Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Barberouge

Final poll  

856 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite ship

• Rattlesnake (1780, American 20-gun corvette)
    • Amazon-class (1773, British 32-gun frigate)
    • Hermione (1779, French 32-gun frigate)
    • Amsterdam (1748, Dutch 42-gun Indiaman)
    • USS Bonhomme Richard (1765, American 42-gun Indiaman)
    • HMS Indefatigable (1784, British 44-gun razeed frigate)
    • USS Independence (1814, American 54-gun razeed ship)
    • Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)
    • HMS Agamemnon (1781, British 64-gun ship)
    • Téméraire-class (1784, French 74-gun ship)
    • Christian VII (1767, Dano-Norwegian 90-gun ship)
    • Océan-class (1788, French 118-gun ship)

'replica': so true...!

Anyhow, might your dad be able to pull real plans of the ship? Seeing that he worked there and that the ship has a fair chance of making it into the game...

Well, I doubt that, he worked there in the 70's I believe. I have a contact within that museum myself though. But somehow, I doubt that the museum still has her plans. The museum has become something of a theme-park.

indepe10.jpgNow who wouldn't want that sailing around?

Good lord look at that beak head...

No thanks.

While I appreciate the fact that the dev team throws it to us to pick which ships will be included into the game, something is becoming painfully obvious.  There will be a preponderance of British and American ships.  Spain, France, Denmark, Sweden, Russia all had pretty nice designs, let alone the Dutch.  All of which at this rate, if the pattern holds, will have very few ships.

• Like 3

While I appreciate the fact that the dev team throws it to us to pick which ships will be included into the game, something is becoming painfully obvious.  There will be a preponderance of British and American ships.  Spain, France, Denmark, Sweden, Russia all had pretty nice designs, let alone the Dutch.  All of which at this rate, if the pattern holds, will have very few ships.

Keep in mind that these player-selected ships will ultimately make up a minority of the ships in the game. The developers will make sure all the holes get filled with the ships that they are developing now or in the future. A Dutch ship is currently leading the poll after all.

Good lord look at that beak head...

No thanks.

Let's look at the current and planned ships. As we will see so far the US has the same amount as France or Russia depending upon if the privateer schooner is American or not (most likely)

American ships:

Lynx

Constitution

(privateer schooner ?)

British:

Victory

Bellona

Trincomalee

Brig

Ontario

Centurion

Cutter

HMS Pickle

Brig Navy

French:

Surprise/Unite

La belle poule

La Renomme

Spanish

ST

Dutch:

Yacht

Russian:

Ingermanland

Brig Mercury

I assume we will have many more ships added of different nationalities. So far the planned ships for the upcoming year that we didn't get to vote on has added 2 French, 3 British, 2 Russian, and an American ship.

Keep in mind that these player-selected ships will ultimately make up a minority of the ships in the game. The developers will make sure all the holes get filled with the ships that they are developing now or in the future. A Dutch ship is currently leading the poll after all.

Good to hear.

Please select the Independence! It is a powerful razee which would be very maneuverable but with the hull integrity of a second rate. The broadside weight would be insane for a frigate. Historically this ship was very successful!

couldn't agree more with you i want it! Sadly i don't think it will make the cut :(

Voted Rattlesnake. I want to note that if/when the USS Independence makes into the game it should be a 90 gun ship of the line, it wasn't razeed until 1836, well outside the timeframe.

Yeah I thought that was odd. The 90 would have been a cool because it has a different design compared to many of the large SOLs. I might have voted for it in that case.....but wow the Richard just looks amazing! So its got my vote!

Word of warning about the Amsterdam though,

my dad used to work at the Scheepvaart Museum, where her 'replica' can be seen.

However, everyone working there just called her the 'Pancakeboat' because she's very inaccurately build.

I believe all the decks have been raised for tourists to easily and comfortably walk around in her. In my opinion this really shows. She looks way too high. If you think about how free they were with her dimensions, everything else should perhaps also be taken with a grain of salt.

The original Amsterdam won't do you much good either, seeing as there is so little left:

Damn, this turned me off of a vote for Amsterdam.  I'd prefer real ships in the game to tourist attractions and movie prop ships.  Are plans of the real ship known to exist?

Leaning more toward Bonhomme Richard now as she seems to have plans, and could also serve as a workaday Indiaman with reduced armament.

And yet, Christian VII is so very beautiful.

my dad used to work at the Scheepvaart Museum, where her 'replica' can be seen.

However, everyone working there just called her the 'Pancakeboat' because she's very inaccurately build.

I believe all the decks have been raised for tourists to easily and comfortably walk around in her. In my opinion this really shows. She looks way too high. If you think about how free they were with her dimensions, everything else should perhaps also be taken with a grain of salt.

The original Amsterdam won't do you much good either, seeing as there is so little left:

Quadcopter2.jpg

I was thinking the ship looked kinda odd. That explains it! 

I see there are some salty comments on what I posted about the independence and I know the ship may be a bit ahead of the games time line but it looks so good!I was hopeful it would have the 90 guns it saide though -_-

I'd be opposed to the Independance in 90 gun or 50 some gun razee form as she is a lineship and I personally do not see the enjoyment in lineships....Even if a third rate is still reasonably manouverable.

UH-OH.

Developers, please do not build an inaccurate ship, no matter how many people vote for it. I hope that you have some good paintings and draughts to work with, because the replica ship is missing lots of rigging and you can tell at first glance that there is something wrong with it.

I wholly support the inclusion of Dutch merchant ships in the game, but maybe it shouldn't be this one.

UH-OH.

Developers, please do not build an inaccurate ship, no matter how many people vote for it. I hope that you have some good paintings and draughts to work with, because the replica ship is missing lots of rigging and you can tell at first glance that there is something wrong with it.

I wholly support the inclusion of Dutch merchant ships in the game, but maybe it shouldn't be this one.

Agreed.

She does look a bit "tall" for her size.  Gotheburg instead?