Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

2 hours ago, admin said:

Thanks Vile 
And thanks everyone for support. Lots of love :)

yowdMCf.jpg

Will the new skin be released before 4th of july? :P

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

So this connie will be Premium(imported) ship?

We do not know yet if there will be more imported vessels. Lets give hercules and le requin a chance first. 
Paints definitely will happen though. 

• Like 2

When I first opened one of the windows while in OW (I believe it was the 'hold' window), half of the window was off screen. I had to click and drag to bring the window in to full view. All windows should display entirely, regardless of zoom level.

And once again, please make the compass solid, not transparent. When sailing in OW, the constant flow of fast moving waves, white water and reflected sunlight across the compass face make focusing and reading the compass very difficult on the eyes. 

23 hours ago, admin said:

Outposts are still under consideration. 

The interesting thing is that the p2w negative that some people suggested can be considered a great thing for the game by others. 

Negative: + more outposts allow you to jump to battles faster, find enemies faster, and reduce your travel time on the open world = thus its pay 2 win.
Positive: + more outposts allow you to jump to battles faster, find enemies faster, and reduce your travel time on the open world = thus its quality of life. 

We have not found the way to respond to the negative. Because negative view is true - it does speed up access to battles. But it also brings quality of life. One would argue that there are already so many outposts that allow to cover all map and adding 1-3 more will change nothing. 

It deserves a separate topic basically. 

I think Outpost numbers should be increased across the board. I think Capitol Outpost should be "free" along with possibly two of your nation's Outposts and additional Outpost should depend on rank but we should have close to double the number we have now

28 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

False. I often use depower or power up or even manual sails to correct a badly shot broadside. It does affect your broadside after you started firing it.

Huh?! Are you sure? I've only seen what @rediii describes.

• Like 1

C

5 hours ago, admin said:

Thanks Vile 

yowdMCf.jpg

CONNIE REWORK!!! *swooooooooooon*

And yeah, thanks for fixing the leaks, it's ridiculous when a "dead" ship floats for 5 minutes blasting at you like 0 structure and armor is nothing.

Now for the bad. The new map isn't great. Scrolling is a bit daft (it needs edges), and please give us back grids and coordinates. In fact, please give us a way to determine our position on the map again. Enough with the Polynesian Navigator thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Sounds like Battle of Lisa in 1866. Issue with ramming was that it was constant damage over time, but it should be only 1 time damage hit. Also at the moment "destroyed" bow has really no effect on the ship sailing. Thus we have in-game "bow-tanking" common tactic.

Should provide leaks if bow gone and sailing at full sails. High speed collisions should have serious rigging damage too. Like ram someone with your bow and you lose your foremast. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

half of the broadside misses because was fired too low and I use my sails to correct heel and the other half actually hits the target.

Ah, yes, I do that too. When firing the leeward side on a heeling ship the point of origin of the balls may be so low that they go into the waves. A depower and neutralizing of the yard may elevate the gundeck sufficiently to allow the shots to go clear of the waves and hit home. The cannons are still vertically stabilized on the target, though.

(All this works on the windward side too if an elevated row of guns are firing above the target)

8 hours ago, admin said:

Thanks Vile 

yowdMCf.jpg

Cant wait to see her fully, we need to get the game back to be about fighting in mainly 6-4th rates not all SOL like half the battles are.   Still think some ports need a limit on ship that can be brought to PB's like no SOL only 4th rates and below or even 3rd rates and below.  That will get folks using more of the mid tier ships instead of the most heavy they can bring.

If this Connie is going to have stat changes too than maybe we can keep the old Connie as a generic 4th Rate frigate so we add more ships instead of loosing them.

7 hours ago, admin said:

We had this
Unfortunately people overused it turning this feature into a ram-fest, a ram-job. It was switched off as a result. Originally you could ram a ship and sink it instantly (both of you) if you had enough mass and energy generating devastating hole under water or at the waterline. Because it was so realistic and dominant someplayers ignored combat and were just ramming and ramming everyone. 

We could always just test it again, but maybe tone down the effects some what. I  remember getting leaks and protecting your bows back than now folks just ram away trying to push folks into boards and other things.  If they take just as much or more damage you will see less folks doing it. Make it a grave action to ram some one, pretty much a instant leark/sinking for the guy that rams, but not as much damage for the one being rammed depending on ships mass and size and such.

7 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Sailing profile changes were done at some point.  After that it was harder to tack etc.

Also if I ram someone to rage board and my speed drops 10knt in a seconds.  That should mean radical damage to my ship.

And start to please care about balance.  PvP game without a good balance is a no game.

New graphics are really nice btw.

You know you can run Determined Defender and that will stop rage boards. I have yet to be boarded even before that perk returned unless I wanted to get boardered so it's prob the person sailing the ships not the fact you can get boarded.  I see folks do it all the time, try to tack through wind get instant boarded as they are stuck in irons.  Maybe don't go through irons with an enemy ship right next to you?

7 hours ago, Wyy said:

Will the new skin be released before 4th of july? :P

I'm hoping it's a whole new ship not a sking, but yah this would be a great day to release it.....I mean what better day than the US Independence day?

5 hours ago, admin said:

We do not know yet if there will be more imported vessels. Lets give hercules and le requin a chance first. 
Paints definitely will happen though. 

