Game-Labs Forum

why the game is not worth playing it

everyday i come closer to the knowledge that the game is not worth to play it.

Why?

Many different type of Woods to build a ship.

Unreal ship Speeds - sorry but that is the most insane in that game.

Different Perks and Ship Knowledge and Refits which are sometime overlapping

Useless medium cannons (range, penetretion, damage)

unlimited use of repairs (rum/hull/rigging) - that's the second most insane in that game.

Players (mostly Pirates) which have nothing better to do than ganking with fir wood surprises. What I can accept so far even when those ppl have nothing better to do including "silly sayings"

Pirates at all in this game. As long they are treated like the other nations the game will fail.

Hidden game changes regarding ship handling and or other perks every few days.

I can't realy unterstand the developers here. we are loosing players every day, without any reaction from their side and also we are testing(!) since more then 1 1/2 year Settings in that game without any kind of success and or progress. It's not getting better, it's getting worse with every day.

If I could delete and or change my positive Feedback for this game in steam i would do it.

Feel free to comment that or whatever and have fun.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, William Livingston Alden said:

Many different type of Woods to build a ship.

And this is bad why?

Unreal ship Speeds - sorry but that is the most insane in that game.

The OW speed is increased on purpose. Those of us who have a life don't enjoy staring at the simulated ocean for hours ( even tho the scenery in the game is nice ) just to get from A to B.

Different Perks and Ship Knowledge and Refits which are sometime overlapping

That's intentional and i like it because you can tailor your ships strengths as you wish. But balance is pretty poor among them i agree with that. Some upgrades are garbage and some OP but its not final and can still be tweaked.

The only thing useless here is your game knowledge, because it is non existent it seems.

unlimited use of repairs (rum/hull/rigging) - that's the second most insane in that game.

Yup, i agree with that... this one is pretty retarded and the reason i stopped playing actively.

Players (mostly Pirates) which have nothing better to do than ganking with fir wood surprises. What I can accept so far even when those ppl have nothing better to do including "silly sayings"

True it's the fault of the overpriced ultra rare upgrades. I don't blame people for spamming cheap fir ships when even a hello kittyin copper plate costs 1 mil+ . It's the devs fault for wanting ultra rare upgrades. It's only natural players don't want to lose it and this spam cheap fir ships to gank.

Pirates at all in this game. As long they are treated like the other nations the game will fail.

I don't think the game will fail only because pirates are just another nation.... But yeah the outlaw mechanic being the only pirate feature after all those years is pretty poor in my honest opinion...

Hidden game changes regarding ship handling and or other perks every few days.

I actually wish they would balance ships properly so i don't mind them adjusting stats to balance ships but this one might be just your imagination or bugs.

I can't realy unterstand the developers here. we are loosing players every day, without any reaction from their side and also we are testing(!) since more then 1 1/2 year Settings in that game without any kind of success and or progress. It's not getting better, it's getting worse with every day.

Well, can't disagree here sadly... but i think or rather hope the devs trying their hardest to fix it - it isn't easy to please everyone! They change A and people cry, then they change it back to B and other people cry, rinse and repeat.

If I could delete and or change my positive Feedback for this game in steam i would do it.

You can actually. But why would you want to hurt the game even more? I didn't give the game a positive review yet because i just can't recommend it in its current state but i didn't give a negative either because its still EA and as long as the game is not released i feel it's unfair to give a negative review... ( even tho it has been EA for quite some time now but good things are worth waiting for ).

Edited by Captain Lust

I keep playing it (and still like it), but I acknowledge that - basically - the greatest problem of this game is that is .... boring (so I would not recommend it to a casual player).

Edited by victor

On 8/27/2017 at 10:56 AM, William Livingston Alden said:

everyday i come closer to the knowledge that the game is not worth to play it.

Why?

(WORDS)

Feel free to comment that or whatever and have fun.

Ship speeds in battle are always going to be faster than real life, no one wants to sit plodding around for an hour trying to get into firing position at 6kn.

