i spent on "grinding".

Guess after all you are casual then? And im some kind of hardcore?

Funny as i consider myself as casual who sometimes have some spare few hours @ evenings ( usually weekends ).

Also about that try hards that have lots of money and spent 2k $ for accounts for example. Let them do it. They have full right to do that.

You should have the mechanic allow back stabs, surprise attacks, and double crossing. You should definitely allow individual players violate treaties, with consequences. The game Archage had a mechanic where a player that performed criminal acts would be brought before a tribunal of random players from their faction and punished by real time spent in jail. Individual captains should be able to violate treaties, it would make the game more dynamic and fun.

I would say you are a pver if you hit max rank quickly.  Compare numbers of battles I've fought, number of hours I've put in, and I am probably exponentially higher.  Problem with some ships, you get nil xp.

Spend less time camping battle screens and spaming forums and you will hit the max rank very soon.

P.S. Active PvP is actually very rewarding in both XP and gold these days.

Spend less time camping battle screens and spaming forums and you will hit the max rank very soon.

P.S. Active PvP is actually very rewarding in both XP and gold these days.

LOL!!! Clearly you don't play on EU-1???

• Like 1

Pirates are a nation. Thus I decree that the devs should force people who want to be pirates to roll as pirate from day 1.   If devs refuse to do this I vote we make anybody switching to pirate midway thru their careers to loose all their possessions except their experiences and whatever they can fit on the barge they are currently sailing and start from scratch LIKE THEY HAD TO HISTORICALLY!  :D

Also they should be included in the realm alliances vote.  Because I mean cmon... Half of both pvp 1 and 2 are black... Thats not very historical    :wub:

Pirates are a nation. Thus I decree that the devs should force people who want to be pirates to roll as pirate from day 1.   If devs refuse to do this I vote we make anybody switching to pirate midway thru their careers to loose all their possessions except their experiences and whatever they can fit on the barge they are currently sailing and start from scratch LIKE THEY HAD TO HISTORICALLY!  :D

Also they should be included in the realm alliances vote.  Because I mean cmon... Half of both pvp 1 and 2 are black... Thats not very historical    :wub:

Its a sandbox game, doesnt have to be 100% historical. Its a game of conquest, if a bunch of misfits want to band together then why not. Maybe nations should band together.