Game-Labs Forum

Patch 28 - Battle Ensigns - Flags Feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

I just logged in again since quite a while (never checked out the Flags DLC in game before) just to find out that the variety of Swedish Flags is disappointing while pirates seems to have much for flags to choose from. 'Sverige national flag' and 'Naval Ensign flag' seem to be equal. Intended? 

SWEDES.PNG.01a6617d213afe7638e75fb05f92644b.PNG

It would be also nice to see the available flags within Steam shop so I can check them before I buy them.

Despite of that... is there a chance that we can see the flag on our ship while in port? That would be super sweet. 

I'm wishing all of you devs and captains a good and healthy start into 2019. 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:48 AM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Anyone can check them all. They are displayed on the DLC store screenshots.

image.png.bcca0e948769b2af190d95f900905586.png

But not what flag belongs to nation xy. Current visual display can put someone in mind that it's possible regardless of nation to pick one of those flags even dlc discription is more clear.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

About the new swedish flags - Dear Devs!

The graphic performance of the Swedish flags, I describe as careless, haphazard and cheap. Instead of dealing with the history of Sweden in the Baltic region, one flag was blue, the other four flags from blue-yellow to blue-yellow more or less brightly designed. And: What a performance! One blue and yellow flag gets a little red field! This flag is available only from 1818 to 1843!  At this point my question: Are you still there? Where is the Swedish-Pomeranian (Pomeranian) flag, where is the flag of Swedish-Kurland (The red and white of the Duchy is sufficient to distinguish other Kurland flags), where are the flags of Aland or occupied Finland until 1815?

My request to the devs: Please work on graphic things more thoroughly and with more attention to detail! I hope the different ship-hull colors (payable) will be implemented soon. If you have not the ideas - ask your community that has been loyal to you for years!

Oh well, before I forget it: Please introduce a rookie area again, please remove the event zones and also the capital protection zones! Only then will there be natural PVP again!

Happy New Year for devs and players!

Jakob Kettler

Über die schwedischen Flagge - Hallo Devs!

Die grafische Leistung bei den schwedischen Flaggen bezeichne ich als lieblos, planlos und billig. Anstatt sich mit der Historie Schwedens im Ostseeraum auseinander zu setzen, wurde eine Flagge blau, die anderen 4 Flaggen von blau-gelb bis blau-gelb mehr oder weniger hell konzipiert. Und: Was für eine Leistung! Eine blau-gelbe Flagge bekommt ein kleines rotes Feld! Diese Flagge gibt es offiziell erst von 1818 - 1843! An dieser Stelle meine Frage: Geht's noch??? Wo ist die Flagge Schwedisch-Pommerns (Pommern), wo ist die Flagge Schwedisch-Kurlands (Zur Abgrenzung zu anderen Kurland-Flaggen genügt die rot-weiße des Herzogtums), wo sind die Flaggen Alands oder des besetzten Finnlands bis 1815?

Meine Bitte an die Devs: Bitte arbeitet an grafischen Dingen gründlicher und mit mehr Liebe zum Detail! Ich hoffe, dass die verschiedenen Schiffsrumpffarben (bezahlbar) auch bald implementiert werden. Wenn euch die Ideen fehlen - fragt doch die Community, die euch seit Jahren die Treue hält!

Achja, bevor ich es vergesse: Führt bitte wieder ein Rookie-Gebiet ein, schafft die Event-Zonen bitte ab und auch die Hauptstadt-Schutzzonen! Nur so gibt es wieder natürliches PVP!

Alles Gute den Devs und Spielern im neuen Jahr!

Jakob Kettler

Schwedenflaggen.jpg

Edited by Jakob.Kettler
  • Like 1

Good morning and a happy new year to all

I agree with Jakob ... this flag DLC is not worth to buy for me because the concept lags on historic depth and it dosn't fit with situation of clans. For example the HRE Flag ... does anyone  really think HRE Players will buy the DLC and change nation for this flag?

3 hours ago, Jakob.Kettler said:

About the new swedish flags - Dear Devs!

The graphic performance of the Swedish flags, I describe as careless, haphazard and cheap. Instead of dealing with the history of Sweden in the Baltic region, one flag was blue, the other four flags from blue-yellow to blue-yellow more or less brightly designed. And: What a performance! One blue and yellow flag gets a little red field! This flag is available only from 1818 to 1843

Totally understand. Flag collection uses historical flags from the historical sources and unfortunately some nations were not so creative in the flag designs, as a results some nations (like denmark or sweden or united states) have limited selections. This collection will of course be expanded but we would always prefer to add historical flags that could (at least theoretically) be flown on the stern of the ship. 

• Like 7

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, z4ys said:

But not what flag belongs to nation xy. Current visual display can put someone in mind that it's possible regardless of nation to pick one of those flags even dlc discription is more clear.

I am sure that someone will manage to assume that they can fly all of the flags as seen on the ship in the current visual display.  If we have to explain to a Brit that he can't fly that Swedish flag....Well, i'd like to meet him 1v1...

How about a Welsh Flag 😂

1. Could we place a symbol on a say a Blue Ensign for a squad / clan flag?
  2. Could we have Allied Flags say Portugal sailed in ally with the British Fleet against the French.  Some Portuguese players suggested that on TS in my clan and I thought that would be a great gesture.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:45 AM, van der Decken said:

This flag in particular is too faded and not crisp enough. The Willem of Orange GWC flag looks great..nice clean lins and letters. Will take another battle to see other flags
Xu3YYPD.jpg

The flag looks like this in game.

ccs9Vuu.png

you are probably playing on low settings and of course settings determine how flags look bad

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, admin said:

its a REAL FLAG)))

Yeah, I don't doubt its authenticity. I know you research a lot before implementing something like this in the game, trying to keep it as historically accurate as possible and I really appreciate your dedication to quality in this regard.

But don't you agree it looks a bit weird? I'm trying to imagine a ship of the line, the most advanced piece of engineering art of its time,  rocking this odd drawing that appears to be the work of some child on its main flagpole... admiralty must have been drunk when they accepted this flag.

25 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

rocking this odd drawing that appears to be the work of some child on its main flagpole

How DARE you slam the virgin with a top-hat on a stick with the retarded testicle lion!!?!!?!?!?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:

The flag looks like this in game.

ccs9Vuu.png

you are probably playing on low settings and of course settings determine how flags look bad

Indeed I do have to play the game with low graphics, but to me this flag looked too pixelated, faded and not crisp compared to other flags. However, when reading the information link you provided about the design being wool, hand sewn, and oil painted, it makes sense that even with high graphics it would look less crisp and slightly faded compared to other flags in game. Thank you for the link and my apologies.

• 4 weeks later...