Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

seeing as theres currently a British, Fench, Spainish, and presumably a Danish (upcoming) 1st rate in the game is it expected to see a Dutch and Swedish and American 1st rate aswell?

Just reread the post INK put in, switch danish and dutch :P

Edited by Sgt.Barnes

I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateful this game has a great concept but it seems that the developers lost touch to what players want. Today as I was doing the event at 67.00 23.00 north of la mona I noticed that a bunch of pirates got the dead-mans chest few Brits got some and few US as well. I find it hard to believe that out of 50 pirates that got the chest only 1 blue print dropped and out of 4 US that got the chest 2 of them had the blue prints. Not only that but as a leader of my own clan on US PVP (COM) most of my guys have quit the game entirely due to the decisions that the developers made. The biggest issue I have is the total lack of communication by the devs to the players. For example when is the outlaw class patch supposed to come? I also personally sent multiple bugs report but the bugs are still in the game. Here is a picture of a bug that we encountered and reported multiple times but nothing was done about it.

post-22567-0-94678400-1473538064_thumb.jpg

I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateful this game has a great concept but it seems that the developers lost touch to what players want. Today as I was doing the event at 67.00 23.00 north of la mona I noticed that a bunch of pirates got the dead-mans chest few Brits got some and few US as well. I find it hard to believe that out of 50 pirates that got the chest only 1 blue print dropped and out of 4 US that got the chest 2 of them had the blue prints. Not only that but as a leader of my own clan on US PVP (COM) most of my guys have quit the game entirely due to the decisions that the developers made. The biggest issue I have is the total lack of communication by the devs to the players. For example when is the outlaw class patch supposed to come? I also personally sent multiple bugs report but the bugs are still in the game. Here is a picture of a bug that we encountered and reported multiple times but nothing was done about it.

Admin, the lead producer, posts on these forums every day.  He responds to questions, and maintains road maps and upcoming feature discussions, especially in the Developer News and Announcements and Patch Notes forums.  Finally, polls are often taken to see what the players want worked on next, and the outcome of those polls is followed very closely.

Compared to most of the games out there, this is one of the most developer-player interactive development processes I've seen in nearly 20 years of online gaming.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last week or so there seems to be a new element in the game. I have had TWO battles with a player from clan OCEAN, and one with clan SORRY. The new development is that in all of these battles, my opponents have demasted my ship several time and multiple masts lost each time.  Other players on my side in these battles have had the same experience. They never miss, from any angle, any distance.

The SORRY player commented, after demasting 4 separate ships two times each; “I finally getting the hang of this demast thing.” I do not know if this is a new Pirate perk, if so why clan OCEAN, or MOD being tested. If so, it is way over the top and gives a significant advantage to players with this advantage. I currently have 1100 hours playing this game. I really like it and the overall direction it has been moving, but this seems like we have just become mobile targets for a select few.

• Like 3

I just sailed from Charleston to Cabo Canaveral and saw only ONE AI trader lynx with contraband. There were only a handful of other AI American ships the entire way. I F11ed the lack of AI of the East Coast,, as I have done before. Is the AI of the East coast ever going to be raised to the levels of elsewhere?

Once again F11ed this. Still waiting for an answer as well.

Over the last week or so there seems to be a new element in the game. I have had TWO battles with a player from clan OCEAN, and one with clan SORRY. The new development is that in all of these battles, my opponents have demasted my ship several time and multiple masts lost each time.  Other players on my side in these battles have had the same experience. They never miss, from any angle, any distance.

The SORRY player commented, after demasting 4 separate ships two times each; “I finally getting the hang of this demast thing.” I do not know if this is a new Pirate perk, if so why clan OCEAN, or MOD being tested. If so, it is way over the top and gives a significant advantage to players with this advantage. I currently have 1100 hours playing this game. I really like it and the overall direction it has been moving, but this seems like we have just become mobile targets for a select few.

Can't tell if serious.

It's unfair that some people are better at aiming than you?

Or are you asking if the devs gave special buffs to certain clans? If I was a developer and someone asked me something so outrageous, I would be insulted.

• Like 1

Yes this is serious, and NO they are not aiming better than me that would be fine, they are having results that are statistically impossible.

So yes somewhere, somehow they have a distinct advantage. I do not know if the Devs provided it, i.e. as part of a test-Mod still being developed. The individuals created a hack, or have discovered an exploit.

I watched as 3 shot rounds hit a mast at exactly the same time, in exactly the same place, fractions of a second later same thing happen to a second mast. So not only are they better at aiming, they can delay and sequence shot pattern.

