Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Barberouge

Final poll  

856 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite ship

• Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette)
    • Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate)
    • Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)
    • Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)
    • USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)
    • HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)
    • USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)
    • Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)
    • HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)
    • Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship)
    • Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)
    • Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

The ships were proposed in Player selected ship 2015 and Выбор игроков зима 2015 - выбираем корабль. 12 ships have been selected from the initial poll.

3 ships will be selected by players votes (1 vote per player). Also 1 ship will be chosen by a developers wild card.

What ship would you want to sail ?

• Rattlesnake (1780 - American 20-gun corvette)

Massachusetts Privateer Ship Rattlesnake was designed by John Peck of Boston, and probably built at Plymouth for a group of merchants in Salem. The Revolutionary War privateer resembled a miniature frigate in style with a raised quarterdeck and forecastle. These features were rather unusual as most small privateers had only a single flush deck. Rattlesnake was reputedly unusually fast. Pictures

rattle16.jpg

• Amazon class (1773 - British 32-gun frigate)

The Amazon class was designed by John Williams and made up of 18 fifth-rate 12-pounder frigates laid up at Chatham Dockyard. The Amazon-class frigates served in many of the theatres of the American Revolutionary, French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. The HMS Terpsichore is famous for having engaged the damaged Santísima Trinidad on her way back to Spain after the Battle of Cape St Vincent. Pictures / Wiki

amazon11.jpg

• Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)

The Hermione was a 12-pounder frigate of the Concorde class. She was designed by Henri Chevillard as a light frigate, fast and maneuverable. She became famous when she ferried General Lafayette to the United States in 1780 to allow him to rejoin the American side in the American Revolutionary War. The replica ship Hermione started her sea trials in 2014, and will set sails for a transatlantic Lafayette trip in april 2015. Pictures / Wiki

hermio12.jpg

• Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)

The Amsterdam was an East Indiaman or "retour ship" built for transport between the Dutch Republic and the settlements and strongholds of the Dutch East India Company in the East Indies. During her maiden voyage in 1749, she was wrecked in a storm on the English Channel. In 1969, the Amsterdam was discovered after being exposed by a low spring tide. It is the best-preserved VOC ship ever found. A replica (inauthentic) of the ship is on display in Amsterdam. Wiki

amster12.jpg

• USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)

Bonhomme Richard, formerly Duc de Duras, was a warship in the Continental Navy. She was originally an Indiaman, a merchant ship built for the French East India Company, for service between France and the Orient. Bonhomme Richard was placed at the disposal of John Paul Jones (first well-known naval fighter in the American Revolutionary War, the "Father of the United States Navy") in 1779, by King Louis XVI of France. Pictures / Wiki

bonhom12.jpg

• HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)

HMS Indefatigable was one of the 7 Ardent-class ships designed by Sir Thomas Slade. Though built as a ship of the line, most of her active service took place after her conversion to a 44-gun heavy frigate. She had a long career under several distinguished commanders, serving throughout the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars. C.S. Forester chose Indefatigable under Pellew as the ship on which his (fictional) hero Horatio Hornblower spent most of his time. Pictures / Wiki

indefa13.jpg

• USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)

Launched in the Boston Navy Yard, USS Independence was a wooden-hulled, three-masted ship and the first to be commissioned by the United States Navy. Originally a 90-gun ship of the line, in 1836 she was cut down by one deck and re-rated as a 54-gun frigate. Independence proved to be one of the fastest and most powerful "frigates" of the Navy. Wiki

indepe10.jpg

• Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)

Wasa was built at the Karlskrona shipyard after Frederik Chapman's innovative drawing. She was powerful enough to withstand line fighting and shallow enough to support coastal operations. Wasa fought at the Battle of Hogland during the Russo-Swedish War of 1788, was sold to the Swedish East India Company for a trip to China, and bought back by the Swedish Navy. The Wasa class comprised 10 ships of the line based on her design. Swedish Wiki

wasaf10.jpg

• HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)

HMS Agamemnon was ordered to be built to the lines of the Ardent class designed by Sir Thomas Slade. She saw service in the American Revolutionary, French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, and fought in many of the major naval battles of those conflicts. She fought at the Battle of Trafalgar as part of Nelson's weather column, where she forced the surrender of the Santísima Trinidad, the last ship to strike her colors. Agamemnon is remembered as being Nelson's favourite ship. Pictures / Wiki

agamem12.jpg

• Téméraire class (1784, French 74-gun ship)

The Téméraire class was a series of 120 ships designed by Jacques-Noël Sané. Along with the 80-gun Tonnant class and the 118-gun Océan class, the Téméraire class was to become one of the three French standard types of battleships. The Téméraire type was and remains the most numerous class of capital ship ever built. Their qualities at sea and in combat quickly made them the reference for all the European fleets. Wiki

temera13.jpg

• Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)

Christian VII was one of the largest ships commissioned by the Dano-Norwegian Navy, and the last beautifully decorated King's Yacht. She was a prestigious symbol of the crown at sea and was to be used as flagship in the Dano-Norwegian fleet. Converted to a 2-decker coastal defense ship, she fought at the Battle of Copenhagen which is often considered to be Nelson's hardest-fought battle. Norwegian Wiki

christ10.jpg

• Océan class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

The Océan class was a series of 16 ships designed by Jacques-Noël Sané. These were the most powerful ships of the Napoleonic Wars and a total of ten served during that time. Sané's masterpiece was considered one of the best sailing ships in the French fleet. The Orient is famous for her role as flagship of Napoléon's Campaign of Egypt, and for her spectacular destruction at the Battle of the Nile when her magazines detonated. Wiki

oceanf14.jpg

• Like 3

Out of the selection, Rattlesnake all the way. Bit sad the Prince of Neufchatel didn't make the cut, as that'd be my favorite by far. I want to do privateering and for that, it'd been a dream ship. But well, out of what's up, the Rattlesnake just fits what I want to sail :).

• Like 5

The Indefatigable is an exellent choice imo. It fills in a gap towards the Contitution and every Hornblower fan will have a really great time sailing her.

She would also be the 2nd ship ingame wich became famous by a novel ;)

I wonder if the poll stays on its course.

I like it thus far hehe.

• Like 2

The first ship that I have noticed out of these many ships was the USS Bonhomme Richard. As an American myself, and the history behind it, I have to vote for this! This would be so epic to see this ship sailing the ocean, and imagine John Paul Jones as well on the ship. This is probably my favorite ship of all these ships in-game currently. 

• Like 1

The first ship that I have noticed out of these many ships was the USS Bonhomme Richard. As an American myself, and the history behind it, I have to vote for this! This would be so epic to see this ship sailing the ocean, and imagine John Paul Jones as well on the ship. This is probably my favorite ship of all these ships in-game currently. 

It always catches my eye too.

Maybe its the paint scheme but the ship itself does look luxurious, I guess because its an Indiaman.  :D 

I really want to see merchant ships in the game , but at that point its too early without mechanic to change the cargo on board to be tested , so i voted for Wasa - that ship will close the gap between Constitution and Bellona , if i has a 2nd choice i would pick Rattlesnake were is the second gap , but choosing another frigate between Surprise , Trincomalee and Constitution is pointless at that point in my opinion.

• Like 2

It always catches my eye too.

Maybe its the paint scheme but the ship itself does look luxurious, I guess because its an Indiaman.  :D

Indeed, it is unique too, it was indiaman ship, and in this era now it is a warship :D yeah not just paint scheme but the hole ship looks awesome especially if you know the history behind it :D