Game-Labs Forum

Limited economy slots - coming soon

I can agree with providing incentive for players to get into the PBs, rather than let the same 25 players fight them all, and then those that don't come after to reap the rewards of their nation owning the port/region. But I have to Concur with most of the concerns. Despite the fact there are so many ports (7500 buildings possible) even now you regularly see mostly the same 25 player give or take a few, in most of the PBs. Perhaps by continuing to limit the number of buildings a player can have, there will be incentive for some of those that are in every PB to stay out of some and allow others in. But at face value as you described it seems this is just going to make it much, much harder to be able to acquire the OPs one needs to get the resources needed to craft ships so they can fight. Players are going to tire quickly of the amount of effort it is going to take to be able to produce ships, that are going to be one durability, and have to do it far more often. The average player is going to have to grind resources and crafting every other battle to get a new ship, assuming they win 50% of the time. Some more, other less. First impression is it is going to make the game far more cumbersome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

@admin with this would there be a map reset? Because smaller nations would be messed up right on the get go without a map reset.

If they are going to merge the PvP1 and PvP2 servers they need to cause that gives every one a chance to start over, but if they don't what they need to do is set up the server.  Give every one on each sever redeemeables of those server and let them log into PvP Global and pick there new or old nation and redeem there resources.  This will allow folks to choise there new nations and hopefully give a better balance server.

1 hour ago, Captain Alexander said:

It's a big middle finger to traders who can't join PB's

"I have a bunch of these trade notes man, can you make me this or that and I'll give them to you?"   See how that worked I do the fighting and some small crafting and you do the major trade and crafting and we all happy.   Hopefully this will spur some more player trade in game than we have right now.  Where folks will actually trade for things.   I'm hoping the notes work any where you have land not just the port you take.  Though to be honest if you want a share than put in and take the port.  Sorry why should you get a share of our hard work when your not involved in the fight?

This idea sounds so bad.

The direction we're headed is it won't just be the noobs who have no hello kittying idea what is going on.

BUT...

Perhaps the upcoming 3rd Announcement may save the day a bit and give it all a chance??? Maybe it ties it all together??? I have no clue what it will be but let's say that our shipyards and crafting have to now all take place in the capital regions where there will be no port battles. The "buildings" that are located in those conquerable ports are only producing raw materials. Look ma, we have trade. We have open water transport of raw materials to the capital region. No magic delivery between freeports allowed.

= Big pvp clan choose who do pb = choose who can have building = choose who can craft = choose who can trade ?

= choose who play or who leave is game...

and,

for others , little clans, solo players , casual etc... , cant product and trade =  no monney for buy Something = ?

Edited by Morgane Drake
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Morgane Drake said:

= Big pvp clan choose who do pb = choose who can have building = choose who can craft = choose who can trade ?

= choose who play or who leave is game...

and,

for others , little clans, solo players , casual etc... , cant product and trade =  no monney for buy Something = ?

Ya better hope the prices are dirt cheap.  I gave up on crafting (except materials for my little clan/squadron) when I joined PvP EU, I may give it up altogether.  Hopefully I can find a Surprise or a privateer for 10k.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

Some of you might remember "such is a lord" topic

To make conquest bear more importance on release the number of buildings slots in port will be limited. This means that the city governor will be able to only allocate  25 land plots for construction of mines, manufactures and shipyards. This means only 25 Captains can own something in the city. (number is arbitrary and currently is equal to the number of port battle winners)

The system will work like this. 

1. Once you conquer the port you will receive land grants from the new governor in all cities in that region.
  2. These land grants  will be required to build buildings in the cities 
  3. If the port is captured by an enemy nation - enemy nation will of course takeover the land and destroy your buildings. 
  4. To be able to build anything in this city you will have to recapture it. 
  5. Those who don't need buildings can of course sell those land grants to adventurous businessmen. 
  6. If you win the port battle alone you will get all the permits to yourself.

