Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

Suggestion for Hostility Missions ( and taking from the other thread of them always being open ), make them a smaller version of PBs. Meaning instead of 50 player slots, make them 20 player slots available -AND- loss of hostility IF mission is canceled to grab another one.

This is how they look like at the moment :) not bad at all.

0A3556B04876049E1CFE5B9417110A5F2611EFA2

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

This is how they look like at the moment :) not bad at all.

It only shows to me how badly hostility missions scale right now.

On 8/9/2017 at 9:57 AM, Skully said:

True, if they want to engage. If not, then one side will see 2 hours of nothing or PvE.

I think that we can all agree that PvP trumps anything.

Any form of PvE will feel like an empty placeholder.

1 hour ago, Bjerg Bjergsson said:

Just created a new pirate char on the testbed. No redeemables no gold and no rank. :huh:

Nevermind - logged in/out a few times and waited 20 mins and now it's there. TY

Faster method - check smuggler, uncheck smuggler, your redeemables should be there then.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

0A3556B04876049E1CFE5B9417110A5F2611EFA2

@admin so if I understand it next patch this mission gives you 4 million when you sink all victorys? so if you do it with 4 l oceans ( good line sailing and skill captains) then you can very very easy make millions.

greets

7 hours ago, NielsVisser said:

@admin so if I understand it next patch this mission gives you 4 million when you sink all victorys? so if you do it with 4 l oceans ( good line sailing and skill captains) then you can very very easy make millions.

greets

Hence NPC ships should be valued at 0.

31 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Im really worried about the Wasa capabilities (besides its odd look lol, eyes bleeding...).

It has an incredible firepower (32lb cannons and 32lb carronades) and it is quite tanky in comparison with all the rest of the fourth rates. That will make even the Agamemnon an useless ship.

Also its extra crew make it a good ship for boarding. Dam, even its turn rate is not bad. This ship is really OP, out of any balance.

There is an easy fix.  Increase BR and change it to a 3rd rate.  That is what it was in real life anyway.

• Like 6

On 8/21/2017 at 9:09 AM, [HRE] Lanfire said:

@admin @Ink

Please, if you call a Server: Testserver, make it possible, that ALL Items, Upgrades and Ships are available for Testing !

Like in Eve-OnlineTestserver: Almost everything is buyable for a small fee. Make maybee every Item/Ship/Upgrade cost 100 gold, resources 10 gold or so.

So, we can really test it and dont must wast time in senseless grinding/farming/trading !

The devs had a goal with the testbed: as much PvP as possible using the new ships equipped with certain upgrades. And they gave us everything (in excess) that was needed to accomplish that goal. There was absolutely no reason or need to grind/farm/trade anything on the test bed. 

Its a shame more people didn't jump on the opportunity to PvP risk-free.

29 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Its a shame more people didn't jump on the opportunity to PvP risk-free.

I drop in there everyday to see if someone wants to fight. It's easy for me when: 4b7b08bba409795970c848607ac8fe44.png

Some people have to wait for that shit.

not sure what the test was but in the last week I had some Epic PVP battles with more PFS then ever and without any crashes or bug :)

only problem I found it that to wasa is not a 4th rate (compared with 5th rates and 4th rates) cuz it sails like a 4th and shoots like a 3rd rate, it will be a nice beginners class for 3rd rate in legends or NA but then 3rd rates need a better job in the game because atm there is almost no reason to make a 3rd rate.

Edited by NielsVisser

On 24.8.2017 at 4:57 PM, Intrepido said:

Im really worried about the Wasa capabilities (besides its odd look lol, eyes bleeding...).

It has an incredible firepower (32lb cannons and 32lb carronades) and it is quite tanky in comparison with all the rest of the fourth rates. That will make even the Agamemnon an useless ship.

Also its extra crew make it a good ship for boarding. Dam, even its turn rate is not bad. This ship is really OP, out of any balance.

It has 32lb cannos, good turnrate, armor, crew and speed with the bonus of 6 ! bow and 4 stern chasers. It's OP even for a 3rd rate tbh... but yeah no 4th rate can compare from what i saw statwise on testbed.

3 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

It has 32lb cannos, good turnrate, armor, crew and speed with the bonus of 6 ! bow and 4 stern chasers. It's OP even for a 3rd rate tbh... but yeah no 4th rate can compare from what i saw statwise on testbed.

Yeah, for a 4th rate, it is OP with current stats, but Bellona still beats it as a 3rd rate. My suggestion for balancing it as a 4th rate would be this:

• Nerf HP and Armor. Make this a paper ship. It should make the "Glass Cannon 4th Rate" AKA Ingermanland look tough
  • Nerf speed to 12.08 or thereabouts (I think it is 12.2 right now)
  • Keep turn rate as-is (its not great, but its not horrible either)
  • Keep bow and stern chasers as-is
  • Keep broadside loadout as is

This would make it extremely weak for a PB brawling ship, but a very good OW ship.

Or, it could be "promoted" to 3rd rate class and keep similar stats to what it has now, although Bellona will still beat it for most brawling 3rd rate duties, the Wasa will undoubtedly be used in OW just as often, if not more often than Bellona.

5 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

That Wasa is really nice. 6 guns up front is a big selling point a forward facing broadside I think.

