Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

2 hours ago, admin said:

Port investments.

• Clans and large groups of people can now develop ports above their initial fixed points
  • 25 points (initially) can be added to ports using investments.
  • Every investment level gives 1 extra point to port development.
  • Investment are expensive and will require group effort

1 additional port point costs 10 Money Lockers, 50 Wooden Chests and 30 Victory Marks
Isn't the cost of upgrading port made the whole thing useless?

Especially with possibility of losing such super-expensive port to small skilled group of player without possibility of screening them out.

Edited by Malcolm3

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Exit timers: Important!
    • 1 hit timer had to go. It created 1 hour chases wasting player’s time. It also allowed holding players in battles forever. This generated lots of hate, confusion and time wasting, including neverending griefing tribunals.
    • Player now has to deliver % damage to a player to stop escaping.
    • Battle timer increased to 5 mins (but can be increased further during experimentation phrase)
    • Exit timer is up to 3 mins (from 2 mins)

Is something going to be added in order to allow legitimate fights to continue? Will it now be pointless going out in a snow and trying to sink 4th rates and above because they can simply leave?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raxius said:

1.5 mil for money lockers?? dam i have silly amount of hours in this game but 50 wooden chests, 15 mil and 30 vic marks for 1 point (not to mention it will be even more expensive as you go higher)... whilst you rebalance the new woods. please rebalance your economy...

9 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

1 additional port point costs 10 Money Lockers, 50 Wooden Chests and 30 Victory Marks
Isn't the cost of upgrading port made the whole thing useless?

Especially with possibility of losing such super-expensive port to small skilled group of player without possibility of screening them out.

Building empires is not cheap. You don't have to upgrade. 50 wooden chests is just 50 ships near enemy capitals. 1 investment point give CLEAR advantages to the port owner. Current prices are based on overall ownership of items on the server. For example there are 200,000 victory marks stored in clan warehouses and warehouses and majority of them are NOT russian even.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Building empires is not cheap. You don't have to upgrade. 50 wooden chests is just 50 ships near enemy capitals. 1 investment point give CLEAR advantages to the port owner. 

Have you played Naval Action?? with the mechanics you want to implement especially around RvR portbattles will be flipped like pancakes on a fresh morning. players already quit over lost port investments which consist of doubloons, combat medals, victory marks (all considered easy assets) but the amount is not so easy... to add you now add an excessive amount of wooden chests which is hard enough to collect with your super powered ai that you cannot resist re-buffing every week .. like seriously???? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Building empires is not cheap. You don't have to upgrade. 50 wooden chests is just 50 ships near enemy capitals. 1 investment point give CLEAR advantages to the port owner. 

if you want to max it out it's 1250 wooden chests.. do the math yourself (it's turning into a PVE game, just sayin')

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, John Magnus Thruxton said:

I know that move, when someone has a birthday that I dont like, I gift him the stuff I already have but didnt like.

Trincomalee is the most used ship on the server and has the best combat performance on the server. Those people are probably in battles now and will greatly appreciate the ability to avoid crafter/gatherer gameplay.

4 minutes ago, Comrade FrosT said:

if you want to max it out it's 1250 wooden chests.. do the math yourself (it's turning into a PVE game, just sayin')

War is not fought alone mate. 1250 chests is not much for a 30 clan alliance (friend list is 30 clans)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Comrade FrosT said:

like... i do my fair share of pve... but your asking us to sink over 1k AI in capital zone for 1 port... 1 port which can easily be flipped under new mechanics.. and will cause many people to stop playing if the investment is in vain... take a look at the ports on the map and check how often they change hands... you expect players to regrind 1k+ ai on buffed fleets everytime they lose their main port???  

im sure at this point you think of an idea of how to punish your community and implement it based on how much time it will waste them before purchasing DLC and becoming a casual gamer...

like c'mon RETHINK THIS!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Raxius said:

1.5 mil for money lockers?? dam i have silly amount of hours in this game but 50 wooden chests, 15 mil and 30 vic marks for 1 point (not to mention it will be even more expensive as you go higher)... whilst you rebalance the new woods. please rebalance your economy...

as always big nation will boost the ports like rockets.

