Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

On 8/18/2017 at 8:32 AM, jodgi said:

Here's my uneducated hypothesis about the Prince and the hermaphrodite rig:

We see the rig with the big foremast yards that cues us to expect it'll work just like on the shiprigged (?) ships.

9feeb1fbc8d31b9fbf56709ca656b1bd.png

This is what the simulation looks at:

29308260c45d052a099df272fea59d14.png

The foremast yard just isn't there to be manipulated.

Just like the the other little ones.

70a082db530cab5d557815128ecd88fd.png

How should we balance the prince if we could boost turning, downwind speed, sailbraking, gunnery course neutralize (yard depower), tacking and reverse sailing and steering?

My first impulse in a tack was use manual yards to help, I kinda want it too, but we need to be careful what we wish for. :)

What about all the other ships from Privateer to Niagara if the full Prince was unleashed?

Be gentle, pls... 

Interesting that the game mechanics treat her as a schooner and the model is of a hermaphrodite brig or brigantine but with both a fore course and a foresail (fore and aft). It is one or the other really. Some sources also list her rig as a schooner and the rig could easily be modified one way or the other. Also interesting that she was noted to be a fast sailor and shouldn't be as slow as a Privateer or Lynx downwind. BTW she was captured in a gale when the wind overpowered her rig (springing her masts) and she was run down by British frigates. She was armed with 6 long guns and 12 12 carros at that time. 

Wouldn't Merc and Niagara throw a much heavier broadside though? 

• Like 3

On 18/08/2017 at 2:17 AM, admin said:

fVnt7uM.jpg

that is fuggly too, if you had to see it for 4 hours as you sail around the map you would understand. Now I see why you turned the back gun port into  a window, because the replica does so that they have more sleeping berths or something, makes great sense.

6 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

If I ain't mistaken, her real (historical) figurehead is unknown and the lion is just a guess from the shipbuilders of the modern replica. 

There might be better choices (e.g. a feminine figurehead).

I thought they were going to allow the figure head that you buy to show up when I saw that. But no, or at least not yet.

11 hours ago, PongoNW said:

Now I see why you turned the back gun port into  a window, because the replica does so that they have more sleeping berths or something, makes great sense.

51 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

yeah the fact that the last gunport on l'hermione is a window is not correct, thats just a replica thing, should be another gun..

Sorry, Gentlemen, but you are wrong. The real Hermione carried 2 x 13 on her gundeck, not 2 x 14. The last gunport has to be free of gun.

(Source : Boudriot, The History of the French Frigate, p. 156.)

This time, fortunately, Gamelabs didn't put a gun through every available hole...:) 

(unlike what happened to e.g. HMS Cerberus, if I recall)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

On 19.08.2017 at 6:12 PM, Capn Rocko said:

After demasting a LVG in battle, I noticed a black line coming out of the water and connecting to the top of the LVG's remaining mast. Not sure if this is a bug or if its intended to be leftover rigging from the downed mast. Either way, it looks weird. See pic:

599854a596796_NAbug1.thumb.png.366d63f9c94c0edfc555c784606410a9.png

what is your video card?

On 20.08.2017 at 11:43 AM, Mrgoldstein said:

also i really dont think the colour on the replica is correct, way to bright..devs should make the ships from autenthic ship plans en not copy badly made replica's

remember the fashion of those times. "Governor entered the room in the manly sky blue suede jerkin the color of which was accentuated by bright yellow pantaloons"

M518IrJ.jpg

• Like 3

On 19/08/2017 at 3:10 PM, Rebrall said:

@admin @Ink is there a breakdown of the new mechanics on the test server? Just want to know so I can test them to there fullest especially the hostility and the hostility missions at this stage there seems to be a limit on the missions only being accessible by 7th rates, apologies I advance if I'm using my teeth to look instead of my eyes,

@admin  any chance you could point me in the right direction please?

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

I've seen a similar thing with a demasted ventre, I've F11'ed it.

ca4af3bcd4f75ece26efee5c6c97e0c6.png

Dunno if my gfx card shows up with F11, so: 842bbf402eca7c334ca20a04e1e79f16.png

Have the same video card and this happened to me as well. F11 was sent.

There's been a little talk about it lately, so I wanted to check the stern gun arc of the bots. I took the first I found: Trader Brig.