I am not the only one in the game that has had this same thing, one play reported watch the shot, from a ship 500-600 meters away, curve into his masts, maybe they are bowlers and can "mind-meld" the direction of the ball.

You have a lot of claims, assertions ("statistically impossible", "exploit", "they are not aiming better") and no evidence.

You will not get better if you operate under the assumption "it clearly is impossible to have been outplayed, therefore it must be hacks!".

It is fairly easy to demast under the right circumstances. Do you have a video?

• Like 1

Would it be possible to test a rebalancing of the sailing qualities (maneuverability, acceleration, speed...) of the 6th-rates and frigates in combat instances, making 6th-rates a little more difficult to "handle" and frigates just a little easier to "handle" ?

Small ships seems to me to sail and turn a bit too quickly and frigates a bit too slowly. And it feels like there's a gap between those two categories in that matter.

Just a matter of personal sensation though...

Yes this is serious, and NO they are not aiming better than me that would be fine, they are having results that are statistically impossible.

And you know this how exactly? 

OCEAN have, over the last month or so, been accused of aimbotting by US and GB players. Lots of people claimed they have "video evidence" and we have told them to go post it in tribunal if so. 

Yet, where is the tribunal? Where is the evidence? 

While i appreciate being called a hacker/aimbotter (Clearly we in OCEAN must be really good if you think we are hacking) i think you need to reconsider if you want to keep accusing us.

Unless you are willing to post evidence of our supposed cheating i think it's time you stop posting false rumours on these forums. 

"Practice makes perfect" Remember this and maybe one day you will be able to aim as well as we do. 

• Like 2

OCEAN have, over the last month or so, been accused of aimbotting by US and GB players. Lots of people claimed they have "video evidence" and we have told them to go post it in tribunal if so. 

While i appreciate being called a hacker/aimbotter (Clearly we in OCEAN must be really good if you think we are hacking) i think you need to reconsider if you want to keep accusing us.

Unless you are willing to post evidence of our supposed cheating i think it's time you stop posting false rumours on these forums. 

"Practice makes perfect" Remember this and maybe one day you will be able to aim as well as we do. 

I tend to agree with this, Forlorn Hope.  All of it.  If you have no video evidence that someone's been hacking or cheating, then your statements are just conjecture and it seems you were outplayed.  Record your next few battles against them and bring evidence.

On the other hand, all evidence to the contrary that hacks and cheats have not been made in this game, still stand.  I have never seen any evidence by anyone on this forum that hacking/cheating has been done.  Until that evidence shows up, the cure for these things is simply more practice.

Funny-King-Bob-wallpaper-minions.jpg

`

So yes somewhere, somehow they have a distinct advantage. I do not know if the Devs provided it, i.e. as part of a test-Mod still being developed. The individuals created a hack, or have discovered an exploit.

I watched as 3 shot rounds hit a mast at exactly the same time, in exactly the same place, fractions of a second later same thing happen to a second mast. So not only are they better at aiming, they can delay and sequence shot pattern.

I am not the only one in the game that has had this same thing, one play reported watch the shot, from a ship 500-600 meters away, curve into his masts, maybe they are bowlers and can "mind-meld" the direction of the ball.

Never have I been so greatly flattered in my life. :D

No perks. No hacks. No mod-provided anything. 

See ya next time!

[sORRY] Commodore Clay

• Like 2

I think the solution to your serious accusation would be to duel Clay and he will stream it from his side, we can all have a giggle when he turns you into a row boat.

Edited by Bountyhunter
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2016 at 1:36 PM, Ink said:

Lighthouses are theoretically possible. We have plans to come back to this feature in the future. This is a very interesting idea but currently has low priority.

I realize that you previously indicated that lighthouses were possible (but low priority).

The other day I was sailing into Wilmington at night, and as I approached the spit of land it dawned on me what a great place this would be for a lighthouse:

Wilmington%20area%20lighthouse.jpg

6391235_orig.jpg

I understand that touches like lighthouses are still probably low priority, but I do think that they would be a nice touch added before the game goes to final release.

Also, one other item.  As I sailed up the waterway to Wilmington I was wondering to myself where there were no fortifications at all in the area leading up to WIlmington?

Wilmington is a regional capital.  The narrow waterway would make it a perfect place for Martello towers or block forts, but not even one. 

Are there any other regional capitals in the game that do not have even a single fortification?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

Old Baldy light house was built in 1817.  So it would be perfect for the game.  And lastnight sailing through the storm and night near Wilmington I realized I couldn't see the shore at all.

Yup, there are definitely some places where a lighthouse would be very useful, appropriate, and historically accurate.

Wilmington would definitely be one of those places.