Game-Labs Forum

Alliances - final design

"Send to outpost" needs to go, at least for warships. It undermines the strategic aspects of Open World.

Removing "send to outpost" would undermine the very existence of this game.

Replace it by a system similar to deliveries, yes

Force said system to use crew that will be unavailable during transfer time, why not

Make it so ferrying a ship via deliveries will cost you a dura, 10% of the ship's price or tons of food, fair game

Make it harder, longer, more expensive, yes, but forcing players to sit at the keyboard sailing long boring hours just to reach a distant port EVERYTIME they need a ship there is not a good idea IMO. That's all the high ranking players involved in strategic campaigns would ever do, until they get bored of it and decide to play something else.

Bring the Action back into Naval Action ! 

• Like 2

I already pray to Pirate Jesus everytime I sail out of port, so I guess a new Perk of Religious can be added. +5% chance of a miracle Win button. :D

RNGesus is clearly angry at me lately....  Anyone need gold mortar handbooks??/

Removing "send to outpost" would undermine the very existence of this game.

Replace it by a system similar to deliveries, yes

Force said system to use crew that will be unavailable during transfer time, why not

Make it so ferrying a ship via deliveries will cost you a dura, 10% of the ship's price or tons of food, fair game

Make it harder, longer, more expensive, yes, but forcing players to sit at the keyboard sailing long boring hours just to reach a distant port EVERYTIME they need a ship there is not a good idea IMO. That's all the high ranking players involved in strategic campaigns would ever do, until they get bored of it and decide to play something else.

Bring the Action back into Naval Action !

Where does it say you are forced to sail long boring hours?

Rethink your supply setup, come out of the Capital and get into the conflict regions.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14600-auto-travel-from-port-to-port/?p=270697

You would be doing PvP or missions within 20 minutes.

• Like 1

In the danish nation there two or three guys trying to run everything. Their clan members behaves like small fanatics - open fire against other clans in PBs, bashing on the national chat - try to rule stuff... Is there anyway this kind of control can be contained in this new mechanics? Its amazing that Ive paid money and then get confronted with these kind of things. And: is it possible to send complains about such a behavior somewhere?

• Like 1

In the danish nation there two or three guys trying to run everything. Their clan members behaves like small fanatics - open fire against other clans in PBs, bashing on the national chat - try to rule stuff... Is there anyway this kind of control can be contained in this new mechanics? Its amazing that Ive paid money and then get confronted with these kind of things. And: is it possible to send complains about such a behavior somewhere?

Complains?

- tribunal

- ingame "mute" or "report player".

For open discussion about "harassement" (if this applies in your case) try to post it here...

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13454-harassment-in-na/page-2#entry295363

Complains?

- tribunal

- ingame "mute" or "report player".

For open discussion about "harassement" (if this applies in your case) try to post it here...

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13454-harassment-in-na/page-2#entry295363

Tnx. Very informative. Ive tried this cycle:

1) got involved in game

2) got into a clan with TS

3) took too much time for me and I cut playtime - hence where not so much on TS anymore

4) quitted the TS aspect as I found it a bit weird to listen to all kind of bad behavior and faulty language

5) used chat instead and where not as informed about stuff as the TSers

6) disagreed on some of the political maneovres of the nation

7) got kicked from the clan

8) made my own clan with a more free role fitting for the family-fathers or people who didnt like all the diplo-stuff

9) got very, VERY unpopular among the leading clans - just follow the forums or national chat... they are really upset as I/we do not follow their lead!

Is this kind of game really the intention? Shouldnt we strife for a game where some things aint up to the clan-leaders... 

The reuslt is that players not in the top will simply quit the game and the player base shrink.... 

Edited by fox2run
  • Like 1

Tnx. Very informative. Ive tried this cycle:

1) got involved in game

2) got into a clan with TS

3) took too much time for me and I cut playtime - hence where not so much on TS anymore

4) quitted the TS aspect as I found it a bit weird to listen to all kind of bad behavior and faulty language

5) used chat instead and where not as informed about stuff as the TSers

6) disagreed on some of the political maneovres of the nation

7) got kicked from the clan

8) made my own clan with a more free role fitting for the family-fathers or people who didnt like all the diplo-stuff

9) got very, VERY unpopular among the leading clans - just follow the forums or national chat... they are really upset as I/we do not follow their lead!