You really need to bring back paint chest even if you plan to change paints later.   We have two paints in game right now from NYE and most folks ran out of them ages ago. I don't know why you don't allow them back into game until you make the changes.  Remember like the Improted ships anything I can pay real money for I should be able to get in game too.  So if your going to do paint chest DLC later than it won't hurt if we get them in battles too for special rewards.

5 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm speaking about vertical trajectory of shots. That's just my experience as when half of the broadside misses because was fired too low and I use my sails to correct heel and the other half actually hits the target. I don't believe that's a placebo effect because I've done it many times and it seemed to work as intended. Same as turning your ship adjusts the trajectory.

i tested it, if you depower and angle sails at speed, aim down at the water at the lowest point then fire and immediately auto skipper and go full sails and turn upwind to get more heel, the cannonballs will still hit the water at the same place as when you were at 0* heel

Edited by Guest

Loving this new patch. Have not played in a while and this patch is giving the game a great new feel. Love the map graphics as well.

The tutorials I am especially enjoying. It does make a huge difference to the game to be able to know you have the basic skill set before proceeding out into the open world.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rediii said:

remove stabilized cannons. If your ship rolls midbroadside cannonballs should go where the ship heels to and not like now

No!!!! This is not historically correct. A broadside would not be a rolling broadside or random fire as in game. The guns would fire simultaneously for exactly the reason of avoiding the roll. The opposite of what you are requesting. Rather give me a simultaneous fire broadside.

6 minutes ago, Sir William Hargood said:

No!!!! This is not historically correct. A broadside would not be a rolling broadside or random fire as in game. The guns would fire simultaneously for exactly the reason of avoiding the roll. The opposite of what you are requesting. Rather give me a simultaneous fire broadside.

I'm not an expert, but I've heard firing all guns at once could damage the ship due to recoil shock.

We had discussions not too long ago of removing the gyro, a pretty good string of threads actually. It could solve a lot of meta issues like mast sniping.

I'm all for it. But we need that rolling fire while holding space that stops when let go so we can do burst fire. Heck we need that in general.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rediii said:

right now:

- Depower, left click, power -> Broadside is perfectly stabilized and you shoot where your ship was while depowered even if you heel like crazy again

How it should be:

- Depower, left click, power -> First shots hit the target and rest goes above/below because your ship heels again.

It`s a game rediii, come on now.....

• Like 1

Just now, Sir William Hargood said:

Each gunner would also fire on the upward roll and timing was important. Therefor introduction of the flintlock firing mechanism was vitally important to time each shot precisely. The Captain did not time each shot. Each gunner did. So the game needs to compensate for that fact.

it does with the speed of how you can elevate and traverse the guns. If you're mid broadside and the ship heels sharply, it's a half a second adjustment to get back on target. We don't need gyro stabilized guns, it's silly and GLARINGLY unrealistic. We would do fine without.

Now that the grid is gone from the map can we please have additional navigation tools. At the very least a set of dividers so I can measure on the map and also the ability to place markers on the map.

I assume that the trader tool distances will always remain in map so therefore I wont ever be needing a Chip Log or Traverse Board used in Dead Reckoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_log     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traverse_board     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_reckoning

• Like 2

On 6/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, admin said:

Capturable ports now give better chance to build a exceptional vessel.

Hi, how much is the difference, or where can i read about it? 

I want to build a shipyard, but dont know yet if its worth the risk+effort of having it in either capital or smaller harbor...

• Like 2

Tuning

• NPC can rarely sail a 4/5 or 5/5 vessel
  • Capturable ports now give better chance to build a exceptional vessel.

made some new ships in a capturable harbor but it is disappointing what i got only bleu 3/5 and no 4/5 or 5/5

so no chance at all? or ?? what are the chances ??

speaking about chances:

also the rare books i don't see them and did not see them for a while / also many clan can not do the elite battles  so its a no go for those players

can we resolve that issue in another way?

you can buy them but someone asked 100 million for it ftw its a to extreme feature

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Another detail for a lost facililty:

In previous interface, it was possible to check in OW which perk you chosed before leaving the port (for instance, when you just scramble for giving support to an attacked mate).

It was possible to remind you your perks and installed upgrade by going in "Manage Crew" and placing the mouse pointer on your ship (like before sinking/capturing in PvP).

This is no more possible. Why?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

Another detail for a lost facililty:

In previous interface, it was possible to check in OW which perk you chosed before leaving the port (for instance, when you just scramble for giving support to an attacked mate).

It was possible to remind you your perks and installed upgrade by going in "Manage Crew" and placing the mouse pointer on your ship (like before sinking/capturing in PvP).

This is no more possible. Why?

yes i miss it to sometimes i do not know what ship i sail in

i have to sail into a harbor and see what kind of pump i have (i could asked the crew but they are deaf and dont give a answer on the water it seems)

i think it is a completely forgotten build in  feature

Edited by Thonys

11 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Tuning

• NPC can rarely sail a 4/5 or 5/5 vessel
  • Capturable ports now give better chance to build a exceptional vessel.

made some new ships in a capturable harbor but it is disappointing what i got only bleu 3/5 and no 4/5 or 5/5

so no chance at all? or ?? what are the chances ??

speaking about chances:

also the rare books i don't see them and did not see them for a while / also many clan can not do the elite battles  so its a no go for those players

can we resolve that issue in another way?

you can buy them but someone asked 100 million for it ftw its a to extreme feature

do not worry about NPC gold ships, they are not that thing: still crew + wood type