Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Release Server Status Information

1 hour ago, Knobby said:

Can somebody fill me in please? If i delete my character will the exact same name be available for use immediately. 

Can I change nation this way and still have the same name?

yes 

The rumours of evil devs pushing the name-change dlc by keeping player names are overrrated as you can just delete your character and immediately recreate new character for a new nation (with the same name)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, admin said:

yes 

The rumours of evil devs pushing the name-change dlc by keeping names are overrrated as you can just delete your character and immediately recreate new character for a new nation.

But what of other evil dev rumor?  Such as bringing back raid or an alliance system.  Or tweaking port bonuses and BR.  Adding in paints that were promised.   Are those rumors just wind?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

But what of other evil dev rumor?  Such as bringing back raid or an alliance system.  Or tweaking port bonuses and BR.  Adding in paints that were promised.   Are those rumors just wind?

Not pushing unfinished under cooked features into the live game is not evil. Skins are under way

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Knobby said:

Can I change nation this way and still have the same name?

Update
you have to wait 5 mins for the current name to be released. after that you can create a char with the same name. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RyebreadMike said:

What part of 'skins are underway' do you not understand?

Some of us are curious about stuff other than paints that were listed on the development roadmap. Many of us have been playing since the beginning and we know what kind of content exists in Naval Action that is just not being used. Things like flag mechanics, lobby battle rooms, Martello tower port battles, etc. that could be modified and brought in as new features. We’re just asking if further development of actual mechanics, new ships, and content can be expected at or after release. 

No need to be snarky to players who are asking legitimate questions.

We get it, you like the game, cut the devs a break, blah blah. 

I like it too and wish Game Labs all success at release. I don’t think it will work out (because of numerous issues already mentioned) but that doesn’t stop me from hoping. It also doesn’t stop players from asking if further development will happen.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, William Death said:

No need to be snarky to players who are asking legitimate questions.

We get it, you like the game, cut the devs a break, blah blah. 

Fair point, I think I reached my limit of negativity there and went off :)

24 minutes ago, RyebreadMike said:

Fair point, I think I reached my limit of negativity there and went off :)

There's negativity and then there is constructive comments about the release.  Try not to confuse the 2.

MOST of us here want a successful release and a playable game in the months to come.  Some of the changes that have been proposed would help towards that end.....but there has been relatively no development comments in regards to them.  This is concerning to some and the lightspeed of the scheduled release guarantees that things, perhaps important things, will be left out. 

• Like 3

Ok so here goes... love what the game is trying to be...however extremely concerned with the fact that we are potentially less than 48hrs from release and there is no advertising campaign, what's the plan, are we doing the promotion? Alot of people myself included are almost convinced you have given up on the game and are just throwing it out to be done... Because if u arnt and u want this to succeed like us then why are basics not done?, many times fellow admirals have brought up existing issues that still are not fixed, what's the rush? Why release now when game isn't ready?... this again Is asking for those that are upset with things to write more bad reviews I'm so confused right now by how many changes have been put into the game in the last few months... which has been more than the last 18months. I appreciate ur a small team but something feels really off by the lack of basic things not done or ready... advertising being the big issue because unless u get those 1000 new players I fail to see this game survive, this is in no way an attack against the devs/admin or mods etc... just a fellow gamer voicing his concerns...

Ps...

Can it also be confirmed what's happening with game bans are they going to be lifted at release as was previously mentioned they would be?

Edited by Black veil
Missed somethibg
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

There's negativity and then there is constructive comments about the release.  Try not to confuse the 2.

MOST of us here want a successful release and a playable game in the months to come.  Some of the changes that have been proposed would help towards that end.....but there has been relatively no development comments in regards to them.  This is concerning to some and the lightspeed of the scheduled release guarantees that things, perhaps important things, will be left out. 

lol .. well let's see, when someone acknowledges they made a mistake, THAT is when you take the time to tell them how to act.  Nice.  As for if/when I make a further mistake, that sir, is not up to you .. hell, it's rarely up to me hehe.  But I do have opinions about what's going on here as well as you.  I agree with many of the  subjects brought up here and disagree with others.  My main beef is with the nature of the comments.  

4 minutes ago, Serk said:

Lack of advertisement is indeed worrying. This reminds me of a B-movie being released straight to DVD.

Indeed, with such a soft launch one wonders why there’s even a need to wipe the existing users’ XP and Crafting Level? :ducks:

Edited by Capitalism
  • Like 4

I’m just hoping somehow they rebalance all the ship bonuses from mods, port bonuses, etc. I really enjoy the possibility of sinking another player with a captured or store bought ship.  But all the bonuses makes that seem very very unlikely. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Serk said:

Lack of advertisement is indeed worrying. This reminds me of a B-movie being released straight to DVD.

Is easy to get players on release, just make free play weekend.

I see many games doing same on steam, and games i try buy quite often.

Edited by Doh
  • Like 2

Just now, Doh said:

Is easy to get players on release, just make free play weekend.

With respect u think that's a good idea for releasing a game?, just that and nothing else? No adverts, no YouTube streamers announcing it etc... nothing on steam saying hey 2 days and this amazing game releases, none of this worries u?