Is this kind of game really the intention? Shouldnt we strife for a game where some things aint up to the clan-leaders...

The reuslt is that players not in the top will simply quit the game and the player base shrink....

I run a clan exactly like yours. No coms no orders no nothing and never have any if the trouble you do.

Im sorry but ive been reading your posts for weeks on end and i honestly dont tbink the problem is every single other person in this game. I really think someone needs to reevaluate how they play a game of this kind with other humans and decide if this is the game for them rather than seemingly blaming every single person that plays exept your clan.

Again i play exactly like you, without the emotional baggage, and know many many small clans that do also and have never run into the flurry of problems you have .

Hope you can get it figured out.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 2

Seems very reasonable.

What will the mechanism for voting be? - Will we have to login and actively try and vote, will we have a web-interface we can use to vote if we cannot get in-game, will we be forced to vote next time we will login? Is voting optional?

I especially like the fact that there must always be an enemy - keeps it moving quite nicely.

I run a clan exactly like yours. No coms no orders no nothing and never have any if the trouble you do.

Im sorry but ive been reading your posts for weeks on end and i honestly dont tbink the problem is every single other person in this game. I really think someone needs to reevaluate how they play a game of this kind with other humans and decide if this is the game for them rather than seemingly blaming every single person that plays exept your clan.

Again i play exactly like you, without the emotional baggage, and know many many small clans that do also and have never run into the flurry of problems you have .

Hope you can get it figured 

Im just not bowing myself to those harrasing characters... But Ill take your advice and try to ignore them as best as I can - even though hard to do when they fire cannonballs at us in battles etc... :-p

Hope you can get it figured

Im just not bowing myself to those harrasing characters... But Ill take your advice and try to ignore them as best as I can - even though hard to do when they fire cannonballs at us in battles etc... :-p

We have had similar problems in the past with large clans and since we are pirates it was easy for them to attack us. It was a struggle for a while being " independent " but we eventually moved far away from others untill thing got better.

You may seriously want to consider being a pirate since alotnof pirate chose that life rather than bowing to a crown. Its why we chose t play pirates ( before we knew they was a black flag nation) and yiu will catch less grief playing the way you do.

• Like 1

Let nations vote single alliance with pirate clans, and vice-versa  this can destructure pirates, make mercenary,  make privateers, make pirates fight pirates etc (pirate clan set other pirate clans enemy etc, or ally together to form coalitions)

That´s the way to approach matters.

"Outlaws" to be able to group up as clans, fight other outlaw clans or ally them, ally nationals,

fight for them, betray them, backstabb them, join the enemy, same again, grow or cease to exist,

finally, the ultimate, "raise as a nation" out of the dust beginning as an outlaw clan.

Not easy, but this is hardcore.

Can easily be put together with pirates being limited on ship crafting. Pirates capture ports for themselves or the nation they work for,

they raid cities down giving them some penaties...(less production, destroyed buildings and so on), they capture ALL ship types and

sail ALL ship types but only craft 5th-7th.

Only the best clans should make it to form a nation ! (nothing for me, but Sorry should have a go here...)

And sure, after having evolved as a new "soory"-nation, they should be able to craft ALL ships then.

Edited by Wilson09

My assumption, and it's only a guess, is that there will be a certain time period during which you can vote.  You don't have to vote, and if you don't log in and vote during that time period, your vote will simply not count.  So it will be optional, it will be timely (e.g. the vote won't just sit out there open forever waiting for something), and it will be something you can do/not do as you desire.  :)

• Like 3

Lol, you guys ever read about pirates? They flew the black flag for a reason: because they didn't want to bow to a higher power, a crown of any type. It's a nation OR pirate, not both. I'm fine with clans trying to start their own nation, but don't call them pirates please, that's not what pirates were. Anyways, getting off topic here a bit.

I think if nations are silly enough to hire pirates and get stabbed in the back and crossed, let them!!

• Like 1

Pirates are not trustworthy people. But, what did the English/French do in North-America?