7ada765183c3d35a9f815708f9e12a21.png

7bb4f5fef62b231999330cca1c0c72ca.png

I'll check my live TBrig later, but I doubt we can swivel our chasers that far out.

edit: live Tbrig check.

aimpoint:

4df37f426bfa191cabe662e035680f2a.png

948450494d86d57b4c12d9ae6673823d.png

That's nowhere near as wide as the bots' arc.

Edited by jodgi
  • Like 8

@admin @Ink

Please, if you call a Server: Testserver, make it possible, that ALL Items, Upgrades and Ships are available for Testing !

Like in Eve-OnlineTestserver: Almost everything is buyable for a small fee. Make maybee every Item/Ship/Upgrade cost 100 gold, resources 10 gold or so.

So, we can really test it and dont must wast time in senseless grinding/farming/trading !

Edited by [HRE] Lanfire
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, [HRE] Lanfire said:

@admin @Ink

Please, if you call a Server: Testserver, make it possible, that ALL Items, Upgrades and Ships are available for Testing !

Like in Eve-OnlineTestserver: Almost everything is buyable for a small fee. Make maybee every Item/Ship/Upgrade cost 100 gold, resources 10 gold or so.

So, we can really test it and dont must wast time in senseless grinding !

Yes, full agree. Testing means test thoroughly and that means access to all features quickly

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

They probably want to focus peoples attention to certain aspects of the game. Not disagreeing with you, just saying.

No. The Focus after switching to a new or updated dev tool must be to test everything quickly which is done best by giving access to all features. No one would grind here as intensively as on main server. And we had already graphical issues ... so this proposal of lanfire is very good.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikawa said:

No. The Focus after switching to a new or updated dev tool must be to test everything quickly which is done best by giving access to all features. No one would grind here as intensively as on main server. And we had already graphical issues ... so this proposal of lanfire is very good.

I said i'd agree with you but these guys are the developers and they will have a reason for not providing everything on test server, otherwise they would do it.... makes sense??

6 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

I said i'd agree with you but these guys are the developers and they will have a reason for not providing everything on test server, otherwise they would do it.... makes sense??

If they have, maybe they could tell us.

Actually for test purposes the best thing is having everything on sale in the shops for small fees.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

There's been a little talk about it lately, so I wanted to check the stern gun arc of the bots. I took the first I found: Trader Brig.

7ada765183c3d35a9f815708f9e12a21.png

7bb4f5fef62b231999330cca1c0c72ca.png

I'll check my live TBrig later, but I doubt we can swivel our chasers that far out.

edit: live Tbrig check.

aimpoint:

4df37f426bfa191cabe662e035680f2a.png

948450494d86d57b4c12d9ae6673823d.png

That's nowhere near as wide as the bots' arc.

This just isn't Test though, Yesterday I was side by side with a trader brig on Live to shoot the smoke video and a Trader Brig fired almost 90 degrees (70-90 degrees probably) from his stern guns.  I was expecting him to shoot with his broadside but he didn't, instead he shot with one stern cannon.  The thing actually hit me.  I need to go back and see if I got video, but by that point I think I was done filming smoke and I think I had turned it off to save on hdd space.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, admin said:

what is your video card?

@admin and @Capn Rocko, I've seen the same visual bug with lines from a dismasted ship leading into the water. I've seen it on the testbed (I believe I sent an F11 there) and I've seen it on PvP Global. In this screenshot from a few weeks ago on PvP Global, you can see a line to the right of Koltes' ship, leading from the missing mast section into the water. My graphics card and other rig information is included below the first screenshot.

599b1436ecb32_311310_screenshots_20170805013207_1(1).thumb.jpg.46a344ece3016bf64606c3669172ccf2.jpg

2017-08-21.png.08e1d2a38d408c36ee3ff3d5c693c56f.png

Testbed Unity 5 Update 

@admin and @Ink

ALTs and Sandboxie

Hong Kong normal Ping is 260. On TestBed stand alone in OW or BATTLE instance 195. At FULL SCREEN it drops again to 185.

See previous note on performance tests rig etc. Using my ALT tested both in OW. The Ping Rate is 189 (MPC) and 185 (ALT). In BATTLE Instance, again the same.

Very stable on both however ppl numbers low. This with both working at the same time. If this was normal I would normally lower both Graphics in game to medium. This wasn’t necessary at all. Both on AAx2 as well.

Liked the Grape shot graphics as well

Norfolk.