Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Barberouge

Final poll  

856 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite ship

• Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette)
    • Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate)
    • Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)
    • Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)
    • USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)
    • HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)
    • USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)
    • Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)
    • HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)
    • Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship)
    • Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)
    • Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

Your image of Indefatigable is quite an abomination, not sure what the people who created the model were drinking?  Would be good to have a better image. She was a beautiful ship!

We will use your model of course Captain. Post it here by the way - it's gorgeous.

• Like 1

Your image of Indefatigable is quite an abomination, not sure what the people who created the model were drinking?  Would be good to have a better image. She was a beautiful ship!

Yeah, that's quite a horrible model (all work on details and forgetting overall shape and appearance, I hate this)

Here is the side profile of one of the other 64s razeed at the same time as Indefatigable, Magnanime (3rd example was HMS Anson), beautiful ships even by frigate standards.

A9irEYp.jpg

Why vote for the Independence?  She wasn't a Razee until after the time period of this game, and during this time period she wasn't used in battle at all...the Christian VII or another 2nd rate would be much better.

Vote had to go to Rattlesnake for the sake of being a corvette and a ship smaller than a line ship.

• Like 1

Voted for the Amsterdam not for the reason im from Holland but the ship itself is beautiful build been at both of them. I cannit whayt till they finish the seven provincien flagship that is beeying build in the shipyard in Lelystad. I Voted for it because most developers leth the dutch out of games while we played a big role in the naval warfare and trade.

• Like 2

I voted for the USS Independence, because it would be nice to have something between the USS Constitution and the HMS Bellona.

My second vote, if I had one, would go the Christian VII, to bridge the gap between the Bellona and Victory. Also, as a Norwegian I would personally be happy if the Danish-Norwegian navy was represented.
Btw, a beautiful wooden model of Den Norske Løve (a Danish 74) at the local library was something that got me interested in ships of the era as a kid :)

what i think most guys don't realise is, that this isn't a vote for what ship should get ingame becaue of "it's needed for balance" or for "better progression steps"

also we should NOT vote for what is missing ingame.

Somewhere Admin stated that we should vote only for what we like the most

we should not care about what the games is missing or whatever. only on what we think would be cool to have ingame

Also consider that this should be a vote on "long term"

This means it doesen't make sense if you vote for a ship you only want to get hands on in sea trials, probably you should vote for a ship you will sail also wenn the game is launched.

• Like 3