Work with the natives to win a war.

What is Sweden supposed to do facing defeat by the Danes (assuming)? Ask mercenaries for help,

offering them alliance and as reward some ports and protection.

A bit of imagination. Pirates should be the faction offering the most variety of possible play-styles.

(I´d prefer to live a quiet life in Nassau, though).

Edited by Wilson09

We have had similar problems in the past with large clans and since we are pirates it was easy for them to attack us. It was a struggle for a while being " independent " but we eventually moved far away from others untill thing got better.

You may seriously want to consider being a pirate since alotnof pirate chose that life rather than bowing to a crown. Its why we chose t play pirates ( before we knew they was a black flag nation) and yiu will catch less grief playing the way you do.

Nah - Ill prefer to work within the limits of the nation... 

Maybe when time passes this nation will be a better place to be... 

Edited by fox2run

My assumption, and it's only a guess, is that there will be a certain time period during which you can vote.  You don't have to vote, and if you don't log in and vote during that time period, your vote will simply not count.  So it will be optional, it will be timely (e.g. the vote won't just sit out there open forever waiting for something), and it will be something you can do/not do as you desire.   :)

Waht about those with multiple accounts?

I very much like the idea. Especially do I (as a free, clanless player) like it because that system will force so called Clan "High Councils" to climb off their high thrones. Now a nation has to work together as a whole and include all players (of the levels who can vote) to decide on who to ally with.

Even though I can already see new drama coming up, when some Nation's so called "councils" still believe to themselves that they have any kind of nationwide legitimation and will attempt to pressure voters of their nation to vote in their will, they will soon realize that with this new mechanic, there is no pressuring and every member, in a clan or not, is free to vote as they wish. Sure, councils still come at use to gather nation's clans and discuss mutual interests, and thats actually what I really see the use of a "council" for, but they can no longer (attempt to) force or ignore clanless players, as these have a voice now, too.

I basically would compare "before and after" that way: While autocracy before (no mechanic was in place and thus clan elected councils could "force" a nation to act after their will - which caused a lot of drama), with the new mechanic it will be democray with a "parliament" where the voters are delegates and this makes the entire nation having to work together, in a clan or not, PVE or PVP player, trader or warrior, hardcore or casual player.

@devs: While I type this, I had a funny idea. Why not restricting the voting page to the nation's capital screen, so that you can only do your vote or see the information when docking at your capital, where the parliament is! :) Would be funny. :)

• Like 3

@devs: While I type this, I had a funny idea. Why not restricting the voting page to the nation's capital screen, so that you can only do your vote or see the information when docking at your capital, where the parliament is! :) Would be funny. :)

I don't think it's "funny" at all; strikes me as a good reasonable idea.  :-)

Lol, you guys ever read about pirates? They flew the black flag for a reason: because they didn't want to bow to a higher power, a crown of any type. It's a nation OR pirate, not both. I'm fine with clans trying to start their own nation, but don't call them pirates please, that's not what pirates were. Anyways, getting off topic here a bit.

I think if nations are silly enough to hire pirates and get stabbed in the back and crossed, let them!!

Pirates associated themself with other pirates creating fleets, invading cities

Turning privateers, returning pirate etc. Accepting pardons etc   Allowing pirate clans to  become privateers for a nation, return pirate etc, will  split the pirates to not act anymore as a nation, will allow finally pirate on pirate fights, coalitions,  transforming the pirate experience into a dynamic enviroment full of betray, political instable alliances towards and against certain nations etc

• Like 1

Pirates associated themself with other pirates creating fleets, invading cities

Turning privateers, returning pirate etc. Accepting pardons etc   Allowing pirate clans to  become privateers for a nation, return pirate etc, will  split the pirates to not act anymore as a nation, will allow finally pirate on pirate fights, coalitions,  transforming the pirate experience into a dynamic enviroment full of betray, political instable alliances towards and against certain nations etc

Yeah !

You need to start with one of your ALT-accounts, new formation, new clan name, hidden identity as long as possible,

Otherwise, hard taks for you man to go all the way...

And never, never ever forget to bring "flowers" to your American friends...:)

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1