Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

when some (like me) had bought all DLC's worth 250,-- plus and you gift them a "Trinco" then you should expect some negative replies here in the forum.

and for sure I'll not buy the new victory (there is absolute no reason), because I feel a little bit screwed (to argument here with the bad reviews, from your side, is more then .......)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Looks like a very good update. Looking forward to experiencing it.

I only wish you wouldn't do a 1st rate DLC.

If I played for Russia, I would also love the patch. Now Russia can finally use its millions to develop even more safe cities in the Gulf. On the other side you roll over the developed cities of enemy nations.

I'm already looking forward to the reactions of the players who lose their expanded ports. Shitstorm incomming!

Edited by Georg Fromm
  • Like 4

@admin
BTW I have the question.

You can't redeem ordinary DLC if you have the same ship in your docks, so if you want 2nd Hercules, you have to put the 1st one in your Fleet.
Will this apply to this free gifted Trincomalee DLC, so if you have in docks some crafted Trincos, you won't be able to redeem DLC one?
Cause it seems there won't be difference between crafted and redeemed ones (unlike with imported DLCs)

Edited by Malcolm3
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Georg Fromm said:

If I played for Russia, I would also love the patch. Now Russia can finally use its millions to develop even more safe cities in the Gulf. On the other side you roll over the developed cities of enemy nations.

I'm already looking forward to the reactions of the players who lose their expanded ports. Shitstorm incomming!

Don't forget about cheap version of Naval Action.

And maybe we soon see reason to expand clans or friendly list :D

BTW: 65 Victory 1765 already in game

Edited by qw569😳
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:

Battle timer increased to 5 mins (but can be increased further during experimentation phrase)

I don't like the ability to join a battle that started while you were in Port, this will cause more 'Port games' players jumping in and out looking for the gank. If the battle timer is extended then I think the leaving Port join timer should be too? 

So far I am liking the new exit system, it appears that ball in the sails with chasers is not enough, but chain is. In the 4 battles I have been in so far it has worked really well.   The only slight problem is that if you don't shoot at all you have over 7 mins b4 you can leave even if miles away (bad tag)  (it looked like a battle start, then a 3 min timer, then further 3 min countdown?). That's quite a long time to wait when you already know the battle is not going to happen.

I usually complain like hello kitty on this forum but I have to say I am happy with the trinco as a DLC and the new Vic is sensible and not game breaking (unlike the Redoubt which is OP) so personally I am quite relieved and pleased about that side of it. We will have to wait and see on the RvR but so far I think this is a decent update.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mexicanbatman said:

fair enhough i understand yall get frustrated aswell you are just people i just hope that you understand some of our frustrations aswell 

im only critical because i love this game i wouldent be critical if i didnt enjoy it as i just usualy then go play something else

also edited my last post in fairness to being only banned from forums which i meant

we're all this critical because actually all of us care about the game and are addicted @admin

• Like 3

As someone who hasn't bought any ship DLC, this is just sad. I used to defend this game so much, but to say it isn't pay-to-win would be a lie at this point. Perhaps it has been that way for a while, but to add DLC for the largest ship class there is, even after saying you wouldn't, feels like the decision to do it was based on greed more than anything else. I'm honestly disappointed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Latron said:

As someone who hasn't bought any ship DLC, this is just sad. I used to defend this game so much, but to say it isn't pay-to-win would be a lie at this point. Perhaps it has been that way for a while, but to add DLC for the largest ship class there is, even after saying you wouldn't, feels like the decision to do it was based on greed more than anything else. I'm honestly disappointed.

I completely agree about DLC in general, it is p2w and I would rather there were none at all. But tbf at least this Vic isn't OP like the herc was and the Req and the Redoubt are now which has badly unbalanced the game. But this VIC is not a 'must buy'. If they had made it an 11 knot 1st rate and unbalanced the game to make a quick buck then that would have been shameful, but this ship seems balanced, I don't think they will sell as many as the Redoubt so I am grateful devs have shown some restraint this time.

• Like 1

It's a free ship. Why people complain here. After all it's there job and they need to make money to keep things going. You all bought the dlcs and there is a point where a game can only survive by selling new stuff.  Other games have same issue and start selling more and more skins etc. 

I am looking forward to sail a trinco each day and when I want a better one I craft it in an port. Not a big deal here 

Thanks admins for the gift 👍

• Like 1

dlc up to person i no care

port bonus i like

battle timer 5 minute stupid

battle tag mechanic stupid

port battle mechanic no test yet. 

4/10 patch. maybe 6/10 after test pb. 

- 1pt screen

-1pt 5m timer

-1pt tag damage

-1pt teleport

-+ 0pt pb flag

maybe this use how and why i rate

6 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I completely agree about DLC in general, it is p2w and I would rather there were none at all. But tbf at least this Vic isn't OP like the herc was and the Req and the Redoubt are now which has badly unbalanced the game. But this VIC is not a 'must buy'. If they had made it an 11 knot 1st rate and unbalanced the game to make a quick buck then that would have been shameful, but this ship seems balanced, I don't think they will sell as many as the Redoubt so I am grateful devs have shown some restraint this time.

That is true, but the herc and req, as well as all other DLC ships so far, could be handled by larger ships at least. The Locean and Santi could take the new Vics down 1v1, but where does that leave every single other ship? If people could bring an endless supply of 1st rates to any encounter, then what's the point of sailing any ship of a lower class in deep water?

• Like 3

Just now, Latron said:

That is true, but the herc and req, as well as all other DLC ships so far, could be handled by larger ships at least. The Locean and Santi could take the new Vics down 1v1, but where does that leave every single other ship? If people could bring an endless supply of 1st rates to any encounter, then what's the point of sailing any ship of a lower class in deep water?

no different than now

u just run away from all capped 1st rate sailin

how that problem? 

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

Well as far as I know people also complained about how "expensive" the falg dlc was. Or the painter dlc.   I don't think there is any way that all are happy. In the end they just maybe copied a ship. But for me a gift as the support is better than having none and just the victory. Not sure about you all. But I do aswell like to see more ships coming. But keep in mind this company isn't really big. And our community also not. Compared atleast to others. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

no different than now

u just run away from all capped 1st rate sailin

how that problem? 

Sure I'll just try to run... from everything I guess. With larger ships being everywhere, there's a much smaller chance that I'll be able to do anything in the OW with anything smaller. Redoubtables already ruin a lot of my fun because they enter a lot of my battles, and now it'll just be worse

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Latron said:

Sure I'll just try to run... from everything I guess. With larger ships being everywhere, there's a much smaller chance that I'll be able to do anything in the OW with anything smaller. Redoubtables already ruin a lot of my fun because they enter a lot of my battles, and now it'll just be worse

i know what  u say but is better if u die to dlc shit? 

to me no. run away. let dlc sit there stupid. 

my rule: i fight no redoutable 

now i no fight victory

they can fight each other. my time not wasted on shit ship with shit mod. why waste my time for no reward?

Edited by BoatyMcBoatFace