LOL 

I was joking about that thinking...ya know, I've got the broadside of a basic cutter mounted to my bow! :lol:

Hmmmm...six double-charged bow chasers on a penetration-upgraded-build Wasa to demast the ships I chase...  <_<  ...that could be fun :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Willis PVP2
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2017 at 0:30 PM, Willis PVP2 said:

Yeah, for a 4th rate, it is OP with current stats, but Bellona still beats it as a 3rd rate. My suggestion for balancing it as a 4th rate would be this:

• Nerf HP and Armor. Make this a paper ship. It should make the "Glass Cannon 4th Rate" AKA Ingermanland look tough
  • Nerf speed to 12.08 or thereabouts (I think it is 12.2 right now)
  • Keep turn rate as-is (its not great, but its not horrible either)
  • Keep bow and stern chasers as-is
  • Keep broadside loadout as is

This would make it extremely weak for a PB brawling ship, but a very good OW ship.

Or, it could be "promoted" to 3rd rate class and keep similar stats to what it has now, although Bellona will still beat it for most brawling 3rd rate duties, the Wasa will undoubtedly be used in OW just as often, if not more often than Bellona.

Just make it a 3rd rate with a 3rd rate BR.  No need to nerf.

26 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

One or two more 4th rate options would be super.  Nerf it some, and keep it Class 4.

I agree with that. 

Right now, we have the fast 4th rate (Constitution), the turn rate and HP 4th rate (Wapen), the demaster (Ingermanland), and the PB all-rounder (Agamemnon). It would be cool to have a fast glass cannon with loads of bow chasers. To balance it with Inger, make sure the HP on the nerfed Wasa is lower than that of the Inger. With those changes, you might only see a few Wapens in PBs (serving as hard-hitting ships, but ones that must be carefully guarded by tougher 4th rates), but you'll be guaranteed to see it in OW pretty often.

I think she is a bit light to be the same BR as Bellona (then again, so is that junky "Third Rate" we have), but I guess only live-server testing and usage will tell if Wasa fits in better as a 3rd or 4th rate...

• Like 1

Don't nerf the ships please, it's just the PB rules that sux by forcing this boring 25 vs 25 of the same.

I've made a suggestion for pb battlegroups limited in a number of slots, and each ship equal 1 slot or more. That way you could balance sides by making the wasa value 1.5 slots while Agga value 1 for exemple: that way instead of bringing 3 Agga, a team could be allowed to bring 2 Wasa : The more powerfull ship you bring, the less you can bring => balance ( And no , br cap is a crappy solution, really think about mine)

In OW, rate and br have little to no importance. The 3rd/4th rate category is only there for PB.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 2:38 AM, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Don't nerf the ships please, it's just the PB rules that sux by forcing this boring 25 vs 25 of the same.

I've made a suggestion for pb battlegroups limited in a number of slots, and each ship equal 1 slot or more. That way you could balance sides by making the wasa value 1.5 slots while Agga value 1 for exemple: that way instead of bringing 3 Agga, a team could be allowed to bring 2 Wasa

Except 3 aggies is way more powerful than 2 Wasas. Biggest problem would be the ships left out when you arrive at the pb. Although with the new clan mechanics I guess you could have it setup before hand. Currently these ships are being tested. They'll get tweaked a few times before they hit the live server.

On 8/28/2017 at 5:06 PM, Willis PVP2 said:

Right now, we have the fast 4th rate (Constitution), the turn rate and HP 4th rate (Wapen), the demaster (Ingermanland), and the PB all-rounder (Agamemnon). It would be cool to have a fast glass cannon with loads of bow chasers.

With 6 bow chasers I'd love to see the Wasa be able to fill the role of a chaser. Nerf speed and it won't be able to fill that role. It will be similar to the Inger. A 4 chaser ship that doesn't have the speed to keep up. In addition it lost it's superior turning. With subpar armor and bigger lower deck it seems like it would be a great demaster at range, but it's not. The masts are weak so when you're at a range that you think you can demast a Connie and it can't demast you that's not the case. Plus the huge lack of speed makes it tough to gain range at will. 

On a different note I noticed there is no slot unlocks on testbed currently. I was wondering if this change was going to go to live or if it was just a testbed thing? I'm hoping it's a live thing. I really could be bothered to play until that feature is gone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Except 3 aggies is way more powerful than 2 Wasas. Biggest problem would be the ships left out when you arrive at the pb. Although with the new clan mechanics I guess you could have it setup before hand. Currently these ships are being tested. They'll get tweaked a few times before they hit the live server.

Ofc ships will be tweaked, same for the slots values i gave, this can very well be 1 vs 1.25 or even less differences i let you here what i was talking about in my suggestion balance is not my job, plus i've never tested the Wasa atm : 

flag allow the bearer to group up to 25 clans mates in a limit of 25 slots.

Depending on the pb category (shallow, 4th or lineship) each ship model count for one slot or more (for exemple in a lineship port battle, agga count for 1 slot, bello 1.5, pavel2, bucc 2.5, victory 3 and santi 3.5. While in 4th, agga could count for 3, indef 2.5, trinco 2, surprise 1.5, cerb 1) pure exemples values.