This system main goals are

• Control resource supply to avoid inflation in the future
  • Provide huge incentive to conquer and participate in conquest

(ps. that's why night flips are no longer viable and tolerable)

This would be my first kinda critical post regarding new mechanics since I normally, for the sake of testing, just try it out and see.
And although I'm more of a PvP-er then PvE-er this is a mechanic I find very restrictive and sooner or later will take the fun and immersion
away for a lot of players, result less players online. Combining PvE and PvP won't solve this matter.

I like it you came up with suggestions to get people more participated in PB's but I for one can't seem myself to invest a lot in a port our nation
might just conquered, in which I participated (hence a free space as a reward) but with the risk to lose it all some days later and might not
have a chance to take it back (since I do have to work in r/l and have kids to attend to, therefore can't be online "all" the time). Result:
me, myself and I are going to play less since there is no incentive anymore apart from PvP (do like to trade and travel with goods now and then).

So yeah, kinda critical to this whole idea, because we all know not all 300 ports are as desirable hence more people want space in a less amount of ports. I was hoping this game would become more OW, free etc not less.

Edited by Dutch Langella
  • Like 1

I have read all of this thread and parts of the referenced Such is a Lord thread and wonder what century the Devs think this game is set. Viscounts and Dukes indeed! I'm not sure what Pirates, Americans or the French might think of that.

Warriors were given land in feudal time, but the nations that prospered - the ones that went out exploring, conquering and expanding, the ones that reached and settled in the Caribbean and Americas - had transformed into nations where invention, entrepreneurship, speculation, adventure and trade were admired and rewarded just as much as warriorship.

Certainly warriors were awarded titles; Nelson was given a viscountcy by the British and a dukedom by Sicily and of course Arthur Wellesley was made Duke of Wellington, but all these titles conferred was a seat in the legislature (one among hundreds), not any land or powers over lesser nobles.

Soldiers and sailors tended to stick to soldiering and sailing; land went to the speculators, settlers and traders who came behind.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, admin said:

This system main goals are

• Control resource supply to avoid inflation in the future

Controlling resource supply doesn't avoid inflation, rather the opposite. To combat inflation you need to control gold supply, or increase resource / labour supply.

• Like 7

Don't like the idea of a ruling elite who have the power to effectively control the game for other players.

The problem of taking part in port battles has been mentioned by many people, I suppose one solution would be for the "excluded majority" to start turning up early and gatecrashing port battles - don't wait to be invited by the clans, its yor game too.

• Like 5

So far the admin has stated that:

Governor/Protector will allocate land for buildings arising from winning a PB and that everyone in PB will get rewarded for winning, which is a little contradictory. What is clear is that controlling resources will be in the gift of players who attend PBs only and no other play style has a role. This makes Sea Trials look positively diverse - lots of PVP and everyone has a chance to play - what was the point of 18 months of open world which limits everything to PBs - blue prints/buiildings etc etc - its a rather small sand pit.

• Like 3

Everyone should relax as usual - if this idea is bad is not going to survive for long. But we believe that this idea is great. 

Problem it solves

1. Right any given city with iron can have 1000 mines in it, providing unlimited supply of free money. Landowner mechanic provides the natural easily controllable limit. If supply is too great - number of slots can be decreased, if supply is too small number of slots can be increased. 
  2. In addition landowner mechanic provides great incentives to join smaller nations who have free slots available
  3. Increase PB participation - pb's are mostly even battles and are fun if the battle is full. We want to provide hard incentives to drive players to fun mechanics. 
  4. It actually solves the alt buildings. Alt has to have that particular port permit - that means that someone has to actually do something to gain it - someone provided content to another player by winning pb (or losing pb)

Port battles are the main mechanism to gain the land but it is not the only one. You can buy it from other players, you could get it from the admiralty store. 

Idle players problem is solved through maintenance fees. You pay for a week and if you have not paid you lose that slot and someone else can open in that location. 
Alts cannot block the slot because you cannot block it. If you got the land permit = you get the building even if there is already X buildings in town. 

All this is important ONLY if inflation is indeed a problem (based on the player feedback). If inflation is NOT a problem and money should flow to everyone then this issue is moot honestly. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Rouleur said:

So far the admin has stated that:

Governor/Protector will allocate land for buildings arising from winning a PB and that everyone in PB will get rewarded for winning, 

NPC imaginary governor.. 

