Game-Labs Forum

Hotfixes for Feb-March

admin

2 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Making that easier just devalues the ship and the building process to a regular non-emotionally loaded procedure

It doesn't have to be made easier, but not everyone can or will hunt the Privateer fleets.  It's not actually that hard for a good group, but it is exclusive....because only a cohesive group can do it and that is not representative of the whole game population.

5 hours ago, Smoothie said:

There is no more PvP Server.

Only War Server (PvP+PvE) and Peace Server (PvE only).

lol there's a PvE'er comment if ever I saw one.. 

53 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It doesn't have to be made easier, but not everyone can or will hunt the Privateer fleets.  It's not actually that hard for a good group, but it is exclusive....because only a cohesive group can do it and that is not representative of the whole game population.

I am doing it alone, imagine that. I won't risk my best ships, mostly captured ones, but I do it and brought home booty. Just one or two chests per battle, but it sums up...

Given seasoned woods would lose their "rarity attraction"; I would probably also miss the thrill of those suicidal attempts to snatch chests from Privateer Fleets.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pappy3122 said:

can the connie and USS be made 4th rates again like they should be?

Connie and USS would need a major nerf if that was to happen. They just recently buffed the speed which was needed as well as the dual deck 42 carros now. Dropping it to 4th rate again would require a nerf to both it's hp and well as thickness since these are much higher than the 4th rates.

Connie as it stands now has same thickness and slightly more hp than 3rd Rate and USS has more hp than Wasa and same thickness. Both are also faster than every 4th and 3rd rate other than the Leopard. 

So sure, drop Connie and USS back to 4th rate, but to do that would require quite a big nerf. Personally I think it is well suited where it is with the recent buffs it's received.

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Is it possible to increase the hold space of LGV and LGVR to 3k?

No-one uses them really as tbrigs have the same hold but the added benefit of being able to go through shallows.

The LGV needs some help and I think this would be good, but LGVR had less cargo space cause of the extra crew and cannons and such.   

• Like 5

On 2/9/2020 at 10:49 PM, admin said:

• Mortar brig damage will be rebalanced (bigger damage, slower aiming, lower reload)

@admin please increase the MB range back to what it was (in 2018), as well. Right now, it is almost impossible to use a MB to kill the square forts due to the limited range.

Edited by GrubbyZebra
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The LGV needs some help and I think this would be good, but LGVR had less cargo space cause of the extra crew and cannons and such.   

Correct.

LGV 3k hold is very reasonable: giving a sense to use LGVs.

LGVR at 1.2k (if I remember correctly) is fine: she's refitted trader for raiding/blockade running - thus with more room devoted to crew and guns.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Redman29 said:

Connie and USS would need a major nerf if that was to happen. They just recently buffed the speed which was needed as well as the dual deck 42 carros now. Dropping it to 4th rate again would require a nerf to both it's hp and well as thickness since these are much higher than the 4th rates.

Connie as it stands now has same thickness and slightly more hp than 3rd Rate and USS has more hp than Wasa and same thickness. Both are also faster than every 4th and 3rd rate other than the Leopard. 

So sure, drop Connie and USS back to 4th rate, but to do that would require quite a big nerf. Personally I think it is well suited where it is with the recent buffs it's received.

all true.

Aside that the "slight" more HPs (and crappy turning rate) never compensate the far inferior broadside.

They are still superfrigates suited to hunt... frigates, not SOLs.
An Inger usually smashes a Connie not retreating (upwind) with limited effort.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Redman29 said:

the caros are nice and all if you are 5 feet away from a flat broadside... otherwise you are stuck with a SINGLE deck of 24p guns.. lets be real. that is downright underpowered even as a 4th rate.

how much you want to nerf it besides its HP? its not like it's a godlike ship as it is. it does ok as long as you avoid 3d rates or higher or go for the queen's gank strat

12 minutes ago, Montagnes said:

No one will hate if crafting cannons and repairs gives you a small amount of XP. 

More people would be selling repairs around all ports, thus encouraging pvp indirectly. 

Admin has stated recently that the current crafting XP system is outdated and that they are thinking about a new one where everyone can decide how many XP he wants to have/spend by employing workers. So hold on a bit :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Admin has stated recently that the current crafting XP system is outdated and that they are thinking about a new one where everyone can decide how many XP he wants to have/spend by employing workers. So hold on a bit :)

You don't know how long will take. In the meantime, this is a positive change which won't hurt anyone.

Aren't we all for a more friendly game? The recent pop increase is also a consequence of some positive changes on demand by the community.

No one wanted the removal of XP when you craft repairs or cannons.

This is a small tweak of something that was in the game before, no one is asking for anything else.

• Like 5

On 2/10/2020 at 4:49 AM, admin said:

Captains

• Seasoned wood supply
    • Seasoned wood supply will increase.
      • Amount of wood in a chest has increased
      • All privateer and raider ships now carry 1 wood chest
      • Chance to get blueprints from wood chest also increased
    • Privateer fleet name will change to better show their purpose (coast guard, home defense, any other ideas?)
  • Le Gros Ventre Refit - has been added to the admiralty at 50 combat marks per note (price is not final)
  • Labor hour contracts in the admiralty now have the following options
    • 2x contracts at 5000 Doubloons
    • 1x contract at 25 Victory Marks

Coming soon

• Craftable 3rd rates and some second rates stats will be rebalanced
  • Battle ratings will be adjusted for third rates and other ships to bring more diversity to action
  • Rare ship permits will be made more widely available
  • Skins for imported 3rd rates and implacable will receive naming
  • Mortar brig damage will be rebalanced (bigger damage, slower aiming, lower reload)

The main goal of seasoned wood changes hotfix/patch is to address this issue raised by players.

Third rates were the most numerous class in all navies and Temeraire was a most numerous third rate - but we want ALL third rates to be as popular as they were in 18th century, not only redoutable.

So seasoned Woods supply is no imporoved?