Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

22 hours ago, admin said:
  • Copper mine building removed, copper removed from all blueprints.
  • Copper completely removed so you can now make war supplies and muskets without copper

If copper is removed, then why do I still see copper ores, copper ingots and copper coins in Trader Tools.

There are no ports that are the consumer, the producer or in which these products are available.

22 hours ago, admin said:
  • Redwood logs abandoned; blueprints using redwood now use lignum vitae.
  • Pine is merged with Fir and is now Fir from today. Pine logs abandoned, blueprints have changed

The same situation with pine and red wood logs.

Edited by qw569

Hey Devs, good patch so far. I spend 2h yesterday sink some npc. At fights I notice that, armor, and structural are weaker before patch (or I shoot better doubt it). Its fine for me ,more i think fights will be shorter and more interesting. Secound thing is, why there is no grids cords on map? I understand this might me realistic game, but sailing without any guides is rather waste of players time. Even on realistic sailing simulators (like sailaway) u have navigation instruments ( I know its modern sail yacht simulator but this is just for example). NA is mmo for sake, and  it more mmo stuff. Map cords was good, wasnt direct information, it require some skills and thinking. Please give them back. (or maybe this was patch flaw). Thrid  question is how to turn on console and have information about damage done.

27 minutes ago, Borch said:

Okay, after playing for some time without reedeming anything i can tell you that newbies will have hard time playing against current AI.

The only ship they will be able to sink will be probably traders brig due to only stern cannons. Increased damage and better AI accuracy will kill anyone new starting the game.

I hope that AI improvements annouced will take that into account.

I disagree. It may seem like we're taking more damage, with weaker armor due to structure taking up a lot of the HP now, but AI seem to be LESS accurate than before, and as hopeless as ever. The basic Cutter with 4pdrs will chew through anything the first couple of missions will throw at it, and by the time newcomers have lvled out of it they'll be fine.

BTW, thanks devs for removing the annoying AI helpers in lowbie missions ;)

23 minutes ago, VonBarb said:

I disagree. It may seem like we're taking more damage, with weaker armor due to structure taking up a lot of the HP now, but AI seem to be LESS accurate than before, and as hopeless as ever. The basic Cutter with 4pdrs will chew through anything the first couple of missions will throw at it, and by the time newcomers have lvled out of it they'll be fine.

BTW, thanks devs for removing the annoying AI helpers in lowbie missions ;)

Your looking from the point of view of someone who has mastered the combat and knows angling of the ship to bounce, timing waves to make the AI miss and so on, a NEW player who knows nothing of naval combat will struggle.

The AI at lower levels has always been stupidly hard for a basic level compared to later on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ironhammer500 said:

Your looking from the point of view of someone who has mastered the combat and knows angling of the ship to bounce, timing waves to make the AI miss and so on, a NEW player who knows nothing of naval combat will struggle.

The AI at lower levels has always been stupidly hard for a basic level compared to later on.

I would hope on release there would be some kind of walkthrough/training implemented for newbies, but I agree a newbie fresh to the game would get disheartened quickly on the flip side you get 40 crew free and a cutter cost nothing so there is pros and cons 

12 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin Can we get a ship learning tree now so we know what ships we need to learn to go up what line. It's changed some or a few ships we aren't sure what is needed.

Thanks

@admin not to keep repeating it (only second time) can we now that the patch has been put to live get an accurate Ship Knowledge Tree so we know what paths we need to take for what ships and what level we have to get on each ship for future ships up the line?  This way as folks are starting on the new patch servers can move from the cutter into what ship they want to work for and get the experience needed later on so they don't have to go back to that ship again once they out grown it.  Remember we are very limited on dock space so I don't want to be keeping a bunch of ships around cause I don't know if I will need it to unlock something down the road.

Thanks

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

The only thing i can say to all that complain about changes. 

Why did you not participate on Testbed?

Okay coordinates where there on Testbed.

But all other things where there in the form they are now in the game or in a nerly same way.

So i think if you dont want in future to run with your Head agains a wall. Take some time go on Testbed and look at new things that get added to the game and make your suggestions befor it gets live.

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin not to keep repeating it (only second time) can we now that the patch has been put to live get an accurate Ship Knowledge Tree so we know what paths we need to take for what ships and what level we have to get on each ship for future ships up the line?  This way as folks are starting on the new patch servers can move from the cutter into what ship they want to work for and get the experience needed later on so they don't have to go back to that ship again once they out grown it.  Remember we are very limited on dock space so I don't want to be keeping a bunch of ships around cause I don't know if I will need it to unlock something down the road.

Thanks

the ship knowledge tree remained the same from testbed.  will post it shortly

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, FieryCross said:

Server maint times changed or another update?

need to post that too.. 
but i think we mentioned it some time ago that maintenance was moved to 13pm kiev time (6am new york, 3am san francisco)

• Like 5

So what is happening about the map grid lines? Without them it makes it near impossible to navigate to a point on the map. How are you going to know how close you are to the edge of the map it you do not have access to your position.

Please don't tell me that this is historical because that is absolute bullshit as you had experienced Navigators using sextants to navigate in open waters where there was no landmarks to assist.

Fix this or more players will leave.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, qw569 said:

If copper is removed, then why do I still see copper ores, copper ingots and copper coins in Trader Tools.

There are no ports that are the consumer, the producer or in which these products are available.

The same situation with pine and red wood logs.

In the final Testbed patch, copper ore was still a loot drop from ships. It looks like these items have changed from being crafting materials to trade goods - albeit trade goods which aren't seeded in any ports.

In a short while they'll clog up shop listings like fine woods did before the wipe, and I too was disappointed they weren't removed entirely.

But they did (eventually) remove copper ore from iron, stone and coal mine drops.

Edited by Remus

1 hour ago, admin said:

need to post that too.. 
but i think we mentioned it some time ago that maintenance was moved to 13pm kiev time (6am new york, 3am san francisco)

nice

1 hour ago, admin said:

the ship knowledge tree remained the same from testbed.  will post it shortly

Can u link that in the Patchnotes? THX

1 hour ago, Belamy said:

So what is happening about the map grid lines? Without them it makes it near impossible to navigate to a point on the map. How are you going to know how close you are to the edge of the map it you do not have access to your position.

Please don't tell me that this is historical because that is absolute bullshit as you had experienced Navigators using sextants to navigate in open waters where there was no landmarks to assist.

Yeah, it is a bit poor!!

I mean they didn't just point a ship in a direction and try to sail in a straight line! They took bearings and adjusted course a lot!

I think it was only included because some people said in the " magic moments" thread that they loved making land fall after a long voyage.