The idea was good but in the current state of the map unbalanced

• Like 2

im a little bit dissapinted that we get a trincomalo for DLC    was hoping for something a bit more meta changing.   as the trinc has been slowly thrown away for reodoutables and implacables.   still a good thing but expected something a bit better to counter that.   Admirality admial de royter would suit it alot better in my opinion

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Trincomalee is the most used ship on the server and has the best combat performance on the server. Those people are probably in battles now and will greatly appreciate the ability to avoid crafter/gatherer gameplay.

War is not fought alone mate. 1250 chests is not much for a 30 clan alliance (friend list is 30 clans)

"the" server ? as in one of the two servers ? PvP I guess ?

same goes to port improvement costs. Seems to be for "the" server  only, too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

"the" server ? as in one of the two servers ? PvP I guess ?

same goes to port improvement costs. Seems to be for "the" server  only, too...

Dunno lately in front Bara we just have a lot of 3rates, Redo, 2 rates Christian, or Victory i dont see a trinco from ong time well just the one or two to tag people to gank..basically are the hunters of  gank bang fleet

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Building empires is not cheap. You don't have to upgrade. 50 wooden chests is just 50 ships near enemy capitals. 1 investment point give CLEAR advantages to the port owner. Current prices are based on overall ownership of items on the server. For example there are 200,000 victory marks stored in clan warehouses and warehouses and majority of them are NOT russian even.

1 investment point won't give your advantage actually. And the main bottle neck will be not VM, but Wooden Chests, cause many will use it not for Port investment, but for S-woods.
So probability that someone will invest for this point upgrade is not very high, hence - more or less useless innovation. IMHO you should use your limited resources for smth more useful things

1 hour ago, DarkValver said:

Thanks Devs for all this amount of improvements to the game.

All of  them looks promising,  for sure this will bring back old veteran players to the game, and hopefully new players to enjoy this great game.

Will come back with feedback about the different topics once we get some experience on it.

wrong, my clan cabal has lost over 70% of players, devs really screwed up by sitting in bed with reverse and russian dev nation

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, admin said:

If only this game had 3k players online at the same time... Wouldn't be much of an effort. But we know it's not like that and increasing amount of boring PVE won't increase server population... Sorry.

• Like 2

on top of that all building ports will eventually have sailing 4, hull 4 , crew 4 gunnery 4, mast & rig... not even worried.. but it means port bonuses gives no advantage as STRONGER nations will have it all.. an weaker nations.. NONE... this either promotes alts.. or promotes strong nations to be even stronger.. finally I want to add 6 months from now (or longer depends on your newly implemented pve grind) all ports will have port bonuses.. an they wont be a benefit at all.. just a disadvantage for those without alts or the ability to fully develop a port which they cant protect..

way to go.... pop will drop..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

Not only that.. the post was also reported a lot of times as offensive (by the happy silent majority) and was removed as offensive. 
7yQjSlT.jpg

LOL, the "happy silent reporters"..., this community is the best🤣

Did they at least get a reward?

Edited by Kejsaren
  • Like 2

@admin well, I am not too happy with the redeemable Trinco, since it is so easy and cheap to craft.

But wouldn't it be possible to make the redeemable ship a sister ship of the Trinc, maybe with another painting and name?

Since it is redeemable, you might then reduce the bow chasers to two, so that crafted Trincs have a slightly higher firepower.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kejsaren said:

LOL, the "happy silent reporters"..., this community is the best🤣

Did they at least get a reward?

Yes , they received  Woke badge bronze lvl.

One question after this patch do I need to do more PvE?

36 minutes ago, admin said:

а где найти монеу локер? нигде его нету! откуда новые леса падать будут? когда мы увидим индиаман боевой? какова вместимость его трюма?

1250 wooden chests......

Cost of investments was already too high relative to the risk and ease of being able to lose ports (Take a look at how many times SdC changed hands).  Now with wooden chests added into the mix the costs are astronomical and it appears flipping ports will get even easier.  

Also the trinc?  Talk about underwhelming.  At least giving us the ellusive Diana would have been appropriate I think.  

• Like 8