To build certain types of buildings you will need a land permit. Those land permits are issued by an NPC governor and are distributed by several means - main being the capture of the port. even at 25 per port 7500 buildings per server is a lot for the current online btw.

• Like 1

Thanks for clarification - I still think crafters should be rewarded for their profession and traders/commerce raiders etc the same and that PBs are just one play style, even for PVP combat orientated captains - screening action is not rewarded for example.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TsaVolrae said:

I don't do port battles.   I raid trade and grow things (trees and the such).  This will preclude me, I think from 1 of the 3 things I like to do.  But I will await the third post mentioned by the admin.  

I do worry this may impact negatively on port battles.  

Once again I will await the third post the admin mentioned.  

Overall. The 2/3 I have scene are good moves if the last bit ties it all together.  

I am the same. If buildings are part of the PvP environment, I respect that.

I will trade myself to riches and keep the economy running. Every now and than I will be attacked, but since my trader brig will be fully build on speed, I hope I can escape every battle. I am not sure, but my trader Lynx always managed to escape. Like admin said "There are 300x25 places to build something". Maybe I take that risk, In real life there were trade ships everywhere. Actually there were more trade ships than battle ships. It is to early to predict any negative effect on all this new stuff. This is still an alpha game and I like it this far :)

All the complainers should take a step back and maybe play something else for a while. This is not the end of the world.

Limiting stuff is such a great idea. Oh wait limited  event loot was liked by the majority as well. Now I see.

And thanks for turning is game into a 25 vs 25 battle mode around the back. Why troll people with OW and unlimited possibilities of a sandbox game when only one play style can have access to everything?

• Like 7

Hello Guys.

For myselfe its very hard after this patch to enjoy crafting. its nearly impossible. i still do pve missions even they get not much money reward like in the past, but i dont join port battles. i play if i have the time for it not on a date wen port pattle is set.

if you need to go this way devs, then give the player like me a chance to get those building places. get the admirality missions also an way that you can get this as reward of the port admirality, so there is an way to earn it on pve.

peoples wich dont play 24/7  or dont have time mostly for pb´s want to play this game also.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, admin said:

Everyone should relax as usual - if this idea is bad is not going to survive for long. But we believe that this idea is great. 

Problem it solves

1. Right any given city with iron can have 1000 mines in it, providing unlimited supply of free money. Landowner mechanic provides the natural easily controllable limit. If supply is too great - number of slots can be decreased, if supply is too small number of slots can be increased. 
  2. In addition landowner mechanic provides great incentives to join smaller nations who have free slots available
  3. Increase PB participation - pb's are mostly even battles and are fun if the battle is full. We want to provide hard incentives to drive players to fun mechanics. 
  4. It actually solves the alt buildings. Alt has to have that particular port permit - that means that someone has to actually do something to gain it - someone provided content to another player by winning pb (or losing pb)

Port battles are the main mechanism to gain the land but it is not the only one. You can buy it from other players, you could get it from the admiralty store. 

Idle players problem is solved through maintenance fees. You pay for a week and if you have not paid you lose that slot and someone else can open in that location. 
Alts cannot block the slot because you cannot block it. If you got the land permit = you get the building even if there is already X buildings in town. 

All this is important ONLY if inflation is indeed a problem (based on the player feedback). If inflation is NOT a problem and money should flow to everyone then this issue is moot honestly. 

We shall test this and report with a feedback.
As a community this is what we will do.

We also provide ideas and our own level of expertise in various aspects of the game... such as economy.
I did a short write up on some simple economy mechanics that has to be in place if you aim to create workable PVP economy.

Please keep up the good work.

Yours faithfully,

Pirates of PVP2

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, admin said:

Problem it solves

Thanks for making it a bit more clear.  Can we get the info on server mergers updated and posted from what has been leaked from the french section please?

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Thanks for making it a bit more clear.  Can we get the info on server mergers updated and posted from what has been leaked from the french section please?

its not leaked. Ink posted the same info on the 6th of march on the English language forum