And you can change your feedback on something.   EDIT your feedback on STEAM.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 5:00 PM, Slim Jimmerson said:

The game is dead because RVR is dead.

RVR/pvp is the only timeless content in the game, everything else gets boring fast.

no active RVR/PVP, no reason to come back

And I wholeheartingly disagree (without any personal offense intended) and say: this game lacks story content. 

People will play this game if RvR isn't their only option, but one route to write their own story in the open world.

7 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

And I wholeheartingly disagree (without any personal offense intended) and say: this game lacks story content. 

People will play this game if RvR isn't their only option, but one route to write their own story in the open world.

RVR/PVP is the timeless content of the game. People will always come back if those aspects are good.

Story content is finite, and some people will never touch it in the first place. Not to mention the game needs to be semi complete before you can write up story quest for it, which we're far from

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Quests are just one part of what story content can be. A simple logbook and a little more atmosphere ( tavern) are part of it as well. 

holy shit +1 x200. 

Give us a logbook where we can type anything, and log our recent kills on. 

Then let us turn the logbook into an item in the inventory, and trade to others.

The stories that could be told.... o.o

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 6:43 AM, PYR said:

I enjoy playing for more than 2 years with a pause from time to time. This is a fantastic game. It is unic and has to be preserved like a jewel because we wont have another with high art quality on the ship of that period for a very long time. The batle game play are also fantastic...; the rest is only matter of tuning.

Please stay on topic

51 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Don't give the game a bad review on steam. I did that and spent the next month with some of the worst bugs I've ever seen. They all magically went away when I edited it to neutral.

LMFAO

Not sure if serious ... LMFAO again. You've got to be joking that you would even consider dreaming this up ? 

13 hours ago, Vizzini said:

LMFAO

Not sure if serious ... LMFAO again. You've got to be joking that you would even consider dreaming this up ? 

No, and I'm not the only one who has had something similar happen. It's too much to be coincidence. And it went away when I changed my review, which was also too coincidental. 

On 2017-08-27 at 4:56 PM, William Livingston Alden said:

This is just stupidly wrong!
Yes they have less range and penetration but more damage. They are also a lot cheaper and weighs less (more speed or more repairs). Get your facts straight before complaining about the game.

18 hours ago, Malachy said:

Don't give the game a bad review on steam. I did that and spent the next month with some of the worst bugs I've ever seen. They all magically went away when I edited it to neutral.

This is just beyond stupid, I cant even process it. I truly feel sorry for you if you live your life with this kind of paranoia.

Hasn't admin said that the game is made for around 100h playtime after that there is no interest to keep these people in the game because with their RvR and pvp they hurt the newcomers.

Because of that it's more than welcome that people leave after 100h.

At least that's what I read between the lines.

The game is good in that first 100h so why improve it further refund is only possible within the first 2 hours.

I doubt we see any improvements for 100+h player.But yeah I still hope admin proves me wrong. I still believe.

Edited by z4ys

On 8/29/2017 at 4:22 PM, Slim Jimmerson said:

holy shit +1 x200. 

Give us a logbook where we can type anything, and log our recent kills on. 

Then let us turn the logbook into an item in the inventory, and trade to others.

The stories that could be told.... o.o

Yep, a logbook would be nifty. 😀

The game lacks any basic story content at all, except for the ranks and missions. There is no narrative in there whatsoever. Everything is based solely on player interaction and even those are ephemeral und unrecorded. 

This is either too much focus on technical matters or lazy game making (which is a bit of an ill accusation from my side). 

Story content keeps people involved emotionally and provides motivation long term. 

44 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

The game lacks any basic story content at all, except for the ranks and missions.

Players can make content.

Example

1. Trafalgar the greatest event in OW by @Booyaah
  2. The Small Battle Challenge! (pvp1) by @Fellvred
  3. Путешествие за Сантисимой и Bloody Hermione! by @Red October
  4. Naval Action 3v3 Tournament by @OlavDeng2
  5. Let's meet great patch 9.99 by me :)
Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Well not anymore since they removed small battles for some reason.